PDA

View Full Version : Official Feedback Thread: SYNERGIES

TrionBrasse
05-07-2015, 06:31 PM
Hello all!

The Defiance Devs would love to hear your feedback on Synergies. We'll collect this feedback for several days, and then compile it into one glorious document for them to peruse.

Weapon Synergies and Mod Synergies:
How do you feel about them as they are at this time?
What changes or additions would you like to see?

GO!

;-)#
Brasse

(p.s. Hello all! I am the new Director of Community here at Trion, a lifelong gamer and geek - I'll be helping out directly on forums when all other hands are occupied. Otherwise, don't mind me, I'll be over there organizing stuff and tanking for the team.)

rosco raptor
05-07-2015, 06:34 PM
I wouold like to see t5 mods for ever synergy

SirServed
05-07-2015, 06:55 PM
Weapon (or Backpack) synergies that aren't Veteran are mostly undesirable. Mod Synergies in the 3rd and 4th Tier bonuses aren't desirable (compared to the DPS gain of using T5 mods) in most cases with the exception of Holiday synergies. I agree with Rosco Raptor and would like to see T5 mods for more synergies.

Atticus Batman
05-07-2015, 08:32 PM
I thought scapes was the Director of Community relations? Guess I was wrong.

Anyway, I don't use most of the backpack synergies because they just don't seem useful enough for me to find 2 guns, I like, with that synergy. It's possible that I just never took the time to understand how they are so useful.

Dixie Cougar
05-07-2015, 09:19 PM
7L Fury - Useful on some weapons, doesn't go well with the "larger mag" bonus on others. I am not fond of offensive shield break effects but others may differ.
7L Unity - #2 sounds nice but winds up a bit "meh" because it barely makes a difference on Sai shields, and Youkais simply aren't worth using. Finding a second good Unity weapon is tough.
Assassin - Good but probably overrated by players, often only a "first two" syn.
Brutal - Melee synergy in a shooter. I remember when this shtako was available on sniper rifles, thank goodness that was taken out. Even on shotguns now though it's no good.
Cannoneer - Very popular especially on automatic bullet weapons, but usually also a "first two".
Chimera - Mostly held back by the low quality of the Chimera vendor weapons.
Defiant Few - I advise players not to bother with it.
EGO Precision - #1/2 seem to only affect hip accuracy, so I usually just go with full t5 mods.
Firewall - Take the first effect and run with it. Like most backpack syns, any more than that is not worth the compromise in loadout. Benefits from the fact that some of the best shields can have it.
Going Postal - No comment, haven't used it.
Grenadier - Definitely a first two only syn. Very useful on certain weapons, worthless on others.
Hard-Boiled - Useless before 3.0, now half decent. Probably the best 2 part backpack atm.
Heartbreaker - Has not been particularly well recieved in the metagame.
Machinist - Notoriously useless.
Nano-Executioner - We're not even sure how "nano on kill" works.
Nano-Mastery - Meh.
Outlaw - Useless on nearly everything.
Overnight Express - No comment.
Pandemonium - Seems nice, not in game yet.
Paradise Territory - Like Chimera, mostly held back by the weapons themselves.
Plate Slicer - A "first two" syn except in PvP.
Prepared - Definitely a "first two" syn, 3 and 4 are useless.
Quartermaster - VERY popular for its first two effects, but the second two are considered useless. Useful on almost any weapon.
Rolling Thunder - Seems like there are a lot of mixed reviews on this one. It's worth taking all 4 in some cases. Useless on explosive weapons.
Run-n-Gun - Probably the least popular mod synergy after Brutal.
Saturnalia - Typically gets modded for the first three, the fourth is considered optional.
Sawbones - Don't think this is available anymore.
Scavenger - Useless.
Special Delivery - No comment.
Stalker - One of my favorites but I can't get a good weapon to drop with it, so real world experience is limited. All 4 bonuses do seem worth taking.
Survivalist - Notoriously useless.
Purge - Very well liked and widely used for the 4th effect. It was probably the right call not to make converters available in this syn, so that lack of versatility balances its power.
Way of Change - Useless for most, might be viable for melee PvP.
Veteran - The tallest midget, ie the best generic backpack synergy. Still not very good and typically not worth altering loadout for.
Wetwork - See Firewall.
Wrecker - Not in game anymore, also useless.

Conclusions: Backpack syns tend to be grossly underpowered and make guns that drop with them highly undesirable. If I had 5 bits for every time I hear a chorus of groans in Teamspeak when a promising drops's stats are read and the name of a backpack syn is heard, I would be able to buy the Apex bundle on all my characters.

Another problem is that T4 synergized mods are a pain to get due to the bad RNG of mod hoards. This got significantly better with the arrival of Expeditions but those haven't been around long enough to "fix" the supply/demand asymmetry. A desirable t4 mod such as a Cannoneer stock/sight can trade for the equivalent of three or four t5 mods.

Vendors selling higher tier synergized mods on a reliable basis could be a good scrip sink.

Untamed1
05-07-2015, 09:23 PM
Having minor passive effects on synergies is just a duplication of what weapon mods already do. So if you find a more powerful weapon mod there is generally no reason to complete a synergy.

I would prefer the 4 mod bonus to be something a bit more active, unique, and in line with the name of the synergies.

4 mod Examples:
Assassin - Targets killed with crits explode dealing aoe damage.
Brutal - Melee attacks cleave nearby targets.
Cannoneer - Trigger a blast that knocks back nearby targets on full reload.
Ego Precision - All shots bypass shields when using an Ego power.
Grenadier - Toss an extra free grenade when using a grenade.
Prepared - Using a spike or stim gives extra health and ammo.
Quartermaster - Chance to cost no ammo when shooting.
Rolling Thunder - Stagger enemies when firing from the hip.
Run-and-Gun - Bonus movement speed while aiming.
Scavenger - Your next shot triggers a random nano effect when you loot an item.
Stalker - All targets are considered out of combat when using an Ego power.

Duke_Shambles
05-08-2015, 04:00 AM
7L Fury - Useful on some weapons, doesn't go well with the "larger mag" bonus on others. I am not fond of offensive shield break effects but others may differ.
7L Unity - #2 is a bit "meh" because it barely makes a difference on Sai shields, and Youkais simply aren't worth using.
Assassin - Good but probably overrated by players, often only a "first two" syn.
Cannoneer - Very popular especially on automatic bullet weapons, but usually also a "first two".
EGO Precision - #1/2 seem to only affect hip accuracy, so I usually just go with full t5 mods.
Firewall - Take the first effect and run with it. Like most backpack syns, any more than that is not worth the compromise in loadout. Benefits from the fact that some of the best shields can have it.
Grenadier - Definitely a first two only syn. Very useful on certain weapons, worthless on others.
Hard-Boiled - Useless before 3.0, now half decent. Probably the best 2 part backpack atm.
Nano-Mastery - Meh.
Quartermaster - VERY popular for its first two effects, but the second two are considered useless. Useful on almost any weapon.
Rolling Thunder - Seems like there are a lot of mixed reviews on this one. It's worth taking all 4 in some cases. Useless on explosive weapons.
Run-n-Gun - Probably the least popular mod synergy.
Saturnalia - Typically gets modded for the first three, the fourth is considered optional.
Scavenger - Useless.
Stalker - One of my favorites but I can't get a good weapon to drop with it, so real world experience is limited. All 4 bonuses do seem worth taking.
Purge - Very well liked and widely used for the 4th effect. It was probably the right call not to make converters available in this syn, so that lack of versatility balances its power.
Veteran - The tallest midget, ie the best generic backpack synergy. Still not very good and typically not worth altering loadout for.
Wetwork - See Firewall.

Conclusions: Backpack syns tend to be grossly underpowered and make guns that drop with them highly undesirable. If I had 5 bits for every time I hear a chorus of groans in Teamspeak when a promising drops's stats are read and the name of a backpack syn is heard, I would be able to buy the Apex bundle on all my characters.

Another problem is that T4 synergized mods are a pain to get due to the bad RNG of mod hoards. This got significantly better with the arrival of Expeditions but those haven't been around long enough to "fix" the supply/demand asymmetry. A desirable t4 mod such as a Cannoneer stock/sight can trade for the equivalent of three or four t5 mods.

Vendors selling higher tier synergized mods on a reliable basis could be a good scrip sink.

I'd agree with most of this. I don't mind backpacks on weapons but that's mainly because I'll T5 the ones with good rolls. I feel like T4 mods are very hard to find to complete weapons and that this is as it should be. However, I would like to see T3 mods for all synergies in a vendor, as it shouldn't cost more scrip to mod an AR with fully unlocked synergy than it did to buy the thing in the first place. The performance difference between a T3 modded and T4 modded weapon is small, so make the T3 mods easily acquirable via a vendor, like the chip vendor at alcatraz, but reserve the T4 mods as a RNG drop only from lockboxes and expeditions.

Graywolfe
05-08-2015, 06:36 AM
7L Unity - #2 is a bit "meh" because it barely makes a difference on Sai shields, and Youkais simply aren't worth using.
Nano-Mastery - Meh.
Run-n-Gun - Probably the least popular mod synergy.
Scavenger - Useless.
Wetwork - See Firewall.

I Have to agree with most of what Dixie said. The exception being that I am one of the few that do like heartbreak. Also there is brutal which i consider useless and should be removed. Some syns like stalker should be limited to weapon types. While stalker is great for SMG and ARs it is pretty useless for snipers. Just my opinion.

edispilfnairb
05-08-2015, 06:48 AM
I think most perks that are worded "when Shield Breaks" should be when "Shield Goes down". When you take hits your shield goes down, most people are not going to sit there and continue to take hits until their shield is completely gone.
Especially in TL10 instances or Expeditions.
The majority of these "When Shield Breaks" Perks and Synergies have extensive cool down times (30 Seconds) so making them actually trigger without having to be near death would be nice.

And I agree most with Dixie that most 3th and 4th slots on the majority of synergies are not useful.

Etaew
05-08-2015, 07:00 AM
Well it's been a while since I made a tool, so here is a Synergy Builder:

http://www.defiancedata.com/synergybuilder.php

You can create images to share your synergy ideas, like this terrible one, don't use it.

http://www.defiancedata.com/synergy/b=101;101;101;101;__name=Kiwinator.jpg

You can also use custom fields:

http://www.defiancedata.com/synergy/b=1%20Request%20from%20Fuzzy;1%20Delivery%20from%2 0Etaew;x10000%20Possible%20Options;4%20Extra%20Fie lds;__name=The%20Customatizor.jpg

JaroX
05-08-2015, 07:37 AM
Hi TrionBrasse,

I am glad to see that the devs decided to make some improvements to the weapons / mods / synergies in my currently favorite game - Defiance. I would like to state some of my ideas, but not ideas limited just to the "Weapon synergies", I would like to address the subject from a wider perspective - just as it always should be done.

