PDA

View Full Version : Why Plate Slicer needs to be "fixed" again!

demolishdreams
05-01-2015, 10:12 AM
So, I have a Autumns Scourge Mk2 and a plate slicer bmg that I used to test this. I decided to create a cyber rig with 6 Armor Eradicators which comes out to 12% more armor plate dmg + the plate slicer synergy which is 10% for a total of 22% more armor damage. I can shoot up to 10 shots with the scourge before the plate slicer synergy kicks in and I destroy a SINGLE plate with an average of 6 shots for the synergy to work. This goes for all enemy types. Next I tried my bmg, I could kill apex enemies before and the synergy wouldn't come up. This goes for all enemies also. Normal bio works better than a synergy called PLATE SLICER. I could use a bio plate slicer gun, but why should players have to limit what nano they use because trion broke the synergy. Do I really need to spell out the problem here.

Johnny Gatt
05-01-2015, 10:43 AM
OK .... I see your problem. You were attempting to apply logic to something Trion did on Defiance .Stop.
You were expecting a synergy called plate slicer to actually slice plates.
Don't ask them to fix anything either, as they generally don't ever do that, and on rare times times they do , break several other things. This would require a patch, as well as a patch to fix that patch.
The synergy just needs to be re-named. Change it to: "Kinda Like Bio...Almost"

SirServed
05-01-2015, 11:23 AM
Plate Slicer currently works as intended. You need to first understand that the Scourge leaves a Bio pool and is not a Bio nano weapon. As such, the Scourge's natural damage to Armor Plate Durability coefficient is 10%. With Plate Slicer and your Armor Eradicator, this adds up to at most 32% on a Detonator that naturally deals less damage than other Detonators. If you were to apply 1 Scourge grenade to a target and allow the pool of Bio to spread, then apply more grenades, they would gain the Bio pool's innate 100% Armor Plate durability bonus, which makes breaking Armor Plates much easier. This will allow you to not only activate the Tier 2 Plate Slicer bonus but stack it properly during subsequent breaks. When trying to break plates, you'll want to fire more than 1 grenade at the target and time your detonation in a manner that the subsequent grenades will benefit from the Bio pool spread of the first.

In case you didn't notice, the original deployment of the Plate Slicer synergy weapons was broken. It took time to get fixed and now people are crying that their formerly broken weapons are no longer the best thing to happen to their careers.

mystickaldj
05-01-2015, 11:26 AM
OK .... I see your problem. You were attempting to apply logic to something Trion did on Defiance .Stop.
You were expecting a synergy called plate slicer to actually slice plates.
Don't ask them to fix anything either, as they generally don't ever do that, and on rare times times they do , break several other things. This would require a patch, as well as a patch to fix that patch.
The synergy just needs to be re-named. Change it to: "Kinda Like Bio...Almost"

see this is where your wrong, they "fixed" plate slicer ability....in all reality all they did was make it to where the plate slicer ability didnt hardly do anything. before the armistice event we were able to slice plates like the name calls for in a matter of a minute if it was syn modded. now its like were lucky to slice off 1 plate with a fully t4d plate slicer wep. what is the point in a plate slicer wep if the ability only works on like 1 or 2 plates when they have 7 plates?

SirServed
05-01-2015, 11:31 AM
see this is where your wrong, they "fixed" plate slicer ability....in all reality all they did was make it to where the plate slicer ability didnt hardly do anything. before the armistice event we were able to slice plates like the name calls for in a matter of a minute if it was syn modded. now its like were lucky to slice off 1 plate with a fully t4d plate slicer wep. what is the point in a plate slicer wep if the ability only works on like 1 or 2 plates when they have 7 plates?
No. With the old Plate Slicer, your regular weapon (regardless of nano) could remove 10 plates from a target within seconds. The broken Plate Slicer synergy was much more effective than the Bio nano at removing Armor Plates, hence the need for a fix.

mystickaldj
05-01-2015, 11:46 AM
No. With the old Plate Slicer, your regular weapon (regardless of nano) could remove 10 plates from a target within seconds. The broken Plate Slicer synergy was much more effective than the Bio nano at removing Armor Plates, hence the need for a fix.

yea i used my plate slicer frc nomad throughout the CC event and was stripping plates off now i would rather use a bio nano wep with the perk on to hit plates.

Cobra Crusher
05-01-2015, 01:03 PM
Fully t4d fates kiss will clean all those dirty dishes.

demolishdreams
05-01-2015, 01:37 PM

The fact of the matter is, I'm doing an outrageous amount of damage to armor, or atleast I should be and yet it doesn't break. It took up to 10 shots sometimes to have the plate slicer synergy kick in. That's two full clips which it should always take the same amount. The synergy seems to only work based on RnG. Whatever they "fixed" isn't fixed at all. Plate slicer did need a downgrade, but where it stands now is just absurd. I was never really a fan of plate slicer before the patch but using it now, I might as well be hitting enemies with a peashooter.

