PDA

View Full Version : I feel ripped off, bought the game and couldn't play it at ALL (3days so far)

kryptik1993
04-05-2013, 10:47 AM
Are you blocking middle eastern IP's or something? i've been getting the error
THE DEFIANCE SERVER IS NOT AVAILABLE

for three days straight, I haven't found any REPLIES or help from your team at all.

ironhands
04-05-2013, 10:50 AM

for three days straight, I haven't found any REPLIES or help from your team at all.

I've seen other threads about this. Don't a lot of middle eastern ISPs filter/block some connections? A friend of mine was living in Dubai for a while and couldn't access a few games. A free VPN might allow you to bypass that, have you tried one?

Also, did you complete the download, and aren't able to login with the game, or is it the patcher that you're having issues with?

Suikoden
04-05-2013, 10:50 AM

Did you uninstall the beta version?

Vinticus
04-05-2013, 10:54 AM
You are not missing anything.
For the past few hours I only saw 2 other players and was forced to do Arkfalls solo cuz there was nothing else to do and no one to do things with.
Main quest is stalled because its too tough, cannot group for it solo only, cannot level cuz there are no side quests. Lost 1K in script from dying at Arkfall.
And the one Arkfall that had the 2 other players gave crap for loot.
This game is FAIL run like hell from it.

ironhands
04-05-2013, 10:56 AM
For the past few hours I only saw 2 other players and was forced to do Arkfalls solo cuz there was nothing else to do and no one to do things with.
Main quest is stalled because its too tough, cannot group for it solo only, cannot level cuz there are no side quests. Lost 1K in script from dying at Arkfall.

thanks for you contribution

Binny45
04-05-2013, 11:33 AM
I'm in the same boat and Trion has done nothing. As soon as the box shows up on my door step I'm going to contact Amazon about getting a refund. I was misled to believe that pre-ordering would mean I get to play BEFORE others, not waiting almost a week after launch (and counting). The game is fun, but it's not THAT much fun that I can't replace it with something else. A word to the wise: Not looking after your customers at launch doesn't bode well for your game's future. You only need look at any release in the last five years to see evidence of that. I understand that you as a company have your hands full, but I don't see any effort on your behalf to try and make it up to us either. Lots of problems and no solutions.

ironhands
04-05-2013, 11:42 AM
They've made an announcement every day on the status.

http://community.defiance.com/

They specifically say they are looking into ways to make it up to the community.

Keverettusps
04-05-2013, 11:49 AM

Y U LIE so hard >.< There is a lot of people in the noob region called Mount tam, ALL SIDE QUEST are redoable for farming and Main quest are CO-OP just not when you must enter one single area and that's easy to solo. SHAME ON YOU

Kurogami
04-05-2013, 12:33 PM
Wow... 3 whole days... People couldnt play WoW for weeks when it first launched because of instability... and if you want something MORE recent, some people STILL CANT PLAY SIMCITY. And thats been out for over a month. All in all Defiance is a great game and I trust that Trion is working their arms to the bone to try to bring the game to a point where everyone can play. Comparatively, EA decided to add a Simcity server... to ANTARCTICA... Im sorry if I sound a bit rude, but an MMO is never an easy game to launch. Trion is making the effort to fix all of the issues, which is more than you can say for some companies.

SonicBoom
04-05-2013, 12:54 PM
Every single time a new MMO is about to be released, I "predict" that a lot of people will have prolems logging in. And guess what? I have yet to get it wrong a single time. I'm not psychic. I'm just aware that it's nearly impossible to launch a game without any errors at all. Even offline single-player games will have bugs, so an MMO with thousands of people logging on all at once? It has never and will never, ever be 100% without problems from day one. But guess what? It can, and usually is, fixed as quickly as possible. It can take a few days, or even weeks in some cases, but they are working on it. My best suggestion? Deal with it. It's not the end of the world, or anything. It's just a game.

2DoPE
04-05-2013, 01:32 PM
now on my 4th day of waiting to get inside the game...

ShrykeAbysmal
04-05-2013, 01:46 PM
I'm in the same boat and Trion has done nothing. As soon as the box shows up on my door step I'm going to contact Amazon about getting a refund. I was misled to believe that pre-ordering would mean I get to play BEFORE others, not waiting almost a week after launch (and counting). The game is fun, but it's not THAT much fun that I can't replace it with something else. A word to the wise: Not looking after your customers at launch doesn't bode well for your game's future. You only need look at any release in the last five years to see evidence of that. I understand that you as a company have your hands full, but I don't see any effort on your behalf to try and make it up to us either. Lots of problems and no solutions.