(1.) Defiance is quite an "old" game, but still getting plenty of new players. Most of them (min. 8 out of 10) quit before getting to EGO1000. Why? They join the F2P game and soon realize the extreme limitations in terms of currencies, inventory etc. To me, as a player, who has been around for a few months (and bought the Hunter Pack and Seasons Pass) it is important that the developers realize the problems the game has and come up with good ideas, to improve the game and not to make it worse and force me and others to quit. This is the only reason I use my time to write this comment.

(2.) The money making policy built on limiting inventory and offering huge amounts of various items of various colors and various mods with various synergies might look a good idea at first, but it is negatively affecting the game and Trion in long run (you get many new players, but most of them leave very soon, those who stay learn the game and have no reason to spend any more money on it even if they could afford and would like to do so). Trion could do much better.

(3.) Two weapons synergies are a FAIL (only good to sell to vendors for scrip). Take them out of the game completely. You would have to come up with an extremely overpowered two weapon synergy to make me or most hard-core gamers give a serious thought about using it.

(4.) Getting the desired T3 mods from vendors (special offers) or drops is extremely troublesome. Can you please answer this simple question: "Why is the shotgun mod vendor in Bug n Chug not offering any shotgun mods as SPECIAL DEALS?" Also, this question: "Why are all the vendors offering garbage green weapons and mods as SPECIAL DEALS, when you can buy all green mods at mod vendors anytime?" Please make the 3 random special deals at each MOD vendor - T3 MODs for the dedicated weapon type with SYNERGIES (don't offer non-synergy mods as SPECIAL DEALS, please, you can get them from challenges).

(5.) I have been buying the Mod-hoard boxes for some time and I have been getting all sorts of T4 mods, but not the T4 mods I want. There is no marketplace in the game, where we could easily buy/sell what we need. Why not making more types of Mod-hoard boxes? For each type of weapons - one? That way, my chances for a useful Cannoneer T4 mod for my Assault Rifle would significantly rise and I wouldn't feel like quitting the game every time I get 2 BMG and 2 infector MODs...

(6.) I weapons at Chimera and Paradise vendors are not what I would like to use - they have weak bonuses.

(7.) One out of 4 MODs form the MOD-hoard box should be T5. Yes - please introduce T5 mods for the standard synergies too.

(8.) It is great that we can now have other nano-effect converters (to incendiary and radiation), but taking them out of vendors was not a good idea. It will take months/years to accidentally come across exactly the ammo-converter that one needs.

These are some of my ideas about improving the game = making it more pleasant and rewarding for the players and for the Trion company as well (you can not make profit on the players who have already quit). These ideas were for free. For more you would have to offer me a job :)

WhiteKnight019
05-08-2015, 10:13 AM
I got a couple of ideas...

For Blades (backpack): useful coupled with a dps weapon.

http://www.defiancedata.com/synergy/b=25%25%20Speed%20Boost%20on%20Sword%20Kill;25;__n ame=Blade%20Runner.jpg

For Expeditions

http://www.defiancedata.com/synergy/b=136;15;25%25%20Chance%20at%20explosion%20on%20do wned;50%25%20Chance%20at%20explosion%20on%20downed ;__name=Out%20with%20a%20Bang.jpg

Holy Bahamut3
05-08-2015, 10:28 AM
I like this topic, its constructive. I'll be back to weigh in later.

http://www.defiancedata.com/synergy/b=+5%25%20Nano%20Chance%20on%20Crit;+10%25%20Nano% 20Chance%20on%20Crit;+5%25%20damage%20to%20Shields ;+10%25%20damage%20to%20Shields;__name=Light%20em' %20Up.jpg

Dslice
05-08-2015, 01:18 PM
I would like to see Tier 5 mods for ALL synergies.

I would also like to see them AQUIRABLE IN GAME WITH NO RNG.

DeMoNofDEATH
05-08-2015, 03:01 PM
T5 rocket launcher Barrels please!

My swimming swam would loooove one of these

r1p
05-08-2015, 06:29 PM
I would like to see you fix the bugs that plague the game that I paid money for before you address new stuff. But what do I know you already have my money.

irisawifi
05-08-2015, 06:42 PM
Hi TrionBrasse,

"Why is the shotgun mod vendor in Bug n Chug not offering any shotgun mods as SPECIAL DEALS?" Also, this question: "Why are all the vendors offering garbage green weapons and mods as SPECIAL DEALS, when you can buy all green mods at mod vendors anytime?"

This. SO this.

One out of 4 MODs form the MOD-hoard box should be T5. Yes - please introduce T5 mods for the standard synergies too.

And this.

It is great that we can now have other nano-effect converters (to incendiary and radiation), but taking them out of vendors was not a good idea. It will take months/years to accidentally come across exactly the ammo-converter that one needs.

Yes, Sadly I agree with this too :(

--

Another thing about synergies: please let us be able to see the synergies when we are retrieving them in salvage matrix. I can never remember which one is which.

irisawifi
05-08-2015, 06:43 PM
7L Unity - #2 sounds nice but winds up a bit "meh" because it barely makes a difference on Sai shields, and Youkais simply aren't worth using. Finding a second good Unity weapon is tough.
Brutal - Melee synergy in a shooter. I remember when this shtako was available on sniper rifles, thank goodness that was taken out. Even on shotguns now though it's no good.
Nano-Mastery - Meh.
Scavenger - Useless.
Wetwork - See Firewall.

Wow I am currently bowing down to you. I can use this list for my own edumacation :) Thanks!

Mister Derpenhowser
05-08-2015, 06:52 PM
Nano-Mastery - Meh.
Scavenger - Useless.
Wetwork - See Firewall.

This pretty much covers it all tbh.

Btw Dixie, votan flash rifle from wm is what you want with stalker syn, the purp roll stacks with 3&4 of the syn. Its a sweet combo on a great gun

PithHelmetIrath
05-08-2015, 07:04 PM

Guess I'm in the minority on this.. meh..

Dixie Cougar
05-08-2015, 07:30 PM
This pretty much covers it all tbh.

Btw Dixie, votan flash rifle from wm is what you want with stalker syn, the purp roll stacks with 3&4 of the syn. Its a sweet combo on a great gun

Yeah, a clanmate pulled an oj rad stalker one and he didn't have the DLC so he gave it to me to pass to another member who really likes blast rifles. I did get to test fire it on some Volge before handing it off--pretty neat.

Guess I'm in the minority on this.. meh..

Nothing wrong with that, my post was an opinion too although I did try to provide my impression of the community consensus, such as it is.

Meee
05-08-2015, 07:33 PM
8782 here are some ideas

SanCarioca
05-08-2015, 08:13 PM
What Dixie said should be framed. Defiance Developers should not be allowed to leave the premises until everything he said is improved; :)

I like the idea of the Scavenger synergy, what I don't like is it's actual bonus (2% "more chance" than what?). How do I know if it's triggered? Even after synergy bonuses started appearing on screen (BTW, I love this feature, thanks), I've never seen it triggered. So, how do I know it's useful?

Yes, all synergies should have T5 MODs. I have almost 2 years on me, as a Defiance player, and I know you won't make them available easily, and you need to monetize the game, so, I'll be blunt:

Make T5 MODs available only on Expeditions, if you want to monetize it. I think it's fair, since they were not available before, anyway. Expeditions made me purchase the Patron Pass again only for the daily Hunter Requisitions, after I saw how many T4 MODs were dropping from gold skitterlings, Make T5 MODs the rewards from expedition bosses, and synergies will be your new sales driver for Patron Passes, indirectly. People who don't want to do expeditions could always trade T5 MODs with people who do. So, traders would be stimulated to work hard for the MODs, and vice-versa.

Of course, if you can make T5 MODs purchaseable with scrip, I won't complain. :) But I know better...

Most of all, I will repeat here that the best improvement for Synergies that I ever saw in-game came with the first holiday event. Not the Purge Synergy itself, but the fact that these events dropped ONLY MODs with The Purge Synergy. This is what I find fantastic in events. Let's say I could grind a specific co-op map, that would drop only the "X Synergy". And I like X. I would grind this co-op map all day,

For example, *besides the daily mission*, you could make a co-op map, arena, whatever, drop the "Synergy of the day". "Today's mission is Island of the Lost Soldiers, but Scrapworks Salvage is dropping only MODs for the Canoneer Synergy". Something like that.

I think Defiance needs focus. Having a gazillion synergies is good, but it's also frustrating. Make me target the synergies I want.

Dixie Cougar
05-08-2015, 08:35 PM
Thanks all for the positive feedback, I am glad I wasn't too far off the mark in trying to summarize player opinions.

I think Defiance needs focus. Having a gazillion synergies is good, but it's also frustrating. Make me target the synergies I want.

Some great ideas here but I agree in particular with this point. The sheer size of the loot tables across the game can be discouraging. While it's sometimes irritating to have to hunt down a particular mob or area to get a certain drop, there's certainly room to balance away from general rules like "all (blue) mods can be obtained in all places." The fact that you can get an item anywhere also balances into more likely than not getting it nowhere.

Think of it this way: If all the sunken treasure was distributed evenly across the ocean floor, the vastness of that space would make it not worth going after. Instead it's concentrated in shipwrecks, and it's a lot of hard work to find but that work pays off.

Ryu Soba JP
05-08-2015, 09:08 PM
I like my 7th legion and holiday synergies. Not much to say about the others
I would like to see Legendary Mods for all synergies.

However, as much as I would love to see some advances in synergies I would rather see things like pvp, Alcatraz, hard freezing and latency issues, trophies and hatchling grenades fixed first.

Claydough
05-08-2015, 09:37 PM
i would like to see more special synergy's that have more flat bonuses rather than things that have specific triggers, % chance, temporary buffs and cool downs.

the 4th bonus on saturnalia is a great example of this. the chances that this actually activating it a useful circumstance is close to nil. you and your team have to be close to each other, you have to be getting over powered by the enemy to within a moment people are going to be going down, your 30 sec cool down has to be available, you then need to kill the enemy and have a 10% chance of it actually activating.

the effect of this synergy is near useless is real (or virtual i guess) world applications.

