PDA

View Full Version : The person who wrote Cooper's line should have x's for eyes.

Cddragonlance
04-05-2013, 10:39 AM
"Those responsible have x's for eyes now."
Who the hell thought that was a good line of dialogue?

Roflmaowtf
04-05-2013, 10:46 AM
Haha, I thought that when I heard it earlier.

discosoc
04-05-2013, 10:48 AM
lol, that had a very "crappy comic book writing" style to it. The fact that he said it with all seriousness was even better.

Dr D Wayne Love
04-05-2013, 10:49 AM
Yip, stood out when I heard it too.

Did the TV shows writers write the dialogue for the game too?
I think it's going to turn out to be quite cheesy.

Bear1968
04-05-2013, 11:13 AM
I like to snipe ... the stealthier the better but every time I do a mission with him, I sneak up to a good place to start picking mobs off 1 at a time, he runs in there Screaming " C'MON LETS GET IN THERE ..... I AM PINNED DOWN DAMMIT!!!!! " Then he aggro's the whole camp.
All I know is Cooper will never make it as a Stealth Ninja Sniper :rolleyes:

Stryfe
04-05-2013, 11:26 AM
Yes! I mean, as soon as I saw the SyFy link with Defiance, I knew it would come with a certain campiness to it (like the much beloved Firefly, Star Wars, and many others), but that line was definitely a stretch.

I gotta say though, overall, I actually like the story, and the writing and dialogue in a lot of the missions (especially the episode missions) has been entertaining (considering most MMO-type game writing is unoriginal, bad, or worse: not entertaining). I especially love Nolan's character, then again, maybe it's because he reminds me of Malcolm from Firefly...

As an avid MMO/MMORPG/shooter player for many years, this is the first MMO (and there have been many) that I actually paid attention to the story, and I haven't done that since WoW, but WoW had a story I loved since I first played the original Warcraft and followed through to WC3 and then the MMORPG game itself. So that is sort of like comparing apples and oranges, and I digress...