PDA

View Full Version : Arkforge Bonus Being Removed from Future DLC5 Purchases

Scapes
04-29-2015, 07:14 PM
Ark hunters,

We wanted to give you a heads-up on a change being made to Arktech Revolution (https://defiancepc.trionworlds.com/products/view-product?code=DLC_5&__utma=232027264.815511879.1430265785.1430353174.1 430359297.3&__utmb=232027264.2.10.1430359297&__utmc=232027264&__utmx=-&__utmz=232027264.1430359297.3.3.utmcsr=defiance.co m|utmccn=(referral)|utmcmd=referral|utmcct=/en/&__utmv=-&__utmk=124666953), the fifth DLC for Defiance. When this DLC was released, the newly-implemented threat system required a bit more balancing when it first went live. As a result, we added a bonus of 1000 Arkforge for DLC5 purchases.

As a heads-up, after May 5, this added bonus will be removed from future DLC5 purchases. Arktech Revolution purchases made before then will still claim the bonus Arkforge.

Chump Norris
04-29-2015, 07:17 PM
Was nice while it lasted..

DEATHBRINGER210
04-29-2015, 08:06 PM
will this affect games bought with the season pass ? before this date?

Holy Bahamut3
04-29-2015, 08:40 PM
I feel sorry for those who purchase DLC 5 after the change goes live...

CowdBlud
04-29-2015, 11:51 PM
Ark hunters,

We wanted to give you a heads-up on a change being made to Arktech Revolution (https://defiancepc.trionworlds.com/products/view-product?code=DLC_5&__utma=232027264.815511879.1430265785.1430353174.1 430359297.3&__utmb=232027264.2.10.1430359297&__utmc=232027264&__utmx=-&__utmz=232027264.1430359297.3.3.utmcsr=defiance.co m|utmccn=(referral)|utmcmd=referral|utmcct=/en/&__utmv=-&__utmk=124666953), the fifth DLC for Defiance. When this DLC was released, the newly-implemented threat system required a bit more balancing when it first went live. As a result, we added a bonus of 1000 Arkforge for DLC5 purchases.

As a heads-up, after May 5, this added bonus will be removed from future DLC5 purchases. Arktech Revolution purchases made before then will still claim the bonus Arkforge.

hmmm... i think the 1000AF is advertised as included on all the adverts/boxes etc... so wont this be in violation of the sale of goods act?

Dixie Cougar
04-30-2015, 12:01 AM
I feel sorry for those who purchase DLC 5 after the change goes live...

Pretty much.

Scapes
04-30-2015, 12:32 AM
hmmm... i think the 1000AF is advertised as included on all the adverts/boxes etc... so wont this be in violation of the sale of goods act?

No, the bonus Arkforge isn't actually advertised anywhere on the store page.

will this affect games bought with the season pass ? before this date?

Nope.

monkey bailz
04-30-2015, 01:28 AM
What a poor statement (excuse) "threat level balance"

We all know it's being done to push people to buy arkforge in-store,

Dreypa
04-30-2015, 01:59 AM
You guys really that hard up for money? Sheesh.

Dixie Cougar
04-30-2015, 02:00 AM
You guys really that hard up for money? Sheesh.

I used to encourage all our members to buy the dlc--"you also get 1000 arkforge with it"... well, there goes that. We do a lot of experts in our clan so having more people with the dlc is helpful. So this is a total lose-lose really. I was helping y'all make money!

Nothing against Scapes, not trying to shoot the messenger here and I get that the intent is to at least be transparent, but all I want to hear about right now is bugfixes for Alcatraz. I really like the expedition gameplay which simply makes me want bugfixes even more. After having so little news from the devs in the last couple weeks, this merely makes me roll my eyes.

Soundtrack26
04-30-2015, 02:02 AM
Wtf is "arkforge"?

Atticus Batman
04-30-2015, 02:04 AM
Wtf is "arkforge"?

The currency used to raise the ego or rarity of your gear.

GahdolfMiLahwn
04-30-2015, 03:08 AM
OK, help me out a little.

What does purchasing DLC 5 get that isn't free?
I bought the season pass and the only thing I noticed from DLc 5 is the arkforge.