Konzeptionz
05-08-2015, 10:05 PM
I like the backpack synergy on the upcoming jackpots. I think it would be pretty cool to see more dual weapon backpack synergies like that. Of course they would need to be two weapons that you would actually want to use though. I'd have to agree with some of the other posts I've seen though. We need more T5 mods for synergies.

Chump Norris
05-08-2015, 10:19 PM
Not counting veteran the backpack synergies are pretty blah.

This isn't the place but I would like to see shields that have no synergies to be retroactively changed into something like this.

WARNING CRAPPY PHOTOSHOP SKILLS INCOMING!

http://i.imgur.com/5iHEely.jpg

This would let people use two of the basic loadout synergies in one loadout...

Like Outlaw Sludge Rocket and Veteran Tachmag.

or it could just be a really stupid idea.

Meee
05-09-2015, 03:36 AM
Not counting veteran the backpack synergies are pretty blah.

This isn't the place but I would like to see shields that have no synergies to be retroactively changed into something like this.

WARNING CRAPPY PHOTOSHOP SKILLS INCOMING!

http://i.imgur.com/5iHEely.jpg

This would let people use two of the basic loadout synergies in one loadout...

Like Outlaw Sludge Rocket and Veteran Tachmag.

or it could just be a really stupid idea.

Yeah this would actually make backpacks useful . If they made every type of shield with a actual synergy . But the only original backpack I find useful is veteran . Now what I could go for ( expedition) firewall rhino guardian ark or wetworks ( I'm pretty sure these may be in the loot table now but the syn itself is so rare to find nevertheless1 particular item )

Graywolfe
05-09-2015, 06:04 AM
One thing I would like to see added/changed is being able to add a synergy to a shield or weapon. Every once in awhile I will get a weapon that has no syn at all, I don't see any point in keeping these weapons they have absolutely no benefit over weapons with syns. So how about allowing us to purchase a new synergy from the bit store to add to our weapon and/or shield? You would make money on this players would be happier because they could tweek the syns to what they enjoy.

Dixie Cougar
05-10-2015, 10:35 PM
One thing I would like to see added/changed is being able to add a synergy to a shield or weapon. Every once in awhile I will get a weapon that has no syn at all, I don't see any point in keeping these weapons they have absolutely no benefit over weapons with syns. So how about allowing us to purchase a new synergy from the bit store to add to our weapon and/or shield? You would make money on this players would be happier because they could tweek the syns to what they enjoy.

Some people might cry p2w but I think it's a neat idea. If it was available ingame for a huge amount of some currency (say, 2 million ark salvage) it would be less p2w as well.

Dead Revenant
05-11-2015, 01:30 AM
Syns can use a lil tweeks, but I dont think this is as big of an issue as my over abundence of ark salvage... please incouperate a use for ark salvage wether it be a way to convert it to other in game currency or upgrades, a way to create chip pullers or simply just more functionality with gun rolls/masteries.. or hell even to roll synergies maybe? That would be pretty sweet.

On another note, backpack syns are not so great, and I never like to see a gun with grenadier, or a shield with blockade.

TrionBrasse
05-11-2015, 12:54 PM
Thank you for all of the fast feedback!
The inimitable Kiwibird will now compile this into a report for the Dev team.
I'm going to leave this open for a few more days in order to let you get some final thoughts in.
Thank you!
;-)#
Brasse

p.s. Scapes is one of our Senior Community Managers and is still on Defiance - I was just helping him out by posting this last week when we were busy. =)

CM Kiwibird
05-11-2015, 03:25 PM
Hey there folks, I'd really like to see more feedback on this topic! Please don't hesitate to share. :o I'll be in here lurking.

Dixie Cougar
05-11-2015, 04:09 PM
How about a T5 mod for a large amount of cores or as a random jackpot from elite boxes with "Wildcard" syn that adds to the syn of any weapon it goes in?

Smokey Black
05-11-2015, 04:27 PM
Sync heaven sent

5% health
5% damage
5% life steal
1% self revive on a kill

Mister Derpenhowser
05-11-2015, 07:01 PM
Sync heaven sent

5% health
5% damage
5% life steal
1% self revive on a kill

Lol, and a pony!

Combo Breaker
05-12-2015, 04:43 AM
Using Dixie's layout and adding my 2 cents in red.

7L Unity - #2 sounds nice but winds up a bit "meh" because it barely makes a difference on Sai shields, and Youkais simply aren't worth using. Finding a second good Unity weapon is tough.Not enough shield options either.
Brutal - Melee synergy in a shooter. I remember when this shtako was available on sniper rifles, thank goodness that was taken out. Even on shotguns now though it's no good. - Due to plates and threat levels.
Cannoneer - Very popular especially on automatic bullet weapons, but usually also a "first two". The 2nd 2 are normally only worth using with Syphon.
EGO Precision - One of the better OG vendor synergies. That isn't saying much though.
Grenadier - Definitely a first two only syn. Very useful on certain weapons, worthless on others.Was one of the best synergies easily until grenade changes made it a meh synergy.
Heartbreaker - Has not been particularly well recieved in the metagame. Named weapons have a lot to due with it's lack of use. By far considered the worst event weapons.
Nano-Mastery - Meh.
Plate Slicer - A "first two" syn except in PvP.2nd 2 fit an aggressive PVE play style. If the only weapons for this synergy were from the Armistice event, this one might get looked down on. Luckily the first event had everything.
Run-n-Gun - Probably the least popular mod synergy after Brutal.Really bad synergy.
Scavenger - Useless.
Purge - Very well liked and widely used for the 4th effect. It was probably the right call not to make converters available in this syn, so that lack of versatility balances its power.Would like to have seen converters with the exception of syphon.
Wetwork - See Firewall.

Combo Breaker
05-12-2015, 05:23 AM
Trying to use perks that are already in the game.
Purple grenade damage rolls should be adjusted to a +1 Grenade Charge. Would be better.

If you made the synergies something like below I would be happy if you changed all my weapons to match as well.

http://www.defiancedata.com/synergy/b=+5%25%20Reload;+10%25%20Reload;+5%25%20EGO%20Ref resh%20on%20Full%20Reload;+10%25%20EGO%20Refresh%2 0on%20Full%20Reload;__name=Quartermaster.jpg

http://www.defiancedata.com/synergy/b=7;91;+1%20Grenade%20Charge;+2%20Grenade%20Charge s;__name=Grenadier.jpg

Wanted 4 to be 1.07, but couldn't get it to cooperate with me.
http://www.defiancedata.com/synergy/b=71;5;106;6;__name=Cannoneer.jpg

http://www.defiancedata.com/synergy/b=3%25%20Movement%20Speed;6%25%20Movement%20Speed; 5%25%20Less%20Damage%20Rom%20Behind;10%25%20Less%2 0Damage%20From%20Behind;__name=Run-n-Gun.jpg

http://www.defiancedata.com/synergy/b=2%25%20Crit%20Multiplier;4%25%20Crit%20Multiplie r;2%25%20Crit%20From%20the%20Hip;4%25%20Crit%20Fro m%20the%20Hip;__name=Assassin.jpg

Adding my Own Synergy in here.

http://www.defiancedata.com/synergy/b=1%25%20Self%20Revive%20Refresh%20on%20Kill;2%25% 20Self%20Revive%20Refresh%20on%20Kill;1%25%20Healt h%20Regeneration;2%25%20Health%20Regeneration;__na me=Alive%20In%20Paradise.jpg

Jerrmy12
05-12-2015, 06:59 AM
Some people might cry p2w but I think it's a neat idea. If it was available ingame for a huge amount of some currency (say, 2 million ark salvage) it would be less p2w as well.

Lol 2 mil ark salvage.

It should just be arkforge or 200k arksalvage.

ill blud
05-12-2015, 10:58 AM
Purple grenade damage rolls should be adjusted to a +1 Grenade Charge. Would be better.

If you made the synergies something like below I would be happy if you changed all my weapons to match as well.

http://www.defiancedata.com/synergy/b=+5%25%20Reload;+10%25%20Reload;+5%25%20EGO%20Ref resh%20on%20Full%20Reload;+10%25%20EGO%20Refresh%2 0on%20Full%20Reload;__name=Quartermaster.jpg

http://www.defiancedata.com/synergy/b=7;91;+1%20Grenade%20Charge;+2%20Grenade%20Charge s;__name=Grenadier.jpg

http://www.defiancedata.com/synergy/b=3%25%20Movement%20Speed;6%25%20Movement%20Speed; 5%25%20Less%20Damage%20Rom%20Behind;10%25%20Less%2 0Damage%20From%20Behind;__name=Run-n-Gun.jpg

http://www.defiancedata.com/synergy/b=2%25%20Crit%20Multiplier;4%25%20Crit%20Multiplie r;2%25%20Crit%20From%20the%20Hip;4%25%20Crit%20Fro m%20the%20Hip;__name=Assassin.jpg

http://www.defiancedata.com/synergy/b=1%25%20Self%20Revive%20Refresh%20on%20Kill;2%25% 20Self%20Revive%20Refresh%20on%20Kill;1%25%20Healt h%20Regeneration;2%25%20Health%20Regeneration;__na me=Alive%20In%20Paradise.jpg

Exactly along the lines I was thinking. You don't need to make significant changes to existing synergies, but it's time they get an update to be better suited to how the game has changed since the synergies have been introduced. As for backpack synergies, seeing how they aren't considered to be all that useful, why not boost them more significantly to give incentive to use them? It wouldn't hurt to be able to do something about synergies with ark salvage as well.

xXxDSMer
05-12-2015, 11:06 AM
Thanks all for the positive feedback, I am glad I wasn't too far off the mark in trying to summarize player opinions.

borrowing combo's idea:

