PDA

View Full Version : Defiance Developer Q&A: May 1

CM Kiwibird
05-01-2015, 05:44 PM
http://i.imgur.com/SChgGXx.gif (http://www.trionworlds.com/defiance/en/2015/03/27/defiance-developer-qa-march-27/)

Welcome, ark hunters! You’ve asked, we’re answering. We’re back with another action packed Defiance Developer Q&A! Make sure to keep an eye out for the next question collection thread on our official forums next week!

Will we see new enemy types in the immediate future within expeditions?

We are currently working on a new Dark Matter Expedition in a new environment. It’s looking pretty sweet, we’ll have updates soon.

Will bit gifting, or bit store item gifting become a thing?

That's something we’d like to get going, we have to clean up the store a bit first before we do that.

Can we please get the old Cornucopia Supply Crate added to the bit store?

The current Cornucopia Supply crate along with the other holiday crates will be removed from the store in the near future.

Inventory is an issue many players have, but previous caps caused extensive disconnect issues, would it be possible to create a stash system where a player could place items that are not trade locked. This would allow more room in inventory for things that are such as chips/rigs and would open another possible bit store item to increase cap of stash.

With the next update we are increasing the inventory cap by another 100.

Are you aware of the issue regarding major arkfalls and incursions overwriting and wiping out a Warmaster arkfall? If so, do you have any plans in place to fix it?

Yes, we are aware of the larger incursion event ending the Major Summon Arkfall (Warmaster), we are still investigating the root cause of this.

Are there any plans to help organize the Salvage Matrix menus? If so what kind of plans?

With the Alcatraz release there was an update to the Salvage Matrix functionality in the inventory. You can now Right Click (PC) or use the R2 Trigger (Consoles) for all your basic Salvage Matrix actions.

Will we be able to break down orange weapons into silicon shards?

Silicon Shards are an exclusive component when breaking down Cyber Rigs and Cyber Chips.

Why did you guys remove the loot item pop up on top of screen?

This is something we are in the process of correcting. For the time being, the smaller pop up will be fixed to show the proper rarity of the item.

Have the Developers considered adding Chip Pullers to the in-game loot that only drops in boxes?

Chip pullers will not come from any crates.

Read the article on the website. (http://www.trionworlds.com/defiance/en/2015/05/01/defiance-developer-qa-may-1/)

irisawifi
05-01-2015, 06:52 PM
Your bird is such a cutie:) squeee!

myWiggy
05-01-2015, 07:05 PM
So I'll do this as respectfully as possible.

Let me just start by saying I haven't been able to play half of your game for over a week now. I've shelled out over $80 for bundles, inventory and loadouts and I haven't been able to play ANY MULTIPLAYER for a week. That means no Shadow Wars, no Co-Op maps, no dailies, no weeklies, no Warmasters and NO EXCURSIONS; that thing you've been working on for months now I CAN'T PLAY.

And now I read your "Q&A" and you didn't respond to any of that. You didn't address the problem of players not being able to play your game; instead you flat out state how you guys are going to try and make more money.

Trion I like your game, I pay for your game which I NEVER do. But when you think the players care more about "different enemies" in a game mode that's broken or "bit gifting" instead of you fixing major problems like guns, shields and grenades not working, matchmaking/server errors and the neverending disconnect issues than you need to realize your product is on a decline and accept that you hit your peak and fade off with grace.

Ark Huntress
05-01-2015, 09:00 PM
Aww! Adorable cockatoo! What is his/her name?

Tyrious
05-01-2015, 09:08 PM
with the addition of Alcatraz and the insane daily's considering the cost of HR's this game is now going to die the destroyed it to make some fast cash the current dev's need to restructure Alcatraz especially the HR cost and daily and weekly's so that they can be done on 3 HR's a week or give us more of them or make them affordable no evryone lives in califorina and maks a fortune a week

Tura Satana
05-02-2015, 04:52 AM
They increase the inventory cap size.. of course you'll have to pay for it. Nothing answered here is useful to the game at all. Especially in its current state of disfunction. Its just more rubbish.

rodney
05-02-2015, 07:03 AM
Are we surprised they ignored the important stuff and just fed us a bunch of bull about how they plan to earn more? We should expect nothing less going forward than Trion only concerned about how to make a dollar instead of fixing the game so it plays somewhat properly. Trion was once an ok company...now they make EA look like the mother Theresa of the industry.