Fuzzy
04-30-2015, 03:53 AM
OK, help me out a little.

What does purchasing DLC 5 get that isn't free?
I bought the season pass and the only thing I noticed from DLc 5 is the arkforge.

Access to the Chimera Vendor and Faction (Chimera Daily with 1 Core per day = 10 total per week as opposed to 3 total per week for non-DLC owners).
An outfit, a title...
But yeah, the Arkforge has been a nice boost to the DLC and was a good boost for everyone just starting the game.

Psycroww
04-30-2015, 04:28 AM
Wow, that's a killjoy.

Tura Satana
04-30-2015, 04:31 AM
Wow.. just.. wow.

x2Tough4UrOddzx
04-30-2015, 05:25 AM
I used to encourage all our members to buy the dlc--"you also get 1000 arkforge with it"... well, there goes that. We do a lot of experts in our clan so having more people with the dlc is helpful. So this is a total lose-lose really. I was helping y'all make money!

Nothing against Scapes, not trying to shoot the messenger here and I get that the intent is to at least be transparent, but all I want to hear about right now is bugfixes for Alcatraz. I really like the expedition gameplay which simply makes me want bugfixes even more. After having so little news from the devs in the last couple weeks, this merely makes me roll my eyes.

Completely agree. Instead of continously removing useful & helpful things how about focusing on fixing the bugs & all the other bullsh*t that the DEVs have been aware of since day 2!? Seems to be that they fix 1 thing but seem to screw up 5 more things! I'm with you though, after every update I'm either shaking my head or rolling my eyes & swearing at my tv lol.

KILLSHOT707
04-30-2015, 06:50 AM
Bad call, people are getting bored with the new changes. What I mean by that is, it takes req's to do a lot of dailies or weeklies. People with multiple toons,FTP and ones with out Patron pass have less to do. A lot are simply are just tired of all the problems/changes and playing less. Any thing you guys do at this point should make people smile and this is not it. You don't need to read a fortune cookie to see your past. Before FTP your changes drove 90% of the players away and the game was dead. One step forward..five steps back. Please just fix the problems with this game and stop giving people less.

Thorax The Dark
04-30-2015, 06:55 AM
why cant they be transparent ? we all know why you removed it. i feel like we are being lied to like children. We all know there are bills to be paid etc we get it. TRANSPARENCY PLEASE. just please be honest when posting, you will not get such a bad response if you just tell the truth. some of us players spend more time playing the game than you do making it... need to start recognizing your fans. treat them with respect please and be honest about more things

edispilfnairb
04-30-2015, 06:57 AM
Yes, I agree. This is a really poorly timed decision. With all the bugs in the game right now, this is Trions focus???

This DLC was the only one worth steering new people towards. Even if Trion is doing it to stop vets from getting 1000 forge for 10 dollars its a poor business choice. You guys would have more purchace's if the Micro transactions in game were indeed ''Micro".
Especially with the lousy RNG.

ColapsN7
04-30-2015, 07:26 AM
DataBase *History
#7X7XX42X 2013-7-09 Defiance® PC Code Applied Season Pass

...N7® .

VesperLynd
04-30-2015, 07:31 AM
Yes, I agree. This is a really poorly timed decision. With all the bugs in the game right now, this is Trions focus???

This DLC was the only one worth steering new people towards. Even if Trion is doing it to stop vets from getting 1000 forge for 10 dollars its a poor business choice. You guys would have more purchace's if the Micro transactions in game were indeed ''Micro".

I could not agree more. I would love to see the dlc5 sales from now until May 5 from "new" accounts.

Praxus07
04-30-2015, 08:00 AM
Guess I'd better trade some stuff in to gamestop tomorrow to buy this dlc before the only reason to buy it vanishes.

