PDA

View Full Version : Questions? Concerns? This is your thread!

CM Kiwibird
05-05-2015, 06:00 PM
http://i.imgur.com/GWY10z7.gif

Hey there all! We're collecting questions for this week's Defiance Developer Q&A!

If you have any questions you'd like to submit, please post them here. I will be drawing questions late in the day on Wednesday and locking the thread after questions have been drawn.

Darien
05-05-2015, 06:02 PM
Why does moving toward pay to win seem like a good plan to you?

mr8liner
05-05-2015, 06:04 PM
WOW. There are usually 30 posts in here by the time I can get to it. There is only one question for thius week Kiwibird

When is Alcatraz getting fixed??????????????

There are many post about problems in there and nobody from Trion is giving any indication to what fixes are coming. Round keep getting reset. You finish a round and never get to go to the next.

I have a ticket in right now and waiting to hear from them about getting back 6 hr's I lost on Mr8liner. I have another 4 That I have lost on BannaPeelMan.

Gaige12
05-05-2015, 06:32 PM
Do you have any plans on expanding the open world maps to include new areas?

Cryptic Effect
05-05-2015, 06:33 PM
1.Why do the Catalyst Injector, Rifle Catalyst Injector, Shot Catalyst and Catalytic Amplifier mods only go up to T2 and not up to T5 like the rest of the mods.

-Currently we have this for the four mods mentioned above...

x1.05 Nano Effect Trigger %
x1.10 Nano Effect Trigger %

-Why not change it to this?

x1.03 Nano Effect Trigger %
x1.06 Nano Effect Trigger %
x1.09 Nano Effect Trigger %
x1.12 Nano Effect Trigger %
x1.15 Nano Effect Trigger %

2.Could we get T5 mods for the following mod synergies and if not why?

•7th Legion Fury
•Assassin
•Brutal
•Cannoneer
•Defiant Few
•EGO Precision
•Grenadier
•Quartermaster
•Prepared
•Rolling Thunder
•Run-n-Gun
•Scavenger
•Stalker

pebcak
05-05-2015, 06:41 PM
Why does it seem like you alwys end up pissing off your player base by releasing content that is bugger that all get out, Not replying in a timely manner to pm's, having hackers run rampant, and seems like not listeng to the player-base?

Bentu
05-05-2015, 06:42 PM
Why am I still here, why are any of us still here for that matter?

Do you think you're doing enough to keep us here?

Psycroww
05-05-2015, 06:43 PM
Why does it seem like you alwys end up pissing off your player base by releasing content that is bugger that all get out, Not replying in a timely manner to pm's, having hackers run rampant, and seems like not listeng to the player-base?

Because grenades

Holy Bahamut3
05-05-2015, 06:44 PM
Any chance the devs will remove the auto matchmaking for expeditions? I am tired of my spot being filled when I crit out..

Any news on the locked instances for War-master?

Any info you can give is on the Summer Solstice event? Perhaps the enemy type?

Meee
05-05-2015, 07:25 PM
1 when will Alcatraz work
2 when will we get our req returned from bugged Alcatraz
3 when will Alcatraz and everything else go private
4 are the rewards in expeditions based on tier or round
5 why would vets buy the new bit lock boxes when they have things like xp boost and un upgradable non nano nor synergy guns
6 why is the raptor that we already paid for ( per Dlc) not getting fixed vs another one being made.
7 why aren't the nano mods in the vendor's seems silly to finally finally give us all of em yet take em away at the same time
8 when are the bugs getting fixed ( infector , hatch ) . The ones in the expeditions seen to work pretty well on us
9 will we ever get the sludge / bug rocket launchers like the plague blasters have ( they seem cool )
10 why are there daily contracts that require a expedition
11 any plans on giving us chip pullers other then bits
12 when oh when will the connection issues get fixed on ps3 ( I had to ask )
13 why don't we have all t3 mods in the vendor's to buy and then t4s on special
14 why doesn't the rig / chip vendor have specials
15 why doesn't the same vendor have t4 rigs or t5 rigs , chips
16 when will we be able to look at what mods we have on guns in the matrix ( still doenst show what synergies are on what mods )
17 since this game has taken a pay to win nose dive . Why not make everything available to us for the rite amount . ( custom oj gear ect ect )
18 what happened to being able to name our guns
19 why can't we upgrade our mods in the matrix like guns and shields ? Think of all the $$$$$ that would make
20 why can't we upgrade from green to oj especially with the new upgrade system . It's all random anyways and $$$$ for you guys
21 why the timer on Alcatraz ? I feel if I spend 3 hours getting to round 7 and I wanna start at round 7 tomorrow I should be able to
22 why are only some grenades encrypted and some not
23 when will I be able to pick up grenades properly
24 what types of gear will we get for the 4th event please add some shields that do cool stuff to . Non backpack stuff too
25 will the 4th event just be something recycled ( I think a special co op map with the new drops would be a great idea . Don't need to find one cause you can just post it up . Next to zero lag from 98 ppl in 1 spot that 97 are invisible . We still get good drops )