GahdolfMiLahwn
05-02-2015, 07:31 AM
At least they didn't pick the softball questions like "how do I make sure that expedition matchmaking doesn't drop me in solo?"

Holy Bahamut3
05-02-2015, 07:46 AM
I am disappointed they decided not to allow an in game way to acquire chip pullers. I guess it will never change...

Claydough
05-02-2015, 08:22 AM
I am disappointed they decided not to allow an in game way to acquire chip pullers. I guess it will never change...

pulling chips is somthing they obviously dont want happening very offen

Hexthat
05-02-2015, 09:50 AM
Will an option to appear offline ever come about?

Sometimes I'm feeling anti-social and don't want to be bugged by clanmates or friends, and maybe I want to do expeditions alone just to see how high I can get the tier by myself. Wish I could solo co-op missions I absolutely hate waiting on randoms in order to play.

FaTalGrymm
05-02-2015, 10:32 AM
I think it is obnoxious to charge for something everyone needs and can use, In this instance; chip pullers. Making it a bit only transaction robs many free to pay players the opportunity to organize and tailor fit a rig. I say this as a pay to play player. I spend a small fortune on defiance and other games.

With the chip pullers specifically, you are crippling the rigs of free to pay players. Making this aspect of the game not free to play at all. On the whole defiance is a wonderful game and reasonable for pay to play. But, what you folks are failing to see, is that charging for things like this is something that will ultimately cripple the morale of the average player. It will take more from the game, than it will give to you, in the long run. Do you know what word of mouth in the gaming community can do to a game? Games go south very quickly, for reasons like this.

My suggestion is to allow shards to be traded for chip pullers at a rate of 25 shards to 1 puller. That way every one has the option to do so, at the cost of their shards. People like me will still buy extra pullers. Trust me. Their needed to design and maximize a rig to top performance. To allow for the liberty to change out that rig pending environmental play, or pvp play? This would make the rigs a great deal more than they already are. It would also help cut back on inventory slots. As it is I have 5 rigs designed to different functions. I would love to cut it back to 2 or 3. It's not much, but being a merchant, I already have enough in my inventory. I cannot for a 100 extra slots!!!

Having more chips would allow others to have what I already maintain. Thus continuing the sincere legacy of free to play. As it is, truly, it may be free to play, but your playing with your Achilles cut. Gimped.

It would make you appear less greedy, which a lot of players are concerned with right now.

You guys run a great game. Don't handicap it. Don't limit it so much. People will still buy boxes and hunter reqs and forge. Give them this. Maybe a couple extra reqs a week too, across the board. People would be grateful. You show your benevolence. You guys don't seem like greedy scum to me. I submit a lot of tickets and have dealt with more than a few reps. You guys are people. Don't be greedy. It's not a good look lol.

mr8liner
05-02-2015, 11:59 AM
Kiwi, when is alcatraz going to get fixed??? I keep getting reset back to round 1 after finishing round 5. Getting a hard freeze makes you lose your HR. I think it is time that you guys start giving back 3 hr's for every hr someone loses at no fault of their own.

This has been going on for two weeks now and nothing is being done about. All I see you guys doing is coming out with new things to get money instead of fixing what is broken now. It's getting really tiredsome having to always talking to support to get lost hr's back.

If you do not have answers to this can you have someone at trion reply to this thread explaining to the players why you guys are not doing anything to fix Alcatraz?

If things that are broken got fixed I'm sure more people would spend money..

TNO
05-02-2015, 12:25 PM
But, what you folks are failing to see, is that charging for things like this is something that will ultimately cripple the morale of the average player. It will take more from the game, than it will give to you, in the long run.

Is there even a long run left for this game? I think people in charge have realized that this game is going downtown fast and now trying to make a last buck before they have to pull the plug.

