PDA

View Full Version : Exploits and cheats running rampant in pvp

Ryu Soba JP
05-04-2015, 11:49 PM
The frustration is building. I feel that if the devs don't get a handle on this now a lot of people will stop playing. The "detection" system you have for pvp is not working. Aim-bots, invisibility (bug/exploit), God Mode, shooting through walls and breaking the intended playable map and now lag switching. All in pvp. The list keeps going and more people are doing it now. I've posted about it before and so have many others. It's not our loadouts or choice of weapons and it's not our lack of skill. It's simply people abusing a game the rest of us want to enjoy.

Currently players can not complete any competitive multiplayer pursuits because there are to many people abusing and exploiting. Honestly feel this game needs in-game moderators not just for pvp but for overall gameplay.

We the community keep bringing this issue up and some of us feel like it just not a priority. In fact, lately aside from Alcatraz it seems the only priority is to increase bit store sales and new content. But let's be honest, who would spend 100 bits for consumable refill when you can use in game scrip to refill all of them for free? Why do we need purchase options on every screen in game? Why focus on new content when current one old content is bugged/broken?

I know there is a lot going on with fixing Alcatraz but pvp really needs some attention. Perhaps more than bit store upgrades.

crazyged
05-05-2015, 12:28 AM
Don't worry, it'll get fixed - if they can find a way to monetise it!

Daily420
05-05-2015, 02:22 AM

Hehehe :) "Monetise" made me laugh. But yeah, hope things that need fixing gets fixed. I love PvP. It's not always that we face cheaters/abusers... but, yeah, there are times when some players smell fishy inside the PvP ring.

Aside from cheats, I guess PvP needs more love in general. Give us PvP related events please :)

Duke_Shambles
05-05-2015, 02:38 AM
Don't worry, pay 2 hack is coming soon guys.

konstantinov
05-05-2015, 02:51 AM
Pics or it didn't happen.

crazyged
05-05-2015, 04:24 AM
Don't worry, pay 2 hack is coming soon guys.

I can see it now - bundles with 90-day invulnerability!

Only 10 000 bits!

Mint
05-05-2015, 04:49 AM
That sounds about right Sachek!

I know PvP was a big part of the game for pursuits and ego, and anyone still chasing those pursuits are becoming more and more agitated, as the issue is left unresolved. As you no longer need PvP pursuits to reach max ego, they should just advance the pursuits for all or remove them completely

Meee
05-05-2015, 04:54 AM
I don't know I went into PvP last night ( owned like usual ) . The only issue I had was the guy who went 5-7 with 1200 points made the top spot on the new scoreboard. I would have thought my 20-2 with 2400 points would have done that especially since I was on the winning team .

duction
05-05-2015, 05:04 AM
How are people cheating on the consols!?

Meee
05-05-2015, 06:31 AM
How are people cheating on the consols!?

I guess they have modded controllers , jailbroken computer programs , exploiting off the map spots ect ect . Personally it doesn't really bother me since I still kill em even with all that . Also I found 90% of ppl calling hack is due to lag . Example . Ppl not taking damage may only be on your screen but the really take dmg . ( I've killed plenty of ppl that took no dmg ) my bullets go rite thru them . Well sorry to tell you they aren't there anymore but you still see them . Again lag

duction
05-05-2015, 06:36 AM
I've noticed this lag especially from our French neighbours in pvp, it must be a connection issue.

konstantinov
05-05-2015, 06:36 AM
I guess they have modded controllers , jailbroken computer programs , exploiting off the map spots ect ect . Personally it doesn't really bother me since I still kill em even with all that . Also I found 90% of ppl calling hack is due to lag . Example . Ppl not taking damage may only be on your screen but the really take dmg . ( I've killed plenty of ppl that took no dmg ) my bullets go rite thru them . Well sorry to tell you they aren't there anymore but you still see them . Again lag

I cycle between 3 controllers because the battery life is garbage.