That enough for now lol

Duke_Shambles
05-05-2015, 07:34 PM
What do the developers think is the most important area of the game to work on right now?

Lithova
05-05-2015, 07:47 PM
Why can't players earn Hunter Reqs AND Chip pullers through other means like reward drops?

Ray8888
05-05-2015, 07:49 PM
Why cant rigs/chips have their own inventory? Inventory in general This is a loot grabbing game. You make your money off the collectors. How hard is it to have separate tabs sorted by Rarity or Syn... or sortable at all really? Just capping it at 400 is lazy.

I dont have a problem if youre fixing bugs or improving stability, that should be a priority but new bundles? When there is so much broke? Are you even aware of the perception/image/message youre putting out there?

EvilAg3nt
05-05-2015, 08:54 PM
Why am I still here, why are any of us still here for that matter?

Do you think you're doing enough to keep us here?

this is the Question id like Trion to answer the most as i stare at yet another disconnect screen...

ratpie
05-05-2015, 09:35 PM
can you ask them to fix incursions i see alot on the map but it says time left 0000 and stays???

DEATHBRINGER210
05-05-2015, 10:42 PM
when will match making be fixed ? when will the bug damage be fixed on infectors and nades ? and players in pvp are still muting themselves from the scoreboard . thought it was fixed ? still going on.

WhiteStrike
05-06-2015, 12:01 AM
Because grenades

We can't pick them up.

rodney
05-06-2015, 12:04 AM
why pay to play direction?

Cika_Bang
05-06-2015, 12:30 AM
Is there a possibility to to add an option for naming our rigs? :confused:
Thanks

Jeff Lonestar
05-06-2015, 01:01 AM
next time you guys play a major arkfall...
pay attention to warmaster as soon as he falls off the wall!

you'll notice the 3 missing moves from his attacks!

1. The beam (its invisible)
2. Floor pound crystals (he just stands there & screams instead of pounding the ground making crystals pop up)
3. Wall hang energy orbs (that follow the floor pound crystals attack)

these 3 attacks have either been glitched via the patch...

or

intentionally removed from warmaster for stability & to make him easier to kill.

Wtf trion... What did u guys do to my warmaster!!! :mad:

Why GODDAMNIT!?

heartbreak_courier
05-06-2015, 01:29 AM
LoCarb mentioned briefly in the livestream that they were looking for new ways to engage players with Season 3 crossover content. Is it too soon for you all to expand on that bit as far as what we should expect next month?

EDIT: Also, anymore headway on things like adding the Night Porter to the store, and things like roaming warmaster/golden skitterlings? :D

Claydough
05-06-2015, 04:18 AM
a lot of your latest changes are discouraging players from playing multiple character on the same account.

is this a direction you are heading on purpose? or is this an accidental byproduct of your latest decisions?

i have virtually stopped playing and leveling alternate characters since armistice/alcatraz and ultimately i am getting quite bored of this game as i was before i made my other characters. if anything is going to turn long term players off of the game this problem is quite high imo.

Xellia
05-06-2015, 05:51 AM
Can officer chat be changed to a different color? It's the same color as clan chat so it can get overlooked right now.

Will you please expand the character limit on the Clan Message of the Day? The box for the message is large but the character limit is about 96. I don't have room for all the info I want to share.