ICU
05-02-2015, 04:21 PM
more simple answers to simple questions who would had thought,

wjssmith
05-02-2015, 06:21 PM
Trick must be laughing his *** off right about now. Talk about getting out in the nick of time.

Chump Norris
05-02-2015, 06:25 PM
The current Cornucopia Supply crate along with the other holiday crates will be removed from the store in the near future.

Awww.

Thanks for the answer kiwi.

Holy Bahamut3
05-02-2015, 06:37 PM
Trick must be laughing his *** off right about now. Talk about getting out in the nick of time.

Not really Trick oversaw at least 4 mass exodus'. This stuff is mellow by comparison.

DEATHBRINGER210
05-03-2015, 10:35 AM
why wont the devs talk about the busted up match making and shadow wars?

Sea_Jay
05-03-2015, 05:39 PM
Hey, could you add in a feature to build a users house in Defiance in one of the communities ?
Skyrim , SecondLife, Borderlands, and several other games let users pick a spot to put up a base.
A stash for their extra stuff, and well a 'home' position that is a safe zone they can start in,
buy stuff and decorate it up, etc... a bed, some furniture, a gun rack, a fridge with food and drinks...
Fallout and Fallout New Vegas had that too... SecondLife has a very profitable business of renting land for homes...
Real cash for virtual homes! :-)
Just a thought... I was trying to get into the bar at the crater - but the door doesn't open...
People could build / buy up homes from modified containers - to actually nice homes - the more they spend the bigger, better, etc...
Just a request...
Thanks!

mr8liner
05-03-2015, 05:52 PM
Hey, could you add in a feature to build a users house in Defiance in one of the communities ?
Skyrim , SecondLife, Borderlands, and several other games let users pick a spot to put up a base.
A stash for their extra stuff, and well a 'home' position that is a safe zone they can start in,
buy stuff and decorate it up, etc... a bed, some furniture, a gun rack, a fridge with food and drinks...
Fallout and Fallout New Vegas had that too... SecondLife has a very profitable business of renting land for homes...
Real cash for virtual homes! :-)
Just a thought... I was trying to get into the bar at the crater - but the door doesn't open...
People could build / buy up homes from modified containers - to actually nice homes - the more they spend the bigger, better, etc...
Just a request...
Thanks!

Ummm, I can answer this for you......NO. They are so many things that are wrong with this game right now they do not have the time or the resources to do something like that. IT would take them way more money to come up with then they would ever get back. Most people playing this game want stability. That there is a very reasonable request. Something like this is not needed in this game. If you like hard freezing and timing out, then this would be a great addition. Frankly, after 2 years of timing out and hard freezing, they don't need to add anything else that would make that even worse.

Next time ask them to fix all of the problems with Alcatraz, the problems with grenades, and eveything else in i the game. Those " might " be more likely to happen

wjssmith
05-03-2015, 06:15 PM
Not really Trick oversaw at least 4 mass exodus'. This stuff is mellow by comparison.

I was actually talking about Trick getting out (didn't he just leave trion?).

Holy Bahamut3
05-03-2015, 07:00 PM

Yeah he's gone. Just saying this anger pales in comparison to some of the stuff that happened under trick.

Ker Splatt
05-03-2015, 07:06 PM
" Inventory is an issue many players have, but previous caps caused extensive disconnect issues, would it be possible to create a stash system where a player could place items that are not trade locked. This would allow more room in inventory for things that are such as chips/rigs and would open another possible bit store item to increase cap of stash.

With the next update we are increasing the inventory cap by another 100."

Soooooo.... do you have any plans on fixing the inventory crash issue before increasing the inventory cap?
This crash still happens now on Xbox and increasing the inventory cap will make it worse if you don't fix it first.

Chump Norris
05-03-2015, 08:34 PM

That is the story we were told...

Whatever happened I am happy to have LoCarb.

Thorax The Dark
05-05-2015, 10:02 AM
this is rubbish

Ker Splatt
05-07-2015, 05:19 AM
Noooooo... the inventory scrolling crash hasn't been fixed.