PDA

View Full Version : LM-12 Rocker OP?

Laraso
05-07-2015, 03:12 PM
http://i.imgur.com/3BtzFvE.png

Hey guys, I just started playing this game about a week ago.

I've been using this legendary rocker since ego level 475 (I've upgraded its rating a few times with arkforge), and it has consistently been better than every single other automatic weapon of any class (AR, LMG, SMG) I've ever found since then. Its stats are often 200 or more ego ratings ahead of all other automatic weapons.

Honestly it's getting kind of boring using this gun, but when I try to switch to something else like a SAW, it feels like I'm shooting BBs in comparison to the outrageous DPS this rocker has. I feel like the rocker's stats are a bit too high.

Will I ever find a gun better than this? Because at this rate it doesn't seem like I ever will.

Ray8888
05-07-2015, 03:20 PM
Apples and oranges. You're comparing a modded and mastered OJ with crit and dmg rolls with a green with a recoil roll.

EDIT you will find a lot better guns than that.

SirServed
05-07-2015, 03:20 PM
Hey guys, I just started playing this game about 4 days ago.

I've been using this legendary rocker since ego level 475 (I've upgraded its rating a few times with arkforge), and it has consistently been better than every single other automatic weapon of any class (AR, LMG, SMG) I've ever found since then. Its stats are often 200 or more ego ratings ahead of all other automatic weapons.

Honestly it's getting kind of boring using this gun, but when I try to switch to something else like a SAW, it feels like I'm shooting BBs in comparison to the outrageous DPS this rocker has. I feel like the rocker's stats are a bit too high.

Will I ever find a gun better than this? Because at this rate it doesn't seem like I ever will.
You're probably reporting your results from Solo play, so it's a little skewed. There are higher DPS weapons available but they tend to require DLC (not to mention having abysmal drop rates) and your Rocker has no nano (elemental) effect. It has the highest card damage output but at the same time, it doesn't do anything special. There are nano effects that cost you 10% damage up front but in return grant other benefits to your play style. For example, for every Armor Plate an enemy owns, you lose 10% damage done to that target with your Rocker unless you land a critical hit. You can pull up a guide for Nano Effects here (http://www.defiancedata.com/page.php?id=15).

Welcome to Defiance.

Dixie Cougar
05-07-2015, 03:21 PM
Green apples to modded oranges...

That and the Rocker got buffed, it was garbage before.

Nice find early on but I'd be careful about investing AF in it.

Laraso
05-07-2015, 03:23 PM
Apples and oranges. You're comparing a modded and mastered OJ with crit and dmg rolls with a green with a recoil roll.

EDIT you will find a lot better guns than that.

I've found multiple weapons that are purple rarity, some of them I modded them completely and mastered them and the rocker was still miles ahead of them in terms of stats.

Atticus Batman
05-07-2015, 03:24 PM
http://i.imgur.com/3BtzFvE.png

Seriously? Those pictures are a crap comparison. A gun gets better stats at better rarities. Guns have different bonuses on the cards. encrypted weapons get a (if I remember right) 5% on its stats. So let's see what is wrong with the comparason.

1: Your saw is only uncommon so lower stats and not as many bonus roles as your Legendary rocker.

2: The rocker is Legendary so it is encrypted and gets that encrypted bonus I mentioned.

3: Your saw only has 2 bonus rolls: white reload and green recoil. Your saw has 5: white firerate, green damage, blue crit, purple ego recharge on full reload, andorange damage. Your rocker also has a mastery roll. Most of those rolls are automatically applied to the weapon card's stats.

4: Your rocker is fully modded. The mod's bonuses are also automatically applied directly to the weapon card stats.

5: Saw has a nano, Rocker does not. No nano guns have the highest base damage.

Yes there are better guns, and if that saw were legendary and had the same exact rolls as the rocker it would be better in some ways. However I am not a math person so I am not going to figure that part out for you.

Ray8888
05-07-2015, 08:16 PM
I've found multiple weapons that are purple rarity, some of them I modded them completely and mastered them and the rocker was still miles ahead of them in terms of stats.

And I got some purps better than a lot of my OJs. Rolls, nanos, base weapon stats, synergies, T4s vs T5s... alot of factors. I suggest you check out Defiancedata and the stickies at the top of this forum.

FastFordsForever
05-07-2015, 08:53 PM
Take a deep breath.....now kill stuff with that rocker and don't look back.

Nefarious
05-07-2015, 09:11 PM
The Rocker feels just about right. When Trion buffed it they didn't go crazy with it. They tweaked it right imo.

Claydough
05-07-2015, 09:15 PM
I had similar thoughts about saws when i was new and didnt know any better.

Read abit more about the mechanics and everything will soon make more sence.

Midnight
05-08-2015, 12:46 AM
sence.

I don't even...

I remember when Saws were OP...good times

Jerrmy12
05-08-2015, 01:22 AM
Meh, it's a burst weapon.

Virpy
05-08-2015, 03:23 AM
I have the complete opposite opinion then the OP.
During the Armistice event a really good oj plate slicer rocker dropped for me. Judging from the stats I was really pleased and went to use it in the next major to master it.

Ohh boy, what a letdown! Because of its burst firing method its dps is piss-poor at best even with the high card damage. All and every other half way decent automatic weapon (SMG/AR/LMG) in my inventory (even the blue ones) has better dps than that oj rocker. It took ages to even kill the weakest EMC Zombie TL10 and another drawback is you are forced to operate the rocker in aiming mode because its absolutely useless when hip-firing.

Then I remembered hearing something about an rocker buff. After a little search I realized that the buff was already live.
End of the story: After finishing the major, the rocker went straight to the vendor without even mastering it because its unhandy and has poor dps. Maybe when roaming solo through TL1-3 contend it can be put to any use but not in TL9-10 circumstances.

For me all automatic weapons that have a burst firing mode, and therefore a forced pause, are automatically vendor fodder.

Virpy

Ray8888
05-08-2015, 01:27 PM
All things being equal I would choose the SAW over the Rocker and I would choose a Mazu over either. But the weapons are pretty balanced in PvE. Can't think of an OP one. Now PvP otoh...

Dixie Cougar
05-08-2015, 01:29 PM
All things being equal I would choose the SAW over the Rocker and I would choose a Mazu over either. But the weapons are pretty balanced in PvE. Can't think of an OP one. Now PvP otoh...

While there may not be a single game breakingly OP weapon, there are definitely many that are terrible and get vendored by name below OJ rarity without even having to look at the item card.

Tex_Arcana
05-08-2015, 02:29 PM
I have a Radiation/canoneer SAW that makes any rocker look like a nerfed paintball gun. ;)

Ray8888
05-08-2015, 03:12 PM
While there may not be a single game breakingly OP weapon, there are definitely many that are terrible and get vendored by name below OJ rarity without even having to look at the item card.

Definitely! Like every sawed off that's not a courier.

PithHelmetIrath
05-08-2015, 06:30 PM
I have a Radiation/canoneer SAW that makes any rocker look like a nerfed paintball gun. ;)

Yeah my Radiation/Purge SAW knows the feeling..