PDA

View Full Version : Players in Expeditions dashing out to farm the boss rewards over & over.

Nefarious
05-07-2015, 09:06 PM
So its been posted already and talked about a bit but never in detail as to what it is exactly. And I wasn't going to say anything. But because of this I and Im sure others have been kicked out of groups during the boss battle by those who farm this Exploit. And it has gotten annoying when I get to the end of an Expedition by myself just get to the boss and be met by others who are farming it and vote to kick me, leaving me needing to re-enter the Expedition to restart my final round leading up to the boss all over.

So its pretty simple on how this goes down.

*Players in cahoots play through an Expedition to reach the boss.

*After killing the boss it drops loot.

*Players pick loot up then disconnect/dash out.

*Players then re-enter the Expiditon to do the boss fight again to kill it, pick up the loot, then dash out again just to re-enter to redo it over and over?

A idea to fix this?

Have it so that the rewards for completing an Expedition don't come from killing the boss and picking them up off the ground but granted at the score board/completion screen in form of a 'Expedition Stash', just as Ark Falls/Incursions/Warmaster/Instances do with their rewards for completion.

Ryu Soba JP
05-07-2015, 09:18 PM
Yikes. Good thing I've only done an expedition twice. I'll wait till it's more stable before I spend req's again.

JOCCO5150
05-07-2015, 09:35 PM
I don't see how this would work, considering that if you get dc turn off your system during an expedition you have to start the whole round over not just the section you were on

Nefarious
05-07-2015, 10:58 PM
Ive noticed players doing it sometime after Expeditions launched. Maybe it got fixed and players are still trying to attempt it.

Ive been part of a couple of groups who were verbal about it. Ive been part of groups when the other 3 ppl are all clan mates and the moment the boss dies and they loot it then they all vanish. They dashed out. Why? Something's up.

duction
05-07-2015, 11:02 PM
Wow this is crazy.

Duke_Shambles
05-07-2015, 11:11 PM
So if you dash/DC after the boss dies but before the timer, your tier/round doesn't go up? so they're doing this to freeze difficulty to get more loot runs instead of the difficulty going up and eventually causing them to start over and spend another req...

JOCCO5150
05-07-2015, 11:20 PM
So if you dash/DC after the boss dies but before the timer, your tier/round doesn't go up? so they're doing this to freeze difficulty to get more loot runs instead of the difficulty going up and eventually causing them to start over and spend another req...

I could see people doing that. But they won't start at the boss. Have to do the whole round over.

SirServed
05-07-2015, 11:39 PM
I don't see how this would work, considering that if you get dc turn off your system during an expedition you have to start the whole round over not just the section you were on
It carries the benefit of halting the difficulty for the same level of reward.

WhiteStrike
05-07-2015, 11:46 PM

This is why the Tier should be raised as soon as the boss dies.

JOCCO5150
05-08-2015, 12:04 AM

I understand that, but the original post sounds as if he says they are just doing the boss fight over and over.

Midnight
05-08-2015, 12:39 AM
Ive noticed players doing it sometime after Expeditions launched. Maybe it got fixed and players are still trying to attempt it.

Ive been part of a couple of groups who were verbal about it. Ive been part of groups when the other 3 ppl are all clan mates and the moment the boss dies and they loot it then they all vanish. They dashed out. Why? Something's up.

Something's up alright...disconnects are up...game stability is down

duction
05-08-2015, 01:18 AM
Maybe it's harmless and they get put in a map that's very lagged or has a lot of phasing. Sometimes I jump out a map of I get the wrong map to what I want to play.

Ray8888
05-08-2015, 05:02 AM
Pretty stupid IMO. I wanna get to the highest tier I can. Expos are time consuming enough without doing the same round over and over.

Yet another reason not to pug.

Tura Satana
05-08-2015, 05:13 AM
If they make the loot rewarded at the scoreboard then what if your inventory is full? If they let it go into claims then you have another farming issue as people will be giving rigs and chips to all their extra characters. I suppose they could make it so if you dont have space, then no reward for you..

Also if its rewarded at the scoreboard then you can finish the round incapacitated and still receive the rewards. Just a thought.. I dunno how significant that is.. if at all.

Meee
05-08-2015, 05:16 AM
Yeah Idk bout this one . Seems a lil fishy . If you get dc ( which I have a lot ) you get put back to the start . If you get dc after boss fight before the timer stops ( which I have ) you get put back to the start . Everyone else who actually finishes it gets moved on to the next round / tier . So at that point you have the option to join then at the tier keep your round and they will just be higher then you getting better loot fighting the same stuff

Holy Bahamut3
05-08-2015, 05:34 AM
This is probably bug related, on consoles Nefarious, I'd submit a ticket.

mr8liner
05-08-2015, 07:21 AM
I had this happen to me last night. Was in alone solo. I was looking through my inventory to change weapons. When I got out I noticed there were to people there. Next thing I knew i was in a loading screen. MY simple solution to thisis, If I don't know you, you are getting kicked.

THe best way to put a stop to this is if people want to vote to kick you, it cost them a HR, those Hr's go to the player that got kicked. The more you kick people the more HR's it cost you. If they were to do this getting kicked would stop over night. I do think this kicking is BS. The only time you should be able to kick someone is if someone in your group dc'ed and someone joined in while you were waiting for them to come back. If a expedition or even co-op maps is started with 4 people, those 4 who started it CAN NOT be kick for any reason