PDA

View Full Version : Its time to talk about the Vets broken RNG

Crack
05-10-2015, 08:41 AM
As most of us day/year one vets know (per direct personal Dev support), we have a stuck RNG attatched to our charactors thats causing our Legendary pulls/drops to less than nil. Several of us have been told that the only solution is to delete them and have them restored. BUT we cant bring ourselves to do that being the dev(s) said they couldnt guarentee it would fix the problem, and (the scariest part) not being able to guarentee all items would be restored.

Us old school die-hard game supporters cringe everytime we hear/see all the gear these new players pull on a daily basis compared to the one oj a week the 8 of us pull as a group total.

Lets at least start talking about a solution or at least testing something...please.

Xbox NA
gt CrackerLV

Lazerus
05-10-2015, 08:45 AM
wait what?
is that Xbox exclusive, or does it affect me as a PC player too?
Just started again two day ago again (left after the first month)...now if that is true, i quit

PithHelmetIrath
05-10-2015, 09:23 AM
Lets at least start talking about a solution or at least testing something...please.

Sounds like a great idea to me..

mr8liner
05-10-2015, 10:46 AM
I believe they would rather see us Vets leave the game. I think they are only concerned about the free to play, players. In their mind they are the ones who will make them the most money. I think that is the wrong way to think. To get more money from Vets they need to have something in the store that we like and that is worth spending money on.

Like this new bundle thing they have. Why cant everything go into claims , so you can pick out what is needed to what ever toon needs it. The only thing in that bundle my 6k toons would need would be the 2kAF, but that is not enough to make me spend $100. The boomer is nice, but again not worth spending $100 on.

I couldn't agree with the OP more on this though. I know people that are vets and durning the events they are lucky to pull one oj. Their weekly presents give them the same gun each week. For me the rng is pretty bad, I would rather spend my keys on T3 boxes, then to get the T4 box. I know what I'll get from the T4 3 blues a purple and useless grenades or a spike or stim. And forget about getting the jackpot.

I did the last 5 minutes of a seige at ken farms and there wasn't one green or better weapon on the ground. At one point in time there would have been so many that I would have to breakdown items a few times durning one.

The will to play is getting lost by each day that passes. You look forward to new things coming out but within a month it is already old and borning.

Lets not forget about Alctraz. The father you go the better the rewards. That there is a BS line. The only time you get items is when there is a GS, ambush , supply crate or end boss. The larger guys dont drop anything at all, and they take alot of bullets and time to kill. At some point they should be dropping items. ( round 3 and higher)

That's enough for my rant. It would be nice if Trion would look at this stuff, but I wont hold my breath. I suggest you don't either...............

Deadeye Joe
05-10-2015, 10:48 AM
this should be a priority, the game is unrewarding as it is, what with lag, disconnection etc. Not only that but it effects everyone eventually and some people waste money on bit boxes too. If there is a reduced drop rate the longer you play, people should be made aware of that before purchasing. Don't be lazy trion, try and show a little good will towards your long time supporters and customers

Dragon06
05-10-2015, 11:11 AM
I continue to buy lock boxes where all I do is vendor everything. Have never gotten a named anything from one and think my count for OJ's is 2 or 3. I normally buy one lock box per day. Drops at events or anything is dismal. It is frustrating at best and annoying enough to consider to stop playing. I think the more you play, then you RNG chances should get better. I paid for the game, paid for patron passes, use bits, etc. I support this game with cash and time, you would think that we should at least get consideration.

Lazerus
05-10-2015, 12:14 PM
So from all the comments here, it seems like its realy a thing...
how the heck is that even possible? since when is it a thing to put the RNG loot into the player data? why isnt that a global thing? thats just...illogical.

Crack
05-10-2015, 02:34 PM
So from all the comments here, it seems like its realy a thing...
how the heck is that even possible? since when is it a thing to put the RNG loot into the player data? why isnt that a global thing? thats just...illogical.

It is a global thing now, but wasnt always that way. Some of us are double affected by the RNG, meaning we have two RNGs stacked against us. One attached to our account and the global one all others are controlled by. So we have a percent of everyone elses low chance at high tier gear drops. The change happened at or near the time they changed the cost to convert salvage to keys, or maybe when they removed ojs from T2s...I dont remember, but it happened to us suddenly. I went from 5-7 ojs from a single 10hr grindfest day, to MAYBE one a week.

Lazerus
05-10-2015, 02:40 PM
It is a global thing now, but wasnt always that way. Some of us are double affected by the RNG, meaning we have two RNGs stacked against us. One attached to our account and the global one all others are controlled by. So we have a percent of everyone elses low chance at high tier gear drops. The change happened at or near the time they changed the cost to convert salvage to keys, or maybe when they removed ojs from T2s...I dont remember, but it happened to us suddenly. I went from 5-7 ojs from a single 10hr grindfest day, to MAYBE one a week.
why havnt they run a script then that removes that entry from all the existing accounts?
Isnt that just a database entry that they should be able to search and delete?
How long ago was that? i mean seriously...at release it took them ages to release new things or actually fix bugs, hell as far as i remember they laid off several developer teams back then and delayed things even further. if thats still the same now, how is it possible that defiance is still running? o.O

also you said "some of us", what does that mean? how can you find out who is affected, or is it just in general all the veterans from back then?
(also what is ojs? i think its the orange legendary stuff, but what exactly does ojs mean?)

Dragon06
05-10-2015, 02:42 PM
I am lucky to get one OJ once or twice a month. And I play every day for a few hours.

Dixie Cougar
05-10-2015, 02:43 PM
Where exactly is the proof of this alleged account RNG?