The Lady
05-05-2015, 06:56 AM
There have been a large number of new faces playing PVP. Some really really good. There is at least one guy sitting off map at A's spawn point every game now. I figured it was the rigs making everyone better. I did see a guy Monday completely own PVP. I mean he was taken all five hits from my boomer with hardly no damage, couldn't even take him down with my slipshot. His boomer however just needed one hit anywhere in the area and I was flying. Last night however same guy couldn't kill the noob bunny hopping with a rocket launcher, and it only took one shot from the boomer to send him flying.

Meee
05-05-2015, 07:03 AM
I cycle between 3 controllers because the battery life is garbage.

I can't keep controllers long enough for the batteries to not take a charge like that . Speaking of which I need to replace 2 of mine . They have the walk . Well they have had that for a bout a year but now it's hard to refill ammo lol . Thanks for the reminder lol.

Meee
05-05-2015, 07:06 AM
There have been a large number of new faces playing PVP. Some really really good. There is at least one guy sitting off map at A's spawn point every game now. I figured it was the rigs making everyone better. I did see a guy Monday completely own PVP. I mean he was taken all five hits from my boomer with hardly no damage, couldn't even take him down with my slipshot. His boomer however just needed one hit anywhere in the area and I was flying. Last night however same guy couldn't kill the noob bunny hopping with a rocket launcher, and it only took one shot from the boomer to send him flying.

Yeah Idk yesterday was the 1st time in a month or more in PvP but usually a heartseeker to the face works if they are off the map.

DEATHBRINGER210
05-05-2015, 07:21 AM
cyber rigs are adding to the problems . sure why not let the cheaters have cyber rigs too , great idea. not

DEATHBRINGER210
05-05-2015, 07:56 AM
they need a in match report a player system with a full replay kill cam

edispilfnairb
05-05-2015, 09:30 AM
Cyber rigs are not a problem, Cheating is a problem. Are you becoming Nefarious now SA??

Taking Cyber rigs out of the game is not going to stop the cheating. I video taped a cheater 3 days ago, and guess what they did not even own a cyber rig. They didnt even claim their free green rig. They are in a close friends clan, and supposedly they learned the exploit from him.

That information has left me in a bind because I have been friends with this person since the first month of playing.
Now I have to see if I receive the same information from a more reliable source.

Fallen_Aingeal
05-05-2015, 09:32 AM
I can't keep controllers long enough for the batteries to not take a charge like that . Speaking of which I need to replace 2 of mine . They have the walk . Well they have had that for a bout a year but now it's hard to refill ammo lol . Thanks for the reminder lol.

Just replaced mine because of the walk. Unfortunately, the controller I was using at work was even worse, so replaced it with the "walking" one. PVP is interesting with it. Hell, almost everything in game is interesting with it!

On focus. I did come across invisible enemy yesterday in shadow war. Red dot on minimap. nowhere to be seen on screen. Frag nade gave me the kill, never saw him though. He was shooting me with an ar or smg, really weak.

DEATHBRINGER210
05-05-2015, 09:36 AM
taking rigs out of pvp . not the game . lm investing recording gear now . because what i see you dont . and what i see is alot bull shatako . so reports will be sent in withs vids

DEATHBRINGER210
05-05-2015, 09:51 AM
what is needed are devs playing pvp on ps3 and xbox . and not pc . let them get 1st hand but kickings so they can see what we have been talking about

Burned In Effigy
05-05-2015, 01:51 PM
So far every time I've been plating PvP ( non stop since Saturday) a player has been outside of map and sniping from top of mountain. I've gotten some of the SOBs but its annoying for sure.

DEATHBRINGER210
05-05-2015, 02:00 PM
yep i caught 2 .

Burned In Effigy
05-05-2015, 02:05 PM
yep i caught 2 .

I turtle doved their coolos.

NullWolf
05-05-2015, 05:11 PM
I honestly want to know whats up with the top scorer on PVP now.

played a few rounds last night
1st match I came in at the very end and scored 2 kills and got the top score
most of the rest of the matches I was a middle to high score but still was rewarded top score
2 times I actually did come out with the highest score and it awarded someone else.