EvilAg3nt
04-30-2015, 08:14 AM
Ark hunters,

how about you stop trying to screw everyone over for money and Fix your Servers First.
wow this made me mad,i havent been able to turn in contract/rep for 2 weeks because of your stupid dc-s.
and this is what you Focus on?

as a Business Owner,and responsible for my customers Satisfaction,i take one look at whats going on last couple weeks and wince.
you people need to get your heads out of your behinds.
i cant understand how theres Such a rift between Reality and your corporate board.

here,lets try this in words you might understand.
you make us Happy,we give you Money.
you make us grumpy,we go away and you get No Money.
Stop Screwing with What we Already Had,ie Dailies/Weeklies,Fix the damm arks and for the love of god get those damm Ads off the winning screen Please.

tarmim
04-30-2015, 08:20 AM
Whats the reason to remove it?

tarmim
04-30-2015, 08:22 AM
how about you stop trying to screw everyone over for money and Fix your Servers First.
wow this made me mad,i havent been able to turn in contract/rep for 2 weeks because of your stupid dc-s.
and this is what you Focus on?

as a Business Owner,and responsible for my customers Satisfaction,i take one look at whats going on last couple weeks and wince.
you people need to get your heads out of your behinds.
i cant understand how theres Such a rift between Reality and your corporate board.

here,lets try this in words you might understand.
you make us Happy,we give you Money.
you make us grumpy,we go away and you get No Money.
Stop Screwing with What we Already Had,ie Dailies/Weeklies,Fix the damm arks and for the love of god get those damm Ads off the winning screen Please.

He said it like an @SS but hes got a point . Im 100% on this!!!

EvilAg3nt
04-30-2015, 08:22 AM
Greed.
cant be anything else.
a 1000 is only enough to raise 2 guns or mod a little bit.
so their " reasoning " kind of shows right thru.

and yeah im heated.
ik im new but i dumped a lot of money in the game already and i cant even enjoy it.

tarmim
04-30-2015, 08:23 AM

Ill just repost this to make sure Scapes sees it :). Np youre welcome scapes >:D

Tyler Sunder
04-30-2015, 08:38 AM
we can't blame scapes, poor guy probably worries if his job will go poof on a daily basis. I sense despair on the horizon, a second coming of san diego.

Midnight
04-30-2015, 08:39 AM
Whats the reason to remove it?

There's a way to abuse almost anything...some enterprising folks were probably using the dlc as a way of getting forge at 75% discount...they have decided to put a stop to this, thinking that these people will then pay 300% more for their forge...they are wrong

CaptainObvious
04-30-2015, 08:59 AM
Go home Defiance, you are drunk.

demolishdreams
04-30-2015, 09:00 AM
If the "threat" system was even relevant here,which its not, you could just reduce the amount of arkforge included in the DLC. Players are being lied to, this company just gets more greedy with every update, here I just was going to spend $100 on this game. Now its going to another mmo I play. For an mmo lacking content, this is just going to make you lose players again. Seriously disappointing.

EvilAg3nt
04-30-2015, 09:01 AM
im sure Scapes will understand that is more addressed to his Corporate Board than Scapes himself.
im sure the devs are working hard,im sure the CS team is working hard.
its the decision makers that arent thinking clearly.
if you want to sell a Product,make it a Good product,and Stand Behind it.
not halfass it and expect the money to keep coming in.

hes just the messenger as it were....lets hope he actually Shows this to the suits.

DEATHBRINGER210
04-30-2015, 09:04 AM
its still cost way to much to upgrade all your ojs. one toon is 4600 ego . and most of the oj gear is still around 1200ish ego. not enough forge dropping and the cost to upgrade is way to expensive

stefb42
04-30-2015, 09:39 AM
Does this mean a permanent price reduction for dlc5? Likely not, typical of the direction of this game lately, less bang for your buck, but heh it's my buck and as long as this continues you wont get another out of me, and to think I bought £100 ms credit ready to drop on bits when Alcatraz released, needless to say after seeing what Alcatraz was, most of that credit is still ms credit not bits and its looking a lot like harmonix will be getting it

Come on, give us some good news for once, give me something worth spending my cash on and make it value for money, that's all I want and you'll get what you want... Mine and others cash, everyone's a winner heh

klaboo
04-30-2015, 12:18 PM
Up until just now I was thinking about buying some or all DLC. Since EGO 4707 I have a constant reminder of having some EGO points available that I can't spend. And Arkbreaker as well as Casti has some cool weapons that I could test in PTS.

