PDA

View Full Version : Pay to Shoot Coming Soon

Big Jack Shepard
05-02-2015, 03:16 AM
The new Jackpot item is a pair of pistols that share the same ammo pool.

When asked in the recent livestream about whether or not this new jackpot will have an extra amount of ammo, the Dev said no and that we could purchase from the bit store a temporary upgrade that will give us more ammo.

So forget pay-to-win, we are already on our way to pay-to-shoot.

Fuzzy
05-02-2015, 04:28 AM
Well... The synergy on the pistols is kinda powerful-ish.
With Patron Pass and the temporary ammo boost, you'd get up to +125% ammo on the normal pistol ammo pool. Increasing the pistol ammo pool would be just overpowered for those that have the store boost.
A small part of the population will have a +125% ammo boost, but I can kinda understand them wanting to keep a balance as they have to think about every possibility.

Gaige12
05-02-2015, 04:34 AM
Soon enough, instead of the amount of ammo you have remaining, it'll just show the amount of bits you have remaining and you'll shoot those straight out of your wallet. :p

On the next trigger pull after you run out, you'll get sent to the bit store to buy more "bullet credits". :mad:

EDIT: Boy that would really put a damper on my BMG/CF spamming loadout. :(

Tura Satana
05-02-2015, 05:18 AM
Soon enough, instead of the amount of ammo you have remaining, it'll just show the amount of bits you have remaining and you'll shoot those straight out of your wallet. :p .

LoL this is great xD

SUPREEM
05-02-2015, 06:12 AM
I believe from this point on, everything trion does will be geared towards forcing bit store sales. Before we know it, its going to cost us bits just to use an ammo crate more than 10 times an hour.

PithHelmetIrath
05-02-2015, 06:13 AM
I believe from this point on, everything trion does will be geared towards forcing bit store sales. Before we know it, its going to cost us bits just to use an ammo crate more than 10 times an hour.

Doesn't matter.. I still won't spend a dime. There are far less expensive games that I can play, and have more fun doing so..

WhiteStrike
05-02-2015, 09:59 AM
Doesn't matter.. I still won't spend a dime. There are far less expensive games that I can play, and have more fun doing so..

Same.I've been playing DUST 514 more often since the loading screen ads were added.

Mint
05-02-2015, 10:28 AM
None of that pay to shoot that's just madness! I don't understand why there's a need for players to pay for extra pointless crap that they don't need.

The new boxes are another rip off, but instead of wasting 1M Scrip for crap, TriCon have the cheek to charge an extortionate amount of real money for them! Then when you have the weapons, you will need to put your hand back in your pocket for a patron pass for the "temporary ammo boost" Paying for extra ammo is stupid, you can only loot so much ammo so you will run out quickly!

I'm not spending another penny on the game. I don't know what happened, but I used to enjoy playing

On an unrelated subject, my game lags, it's annoying, anyone else having the same problems?

r1p
05-03-2015, 09:01 AM
Same.I've been playing DUST 514 more often since the loading screen ads were added.

Isn't Dust just PvP though? I've been looking for a replacement that combines open world and PvE and I haven't found it yet.

TNO
05-03-2015, 09:20 AM
Soon enough, instead of the amount of ammo you have remaining, it'll just show the amount of bits you have remaining and you'll shoot those straight out of your wallet. :p

This really made me laugh.

Niner82
05-03-2015, 09:39 AM
Then we will eventually have to rent our guns, with bits, from our inventory to be able to use them in game. You want to use your Dancing Lady, 400 bits for 10 mins. :).

rodney
05-03-2015, 09:42 AM
The new Jackpot item is a pair of pistols that share the same ammo pool.

When asked in the recent livestream about whether or not this new jackpot will have an extra amount of ammo, the Dev said no and that we could purchase from the bit store a temporary upgrade that will give us more ammo.

So forget pay-to-win, we are already on our way to pay-to-shoot.

The dev suggesting the temp upgrade made me literally fall out of my chair and roll with laughter. Sooner rather than later, Trion will lose an unsustainable amount of players(is it safe to presume they ruined their other titles the same way?) and be forced to close their doors. I used to love Defiance, but this greed kick has to stop and focus needs to be geared towards making the game enjoyable again instead of the pay to play piece of garbage its become.

Niner82
05-03-2015, 09:42 AM
Then when your wallets empty, the money in your bank account will start transfering out of the bank, and turn into bits so you can shoot that away too :).

Gaige12
05-03-2015, 09:54 AM
Don't forget having buy gas for our cars.:p

(Oh, and insurance/registration)

Niner82
05-03-2015, 10:00 AM
Don't forget having buy gas for our cars.:p

(Oh, and insurance/registration)
Don't forget we will have to buy a Driver's Licence to even have permission to drive the car, or get insurance :p.

PithHelmetIrath
05-03-2015, 10:23 AM
Isn't Dust just PvP though? I've been looking for a replacement that combines open world and PvE and I haven't found it yet.

For me, it's Grand Theft Auto Online.. it also helped to find a fun & active crew to join. Reminds me of the fun I used to have playing Defiance years ago..