7L Fury - Useful on some weapons, doesn't go well with the "larger mag" bonus on others. I am not fond of offensive shield break effects but others may differ. +15% for 6 seconds is a nice boost, but not on larger mag weapons, and shield breaks things just aren't great anyways (only thing 3 and 4 might be good for is syphon)
7L Unity - #2 sounds nice but winds up a bit "meh" because it barely makes a difference on Sai shields, and Youkais simply aren't worth using. Finding a second good Unity weapon is tough. unity works great with respark... why is there no respark 7th legion shields? lol
Assassin - Good but probably overrated by players, often only a "first two" syn. 3rd and 4th would only be good on HIGH damage weapons really, and most weapons don't have enough crit to actually benefit from 1 and 2 anyways
Brutal - Melee synergy in a shooter. I remember when this shtako was available on sniper rifles, thank goodness that was taken out. Even on shotguns now though it's no good. Yeah.. not really strong enough to be useful, even on shotguns that can get away with melee stock.
Cannoneer - Very popular especially on automatic bullet weapons, but usually also a "first two". 3 and 4 help when irradiated, burning, poopshoes are wanted on the target... personally don't know how it would help syphon though unless syphon proc heals a significantly higher % of dmg done.
Chimera - Mostly held back by the low quality of the Chimera vendor weapons.hasn't even really been worth looking at IMO, so no comment
Defiant Few - I advise players not to bother with it. because it's such a pain to get mods in this syn. Especially now.
EGO Precision - #1/2 seem to only affect hip accuracy, so I usually just go with full t5 mods. 1&2 here should probably be updated to do accuracy (hip), and add aim accuracy as well. 3&4 I'd T5.
Grenadier - Definitely a first two only syn. Very useful on certain weapons, worthless on others. the recoil part of this syn is extremely useful on autos. 3&4 not worth it.
Heartbreaker - Has not been particularly well recieved in the metagame. This is a syn with a whole bunch of conditionals. Not useful. Then there's the 4th part of the syn, which I'm pretty sure is tied to the KILLING BLOW - also not useful, especially in situations where it could actually be handy. If 4th part counted for any mob the player helped kill, then at least part 4 would be useful.
Nano-Mastery - Meh.
Plate Slicer - A "first two" syn except in PvP. absolutely a 4 part syn even in pve - even though the 3rd part itself is quite useless, 4th part is very nice in pve.
Prepared - Definitely a "first two" syn, 3 and 4 are useless. the only time 3 and 4 have been noticeably useful, is after a melee kill with my 1.08dmg tnt big boomer, and even then it was just barely any kind of useful. Probably going to put two T5's on that boomer at some point.
Quartermaster - VERY popular for its first two effects, but the second two are considered useless. Useful on almost any weapon. There certainly are much better things 3&4 of QM could be.
Rolling Thunder - Seems like there are a lot of mixed reviews on this one. It's worth taking all 4 in some cases. Useless on explosive weapons. rolling thunder is great how it is, when full syn modded. Especially on things like volge battle rifle, volge recon assault, and many ar/smg
Run-n-Gun - Probably the least popular mod synergy after Brutal. It's like 1&2 of R-n-g are a watered down 3&4 from rolling thunder. And 3&4 only working at "low health" - no thanks. lol
Saturnalia - Typically gets modded for the first three, the fourth is considered optional. Yep.
Scavenger - Useless. 1&2 possibly useful if combined with pinyata and just reward... but then the thing would be finding a det with scavenger
Stalker - One of my favorites but I can't get a good weapon to drop with it, so real world experience is limited. All 4 bonuses do seem worth taking. IMO only useful on AR's with their 39 to 45 meter natural falloff range, or LMG's with their 56 meter natural falloff range, AND while using a falloff barrel. SMG's, shotguns, pistols.. all so short range 1&2 really doesn't do much for 'em. 3&4 useful on weapons that are suitable for aiming at heads.
Purge - Very well liked and widely used for the 4th effect. It was probably the right call not to make converters available in this syn, so that lack of versatility balances its power. I can understand why there's not syphon converters for purge, but would love to have the other nanos converters available.
Wetwork - See Firewall.

If I didn't comment, I have no comment... likely because I haven't used it nor considered it worth thinking on.

Dslice
05-12-2015, 11:13 AM
Another possible suggestion if it hasn't already been suggested. How about using arksalvage (a currently useless currency) & let use use it to randomly change a weapon/shield's synergy.

I know no player really likes the RNG (we've all been victims if it at least once), but since most vetren/ high ego players should have a large amount of arksalvage & nothing to do with it, having a purchasable synergy change be random seems doable.

Combo Breaker
05-12-2015, 11:52 AM
Backpack synergy fix ideas. These wouldn't be overboard and would keep backpack synergys as less desirable, but far more useful.

http://www.defiancedata.com/synergy/b=Take%205%25%20Less%20Damage;__name=Machinist.jpg

http://www.defiancedata.com/synergy/b=5%25%20Damage%20Increase;__name=Outlaw.jpg

http://www.defiancedata.com/synergy/b=2%25%20Health%20Regeneration;__name=Survivalist. jpg

http://www.defiancedata.com/synergy/b=6;__name=Veteran.jpg

CM Kiwibird
05-12-2015, 12:07 PM
Hey all, we've got a great amount of feedback on existing synergies now! I'm currently looking for more community created synergies. I look forward to seeing what you'll create! :o

Dixie Cougar
05-12-2015, 12:40 PM
Hey all, we've got a great amount of feedback on existing synergies now! I'm currently looking for more community created synergies. I look forward to seeing what you'll create! :o

I'll bite.

http://www.defiancedata.com/synergy/b=Automatically%20stream%20gameplay%20to%20Twitch; 50%25%20chance%20to%20predict%20enemy%20special%20 attacks;-100%20scrip%20per%20kill;101;__name=Patriot.jpg

xXxDSMer
05-12-2015, 12:58 PM

ego on reload for 3&4 QM would make it more desirable for full syn modding.

that 3&4 grenadier would at least make those parts more appealing (within the constraints of current game mechanics).

1.16 fire rate synergy... that much +fire rate, would have to have some -recoil to go with it. lol

that assassin change would at least get 3&4 useful more of the time, but would still be a "go for 2 parts n quit" synergy on things like every AR in the game, LMG's, etc.... very much only benefiting things like tachmag pulser, pulser, etc.

And for brutal syn, a buff on the +melee dmg (percent not fixed, but 15% is weak especially considering how slow melee is in this game), and either increase reload on melee kill quite a bit as well, or have a brutal weapon bypass some defense on higher TL targets.

http://www.defiancedata.com/synergy/b=+10%25%20Melee%20DMG;+15%25%20Melee%20DMG;some%2 0amount%20of%20ignores%20armor%20plates%20or%20shi eld;some%20amount%20of%20ignores%20armor%20plates% 20or%20shield;__name=Brutal.jpg

Claydough
05-12-2015, 01:41 PM
2 part synergys arent all that bad.

I like the ideas of sacrificing 2 syn mods for a more powerful T5 mod.
However, the minute you make standard syn mods T5, that all goes out the window.

I would also like to see a life steal backpack synergy!

Combo Breaker
05-12-2015, 02:37 PM

http://www.defiancedata.com/synergy/b=+1%20Armor%20Plate;+1%20Armor%20Plate;5%25%20Dam age%20to%20Armor%20Plates;10%25%20Damage%20to%20Ar mor%20Plates;__name=Plate%20Giver.jpg

http://www.defiancedata.com/synergy/b=5%25%20Ego%20Refresh%20on%20Reload;4%25%20Crit%2 0Multiplier;2%25%20Health%20regeneration;-20%20Recoil;__name=Mixed%20Bag.jpg

http://www.defiancedata.com/synergy/b=5%25%20Crit%20Mutliplier%20while%20Crouched;10%2 5%20Crit%20Multiplier%20while%20Crouched;25%25%20o f%20Mag%20Reloaded%20on%20Crit%20Kill;50%25%20of%2 0Mag%20Reloaded%20on%20Crit%20Kill;__name=Crouchin g%20Tiger.jpg

http://www.defiancedata.com/synergy/b=3%25%20Ego%20Duration%20on%20Full%20Reload;6%25% 20Ego%20Duration%20on%20Full%20Reload;-5%25%20Explosive%20Damage%20Taken;-10%25%20Explosive%20Damage%20Taken;__name=Trion%20 Hard.jpg

Holy Bahamut3
05-12-2015, 03:17 PM
http://imgur.com/udL6Efh.jpg

http://www.defiancedata.com/synergy/b=+10%25%20health;+10%25%20shields;1%20plate%20on% 20kill%20cool%20down%2010%20sec;3%20plates%20on%20 kill%20cool%20down%2010%20sec;__name=Juggernaut.jp g

WhiteStrike
05-12-2015, 03:41 PM
Grenadier:

[1]x0.90 recoil
[2]x0.80 recoil
[3]10% chance not to consume grenade
[4]20% chance not to consume grenade

PithHelmetIrath
05-12-2015, 04:32 PM
http://www.defiancedata.com/synergy/b=68;117;85;61;__name=Brasse%20Tacks.jpg

Holy Bahamut3
05-12-2015, 04:42 PM
http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?214408-A-few-suggestions.

Atticus posted a couple of good ones here...

Graywolfe
05-12-2015, 05:28 PM
http://www.defiancedata.com/synergy/b=+3%25%20fire%20rate;+3%25%20reload;+1%20armor%20 plate%20on%20shield%20break;increase%20damage%20by %205%25;__name=Assault.jpg

Atticus Batman
05-12-2015, 09:19 PM
http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?214408-A-few-suggestions.

Atticus posted a couple of good ones here...

Yes I did. Here ya go.

I have done them on expert. Same for gunslinger (just not in like 6 months). By going through the matchmaking screen. Afterall that is the only way to choose difficulty.

As for vendors, they SUCK!!! Especially Thorne Liro, I bought the titles and never bothered with anything else. It would be nice if they added a weapon catche and synergy to thorne Liro. It's own rep and contracts, as well as synergy, for Gunslinger would also be nice.

Perhaps something like this:

For Thorne Liro:
http://www.defiancedata.com/synergy/b=Take%204%25%20less%20damage%20from%20critical%20 hits;4%25%20less%20damage%20from%20enemy%20explosi ves;3%25%20health%20regen%20for%205%20seconds%20on %20critical%20kill%20(30%20second%20cooldown);__na me=Thorne%20in%20Your%20side.jpg

For Gunslinger:
http://www.defiancedata.com/synergy/b=Take%206%25%20less%20damage%20while%20standing%2 0still;3%25%20Ammo%20replenished%20on%20a%20critic al%20kill;3%20plates%20of%20ablative%20armor%20on% 20shield%20break;87;__name=Way%20of%20The%20Gun.jp g.