Ryu Soba JP
05-05-2015, 07:02 PM
You know who defends cheats? Cheaters.
Saying pics or it didn't happen for me is almost the same as admitting without actually saying it.

konstantinov
05-05-2015, 07:08 PM
Saying pics or it didn't happen for me is almost the same as admitting without actually saying it.

Hilarious, so now you're accusing me of cheating. You and your internet gf do nothing but complain.

Ray8888
05-05-2015, 08:01 PM
I honestly want to know whats up with the top scorer on PVP now.

played a few rounds last night
1st match I came in at the very end and scored 2 kills and got the top score
most of the rest of the matches I was a middle to high score but still was rewarded top score
2 times I actually did come out with the highest score and it awarded someone else.

More buggy bugs. Sometimes it shows that Im #1 for everything... arkfalls, Pvp, coops. If it does it once it will keep doing it until I log out. Or more accurately until Im DCed.

Ryu Soba JP
05-05-2015, 08:17 PM
Hilarious, so now you're accusing me of cheating. You and your internet gf do nothing but complain.

I am not accusing you of anything. I never said your ID. Damn right I'm complaining about obvious exploits and cheats in a game. I don't pvp against you enough to say you are a cheater.
You don't know me or my girlfriend or about our relationship. Do not bring my personal relationship on to these forums.
You made a statement that suggested you knew that snipers can shoot through walls and permanently bio the opponent. You admitted that it may have been you who shot that sniper. Are you admitting to exploiting a bug?
You also jump quickly to comment whenever someone mentions about cheating and exploiting.
All cheaters stick together. Funny, it's the same circle of people in pvp doing the same BS.
Oh, but you're a pvp master who has superior loadouts, gear an skill right?
Oh please Obi Wan, teach me the way of the pvp Jedi.
What shield should I be using to not take so much damage?
What infector or sniper should I be using that's better than what I have and allows me to shoot players through walls like in Perfect Dark? How do I perma bio another player?
How do I put a fire nano on my BMG? You know, "not talking about it in zone"?

I only suggested that in many cases people who are quick to defend cheating, exploiting and hacking are in cahoots with the ones doing it. You're the one who assumed it was directed towards you.

Ray8888
05-05-2015, 08:26 PM
The thing is... people are quick to accuse people with good gear of cheating. At this point I dont think anything I have is really good unless someone calls me a hazxors. And Kon has ALL the good gear. If anyone has less of a reason to cheat I cant think of one.

Ryu Soba JP
05-05-2015, 08:31 PM
Again, never accused kon of anything.
Having the best gear doesn't mean you are a better player.
An you're defending kon from xbox? Cool story.

Ray8888
05-05-2015, 08:35 PM
I agree. On all points. And better gear dont make you a cheater.

konstantinov
05-05-2015, 09:36 PM
I am not accusing you of anything. I never said your ID. Damn right I'm complaining about obvious exploits and cheats in a game. I don't pvp against you enough to say you are a cheater.
You don't know me or my girlfriend or about our relationship. Do not bring my personal relationship on to these forums.
You made a statement that suggested you knew that snipers can shoot through walls and permanently bio the opponent. You admitted that it may have been you who shot that sniper. Are you admitting to exploiting a bug?
You also jump quickly to comment whenever someone mentions about cheating and exploiting.
All cheaters stick together. Funny, it's the same circle of people in pvp doing the same BS.
What infector or sniper should I be using that's better than what I have and allows me to shoot players through walls like in Perfect Dark? How do I perma bio another player?

I only suggested that in many cases people who are quick to defend cheating, exploiting and hacking are in cahoots with the ones doing it. You're the one who assumed it was directed towards you.

Let me see if I have this correctly.

My initial response.

Pics or it didn't happen.

Your direct response and 1st accusation.

Care to explain how you weren't directing it at me?

I said something about the sniper because I killed you then didn't see you again. So if that makes me a cheater report away.

You also jump quickly to comment whenever someone mentions about cheating and exploiting. All cheaters stick together. Funny, it's the same circle of people in pvp doing the same BS.