Johnny Gatt
05-01-2015, 02:00 PM
I have some really nice plate slicer weapons. I now see that I kill the target with all plates intact even at high threat levels. the fix was supposed to just adjust for proper cool down on perk 3 if I remember. I always ran with just 1 or 2 ps mods on my guns so plate slicing should be no different than if fully model right??

Logain
05-01-2015, 02:32 PM
I have some really nice plate slicer weapons. I now see that I kill the target with all plates intact even at high threat levels. the fix was supposed to just adjust for proper cool down on perk 3 if I remember. I always ran with just 1 or 2 ps mods on my guns so plate slicing should be no different than if fully model right??

The fix was that as well as every nano was behaving as if it were Bio (i.e. was doing 135% damage to plates instead of 20%).

The Scrouge is technically a nanoless gun and is the detonator version of the Sludge RL. So it should not be as effective as removing armor plates as other weapons.

Plate Slicer was really only designed to work with the Bio Nano. And it seems to work well well and as intended with my Bio (or Bio converted) plate slicer guns (at least for my Ranger, Repeater, Courier and Blast Rifle).

Claydough
05-02-2015, 01:06 AM
this synergy is way way under powered.

sure, it could get kinda op before but i believe the 25% should stack until it get to like 200% or somthing.

the synergy should not be plain out done by bio nano weapons. these are limited time weapons and should be more powerful than standard type weapons, not the other way around...

Logain
05-02-2015, 06:33 AM
I think the point is that Plate Slicer only works well with the Bio nano.

The bigger question is why doesn't the Scourge have a bio nano like the new Apex Sludge Hammer. And Feaster needs the bio nano like the Leaping Lord has radiation. Please devs make this happen.

Johnny Gatt
05-02-2015, 07:12 AM
If plate slicer was intended to work only on bio weapons, then why did weapons drop with other Nanos ?
During the armistice event, The re-worked weapon drops still had Nanos other than bio. The thing I liked most about the synergy was the ability to make a gun more versatile. A syphon gun with plate slicer can do the work of two guns without switching back and forth. You also didn'the have to fill up perks to support two different Nanos at the same time on a single loadout. If anything , I think a bio plate slicer is both redundant and OP at the same time.

mystickaldj
05-02-2015, 07:49 AM
i agree it does not need the bio ability. cause you could initially get a similar plate slicer ability with any synergy with the corrosion perk which is 30% dmg to armor with bio attacks.

then you have gamma rays which is +25% armor penetration from radiation attacks. so if you have a plate slicer smg with rad nano and have gamma rays attached then it should in turn boost the dmg to armor plates by another 25%.

when i noticed that even with my plate slicer nomad smg that had rad nano with the gamma rays attached it was not doing hardly anything to the armor plates. so i just decided to sell my nomad smg.

plate slicer should NOT be tied to a certain nano as the syn is supposed to slice plates as it states in the syn name. otherwise i would not have an frc big boomer with no nano with plate slicer syn.

i do however like the idea of a plate slicer wep having the syphon ability as you would get 2 abilities in 1 wep. but i do agree that would be to overpowering of a wep. just like people that was saying there was syphon purge converters for AR and there is not and tons of people tried telling them that. a purge wep with syphon would be way to overpowering

edispilfnairb
05-02-2015, 07:50 AM
The fix was that as well as every nano was behaving as if it were Bio (i.e. was doing 135% damage to plates instead of 20%).

The Scrouge is technically a nanoless gun and is the detonator version of the Sludge RL. So it should not be as effective as removing armor plates as other weapons.

Plate Slicer was really only designed to work with the Bio Nano. And it seems to work well well and as intended with my Bio (or Bio converted) plate slicer guns (at least for my Ranger, Repeater, Courier and Blast Rifle).

Wrong. Rashere stated the plate slicer named weapons were Bio and worked with bio perks. Here is his quote:

Hellfire weapons don't actually do syphon damage. The Harvest guns are doing bio damage, though, so perks that affect bio damage would affect them.

Rashere

So according to Rashere, the Scourge and Feaster are indeed Bio weapons that are effected by Bio perks, which means Armour should melt.

No where was it stated Plate slicer was Designed to work with just BIO. They over fixed the Synergy when re-balancing it. If Plate slicer was designed for Bio they would have never released other Nano's with Plate slicer. Bio just becomes OP with Plate slicer. Its redundant.

Claydough
05-02-2015, 08:33 AM
I think the point is that Plate Slicer only works well with the Bio nano.

The bigger question is why doesn't the Scourge have a bio nano like the new Apex Sludge Hammer. And Feaster needs the bio nano like the Leaping Lord has radiation. Please devs make this happen.

they were not a fixed nano, therefore they were not at all designed exclusively for bio, not even that, but the weapons that dropped are not effective bio weapons. rockers, bolters, bonfires, infectors, birdshots are all terrible at destroying plates. the devs put no thought into this at all, but was excused because the syn was broken and made up for it. now that its fixed it really shows how poor the synergy is.

the the last bonus didn't have a cool down it wouldn't be a bad synergy