Dretz86
05-13-2015, 12:31 AM
Another thing about synergies: please let us be able to see the synergies when we are retrieving them in salvage matrix. I can never remember which one is which.[/QUOTE]

If y'all do anything at least let us view which synergy are on the mods that are already equipped to our weapons please

Sai Agito
05-13-2015, 04:34 AM
These are some of synergy that I think needs to improve:
*Scavenger: 3rd and 4th effect seems to be useless most the time
*Not sure how stowed weapon clip effect work
*Hard-boiled need a little boost(I like refresh self-revive. Useful in expedition)

JaroX
05-13-2015, 07:12 AM

I really dont agree with the idea of changing the current synergies - most of you guys have in mind your assault rifle and try to change in current synergies so they become more useful on your assault rifle... well.. there are other weapons in defiance, like... sniper rifles??? Assassin synergy is best for sniper PvE, why changing the 2nd and 3rd synergy for some hip crit dmg?

Take the useless synergies out of the game = dont include them in drop pools anymore. Keep the good synergies in the game with no changes please... (dont change Assassin, Cannoneer, Grenadier, Stalker, The Purge). Introduce new synergies based on the suggestions from this forum thread. Easy.

Most of all, solve the problems with the MOD vendors (as I was writing in my 1st post), introduce T5 standard synergy MODs. Would be great if you introduced weapon type based MOD-hoard boxes too (with T4 and maybe T5 MODs).

clay marrow
05-13-2015, 07:23 AM
Make an syn dedicated to explosives!!!! Also the t5 mod idea everyone keeps repeating, I'm gonna agree with that too!!! Again add an explosives syn something like 2% min damage, 5% min dmg, 5% dmg radius, 5% full damage.... something like that... name it "Percussion" or "Mortar" Also, did you see the idea about the t5 mods? That was a good one!!!

Combo Breaker
05-13-2015, 08:36 AM
I really dont agree with the idea of changing the current synergies - most of you guys have in mind your assault rifle and try to change in current synergies so they become more useful on your assault rifle... well.. there are other weapons in defiance, like... sniper rifles??? Assassin synergy is best for sniper PvE, why changing the 2nd and 3rd synergy for some hip crit dmg?

Take the useless synergies out of the game = dont include them in drop pools anymore. Keep the good synergies in the game with no changes please... (dont change Assassin, Cannoneer, Grenadier, Stalker, The Purge). Introduce new synergies based on the suggestions from this forum thread. Easy.

Most of all, solve the problems with the MOD vendors (as I was writing in my 1st post), introduce T5 standard synergy MODs. Would be great if you introduced weapon type based MOD-hoard boxes too (with T4 and maybe T5 MODs).

Some of them really need to be fixed. I do agree that my Assassin modification is not useful for snipers. I rarely use them so don't really think in sniper terms. I do agree that Stalker and Purge are fine as is.

NomadPhx
05-13-2015, 09:08 AM
give grenades a syn too. might prove interesting.

Graywolfe
05-13-2015, 09:24 AM
This was the first one I posted and I was thinking about LMGs and shotguns primarily with it. I changed it a bit from the first post.

http://www.defiancedata.com/synergy/b=+3%25%20Fire%20rate;+3%25%20Reload;+5%25%20Damag e;+2%20Armor%20plates%20on%20shield%20break;__name =Assault.jpg

Ok this one I was thinking mainly SMGs and pistols.

http://www.defiancedata.com/synergy/b=+5%25%20Mag;+3%25%20Damage;+5%25%20Range%20and%2 0Falloff%20Distance;+2%25%20refresh%20self-revive%20on%20a%20kill;__name=Conquer.jpg

This one mainly for explosives.

http://www.defiancedata.com/synergy/b=14;84;+3%25%20Damage%20to%20Multiple%20Targets;2 0;__name=Bombs%20Away.jpg

Just my thoughts on some new Syns

Etaew
05-13-2015, 09:30 AM
I'd like to see more weapons synergies, because I'm too lazy to collect such specific mods as they usually come from limited time events. :p

BlackTalons
05-13-2015, 09:56 AM
List of synergies divided by tiers according to my own opinion, detailing any problems with it and suggestions to improve them.

Tier 0

Brutal
- Currently exclusive to shotguns
- [1/2] 5/10% melee damage
- [3/4] 5/10% reload on melee kill
- Melee is so bugged that a non sword based melee build is almost unthinkable. Also the [3/4] bonus is pretty weak and IIRC, not working.
- Suggestion: [3/4] 10/15% clip reload on melee kill. Fix Melee.
- Focus gameplay: Short range weapons, melee
Machinist
- [2] 5% less damage while reloading
- Considering it requires two weapons to work its extremely weak. People tend to minimize reload times, so an effect that works while reloading is wasted in every possible situation
- Suggestion: [1] -> 15% less damage while reloading
- [2] On full reload, repair armor plate. Cooldown 30s
- Focus gameplay: Long, frecuent reload guns
Nano-executioner
- Exclusive to Soleptor Enterprises
- [2] 5% nano effect chance on a kill
- Duration is not specified, so unless it applies to nano spread on death, it’s useless
- Suggestion: [1] On a kill, 5% nano effect chance for 3s.
[2] On nano kill, 3 ablative armor for 3s. Cooldown 10s.
- Focus gameplay: Optimized for nano effect.
Outlaw
- [2] +5% damage from last shot on clip
- The last shot on a clip is usually wasted on a preventive reload, unless it’s from rocket launchers, detonators or sawed off shotguns, and even then it’s very weak for a backpack synergy
- Suggestion: [1] +10% damage from last 25% of clip.
- [2] +25% reload for 3s on melee kill. Fix Melee.
- Focus gameplay: Short range slow firing weapons
Sawbones
- Discontinued
- [2] Full reload weapons after reviving another player.
- The two pack requirement and lack of flexibility makes its use very rare.
- Suggestion: [1] +50% reload clip on rescue kill. Cooldown 15s
- [2] +1 grenade on revive other
- Focus gameplay: Support/healer role
Survivalist
- [2] +2% damage to targets with full health and shields
- Too weak for its requirement
- Suggestion: [1] +10% damage to targets with full health and shields
- [2] Loot 15% more ammo.
- Focus gameplay: High damage per shot
Wrecker
- Discontinued
- [2] 10% damage vs vehicles
- The bonus is just plain useless
- Suggestion: [1] +10% damage vs targets with 3+ armor plates (http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?174026-Vehicles-and-anti-vehicles).
- [2] On enemy armor break, 15% penetration for 5 seconds. Cooldown 15s.
- Focus gameplay: Anti armor

Tier 1

Defiant Few
- Exclusive to Defiant Few
- [1/3] -5/10% Health vulnerability to Fire
- [2/4] -5/10% Shield vulnerability to Electricity
- Potentially useful in rare circumstances, notably in expeditions. Otherwise pretty useless since PvP is dominated by Bio/Rad and PvE is rarely a challenge. Heavily restricted to a handful of weapons.
- Suggestion: [1/2/3/4] -> -15% incoming Fire/Electric/Radiation/Biological damage
- Focus gameplay: Utility
Going postal
- Exclusive to Special Delivery
- [2] Taking damage reduces Ego power cooldown by 1s (Cooldown 3s)
- [3] When shield are down and below 50% health, Ego is disrupted and reload is reduced 75%
- The first part is pretty good, especially with the Bloodlust perk that would allow very short Ego recharge times in combat.
- Suggestion: [3] Receiving health damage extends current Ego power by 1s (Cooldown 3s)
- Focus gameplay: Broken shield build
Hard boiled
- Exclusive to Top Notch Toolworks
- [2] 2% refresh self revive on a kill
- Rarely useful outside expeditions, and even there Heartbreaker weapons are often superior.
- Suggestion: [1] +15% shield capacity
- Focus gameplay: Solo survival
Nano mastery
- Exclusive to Von Bach Industries
- [2] 5% nano-effect chance on a critical hit
- Definitely useful, but rather weak for its requirements.
- Suggestion: [1] 5% nano-effect chance on a critical hit
[2] On nano kill 10% to reload weapon
- Focus gameplay: Optimized for nano effect
Overnight express
- Exclusive to Special Delivery
- [2] 25% move speed increase for 5s on explosive kill. Cooldown 10s
- [3] 20% rate of fire increase and -20% bloom for 5s on explosive kill. Cooldown 10s
- The first effect can be easily obtained through mastery rolls or perks, the second one is nice, but currently bugged and not working.
- Suggestion: [2] 25% reload increase for 5s on explosive kill. Cooldown 10s
[3] Fix it
- Focus gameplay: Explosives rampage
Prepared
- Exclusive to Top Notch
- [1/2] 1/2% ammo regen /10 seconds
- [3/4] +5/10% damage on next shot after melee kill (expires in 10 secs)
- The first effect, though useful, is quite weak and barely makes any difference. The second one requires getting close for a melee kill for a small increase in the next shot, which sucks for non shotguns.
- Suggestion: [1/2] 3/6% ammo regen/10 seconds
[3/4] +2/2 ablative armor for 5s on armor break. Cooldown 15s.
Run-n-gun
- [1/2] +5/10% Movement accuracy
- [3/4] +10/20% Accuracy and -10/10% Recoil at low health
- The first part is acceptable but easily outmatched by mods, the second one does not specify the health needed and even then low health is something one does not want to happen, so using it is rarer the better you become at the game.
- Suggestion: [1/2] +10/20% Movement accuracy
[3/4] -10/15% recoil when shields are down (No accuracy bonus).
- Focus gameplay: Close range mobile combat
Special delivery
- Exclusive to Special delivery
- [2] 15% ammo pool regen to all friendlies within 10m on crit kill
- [3] Chance on hit to summon exploding barrel (Cooldown: 10 secs)
- The first part is good enough, helping out with ammo hungry weapons of the whole team, so long as they keep close. The second part is bugged: the barrel appears but disappears immediately without exploding. The chance is not specified but is rare enough to recommend auto weapons to make the best use of it (around 4-2%).
- Suggestion: Replace the barrel for a grenade, or set the power of the barrel for the one of the equipped grenade.
- Focus gameplay: Ammo expensive weapons
The way of change
- Exclusive to Corporate espionage
- [1] On melee kill, 30% crit multiplier for 10 seconds (Cooldown 30 seconds)
- [2] On crit kill 30% melee damage for 10 seconds (Cooldown 30 seconds)
- [3] On armor break, 10 seconds blur like effect (Cooldown 30 seconds)
- The bonuses are hard to use and have lengthy cooldowns, but they work well with a pistol/shotgun and sword combo. The current melee mechanics break the whole thing apart though.
- Suggestion: Fix melee
- Focus gameplay: Intimidation perk melee combo
Veteran
- [2] +10% rate of fire for 2 seconds after full reload
- Actually good but with a too high requirement
- Suggestion: [1] -10% Recoil for 3s on crit kill. Cooldown 10s
[2] +10% rate of fire for 3s after full reload. Cooldown 10s
- Focus gameplay: Automatic weapons