But this just finally convinced me that I better spend any money on another game...

cmpowell
04-30-2015, 01:09 PM
To me this seems logical. After all the 1000af was given because of what dlc 5 did with the ego/power lvl of weapons with the tl system. The dlc is almost a year old there's no more shock to the system for players. They're just giving away af for nothing now

Ark Huntress
04-30-2015, 01:45 PM
They're just giving away af for nothing now

Last I check, the DLC must be paid with real life money in order to own it. So technically, they are not giving away things, they are selling the whole thing. What they are doing soon is watering down the content of the DLC which bodes well for no one, especially those who are going to miss out the forge when they buy it in the future; if they are going to buy it.

Guess they are very keen on missing out players themselves the way there are heading.

I will just play the game as it is in the corner...

DEATHBRINGER210
04-30-2015, 02:49 PM
the npcs are still bullet sponges , and the npc in the new update are eating even more bullets, every update yall lose more money and players . when is a update actually going to fix something and and not make the game any worse?

Mrdr
04-30-2015, 03:11 PM
Before I spend any more money on this game I'd like to know if it's going to be wasted. I was just given some PSN gift cards and I was going to drop them on Defiance for a patron pass and some more slots. But now I'm wondering if I should start looking into other games instead.

I was under the impression that Defiance was planned to be around for many years yet but this announcement is typical of businesses that are really hurting for cash just before they file chapter 11. I'd like to help keep Defiance around but I can't do it by myself. This move, combined with the expedition/hunter reqs and the new marketing strategy of throwing an add for the bit store everywhere will likely have a greater negative impact on sales. This will make it harder for the game to continue.

Is Defiance circling the drain here or will it be around for several years to come as intended?

Thanks.

DEATHBRINGER210
04-30-2015, 03:22 PM
the show will be around for years they said the already have season 4 planned out, it doesnt seem like the game has much life left . with all the loot nerfing unstable game play, and a busted up RNG . driving players away . this cow is running out milk and off to the meat market she goes

Dreypa
04-30-2015, 03:43 PM
Think its safe to assume from all the recent money grab tactics the so called "Devs" have employed ; defiance isn't profitable. so...

>devs know the game is dying
>devs didn't turn a profit yet
>devs want money
>devs milking last couple drops that they can
>devs want more money
>devs don't care about customer satisifactions

I mean look at several of the other MMOs they develop; they recieve consistent content updates ; were as defiance gets cookie cutter ******** that any entry level programmer could design. It's obvious defiance is on the bottom of the totem pole in there eyes.

Hence why my wallet got put away a while ago.

cmpowell
04-30-2015, 04:48 PM
Last I check, the DLC must be paid with real life money in order to own it. So technically, they are not giving away things, they are selling the whole thing. What they are doing soon is watering down the content of the DLC which bodes well for no one, especially those who are going to miss out the forge when they buy it in the future; if they are going to buy it.

Guess they are very keen on missing out players themselves the way there are heading.

I will just play the game as it is in the corner...

Yes the dlc cost $10 the amount of a they give you with it is around $35. So they loose $25 everytime someone us the dlc

Ark Huntress
04-30-2015, 04:52 PM
Yes the dlc cost $10 the amount of a they give you with it is around $35. So they loose $25 everytime someone us the dlc

Seems that you cannot differentiate between Trion selling things and Trion giving things. I will step away and let you be! He-heh!

Dixie Cougar
04-30-2015, 04:56 PM

Uhhh, what? The variable cost is zero.

Dreypa
04-30-2015, 05:49 PM
Uhhh, what? The variable cost is zero.

Your right it costs them 0.00$ to generate a new DLC code / arkforge. Its pure profit to the publisher.

Fallen_Aingeal
04-30-2015, 05:49 PM
I think I follow where cmpowell is going and personally, I agree.

I also remember them "adding" the 1000 arkforge to the DLC to alleviate the burden of a lot of our inventories being nullified with the scaling aspect of the DLC. We would have been left with gear that was completely useless. The 1000 forge was to coddle the masses that didn't want to go through an entire gear fiasco like 1.5 put us through.

New players and current players aren't suffering from this. As was stated, that DLC launched over a year ago. I can understand taking it off the DLC and turning it into the true cash flow device it was intended to be.