BlackTalons
05-06-2015, 07:13 AM
When (or how) will you get more manpower to more eficiently develop and support the game? The small maintenance crew you have is barelly keeping up with the demand, you should really have more people to both fix and expand gameplay issues.

Tell the higher ups at Trion to throw more guys your way, at least for a couple of months to catch up with bugs and balance.

Tex_Arcana
05-06-2015, 08:29 AM
I am to disheartened by the latest release/update to even want to talk to y'all.

nofreebe
05-06-2015, 08:36 AM
Why did you keep removing all the fun from Defiance?

WhiteStrike
05-06-2015, 08:37 AM
Will regular backpack synergies ever be useful?Right now,having a backpack on a gun is as good as having no synergy.

Trick Dempsey
05-06-2015, 08:46 AM
Are you working on a Looking For Group feature that could be applied globally to Co-op Maps, Competitive Multiplayer, Expeditions, and Public Instances? It is difficult to form a group without going to chat or planning external to the game.

Are there any clues as to what expeditions we might see in the future?

Syfy is releasing teasers for the new season. What teasers do you have for us?

WhiteStrike
05-06-2015, 08:49 AM
Are you working on a Looking For Group feature that could be applied globally to Co-op Maps, Competitive Multiplayer, Expeditions, and Public Instances? It is difficult to form a group without going to chat or planning external to the game.

Are there any clues as to what expeditions we might see in the future?

Syfy is releasing teasers for the new season. What teasers do you have for us?

This. /10 char

VesperLynd
05-06-2015, 09:20 AM
All of the above questions and concerns deserve answers.

To add to 13 from Meee's post, why are there non synergy mods? More specifically, why are they vendor specials? Any synergy can be used on backpack synergies. Too many times I have come upon a vendor only to find both specials non synergy mods. Too many times I have checked the AR/SMG/LMG vendor only to find the same mod on both specials, usually both non synergy as well. I know this isn't a game breaking issue, but it's little things like this that make me (and I'm sure many others) shake my head. Maybe keep T2 mods as they are in vendors. Make all vendor specials have synergies, including converters (that is if there is no plan to put them back in the vendor).

Why are preparedness, scavenger and ego precision in T4 mod boxes? They already come in their own rep boxes. Again, nothing game breaking but it just doesn't seem right. It never did. Sometimes it's the little things that make us happy. As it seems now, some people need cheering up.

Holy Bahamut3
05-06-2015, 09:47 AM
Can officer chat be changed to a different color? It's the same color as clan chat so it can get overlooked right now.

Will you please expand the character limit on the Clan Message of the Day? The box for the message is large but the character limit is about 96. I don't have room for all the info I want to share.

I second these^

Fallen_Aingeal
05-06-2015, 09:53 AM
C'mon guys. You're not asking questions that will actually be answered. Here, I'll go first;

What type of gifts did the team get for their moms for Mothers Day?

Fallen_Aingeal
05-06-2015, 10:13 AM
On a more serious note. To further what Jeff Lonestar mentioned;

*Taken from Defiance 3.0: Alcatraz PTS notes:

WARMASTER
* The Warmaster is now always Threat Level 10.
* Updated Warmaster loot to be more generous on a win and less generous on a loss. On a win, Warmaster loot will always be rare or better items. On a loss, items will be rare at best.
* Increased the chance of getting an Arkbreaker weapon when defeating the War Master.

* The Warmaster is once again glitching into the wall.
* Concerning bullet 1; This TL10 Warmaster isn't all that imposing. Sad fact. When one TL10 Archer in an expedition is more challenging than the only raid content in the game, something doesn't add up.

Upon checking the notes back to 2.7, no where in the PTS notes is there anything mentioned about nerfing the Warmaster, which he plainly has been. Any explanations?

Concerning cheating. PT created a thread, http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?208811-Cheating-and-Hacking-in-Defiance, and since this was made cheating has been running rampant in pvp.

Submitting tickets and vids about/of offenders seems to be a waste of time, as nothing gets done about it.

What is the teams plan concerning individuals that cheat in Defiance. Is there a plan to place in-game moderators into the game to oversee these events. If not, can it be explained why not without using the words resource/s, money, or priority?

