PDA

View Full Version : Map Size

Sharingan
04-05-2013, 11:39 AM
Are those HUGE grayed out areas part of the map we have to unlock? Or are they just like huge gray areas that we can never go into?

PixieStix
04-05-2013, 11:40 AM
Closed at this moment. They might be areas for DLC.

Sharingan
04-05-2013, 11:43 AM
Then this game has a REALLY small map...

Sharingan
04-05-2013, 11:53 AM
r u 100% shur?

hardy83
04-05-2013, 12:04 PM
What you see is what there is right now. I personally don't think it's that small, but I guess for an MMO, some might find it small.
There are 5 DLC components, so I'm sure they'll add some more areas, it would be odd for them to make the map so big if they were only going to limit the area we have now, especially the north west part.

SlashZaku
04-05-2013, 12:06 PM
What you see is what there is right now. I personally don't think it's that small, but I guess for an MMO.This is my current opinion. I thought the map was pretty big and was kind of confused about people saying it was small but this is my first MMO so I can't compare to how big maps are in other ones.

Sharingan
04-05-2013, 12:15 PM
Compared to guild wars 2 it's extremely small.

EdgeTW
04-05-2013, 12:19 PM
Closed at this moment. They might be areas for DLC.

I wouldn't count on too much expansion happening with that DLC content. They've been accused of holding content back for DLC and have stated a few times that they're holding nothing back, that we're getting everything they have at launch. Well, (if true) that's 5 years of development you're looking at, so what can we really expect with a few months of dev time on a DLC release? For whatever reason, map development time seems to be going extremely slow.

hardy83
04-05-2013, 12:25 PM
I wouldn't count on too much expansion happening with that DLC content. They've been accused of holding content back for DLC and have stated a few times that they're holding nothing back, that we're getting everything they have at launch. Well, that's 5 years of development you're looking at, so what can we really expect with a few months of dev time on a DLC release? For whatever reason, map development time seems to be going extremely slow.

This might be one of the downsides of a game being released to run along with a show. We're at the mercy of the shows schedules, which other MMOs don't have to deal with. Content may be locked out due to the show not being out yet.
I bet you anything we'll get more free episode quests, we just have to wait for the show to get to x point.

Is that a downside? Absolutely. It can also be seen as good depending on the person.

PixieStix
04-05-2013, 12:26 PM
r u 100% shur?

Yes. It's only what you see.