It's amusing how quickly you jump to the conclusion that people are cheating. Have I seen some questionable things in pvp? Of course but I don't come to the forums and demand immediate action. 2nd accusation

Yes, yes, yes and no; you're not worthy.

If you have to ask you're doing it wrong.

Google magic bullet champ.

I don't know whether to laugh or feel sorry for you.

One last thing Markeen, weren't you banned from the forums after going on a few endless tirades? How is it you're posting under a new name?

Users who have previously had their forum access revoked, and create second, third, fourth, fifth...and so on, troll accounts, may now see penalties on their game accounts. (Yes, people really do this.) Those penalties range from suspensions to revocation of game access.

DEATHBRINGER210
05-05-2015, 10:48 PM
ohh myy what i miss

Cobra Crusher
05-05-2015, 11:46 PM
Xbox pvp is full of cheaters. I've seen so many people who dont show up on radar, stay invisible, have unlimited blur, wont die after getting hit with 12 triple damage big boomer shots and can one shot kill me from across the map even though im jumping around like crazy.

Ryu Soba JP
05-06-2015, 12:00 AM
Let me clarify. I've never stated anyone's name or ID on forums as a cheater. I did state that in most cases people who appear to be defending such things are usually involved. Again, never stating anyone's name or ID.

You can laugh if you like. I'm laughing right now. This is very amusing but it's going off topic and I do not wish to "argue" on forums.
Just know that I don't approve of cheating in any game and I see a lot of it in Defiance.
I've stated in the past there is a difference in being a better player (I know a few) and cheating to be the better player.
If anyone takes offense or assumes this is directed towards them personally then that's out of my hands.

As far as my status on forum. That's between me and the community managers. ^^

Now since this thread seems to have strayed from topic and isn't really going anywhere this will be my last post about it. My opinions have been expressed and I hope in the near future they will be addressed.

final rest
05-06-2015, 11:29 AM
The frustration is building. I feel that if the devs don't get a handle on this now a lot of people will stop playing. The "detection" system you have for pvp is not working. Aim-bots, invisibility (bug/exploit), God Mode, shooting through walls and breaking the intended playable map and now lag switching. All in pvp. The list keeps going and more people are doing it now. I've posted about it before and so have many others. It's not our loadouts or choice of weapons and it's not our lack of skill. It's simply people abusing a game the rest of us want to enjoy.

Currently players can not complete any competitive multiplayer pursuits because there are to many people abusing and exploiting. Honestly feel this game needs in-game moderators not just for pvp but for overall gameplay.

We the community keep bringing this issue up and some of us feel like it just not a priority. In fact, lately aside from Alcatraz it seems the only priority is to increase bit store sales and new content. But let's be honest, who would spend 100 bits for consumable refill when you can use in game scrip to refill all of them for free? Why do we need purchase options on every screen in game? Why focus on new content when current one old content is bugged/broken?

I know there is a lot going on with fixing Alcatraz but pvp really needs some attention. Perhaps more than bit store upgrades.

trion wouldnt spend one minute if they arent going to make money from it. their dev team is busy working on more ways to sell bits instead of helping the longevity of their game. they are going to add an option for like 50% more strength in pvp as long as u give them a couple dollars. all the players would quit except the hardcore spenders but they would eventually quit too but at least trion execs get to go on a spending spree one time. then back to the day jobs.

ned26705
05-06-2015, 02:32 PM
Specifically speaking in terms of Xbox;

What needs to happen is to remove ALL level advantages. Everyone should have the same health and produce the same damage regardless of weapon! Having said that, certain weapons need to be disabled in PvP such as the crime fighter, detonators, rocket launchers, and infectors. But with all level advantages evened out then it wouldn't matter. The cheaters could still cheat but there would be no point.

Lag issues should be balanced out with hi-end advantages disabled because it would still give those on slower connections a fighting chance.

I don't believe for one minute that there already are level balances. If a 1500 ego goes up against a 5500 ego in the current configuration, he/she will be slaughtered with a one-shot.