DEATHBRINGER210
04-30-2015, 06:33 PM
with the price to keep your gear upgraded 1000 forge is nothing at all . but a tiny drop in the ocean

CowdBlud
05-01-2015, 12:39 AM
No, the bonus Arkforge isn't actually advertised anywhere on the store page.

My appologies - re-reading your original post, you are not referring to physical game boxes that are already out there - which I was referring to.

So those ebay and amazon bargins just got a whole lot more appealing!

Tura Satana
05-01-2015, 12:56 AM
Before I spend any more money on this game I'd like to know if it's going to be wasted. I was just given some PSN gift cards and I was going to drop them on Defiance for a patron pass and some more slots. But now I'm wondering if I should start looking into other games instead.

I was under the impression that Defiance was planned to be around for many years yet but this announcement is typical of businesses that are really hurting for cash just before they file chapter 11. I'd like to help keep Defiance around but I can't do it by myself. This move, combined with the expedition/hunter reqs and the new marketing strategy of throwing an add for the bit store everywhere will likely have a greater negative impact on sales. This will make it harder for the game to continue.

Is Defiance circling the drain here or will it be around for several years to come as intended?

Thanks.

Well, the console versions can only be around as long as their systems keep their online servers open. I thought Sony were closing ps3 servers at the end of this year..

Fallen_Aingeal
05-01-2015, 09:14 AM
Well, the console versions can only be around as long as their systems keep their online servers open. I thought Sony were closing ps3 servers at the end of this year..

This is a myth. Sony has stated several times that they will support PS3 for many years to come.

Consoles are still being purchased new and games are still being made for the system. Hell, Sony still supports ps2.

voidwarlocker
05-01-2015, 09:38 AM
This may be the worst timing I've ever seen for a change of this nature. You are losing respect and loyalty daily with Alcatraz and this certainly won't help. But hey, make it while you can. At this rate though you may want to put a little back...

Tura Satana
05-01-2015, 10:00 AM
This is a myth. Sony has stated several times that they will support PS3 for many years to come.

Consoles are still being purchased new and games are still being made for the system. Hell, Sony still supports ps2.

Not PS2 online. They will cut online support for ps3 sooner than you think. And they will probably only give 6 months notice.

Trogathorna
05-01-2015, 10:32 AM
Not PS2 online. They will cut online support for ps3 sooner than you think. And they will probably only give 6 months notice.

PS3 severs will be around a while longer. They have said they plan to keep the servers up n running for a few more years...after that it depends if they r still making money on them if they go any longer then that.

TNO
05-01-2015, 11:19 AM
So you guys were wondering why they took AF out of dlc5? Read Defiance 3.100 to PTS notes. New bundles coming with AF included.
Who would have thought.

voidwarlocker
05-01-2015, 12:15 PM
Something removed to push new sales? They would never.

PithHelmetIrath
05-02-2015, 11:42 AM

And good riddance, IMO.. PSN is a much better overall experience on the PS4..

Kyrinthic
05-04-2015, 06:50 AM
I think I follow where cmpowell is going and personally, I agree.

I also remember them "adding" the 1000 arkforge to the DLC to alleviate the burden of a lot of our inventories being nullified with the scaling aspect of the DLC. We would have been left with gear that was completely useless. The 1000 forge was to coddle the masses that didn't want to go through an entire gear fiasco like 1.5 put us through.

New players and current players aren't suffering from this. As was stated, that DLC launched over a year ago. I can understand taking it off the DLC and turning it into the true cash flow device it was intended to be.

Speaking as a new player, Orange weapons I pick up at lower EGO do not magically scale up. The change affects all players as they push through the levels, not just the ones that were capped and still using low level gear because there was not scaling.

By the time I reach 6k ego or whatever, I will need the same amount of arkforge to get guns I pick up along the way to high enough ego as anyone else that had a pile of guns to upgrade when the DLC came out.

