PDA

View Full Version : Unkillable's "Intelligent PvP Community" Thread - Info & Opinion -

Unkillable
04-05-2013, 11:23 AM
If you are looking at this then you realize why this thread had to be made. You have experience in MMO gaming, regardless of age, you have played dozens and dozens of MMO and multi-player PC games. You have no idea why these forums are filled with threads that, if you can actually read them, don't make sense anyway.

In no real order:

1. When you enter a pvp match and you hear other peoples odd MIC sounds:
A. press Esc
B. HOLD THE SPACE BAR
C. MOUSE DOWN TO THE LEFT BOTTOM AND PICK SETTINGS
D. GO TO SOUND SETTINGS AND CLICK THE VOIP BUTTON (EVEN IF ITS SET TO OFF) CLICK IT ONCE THEN ONE MORE TIME TO SET IT BACK TO "OFF"
D. PRESS ESC, and you dont have to hear it....AT ALL. FIXED.

2. Im so sorry about putting that in caps but i think people need to know where to find that solution, seems like people are turned away from pvping even if they wanted to just because of broken voip.

3. I am getting quite tired of coming to these forums to find some good information and discussions and finding nothing but childish rants and bad inexperienced perspectives. The things that seem important to me and should be important to other players who focus on PvP, have barely been touched upon.

That was a little intro into what i think needs to be worked on which i outline below:

1. Shadow War NEVER pops. It Just doesn't. Peak Hours or not. hovers at the low 20's for me (22-25 people left before the match can start)

2. I played in Alpha and I knew where to Que up for pvp (UI wise) New players probably have no idea where to even Que up for pvp the first many hours they play the game.

FIX this, make a small tut that pops up after some of the first quests are done and say, "would you like to learn how to Que up for pvp?" dont force them to play a match or any BS like that.

3. Where the $%& is Co-OP? do you have to unlock it with some sort of story quest? does it unlock with EGO rating? im not a PVE guy but that might be the only kind of real PVE i might do later on...

That shouldn't need to be unlocked by any means, pvp or Co-op from the instant Que menu, make your game playable Trion, accessible and playable.

4. Weapon acquisition, finding a new weapon/ shopping for a weapon/ obtaining new weapons = Badly designed all around. having random chests to buy with resources or bits is great i understand that way of getting random gear for a cost. This whole fast travel to go to every vendor on the map looking at loading screens for 5 mins total, SUCKS. then you case every vendor to find a new weapon, i think a better system needs to be set in place here.

5. Balance takes Balance. i have no real issue with weapon balance and pvp at this stage. i know things will get better as Trion learns how people like to play their game.

6. I don't have many people to play with right now (clan or friends) so i haven't been able to test the Pre-Made pvp team allowances. has anyone done any Pre-mades?

i feel as if the 6v6 matches were almost always pre-made opposing teams for me and my rag-tag-crew of have-nots. So to alleviate this i started Queing for 8v8 matches ONLY. this helped me get more wins because (i thought) i was staying away from a game-type that premades can easily dominate. hope that bit helps, let me know if premades are allowed or even being used atm.

7. Modding weapons = Questions:

some weapons available to "ADD MOD SLOTS" other just randomly don't have this option. i would like to know the reason for this? better: HOW CAN I TELL, from looking at the item if it can have mod slots added?

Are we supposed to fast travel all over the map for hours to find the good weapon attachments too? once we find a weapon we really want to use and boost up and upgrade?

*is this what this game is about? pvp lobby game with open world lobby? when shadow war doesnt pop and co-op disabled? (sry random rant)*

8. UI and GUI section:

the Inventory screen to switch weapons need to be (un-XBOX'ed) that window is ridiculous. i try to scroll my weapons list and 90% of the time the UI bugs and Flash Fast pages scrolls uncontrollably through ALL of my weapons then stops at the last one. bad <

I don't mind most of the UI and the Wheel design (press and HOLD space bar after you press ESC) is a great design in itself.

Some big sensitivity in menu issues in the UI, mouse clicks a drags happen to fast.

Having the majority of "equip and un-equip" and "accept" buttons down at the very bottom may work for console kids, but in PC land most people may give up on playing or attempting that adjustment if you keep the PC UI this way.

I intended to give the Intelligent players of the PvP brand some kind of ground to stand on here, long wall of text it is yes, but i feel it is needed to gather this info in one thread. please guys don't let these goofy kids ruin a game with this much potential, the SCI-FI MMO FPS crowd finally has a title run by a company that knows how to patch, support and expand an MMO game.

Go to town guys, this company actually listens to feedback, I'm warning you guys Trion always does what THEY think is best, but its OUR info that helps them make their decision!

Unkillable

Unkillable
04-05-2013, 11:55 AM
Reserved for later.

Zelroc
04-05-2013, 01:05 PM
In regards to you #3 question, you have to unlock them via story quests. The story quests that unlock the raids are solo missions. At least to my knowledge so far. I have unlocked the first 3. If you would like to play them without going through all the story to try them out feel free to add me. Zelroc

Escalith
04-05-2013, 02:54 PM
3. Where the $%& is Co-OP? do you have to unlock it with some sort of story quest? does it unlock with EGO rating? im not a PVE guy but that might be the only kind of real PVE i might do later on...

That shouldn't need to be unlocked by any means, pvp or Co-op from the instant Que menu, make your game playable Trion, accessible and playable.

4. Weapon acquisition, finding a new weapon/ shopping for a weapon/ obtaining new weapons = Badly designed all around. having random chests to buy with resources or bits is great i understand that way of getting random gear for a cost. This whole fast travel to go to every vendor on the map looking at loading screens for 5 mins total, SUCKS. then you case every vendor to find a new weapon, i think a better system needs to be set in place here.

#3 - As to my knowledge and what I've seen occur is that Co-Ops are unlocked as you increase your EGO Rating, and //IIRC// you need around 400-500 to unlock all of them. It's not too far into the game as I am starting on the third map now and got roughly 650'ish EGO Rating.

I believe it's smart to stagger the unlock of Co Op missions as, you play with other people and while gear doesn't matter //as much// - knowing the enemies you face and having a better understanding of the game post the basic tutorial is detrimental to not be dragged along, dying repeatedly while three people ''carry'' you through the mission.
It's less of a 'I want to do this, so let me do it!' but more of a 'Other people play with you, we want to ensure a certain game ''skill''//''knowledge'' before popping you into Co Op missions' (I roughly assume that's the intent, as it's the most logical)

#4 Vendors are most set to be the basic weapon vendors. Green weapons with x-4 slots, giving you an easy way to test out and play around with things. I know it might sound crazy but you don't need an orange weapon to deal adequate damage.

Between a green vendor weapon & a blue weapon is generally a small mod. 10% faster reload. 10% more melee damage. 5 more bullets per magazine. Those things aren't gamebreaking, and while holding an orange weapon of course is stronger than a green one, the difference isn't /that/ great. Also you will come across reputation vendors where you can purchase purple weapons of all shapes and sizes.

While true, that random mods and weapon boxes are fairly annoying, for me - I just hope for the best and if there's something I can't/won't use but know is good, I'll just give it to a friend. And they do the same. So it's not just me opening one box, it's //us// opening //several// and then sharing. It doesn't make the system better, but far more bearable.