Developers, balance the damage and health and remove level advantages! Disable all weapons except shotguns, swords, assault rifles, and smg's.

Maybe then PvP will become fun again. It will force the player to use skill rather than brute force!

Mrdr
05-06-2015, 03:47 PM
FWIW *I* almost killed Kon. I didn't...he ended up killing me but I got him with 2 shots of my boomer (95xx dmg each shot) and dropped his plates (or almost completely dropped them. He deftly manoeuvred and countered with something that killed me (much lower ego and much lesser load out). It wasn't a cheat but a good match in the freight yard. Well played Kon. :cool:

WhiteStrike
05-06-2015, 03:58 PM
FWIW *I* almost killed Kon. I didn't...he ended up killing me but I got him with 2 shots of my boomer (95xx dmg each shot) and dropped his plates (or almost completely dropped them. He deftly manoeuvred and countered with something that killed me (much lower ego and much lesser load out). It wasn't a cheat but a good match in the freight yard. Well played Kon. :cool:

I wish there was cross-region PvP so that I too could have cool battles.

Fallen_Aingeal
05-06-2015, 04:11 PM
Specifically speaking in terms of Xbox;

What needs to happen is to remove ALL level advantages. Everyone should have the same health and produce the same damage regardless of weapon! Having said that, certain weapons need to be disabled in PvP such as the crime fighter, detonators, rocket launchers, and infectors. But with all level advantages evened out then it wouldn't matter. The cheaters could still cheat but there would be no point.

Lag issues should be balanced out with hi-end advantages disabled because it would still give those on slower connections a fighting chance.

I don't believe for one minute that there already are level balances. If a 1500 ego goes up against a 5500 ego in the current configuration, he/she will be slaughtered with a one-shot.

Developers, balance the damage and health and remove level advantages! Disable all weapons except shotguns, swords, assault rifles, and smg's.

Maybe then PvP will become fun again. It will force the player to use skill rather than brute force!

Disagree.

As earlier stated, this is a gear grind game, with the better gear for the higher level you are. There is no need to restrict what I grinded for.

You want balance? It's actually easier than most are making it.

Give an option to make the instanced level tiered. EGO 1-1k=Tier 1, 1001-2k=Tier 2, etc. With the other option being to just enter a random general instance. Depending on your level, dictates which Tier you enter, for those that don't want to enter with the big boys. As they EGO up, they get better, their gear gets better.

For those that "understand and know" that they are going to be fodder because they haven't yet amassed the gear, and don't mind playing and learning, then they can join the general instance.

It's rather simple...

Lady Alastor
05-06-2015, 04:28 PM
I have also run into cheaters. Every day it seems. The most notable one I saw was a player with an instant recharge shield. I know the wait time was +/-0.1 because when he was infected, the shield kept recharging and he couldn't die. I've also been sniped in 1 shot by mazu rifles despite it being an automatic weapon. I've also been killed by dual personality weapons like a shotgun from 200m away in 1 shot. Its obvious pvp is full of mods, but I don't see why.

To the person that asked about mods on console, its actually much easier than pc. You can program a tool into the controller or have an artificial program play the game without a controller. Hacking is even easier since this is a pretty open mmo. I can recall similar hacks on Dead Island, including trading weapons to a non-cheating account

Mrdr
05-06-2015, 04:53 PM
I wish there was cross-region PvP so that I too could have cool battles.

To be fair, he sniped me off my quad so I found out where he was. I spawned again and this time drove around behind him and cheap-shotted him from behind twice with my boomer, detonated, then switched to my blighter where I was able to hit him like once before he smoked me with something more powerful than my shield. Hell I was just excited that I got the drop on him... Didn't have to kill him to enjoy the fight. :)

konstantinov
05-06-2015, 04:56 PM
For the record, I don't smoke.

Fallen_Aingeal
05-06-2015, 05:48 PM

My wife used to, until I used a better lubricant.

Mrdr
05-06-2015, 06:34 PM
LMAO x2

Well played both of you.

stoodakiss
05-06-2015, 07:23 PM

for the record i don't smoke any more or any less..