I don't understand. When has pre-ordering ever meant playing before everyone else? Nobody plays before launch except BETA testers. Pre-ordering means you get bennies that those who order after launch don't. I can't recall seeing anything in pre-launch literature that would lead anyone to believe pre-ordering means anything other than that. Retailers that carry the game are only required to get pre-orders to the customers by launch day. Not before, so how would one play early anyway with no live servers online and no stated intent that they would be.

scruffyhobbit
04-05-2013, 01:50 PM
sure you didn't buy Sim City?

Ker
04-05-2013, 02:04 PM
Wow... 3 whole days... People couldnt play WoW for weeks when it first launched because of instability... and if you want something MORE recent, some people STILL CANT PLAY SIMCITY. And thats been out for over a month. All in all Defiance is a great game and I trust that Trion is working their arms to the bone to try to bring the game to a point where everyone can play. Comparatively, EA decided to add a Simcity server... to ANTARCTICA... Im sorry if I sound a bit rude, but an MMO is never an easy game to launch. Trion is making the effort to fix all of the issues, which is more than you can say for some companies.

While it's true that WoW was a pain to play when it released (I was on Arthas when the game started and yes it was awful) it was in 2003 and was Blizzard's first MMO while Trion have Rift (true it's their first console MMO)
But it does not make it right that someone can't play his game because other games did worse.

For all we know this person might end up not playing for a week or more making it somewhat similar to WoW, and also if my memory is right Rift had an amazing release compared to plenty that had an horrible launch, Anarchy Online had an abysmal one (was the first MMO I really played more than the free month, UO and EQ did not grabbed me) Anyhow I think this person is right by being angry that he/she can't play, yes patience is a virtue but not everyone has the same level of patience and I know that when I can't play a game because it bugs out and/or something is broken I get annoyed and even sometimes I ditch the game completely to never return to it and when people ask me question about that game I say it's crap don't buy it. Word of mouth is pretty strong, if I like something I'll say it to the people I play with while if I hate something everyone I know will know it's how it works not just me almost everyone does that.

Kane
04-05-2013, 02:16 PM

I mean little to no disrespect by this but i think you might be FAIL as a player, i finished the whole storyline before i hit 300 ego lvl, every time i go to an arkfall i actually get a bit annoyed by the number of players around, never managed to do one by myself...i have a plethora of side quests still unfinished even tho i completed 3 zones in the game...
Maybe you are playing at different times than the rest of the world and that is why you don't find people, i for one see the server really populated...i can;t drive offroad for more than 2 minutes and not see people around...

the storyline is easy...really easy...you can solo it if you have moderate skill...
You could actually start a thread with the story quest you are on, and if you run in to trouble we will help you with advice on how to do it or what to do in that situation...more important than knowing what to do it not to get frustrated or angry...

Dagbiker
04-05-2013, 02:22 PM

Maybe this game just isnt for you, its cool.

Pipda
04-05-2013, 02:26 PM

Not to kick you while your down but if you REALLY want to play day 1 then.

#1 If your on PC purchase a digital download and pre-load.
#2 If your a console pre-order in store and pick up.

If not your at the mercy of your postal service. Sort of Gaming 101 man and applies to any game you buy.

If you ordered the CE offline for PC...see #2. And if you live on the back end of the moon with no brick and mortar retailers...well sort of the problem with living in the middle of BFE.

Laughter
04-05-2013, 02:40 PM
Well.... :3

HALP ME, TOM CRUISE! THE WORLD IS ENDING. IT'S BEEN 3 DAYS SINCE LAUNCH AND I CAN'T LOG IN.

Dagbiker
04-05-2013, 02:45 PM
Not to kick you while your down but if you REALLY want to play day 1 then.

#1 If your on PC purchase a digital download and pre-load.
#2 If your a console pre-order in store and pick up.

If not your at the mercy of your postal service. Sort of Gaming 101 man and applies to any game you buy.

If you ordered the CE offline for PC...see #2. And if you live on the back end of the moon with no brick and mortar retailers...well sort of the problem with living in the middle of BFE.

Best laid plans of mice and men.

feckster
04-05-2013, 02:59 PM
Hey man, Trion have been very up-front on the launch issues, check out the Defiance site which has an up-date daily. With my near on 30 years of gaming I have been very impressed with how honest they are being, believe me this is not the norm & I do really believe they are working hard to fix the issues,!