Tier 2
7th Legion fury
- Exclusive to 7th legion
- [1/2] +5/10 damage for 6 seconds after a full reload
- [3/4] +5/10 damage for 6 seconds when your shield breaks
- Very good synergy on the first part, and decent enough on the second. Can be easily used and provides a strong bonus
- Suggestion: Switch [1/2] and [3/4] for better progression.
7th legion unity
- [2] Reduces shield recharge delay by 0.5 seconds.
- [3]Taking damage when your shield is down increases your movement speed by 30% for 3 seconds. Cooldown 10 seconds.
- The first bonus is too subtle a benefit, though rare enough to be worth it. It is biased towards Youkai shields. The second one is also good with the added effect of working even if your shield has replenished yet.
- Suggestion: [2] Reduces shield recharge delay by 15%.
Assassin
- [1/2] +2/4% crit multiplier
- [3/4] +5/10 damage on next shot after critical kill (Expires after 10 secs).
- The first part is too weak to make much difference. The second is good enough to keep a good streak of one hit kills.
- Suggestion: [1/2] +4/8% crit multiplier
- Focus gameplay: One hit kill
Cannoneer
- [1/2] +3/6% Fire rate
- [3/4] +10/20% nano effect chance for 2 sec after full reload
- The second part could use an extra second of enhanced nano, and the first part could benefit from a little more power.
- Suggestion: [1/2] +5/10% Fire rate
[3/4] +10/20% nano effect chance for 3 sec after full reload
- Focus gameplay: Automatic weapons + nano effect
Chimera
- Exclusive to Chimera
- [1/2] Increase health by +5/10%
- [3] When shield breaks, reload 15% of your clip
- [4] When shield breaks, nearby attackers are knocked back
- The third bonus needs more strength, but otherwise a solid synergy for certain builds, especially for the last bonus.
- Suggestion: [3] When shield breaks, reload 25% of your clip
Firewall
- Exclusive to Corporate espionage
- [1] On shield break, restore health and shields for 5s to surrounding allies (Cooldown: 30s)
- [2] On shield break, repair armor plate. (Cooldown: 30s)
- [3] On shield break, +20% outgoing healing for 10s (Cooldown 30s)
- Very good support synergy except for the last part: It fails to synergize with itself when using it solo. Also, BMGs need a rework so badly that nobody would use them to heal seriously, so the last part only works when healing allies with this synergy, which is rather limited.
- Suggestion: [3] On shield break, +20% healing and 15% faster reload for 10s (Cooldown 30s)
- Focus gameplay: Healer build
Grenadier
- [1/2] +10/20% Recoil
- [3/4] +5/10% grenade refresh on kill
- Excellent first part with lots of applications. Outdated second part with no use at all.
- Suggestion: [3/4] +5/10% chance of grenade charge drop.
- Focus gameplay: Automatic weapons + grenades
Heartbreaker
- Exclusive to Colony courtship
- [1] On shield break, gain 15% armor penetration for 5s
- [2] On shield break, grant 10% damage for 5s to surrounding allies. (Cooldown 30s)
- [3] On armor break, +20% crit multiplier for 10 seconds (Cooldown 30s)
- [4] On enemy “heart break”, +2% self revive.
- Though the bonuses are good, they feel disperse, lacking a focus gameplay to cater on (besides good for expeditions). They all work as some sort of lashing out/vengeance system, but the long cooldowns are hard to capitalize.
- Suggestion: [1] On health damage, +20% crit multiplier for 3s. (Cooldown 10s)
[2] On shield break, grant 10% damage for 10s to surrounding allies. (Cooldown 30s)
[3] On shield break, reflect 15% damage for 5s (Cooldown 15s)
Pandemonium
- Exclusive to Order and Chaos
- [2] +15% Fire rate, -15% Reload time, +25% nano trigger chance
- Very good synergy, though tied to not one but two jackpots used together.
- Suggestion: Another two Jackpot items (“Holy” SMG and “Vile” Shotgun) with the same synergy to combine with these.
- Focus gameplay: Order and Chaos
Paradise territory
- Exclusive to Paradise
- [1/2] Increase damage by 3/6%
- [3] 15% of clip reloaded on a critical kill. Cooldown: 10s
- [4] 30% movement speed increase for 5s on a critical kill. Cooldown 10s
- Decent synergy especially for the first part. The third bonus is quite of weak given the cooldown, and the fourth one is too generic.
- Suggestion: [3] 30% of clip reloaded on a critical kill. Cooldown: 10s
[4] 10% damage reduction for 5s on a critical kll. Cooldown 10s
- Focus gameplay: Critical hits
Quartermaster
- [1/2] +5/10% Reload
- [3/4] 50/100% Reload on self revive
- This one has fallen a bit out of grace with the recent changes to reload bonus rolls and the revelation of the 1s cap, but can still be used to reach it. The second part was always useless, self revive is a price too high to pay for such a bonus.
- Suggestion: [3/4] -10/20% bloom when aiming down sights.
- Focus gameplay: Automatic weapons
Rolling Thunder
- [1/2] +5/10% Mag
- [3/4] +10/20% Hip accuracy
- Good, but the first bonuses are quite low compared to the current mag rolls.
- Suggestion: [1/2] +10/15% Mag
- Focus gameplay: Mobile combat
Saturnalia
- Exclusive to Solstice Strike
- [1] Increases nano-effect chance by 20% on a critical hit
- [2] Increases health by 5%
- [3] Increases damage by 5%
- [4] On a killing blow, 10% chance to restore health and shields for 5 seconds to surrounding allies (Cooldown: 30s)
- The bonuses are badly distributed. [1] is too strong, [2] and [3] are too weak for their position. The synergy lacks a general focus to aim for. Last time I heard the last bonus is not working, but I haven't tested it.
- Suggestion: [1] Increases fire rate by 10%
[2] Increases armor penetration by 15%
[3] On a killing blow, 10% chance to restore health and shields for 5 seconds to surrounding allies (Cooldown: 30s)
[4] Increases nano-effect chance by 20% on a critical hit
- Focus gameplay: Radiation nano, Volge hunting.
Scavenger
- Exclusive to Soleptor Enterprises
- [1/2] +1/2% Drop chance
- [3/4] +10/20% Nano effect chance against out of combat targets
- The first part is unique and quite useful at holiday events. The second part is barely worth it because more often than not works only once per encounter.
- Suggestion: [3/4] +5/10% chance to regain an armor plate on critical kill
Stalker
- [1/2] +5/10% Range and Falloff distance
- [3/4] +5/10% EGO ability Refresh on a critical kill
- Very good synergy for mid and short ranged guns, though the first bonuses could be higher to have a greater impact.
- Suggestion: [1/2] +10/15% Range and Falloff distance
- Focus gameplay: Close-Mid range.
Wetwork
- Exclusive to Corporate Espionage
- [1] On shield break, grant 15% damage for 5s to surrounding allies. (Cooldown: 30s)
- [2] On shield break, gain 15% armor penetration for 5s. (Cooldown: 30s)
- [3] +10% damage when shield is down.
- The first two are good supportive powers though short on duration, the third is a little weak by itself but stacks with the first one for a nice total bonus, plus it has no set duration.
- Suggestion: [1] On shield break, grant 15% damage for 10s to surrounding allies. (Cooldown: 30s)
[2] On shield break, gain 15% armor penetration for 10s. (Cooldown: 30s)- Focus gameplay: Offensive support

Tier 3
EGO precision
- Exclusive to Von Bach Industries
- [1/2] +10/20% Accuracy
- [3/4] +3/6% active EGO ability duration on critical kill.
- Excellent synergy for most bullet weapons. Eclipses other synergies like Rolling Thunder and Run-n-Gun.
- Suggestion: [1/2] +10/20% Aim Accuracy
- Focus gameplay: Mid-Long range
Plate slicer
- Exclusive to New Frontier Harvest
- [1] +10% armor plate damage
- [2] On enemy armor break, +25% armor plate damage for 5 seconds.
- [3] On enemy armor break, 10% chance to fully reload your weapon. (5s cooldown)
- [4] On enemy armor break, gain 3 ablative armor for 10 seconds. (15s cooldown)
- One of the top synergies, very good at support fire. The extra plate damage is almost useless with Bio nano, but that’s a problem with the nano (http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?173561-Elemental-weapons-balance-pass&p=1612945#post1612945), not the synergy.
- Focus gameplay: Anti armor
The Purge
- Exclusive to Hulker Hell
- [1/2] +2/4% Crit Multiplier
- [3] +5% nano-effect chance on a critical hit
- [4] +10% Life Steal
- The last bonus makes this one of the best offense synergies, easily outhealing syphon nano even after its buff. The third bonus is a little weak but is balanced by the fourth, the first two need improvement.
- Suggestion: [1] +5% nano-effect chance on a critical hit.
[2] +15% Accuracy
[3] +15% Crit multiplier
- Focus gameplay: Critical hits, life steal

General suggestions:
- More exclusive pairs/trios like Order and Chaos. Story/event specific weapons are good candidates.
- Mod rewards at arkfalls, arkbreaks, incursions and sieges.
- Legendary mod rewards at the same rate as Legendary weapons from events.
- New kind of synergy: Mod exclusive. Mods of epic+ rarity with the same synergy aplied to a weapon adding a temporal synergy while blocking the original one. The synergy woukld require only 2-3 mods to work and should have a similar effectiveness to backpack synergies. Think of the rune words of diablo II.