Ryu Soba JP
05-06-2015, 07:29 PM
I wasn't going to comment because I thought this thread was going nowhere fast. However, I wanted to stress that I do not discredit legit pvp tactics.

konstantinov
05-06-2015, 07:36 PM
I play at least 75% legit. I've been unable to find a jetpack mod.

DEATHBRINGER210
05-07-2015, 02:19 AM
I wasn't going to comment because I thought this thread was going nowhere fast. However, I wanted to stress that I do not discredit legit pvp tactics.

say what ? i know this isnt true

Ashlocke
05-15-2015, 01:24 AM
That sounds about right Sachek!

I know PvP was a big part of the game for pursuits and ego, and anyone still chasing those pursuits are becoming more and more agitated, as the issue is left unresolved. As you no longer need PvP pursuits to reach max ego, they should just advance the pursuits for all or remove them completely

According to this thread:
http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?178391-Maximum-EGO-Calculations-as-of-Dec.-7-2014-for-Etaew-and-Whomever-Else-is-Interested&p=1647325#post1647325
You still need PvP to hit max EGO.

But I am in complete agreement with your PvP sentiment. I won't touch PvP in Defiance (or anywhere else for that matter) and I've always hated that in order to advance in "levels" in this game, you pretty much are forced to PvP. Perhaps in the future this may not be so, one can hope.

CaptainObvious
05-15-2015, 05:14 AM
Wait, pvp still exists after DLC 1?

Ray8888
05-15-2015, 05:16 AM
There's new post Alcatraz EGO calculations...
http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?210766-New-Maximum-EGO-Calculations-(Post-Alcatraz)-as-of-Apr.-14-2015

Tyler Sunder
05-15-2015, 06:46 AM
on ps3 there are a couple brasil clans that must share glitches and cheats among each other. Just about any time of the day you can find a couple of them in shadow wars running around perma invis (not cloak), locking capture points, and tracing through environmental barriers. It literally makes you feel ill to the stomach watching their screens shake. Like others have said we need a dev to deal with these fellas who decide to cheat, its not hard to pick them out, just watch for the floating nametags blasting people and sitting on points.

edispilfnairb
05-15-2015, 07:13 AM
I was just in a Freight yard match with a few clanmates, some people on the other team took the Cerebus out of the map and were using it as a spawn point to come in near our spawn, while some of their team stayed there with snipers and boomers hitting our spawn point from above. It didnt bother me as much cause cheaters will always find a way. But most of the newer players on our team kept quitting leaving only a couple of us to try and win the match.

Between this and the ungodly lag in Freight yard recently(which is making people just pop out of no where and seem to take no damage) is making PVP less desirable to most.

Last night before I went to bed I was in a match, and Jangravity and Markeen were on the other team. I know neither of these people cheat, but the lag was so bad I could not see either player when I was being shot by them. I would see a red dot near me, and I would take damage from boomers and grenades that were flying out of thin air at me. Every once in a while I would get lucky while firing my gun towards where the red dot should be and hit something.

While some people may think thats an acceptable thing to have to deal with, I don't agree. No one should have to fight a players skill, A players EGO power, A players Glitches, and Lag/Game bugs all at the same time 70% of any given day.

These issues do not always effect everyone equally. Trion really needs to address these issues before trying to add new PVP content. You cant build a stable house on a broken foundation.

The Lady
05-15-2015, 08:16 AM
I don't know its kind a fun to watch six to eight people try to blow up one guy while his shield instantly regenerates in between hits. Yesterday their was a guy sniping who hid his red dot so it didn't appear on the map. The guys who snipe outside the boundary don't bother me, a bullet to the head removes them. It has however gotten to be a every game thing. If you spawn in at A you know chances are there is a sniper up to your left shooting into the spawn point.

clay marrow
05-15-2015, 08:50 AM
I only pvp to finish pursuits but in the past week I too have seen plenty of exploits at the freight yard so i just avoid running to the same place or re-spawning at start... Now yesterday really bugged the crap outa me though, Im playing at observatory to finish that pursuit and its 2 on 2 for most of the match, this player keeps rockin me really letting me have it. Just before the end of the match in area it says "so and so" has reached ego "131"....????....????.... Really??? 131 and in beast mode... come on now??? The hacking is real and these Defiance streets are cold!!!!!