That said, my first thought was 'hey, I better grab that now while its still worthwhile, I have been wanting to unlock some of those perks'. My second thought was 'thats a ******** way to push me to buy the thing, I dont want to support it'. I still want to buy the dlcs, they have been on my radar since I started a few months ago, and I'm enjoying the game for the most part, but this is crappy, and it very much does not influence me to spend more, quite the opposite.

r1p
05-04-2015, 09:17 AM
And good riddance, IMO.. PSN is a much better overall experience on the PS4..

Does the PS3 ability to use the PSN somehow diminish the PS4 experience?

PithHelmetIrath
05-04-2015, 07:20 PM
Does the PS3 ability to use the PSN somehow diminish the PS4 experience?

Probably not.. but I definitely notice a difference in how games just seem to perform better through PSN on the PS4. Having owned a few, the PS3 is one that I would like to forget..

Kapo
05-05-2015, 07:19 AM
I'm really sorry that such good game is getting so bad every day, people are going to stop playing defiance because there assent been any thing been done to maintain its good player, all we read is more ways to put money in trion s pocket, dlc 5 with out 1000 forges is worth less dlc , i am guessing Alcatraz not going very well on filling company's needs to more money... keep it up and only thing people are going to be buying is other better games ...even worst now lock boxes weapons soon cant be trade really ,, we put money but we cant trade ..lol

ShatterST4R
05-07-2015, 10:03 PM
Alcatraz was a big letdown. I'm glad I only paid 30$ into defiance and got many hours and great things without sending Trion my bank check while I played defiance. Now I always just look at defiance in my games and go meh to play something else.

Prlvateer
05-08-2015, 12:40 PM
Future DLCs?

FFS I am not receivging any ArkForge any more, and it is an old DLC.
What gives?

Ever since this new patch, not a single ArkForge.
I should be getting 4 per day.

Is it bugged or does Trion deserve a kick in the nuts?

It is one thing, their greedy ***** dont give us a way to earn Bits ingame, and it is totally another to pull the the rug under our feet and take Arkforge from daily/weekly DLC rewards entirely.

How the hell am i suppose to upgrade weapons now?
*** em. No, *** em. I am never ever buying anything from their store ever again.

And what is Alcatraz anyways man? Content update? It game me 2 hours worth of content before the "currency" ran out.

Where on earth do they get these stupid ideas anyways?
Is there one moder coding this shlt for months only to get released and be consumed in hours?

Mister Derpenhowser
05-08-2015, 12:46 PM
Future DLCs?

FFS I am not receinging any ArkForge any more and it is an old DLC.
What gives?

Ever since this new patch, not a single ArkForge.
I should be getting 4 per day.

Is it bugged or does Trion deserve a kick in the nuts?

It is one think their greedy ***** dont have a way for us to earn Bits ingame, and it is totally another to take the the rug under our feet and take Arkforge from daily/weekly DLC rewards entirely.

How the hell am i suppose to upgrade weapons now?

*** em. No, *** em. I am never ever buying anything from their store ever again.

Sounds like you had a patron pass and its run out.

Prlvateer
05-08-2015, 12:54 PM
Sounds like you had a patron pass and its run out.

No, I bought DLC pack (several DLCs) way back, and I was getting daily and weekly rewards at least 1 year now.

The post says: Arkforge Bonus Being Removed from Future DLC5 Purchases
Future purchases, see.

Mine is old.

cmpowell
05-08-2015, 01:06 PM
No, I bought DLC pack (several DLCs) way back, and I was getting daily and weekly rewards at least 1 year now.

The post says: Arkforge Bonus Being Removed from Future DLC5 Purchases
Future purchases, see.

Mine is old.

Your not talking about the same thing the af bonus that was removed was the 1000 af you got when purchasing dlc5. If you aren't getting af in daily and weekly rewards then that's a separate issue ie patron pass or other.

Prlvateer
05-08-2015, 01:13 PM
That 1000 AF was spent 5 min after I got into the game lol.

So I am to take this as a bug then?
Contact support, wait for a month to get a stupid reply that does not help in any way and just accept the status quo?

cmpowell
05-08-2015, 08:05 PM
That 1000 AF was spent 5 min after I got into the game lol.

So I am to take this as a bug then?
Contact support, wait for a month to get a stupid reply that does not help in any way and just accept the status quo?

You got it