Thank you

Duke_Shambles
05-06-2015, 10:22 AM
Why is communication with your player base so sporadic and vague when it comes to the major issues with the game since 3.0 came out? Clearly 3.0 was a failure so far, so what are you doing about it?

Psycroww
05-06-2015, 10:48 AM

I wonder where you got that idea from.................. Oh wait I asked that question a few months ago and was the one who suggested it. ^.^

Fallen_Aingeal
05-06-2015, 10:49 AM
Why is communication with your player base so sporadic and vague when it comes to the major issues with the game since 3.0 came out? Clearly 3.0 was a failure so far, so what are you doing about it?

Busy on the other games.

Ray8888
05-06-2015, 10:52 AM
Why cant rigs/chips have their own inventory? Inventory in general This is a loot grabbing game. You make your money off the collectors. How hard is it to have separate tabs sorted by Rarity or Syn... or sortable at all really? Just capping it at 400 is lazy.

I dont have a problem if youre fixing bugs or improving stability, that should be a priority but new bundles? When there is so much broke? Are you even aware of the perception/image/message youre putting out there?

So the first half of this has been answered. Patch notes say new max inventory is 500.

Xellia
05-06-2015, 11:04 AM
I wonder where you got that idea from.................. Oh wait I asked that question a few months ago and was the one who suggested it. ^.^

I wasn't aware that you had previously asked this question. Alot of questions get recycled if they're not implemented. I was just asking one of my previous questions again:

In the quick menu for clan members- Can the officers/leaders be bumped to the top of the list so everyone can get to clan events easier?

Can officer chat be changed to a different color? Right now it is the same color as clan chat and can get lost in the clutter.

Any chance at adding a clan bank?

No matter who asked first I hope it gets implemented. :)

Talonvor
05-06-2015, 11:05 AM
1) Why are events like Kent farms, Volge at the quarry and other similar events still bugged when a simple if statement would solve that issue? If starting point does not spawn, then spawn starting point at A, B, C etc.

2) Why after 2 season of the show have we not seen the game expand to include larger areas like Nevada? That would give us a ton of new content like Vegas prison, Vegas, Hoover dam and lake Mead, Reno, Area 51 and so many other locations that it boggles the mind as to why those areas havent been developed as a massive expansion or possibly one large expansion and several small expansions. You have to expand the game otherwise people get bored and leave the game.

3) I understand the reason the game went F2P, but what is the point of making people hate the game by going Pay to win?

4) There are many areas in California that are worth expanding the game into, yet other than a few small expansions, we have seen none of those areas added to the game. If the problem is a lack of story lines, then by god ask the players, we have a ton of great ideas for those expansions.

5) Why isn't there a mail system in the game? It would be nice to be able to trade an item to players without having to hunt them down to make the trade. Instead, if you add a mail system, the item could be sent to that person with the agreed upon fee set as the condition for them to actually get the item.

6) Why isnt there a banking system? Even if banks were only available to clans, that would still be better than what we have now!

7) Why in some episodes are other voice actors used instead of the original voice actors? This is something that should never happen!!

cuba 666
05-06-2015, 11:07 AM
About show a picture of what you getting with the new lockboxes and can you please make expedition just like chimeras ???
Great content but the enemies dissapearing is crazy....don't you think.???
And those boost for 2 hrs come on!!!!...???? Put that at list for 8, 12 or better 24 hrs that money to be make right there!!!???
I'm a vet playing this game I quick last year on August, back almost a week ago see changes for the worst...come on!!!??
I really want to stay, I spen thousands of my dollars before I quick on this game that keep attracting me...do something pls...
I got to say more but everyone already say it in here....and I'm reform..lol....

Tex_Arcana
05-06-2015, 05:19 PM
Still so disheartened by the latest release that I don't even want to talk to y'all.
*Edit: Changed my mind. Why does Trick's tshirt logo look like a Firefly/Serenity logo ripoff?

CM Kiwibird
05-06-2015, 06:54 PM
Hey there folks, thanks for the immediate response! I'm pulling questions now so I'll be closing this thread to prevent confusion. We have a fix for matchmaking going out tonight, looking forward to hearing back from everyone on this topic and others!