Kuro29
05-15-2015, 09:50 AM
Hmm, this issue is really worse than it looks like.. pfft
I was called a hacker once because nobody was able to see me.. (my friend told me after the fight)
Not really sure about ppl hacking consoles and cheating but one thing I really know is it's lag
pfft -_- damn lag.
only happened to me once though but to others, I can't see them a lot when it lags

Keziah
05-15-2015, 09:57 AM

A couple weeks ago, I made a thread about Shadow War. I had a lot of problems getting anything done because of problems - Not people. The game itself. I've come across multiple people cheating in Pvp. After I finally finished my pursuits I'm not sure if I want to go back for the fun of it. Because of the cheaters.
After putting a lot of hard work for my pursuits I started liking Pvp. But, I can't handle the cheaters. If this doesn't change I won't be putting my work into Pvp. Which sucks. Because I was enjoying it. Of course people have to come along & ruin it for everyone else.

Ashlocke
05-15-2015, 12:54 PM
There's new post Alcatraz EGO calculations...
http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?210766-New-Maximum-EGO-Calculations-(Post-Alcatraz)-as-of-Apr.-14-2015

That's awesome, thank you very much for the link. :D

Looks like PvP is still needed to hit max EGO though, but OOOHH SOOO CLOSE !!!

*Does the Ren and Stimpy happy happy joy joy dance*

Mrdr
05-15-2015, 12:59 PM
Did like 3 or 4 shadow wars back to back and found spawn campers (not cheating but it is irritating), perma-invisible players (lag? maybe but I wasn't lagging on others), and someone who took a boomer node glued to his face and two at his feet and too more within footsteps from him all detonated at once and he didn't go down. My boomer hits for almost 13k each right now. He then was able to one shot me with something (it either the weapon came and went too fast or it didn't appear).

The spawn campers were fun to kill--spawn at B then ride over and take them out. Loved it. The perma-invisibles were also fun to kill (or at least watch group members kill) as they weren't invincible just couldn't see them. Luckily you just have to plant some nodes nearby and detonate--BOOM dead and visibly so :cool: The one who took 5 nodes at 13k all at once and then killed me I have no idea what happened to because I never saw him again.

Did any of it ruin my fun? Hell no! It was lots of fun, lots of laughs with my group, and lots of learning for me. Cheaters will always cheat, but you can still have fun shooting them in the face (or blowing them up) even if they don't die. Respawn somewhere else and look for the next person to kill. Good times!

stoodakiss
05-15-2015, 01:09 PM
Did like 3 or 4 shadow wars back to back and found spawn campers (not cheating but it is irritating), perma-invisible players (lag? maybe but I wasn't lagging on others), and someone who took a boomer node glued to his face and two at his feet and too more within footsteps from him all detonated at once and he didn't go down. My boomer hits for almost 13k each right now. He then was able to one shot me with something (it either the weapon came and went too fast or it didn't appear).

The spawn campers were fun to kill--spawn at B then ride over and take them out. Loved it. The perma-invisibles were also fun to kill (or at least watch group members kill) as they weren't invincible just couldn't see them. Luckily you just have to plant some nodes nearby and detonate--BOOM dead and visibly so :cool: The one who took 5 nodes at 13k all at once and then killed me I have no idea what happened to because I never saw him again.

Did any of it ruin my fun? Hell no! It was lots of fun, lots of laughs with my group, and lots of learning for me. Cheaters will always cheat, but you can still have fun shooting them in the face (or blowing them up) even if they don't die. Respawn somewhere else and look for the next person to kill. Good times!

logic and good nature is refreshing compared to finger pointing and ignorance

edispilfnairb
05-15-2015, 01:53 PM
logic and good nature is refreshing compared to finger pointing and ignorance

Sure, all sunshine and rainbows. Next PVP map- Thumb wrestling!!!!