A few notes on effects balance:

Bonus power scale
backpack [3] > mod [4] > mod [3] = backpack [2] > mod [2] > mod [1] >= backpack [1]

Offensive power scale
Damage > Crit damage > Rate of fire > Nano chance > Recoil/Bloom > Falloff range

Defensive power scale
Life steal > Armor plate rebuild > Damage reduction > Ablative armor > self revive > Moving speed

Trigger investment scale
Self revive > Low health > Armor break > Damage to health > Enemy armor break > Melee kill > Shield break > Crit kill > Nano kill > Explosive kill > Reload > Kill > Critical hit > Taking damage > Hit

I will do a clean up later

xXxDSMer
05-13-2015, 01:42 PM
http://imgur.com/udL6Efh.jpg

http://www.defiancedata.com/synergy/b=+10%25%20health;+10%25%20shields;1%20plate%20on% 20kill%20cool%20down%2010%20sec;3%20plates%20on%20 kill%20cool%20down%2010%20sec;__name=Juggernaut.jp g

Now that's some good ideas... especially 3&4 change for prepared. Actually makes it more prepared-ish than the current 3&4 of prepared.

xXxDSMer
05-13-2015, 02:04 PM
@BlackTalons:

Prepared
- Exclusive to Top Notch
- [1/2] 1/2% ammo regen /10 seconds
- [3/4] +5/10% damage on next shot after melee kill (expires in 10 secs)
- The first effect, though useful, is quite weak and barely makes any difference. The second one requires getting close for a melee kill for a small increase in the next shot, which sucks for non shotguns.
- Suggestion: [1/2] 3/6% ammo regen/10 seconds
[3/4] +2/2 ablative armor for 5s on armor break. Cooldown 15s.

Prepared could use a bit of a buff in the regen department.

---

7th legion unity
- [2] Reduces shield recharge delay by 0.5 seconds.
- [3]Taking damage when your shield is down increases your movement speed by 30% for 3 seconds. Cooldown 10 seconds.
- The first bonus is too subtle a benefit, though rare enough to be worth it. It is biased towards Youkai shields. The second one is also good with the added effect of working even if your shield has replenished yet.
- Suggestion: [2] Reduces shield recharge delay by 15%.

I'd say more like
[2] Reduces shield recharge delay by 20%.
Still would affect respark as much as it currently does, and higher delay shields would see the benefit of a percent modifier.

---

On that Sat suggestion: hell no.

---

plate slicer: there is no problem with bio, and you're quoting EXTREMELY outdated nano effects info.
Like seriously... take that link out of your sig. Its that dang old of info lol.
& bio + plate slicer work extremely well together.

Scapes
05-13-2015, 06:30 PM
We'll be harvesting your feedback on this topic tomorrow so get your posts up now if you haven't yet!

BlackTalons
05-13-2015, 07:10 PM
Prepared could use a bit of a buff in the regen department.

I would have to test it to give a solid opinion. With 9% ammo every 10 secs (the [1] and [2] bonuses are meant to stack) it takes practically 110s to completely refill the ammo pool. Since it begins whenever there's some ammo missing, it would be almost imposible to hit 0 ammo, and the full recharge should take less than that. In addition, ammo drops will further decrease the time required, and ammo boosts would increase the effectiveness of both sourcess. In the end, is a question of wether the bonus + pickups are capable of suplying a reload's worth of ammo before you have to reload again, which should be no problem except maybe with rocket launchers, detonators, some semi auto rifles and auto pistols. There's always the Scavenger and Assasins cache perks to complement for those extreme cases.

7th legion unity

I'd say more like
[2] Reduces shield recharge delay by 20%.
Still would affect respark as much as it currently does, and higher delay shields would see the benefit of a percent modifier.

As far as I know there can't be resparks with 7th legion unity synergy, and there's currently no equivalent in the vendor. I agree on increasing the bonus though.

On that Sat suggestion: hell no.

I thought the 5% health bonus was pretty lame, and the 5% damage was a bit incosecuential. The meat of the synergy is the area heal and the 20% nano on crit, which IMO is too strong for a first bonus compared to the Nano Mastery syn for example. So I moved it to the end, and instead of the plain bonuses I added stuff that complemented the radiation nano just like the Plate Slicer syn is practically made for bio. Between the fire rate and the nano on crit you would spray the rad effect everywhere, and that along with the extra armor pen + rad perks you would be pretty much demolishing with body shots, which is not really that much better than just critting all the way, only easier. Too imbalanced? Or too weak?

plate slicer: there is no problem with bio, and you're quoting EXTREMELY outdated nano effects info.
Like seriously... take that link out of your sig. Its that dang old of info lol.
& bio + plate slicer work extremely well together.

Bio has had no change since the creation of that post, that means it still does 12.5 times as much damage to armor as other nanos. The problem with the plate slicer syn is that non bio weapons double their armor damage with the [1] bonus (10% -> 20%) which is very noticeable, while for bio the increase is comparatively minimal (125% - > 135%), so the benefit from the synergy comes mostly from the last two effects. I can't arge the two don't work well together, on the contrary, they are horribly OP. I just wish the bio nano could be taken down a notch, like I stated in my old post, and thus benefit more from the syn compared to now. One of these days I will dedicate some time to update the nanos post, but most of the changes proposed there are yet to be implemented.

Jax
05-13-2015, 07:50 PM
http://www.defiancedata.com/synergy/b=+5%25%20Range%20and%20%20Falloff%20Distance;+10% 25%20Range%20and%20Falloff%20Distance;+4%25%20Crit %20;+5%25%20Fire%20rate%20and%20-20%25%20Recoil%20For%2010%20Seconds%20after%20Crit %20Kill%20(15%20Second%20Recharge);__name=Stalker. jpg

http://www.defiancedata.com/synergy/b=5%25%20DMG%20;10%25%20chance%20to%20Restore%20Ar mor%20Plates;Loot%202X%20the%20amount%20of%20Ammo% 20for%20your%20equipped%20Weapon;on%20Crit%20kill% 2020%25%20Fire%20rate%204%25%20Crit%20for%206%20Se conds%20(%2015%20Sec%20Recharge);__name=Lucky%20Ki tty.jpg

idk

Bentu
05-13-2015, 07:59 PM
Hello all!

The Defiance Devs would love to hear your feedback on Synergies. We'll collect this feedback for several days, and then compile it into one glorious document for them to peruse.

Weapon Synergies and Mod Synergies:
How do you feel about them as they are at this time?
What changes or additions would you like to see?

GO!

;-)#
Brasse

(p.s. Hello all! I am the new Director of Community here at Trion, a lifelong gamer and geek - I'll be helping out directly on forums when all other hands are occupied. Otherwise, don't mind me, I'll be over there organizing stuff and tanking for the team.)

I'll give you some bloody feedback.

Why the hell have you got to make the game over bloody complicated?

As it is you can't get the game to play as intended and now you're looking to add more stuff we don't need.

Tidy things up and get the game running as it should be and then look to add some gimmicks.

Johnny Gatt
05-13-2015, 08:09 PM
I would like to see the t3 mod specials appear at their proper mod vendors like the assault and exotic mod vendors.

Before adding new synergies to the game , I think there needs to be improvements to how mods are obtained. The mod specials need to be tweaked to sell more synergy mods. ( No more double no-syn commando scope specials please.) Remove no-synergy mods altogether to keep specials random but increase availability of desirable mods

Make seperate epic mod hoard boxes available in bit store, such as assault, pistol, infector/bmg, det/rocket, etc. Remove ego precision and scavenger syns from the pool in those boxes as well. The RNG sytem is horrible and the main reason I no longer buy anything from the store. ( I used to spend $300-$400 a month in the bit store) I am not going to buy the current box from the store if I know all I will get is an eviscerator stock,a pistol melee stock and two active reload systems.

I have seen my fellow arkhunters posting great ideas for some new synergies-PLEASE!! before rolling out anything new, adjust how we can get the mods by playing the game, otherwise we get stuck trying to buy the shiny new mods from the same few lucky people. 1 Million scrip for the new Alive In Paradise t4 ext. recoil stock anyone ???

I like the idea of t5 synergy mods available as expedition drops, but again, adjust RNG so they will actually drop after certain rounds like 4 or 5

Big Jack Shepard
05-13-2015, 08:10 PM

As it is you can't get the game to play as intended and now you're looking to add more stuff we don't need.

Tidy things up and get the game running as it should be and then look to add some gimmicks.

When you have Bentu at the end of his rope...you are doing something seriously wrong.

I have never seen him make a post like this before.

xXxDSMer
05-13-2015, 10:19 PM
I would have to test it to give a solid opinion. With 9% ammo every 10 secs (the [1] and [2] bonuses are meant to stack) it takes practically 110s to completely refill the ammo pool. Since it begins whenever there's some ammo missing, it would be almost imposible to hit 0 ammo, and the full recharge should take less than that. In addition, ammo drops will further decrease the time required, and ammo boosts would increase the effectiveness of both sourcess. In the end, is a question of wether the bonus + pickups are capable of suplying a reload's worth of ammo before you have to reload again, which should be no problem except maybe with rocket launchers, detonators, some semi auto rifles and auto pistols. There's always the Scavenger and Assasins cache perks to complement for those extreme cases.

As far as I know there can't be resparks with 7th legion unity synergy, and there's currently no equivalent in the vendor. I agree on increasing the bonus though.

I thought the 5% health bonus was pretty lame, and the 5% damage was a bit incosecuential. The meat of the synergy is the area heal and the 20% nano on crit, which IMO is too strong for a first bonus compared to the Nano Mastery syn for example. So I moved it to the end, and instead of the plain bonuses I added stuff that complemented the radiation nano just like the Plate Slicer syn is practically made for bio. Between the fire rate and the nano on crit you would spray the rad effect everywhere, and that along with the extra armor pen + rad perks you would be pretty much demolishing with body shots, which is not really that much better than just critting all the way, only easier. Too imbalanced? Or too weak?

Bio has had no change since the creation of that post, that means it still does 12.5 times as much damage to armor as other nanos. The problem with the plate slicer syn is that non bio weapons double their armor damage with the [1] bonus (10% -> 20%) which is very noticeable, while for bio the increase is comparatively minimal (125% - > 135%), so the benefit from the synergy comes mostly from the last two effects. I can't arge the two don't work well together, on the contrary, they are horribly OP. I just wish the bio nano could be taken down a notch, like I stated in my old post, and thus benefit more from the syn compared to now. One of these days I will dedicate some time to update the nanos post, but most of the changes proposed there are yet to be implemented.

On prepared I'm agreeing 1&2 could use a buff. Currently it's only 3%/10sec :)

On Unity: I do use a regular respark with two unity weapons, making the delay 2 seconds or less. You're thinking correctly on there not being any 7th legion resparks. But 2 unity & regular respark is where I came up with the 20% from, so respark still gets the same effect, and higher delay shields get some kind of noticeable benefit (0.5 seconds isn't much in comparison on a huricaine or rhino - which is what the 7th legion shields are based on)

On Saturnalia: The synergy is just fine as it is, in the game right now. lol

On PL8 and your bio reasoning: It's also fine just how it is right now. Why nerf bio just to have bio get more benefit out of pl8 syn? lol. Just... no. Other specialized nanos do 150% to their certain things (fire&electric). 135% for bio is already lower than that.