Draugul
05-15-2015, 03:15 PM
As it was in Unreal Tournament, way back. And many good games in between. Cheaters will do their best to ruin the game. I run in to some players who went a step higher in cheating, every time I still was able to kill them. In the end a full clip of 89 rounds out of my piper resulted in a half shield damage. :rolleyes: And the same weapon, who needed in the beginning of the game at least a few hits to kill me, just went to 1 shot kills. So I don't know what they are using on PC. It`s at least clearly a ferry flexible cheat. So, hard to say who is using it. Only the ones who clearly go TO far get noticed.

As for Off-map. I don`t mind. I also look for spots the enemy will not expect me to be. Its called tactical playing. And sometimes it needs tricky jumps to get there. To bad it`s useless against wall hackers. But at least you will discover quickly who they are. :p Cloaked and in a hard to get spot, and getting a head shot from a player just running round the corner. Not fishy at all!!! :rolleyes:

NullWolf
05-15-2015, 06:24 PM
While most cheaters and exploiters aren't that bad there was one particular one I encountered in some Shadow Wars the other week that was going 30 and 40 kills to 1 death using permanent invisibility and speed boost.

At times 10 of us together trying to take A would just be slaughtered in seconds by said player.

Single time he was killed it took 4 of us locking onto him with rockets in the brief periods he'd become visible to get more ammo, even then it took about 12 rockets to drop him and he was back on the map within seconds

Ashlocke
05-25-2015, 07:19 AM
I'm really not into PvP (Nothing against it, it's just not my thing) but I am curious about something. How is this even possible here?

I don't come from a huge MMO background, basically I've only really played in any great depth, City of Heroes, then Champions, then Rift and Defiance. I guess what I mean is, I don't ever recall seeing any kind of cheating in those games.

I'm not referring to exploits as those are found in any game, but the kind of cheating you guys are describing, such as the ability to defy the basic laws of physics (as such can exist in a game) as well as completely change the stats of weapons, shields, and powers, I've never seen in those games.

EvilAg3nt
05-25-2015, 10:01 AM
As it was in Unreal Tournament, way back. And many good games in between. Cheaters will do their best to ruin the game. I run in to some players who went a step higher in cheating, every time I still was able to kill them. In the end a full clip of 89 rounds out of my piper resulted in a half shield damage. :rolleyes: And the same weapon, who needed in the beginning of the game at least a few hits to kill me, just went to 1 shot kills. So I don't know what they are using on PC. It`s at least clearly a ferry flexible cheat. So, hard to say who is using it. Only the ones who clearly go TO far get noticed.

As for Off-map. I don`t mind. I also look for spots the enemy will not expect me to be. Its called tactical playing. And sometimes it needs tricky jumps to get there. To bad it`s useless against wall hackers. But at least you will discover quickly who they are. :p Cloaked and in a hard to get spot, and getting a head shot from a player just running round the corner. Not fishy at all!!! :rolleyes:

heyyyy bit off topic but Unreal Tournament?
on the dreamcast perchance?
thats where Evil Clan Started,all those years ago.....:)
still got great memories of being outside the ship on the hull,and the epic battles inside.

Cobra Crusher
05-25-2015, 11:20 AM
still got great memories of being outside the ship on the hull,and the epic battles inside.

People actually played online on the Dreamcast? lol

Draugul
05-25-2015, 04:09 PM

Nope. PC. :) With a group of Dutch friends. We were the "Real" clan. We were Real and played Unreal. :p Good old times. LAN parties 2 days and 1 night nonstop. I was realy mad then. ;)

Must say... On LAN parties Cheating was no problem. If they were spotted, they better had to get their PC and run. Have seen 1 who talked back. Get dragged from his computer. Moderators checked the PC, found the hacks, and he and his gear were out in the rain in no-time. After that, not one was spotted again on the Parties I went to. XD

Juggalo Juice
05-26-2015, 12:15 AM

LOL Right On The Money