And on your linked post: still citing out of date information. ALL nano effects are -10% dmg (from nanoless), electric's been buffed on health, bio is 135% to armor plates (where it should be)... just all kinds of out of date info there.

JOCCO5150
05-13-2015, 11:30 PM
I wouold like to see t5 mods for ever synergy

This would be nice

Thorax The Dark
05-13-2015, 11:35 PM
Heres my list!

Assassin - gives us back our 9%! also perhaps crit mult should be increased by a percentage for a limited time rather it being after next shot , this synergy is useless on infectors

run n gun - increase the accuracy percentage to something more noticable - this does not work with most detonators, rocket launchers bmgs and things of that nature. perhaps include a hip fire accuracy boost

rolling thunder - mag on bmg? 15%? hip fire aim on bmg? infector? rocket launcher? detonator? doesnt work at all. how can my bmg get more mag lol.

grenadier - this one is okay imo although recoil rolls dont work on alot of weapons (detonators, rocket launchers, shotguns , infectors bmgs things of this nature) also the grenade boost does not seem to work with infector bugs from hatchling grenades.

stalker - this one is solid although it doesnt work on most rocket launchers, bmgs, detonators. the range part i am referring too. the crit refresh is nice but the range is a bit underrated and doesnt work on some weapons (does this even matter on snipers?)

cannoneer - this one is really frustrating. 9% increase to a weapon with 2.5 or under makes barely any difference and can be a complete waste of a synergy in some cases. obviously bmgs dont benefit from this, most bolt action snipers dont, same with some snipers in general, big boomers,launchers, shotguns, pistols. the nano effect chance is nice but the time needs to be increased on it

brutal - really... melee dmg... and not on a charge blade.. does anyone really pound enemies that much to make a substantial leap in gameplay to have a melee class? very rarely people do this. brutal mods dont even drop anymore. this one needs to tweaked / removed

quartermaster - the self revive thing needs to go. the reload is always nice but 15% isnt much on some weapons. i suggest using a base multiplier with synergies like you did with new rolls to better give the extra boosts to the weapons.

prepared - first 2 are decent , the other 2 are utterly useless. please remove.. also 10 seconds is a bit long imo 5 seconds should suffice

ego precision - this is a solid synergy imo, seems like accuracy on snipers detonators, launchers infectors and bmgs are useless and a waste of a synergy

scavenger - never use the loot drop aspect as i have no idea how loot tables that percentage pulls from and doesnt seem worth it. the second synergies never made sense to me as well, an under powered synergy

7th legion fury - the dmg on full reload cant be reach well with high mag guns and the other bonuses dont seem to be utilized much with its intended gun pools that actually work with it

back pack synergies - these suck. remove them. it would be easier to remove them then to try and fix these up. most of these are utterly useless and a joke.

the purge - over powered lol

plate slicer - does this work right? 10% chance on armor plate break? maybe 25% chance please

saturnalia -again with the 10% chance lol and the 4th synergy is not very good

heartbreaker - it needs a better passive boost like the rest of the event synergies as this one is left in the dust

going postal - never used it lol for real has anyone?

paradise territory - never used it as none of the guns have ever appealed to me

chimera - meh same with paradise. for the cost these synergies need to be a bit more substantial for them to be worth using

defiant few - fire and electric resist.... such a small percentage for weapons that dont really suit its purpose

wetwork - never used

the way of change - never used

firewall - never used

all in all the loadout synergies are really bad, most of the synergies are applicable to the huge weapon pool we are offered. my opinion to this is to have synergies specific to certain weapon types. bmgs and infectors should have their own synergies, rocket launchers and detonators should have one for them. automatics should have one. pistols etc. its hard to make synergies to go with everything single weapon type you come out with.

if i forgot any synergies my bad, almost been playing 2 years now hope this information helps. the synergies could use alot of love ( same with the ways you go about getting certain mods for certain synergies)

the 4th synergy slot should be THE BEST BONUS. this will give people the incentive to fully mod their weapons , increasing the weapon chase of the game itself. for example

Assassin Synergy should look like:

(1) mild activated effect
(2) increase on mild activated effect
(3) small passive bonus ( this one might work better as a second activated effect with great percentage value, considerably more than the 2 mild effects put together)
(4) large passive boost to player from gun - 9% crit mult , perhaps 10% but hey whos counting.

All im saying is people just throw t5 mods on the guns because the last 2 effects are usually not worth having other than making your gun looking pretty.

there should be a considerable effect at the 4th synergy slot as it is difficult to fully mod a weapon out with the correct mods

and to further the loot chase, since you have made blue mods drop , white mods drop and green mods drop i dont see the point in having the weapon specific mod vendors. if the synergies are increased in percentages / tweaked people will settle for t2 mods if the assassin synergy is improved. let us purchase t3 mods at all times , and t2 mods and t1 mods at all times only without synergies.

they should be a tasking thing to find to make the chase of perfecting your gun that much more rewarding. thank you for reading this
(4) larger passive bonus

Thorax The Dark
05-13-2015, 11:37 PM
When you have Bentu at the end of his rope...you are doing something seriously wrong.

I have never seen him make a post like this before.

i have lol

Hexthat
05-14-2015, 02:40 AM
How about just fix the syn that are suppose to do something yet they do nothing.

Ryu Soba JP
05-14-2015, 04:08 AM
I would like to see some of the synergy perks to be more useful. Most is the % on these are not enough to notice a significant difference.

As for a new synergy:

LIFEBRINGER
2% self revive recharge on a critical kill
6% less damage while reviving another player
Reviving another player recharged
your self revive 10%
45% Chance to revive group members
on self revive

ratpie
05-14-2015, 03:01 PM
chance for shot to go thru enemies.

random fire/lightning/bio/rad/siphon effect.

chance to raise the dead nearby downed friendly's.

chance to spawn a golden hell bug.

chance to spawn a laughing tomato that heals or dmg enemies.

Dyes/patterns for our armor/guns.

Paint guns.

bloody footprints.

electrified or glowing armor/guns.

more dance moves.

a ZZZz sleep button, so i can make a pvp im not really dead sucker macro.

auction house

a flag that shoots out of my pistol that says BANG!

popcorn/ nerf / water gun.

i want to see my backup pistol on my hip or rifle on my back.

a usable knife for silent pvp kills, chance to cloak after a kill.

1% chance to make my enemy dance before death.

kills charge the guns dmg, after not killing anything for a while it slowly powers down.

More blood please!

Bonehead
05-14-2015, 03:13 PM

Have to agree with this mostly.

The whole synergy system seemed too cute by half to me anyway...

Atticus Batman
05-14-2015, 05:14 PM
I said this on the matter in another post and stick by it.

That could be fun though! :D That is also why I made it a backpack. Personally I think backpack synergies SHOULD be better than mod synergies. For a mod synergy you can just throw mods on one weapon and then use another mod syn gun as well, and make use of 2 synergies back to back.

Backpack synergies require you to lock in 2 or 3 pieces of gear with that synergy. So since it therefore requires more dedication to use that synergy, then a backpack should be the better synergy.

Niner82
05-14-2015, 05:34 PM
Fix the synergies that have broken parts, please.

CM Kiwibird
05-15-2015, 10:02 AM
Hey all, thanks for the feedback! This information will be passed to the development team today.

PTR47
05-15-2015, 11:24 AM
If you're going to adjust synergies, can you PLEASE PLEASE let us see what's already on our guns?

CM Kiwibird
05-15-2015, 11:39 AM
If you're going to adjust synergies, can you PLEASE PLEASE let us see what's already on our guns?

Hey there, we double checked with the team on this topic. We have a fix for this in the works and it's currently being tested. Unfortunately we don't have an ETA for this just yet as we're still testing the fix, but when we do we will be sure to share with you. :o

PTR47
05-15-2015, 12:12 PM
Hey there, we double checked with the team on this topic. We have a fix for this in the works and it's currently being tested. Unfortunately we don't have an ETA for this just yet as we're still testing the fix, but when we do we will be sure to share with you. :o

That's great news. Thank you!

Ray8888
05-15-2015, 09:55 PM
On Saturnalia: The synergy is just fine as it is, in the game right now. lol

Not picking on you, a few have said this in here but... the fourth syn doesnt work at all. I dont think thats working as intended.

xXxDSMer
05-16-2015, 10:37 AM
Not picking on you, a few have said this in here but... the fourth syn doesnt work at all. I dont think thats working as intended.

If 4th syn of Sat isn't working, then it should be fixed... but I see no reason to readjust the order of the syn either way :)

Tex_Arcana
05-17-2015, 02:45 PM
Purge - Very well liked and widely used for the 4th effect. It was probably the right call not to make converters available in this syn, so that lack of versatility balances its power.Would like to have seen converters with the exception of syphon.

Except that then it would be the only Syn anyone would want.
As it is; Purge is powerful enough.

Ashlocke
05-21-2015, 04:57 PM
I would love it if synergies were 100% useful on *ALL* of the weapons they end up on. I hate seeing a good synergy pop up on an infector or BMG for example and half or sometimes ALL of the bonuses are completely useless on that type of weapon. If you need to create brand spanking new synergies specifically for those weird weapons, then do that.

My take on backpack synergies is basically, they are mostly useless and those that aren't are so inferior as to not be worth the trouble to find a pair of like weapons to equip. 5% extra damage on the last shot in a clip, which usually ends up being shot at thin air while you are busy unloading the full clip to kill one single foe. Some minor extra damage to a target with full health and shields is a creature that pretty much doesn't exist when you are surrounded by 40 hyperactive arkhunters. It's stuff like that, that makes me really not like backpack synergies.

An off the top of my head alternative would be to have them provide 4 bonuses just like the quad-mod synergies. 1st bonuses = just for equipping the weapon, 2nd bonus = for pairing the weapon with a like synergy weapon, 3rd bonus = fully modding one weapon, 4th bonus = fully modding both weapons. (I.E. having all 4 mod slots filled = fully modding a weapon. And yes, to be clear, that doesn't require a specific mod synergy to do, just simply putting any applicable mod into each slot)

DeMoNofDEATH
05-21-2015, 05:07 PM
prepared synergy could be reworked the 1st two are good the ammo regen, but the 3rd and 4th and kinda useless in my opinion, I dont think anyone uses these 3rd and 4th synergy slots

pretty much anything to do with melee in a shooter is not beneficial for me