Best way to cut down on these rumors incidentally is reduce the amount of RNG dependence in the loot system.

Crack
05-10-2015, 03:02 PM
Where exactly is the proof of this alleged account RNG?

Best way to cut down on these rumors incidentally is reduce the amount of RNG dependence in the loot system.

oh come on now...you've been around gaming long enough to know companies/dev team dont discuss problems out in the open. You only see it in a patch note when they think they found a possible solution. ;)

mystickaldj
05-10-2015, 03:09 PM
totally agree with this. i hit the lockbox many times a day, and get nothing but vendor stuff. throughout the whole event, i got no drops except vendor stuff. whereas i seen lots of people saying they pulled the named weps everyday in the zone, me and my clan we hit every major arkfall we seen and not one of us (about 30-40 people) got a named wep during the event except from the weekly and some of us got multiples of the same wep. it is definitely time for a change in the RNG cause this is ridiculous. it is only logical for you devs to think about the vets rather than making money off the F2P players. this game is (and has been mentioned before) turned into a pay to win type of game.

what about the new arkhunter bundle.....aimed at F2P players getting them to purchase something for stuff that initially sucks....i personally have purchased the ultimate edition and i have messaged phantasie 4 days ago (yet to receive and message back) asking since i purchased the ultimate edition if there was a way if i bought it for me to get at least a different outfit, different boost, something in replace of the loadouts cause i am capped at 6000 ego, all weps at 20, already have the vbi infiltrator outfit, so that stuff makes no mind to me. if your going to release something like that at least release something that will be beneficial to the vets who have the ultimate edition. and no weps that are nanoless, synergyless, encrypted at purple, untradeable, unvendorable that is just ridiculous. what was the point in that? and the sledge hammer......really????? you throw a new name on the autumns scourge and put a worthless synergy on a boomer....cannoneer....really??? what use is fire rate for a boomer when fire rate is not even in the list whereas dmg blast radius etc. if your gonna put something on there make a new syn for it and keep a wep with a syn that matters to that wep.

sorry for the rant just throwing this out there

Crack
05-10-2015, 03:15 PM
why havnt they run a script then that removes that entry from all the existing accounts?
Isnt that just a database entry that they should be able to search and delete?
How long ago was that? i mean seriously...at release it took them ages to release new things or actually fix bugs, hell as far as i remember they laid off several developer teams back then and delayed things even further. if thats still the same now, how is it possible that defiance is still running? o.O

also you said "some of us", what does that mean? how can you find out who is affected, or is it just in general all the veterans from back then?
(also what is ojs? i think its the orange legendary stuff, but what exactly does ojs mean?)

oj is Orange meaning legendary.

We've never discussed the file structure of account creations, but the way it was explained to some sounds equivalent to an "in-use" dat file. You can see it, but you cant delete/edit/move the file. But Ive not been told that personally...just assuming being its something Ive dealt with in the past as a network engineer.

mr8liner
05-10-2015, 03:15 PM
totally agree with this. i hit the lockbox many times a day, and get nothing but vendor stuff. throughout the whole event, i got no drops except vendor stuff. whereas i seen lots of people saying they pulled the named weps everyday in the zone, me and my clan we hit every major arkfall we seen and not one of us (about 30-40 people) got a named wep during the event except from the weekly and some of us got multiples of the same wep. it is definitely time for a change in the RNG cause this is ridiculous. it is only logical for you devs to think about the vets rather than making money off the F2P players. this game is (and has been mentioned before) turned into a pay to win type of game.

what about the new arkhunter bundle.....aimed at F2P players getting them to purchase something for stuff that initially sucks....i personally have purchased the ultimate edition and i have messaged phantasie 4 days ago (yet to receive and message back) asking since i purchased the ultimate edition if there was a way if i bought it for me to get at least a different outfit, different boost, something in replace of the loadouts cause i am capped at 6000 ego, all weps at 20, already have the vbi infiltrator outfit, so that stuff makes no mind to me. if your going to release something like that at least release something that will be beneficial to the vets who have the ultimate edition. and no weps that are nanoless, synergyless, encrypted at purple, untradeable, unvendorable that is just ridiculous. what was the point in that? and the sledge hammer......really????? you throw a new name on the autumns scourge and put a worthless synergy on a boomer....cannoneer....really??? what use is fire rate for a boomer when fire rate is not even in the list whereas dmg blast radius etc. if your gonna put something on there make a new syn for it and keep a wep with a syn that matters to that wep.

sorry for the rant just throwing this out there

Just a thought here, but if everything in that is junk why did you spend the money on it?? I think everything in there isn't worth it. Would make it better if everything went into claims, but that still wouldn't make up for the price of it.

mystickaldj
05-10-2015, 03:23 PM
Just a thought here, but if everything in that is junk why did you spend the money on it?? I think everything in there isn't worth it. Would make it better if everything went into claims, but that still wouldn't make up for the price of it.

i did not purchase the new arkhunter bundle........i purchased the ultimate edition off of ebay

mr8liner
05-10-2015, 03:25 PM
If this Rng is true, I think the nobel thing for trion to do is to refund every bit for the vets that bought any box for bits. No wonder why I always get trash from them. It's a good thing I don't buy many of them. I bought 10 of the new Alcatraz boxes and got the min. Not one oj from 10. That is sad. You would think that if your paying money you have have better luck getting the better items. No wonder why "they" are tight for money.

There are two types of RNG in this world

1. a Rng that applies to everyone the same and

2. The Trion RNG. The more loyal you are to the game the worse the Rng gets for you.

I threw quite a bit of money into this game, but I do know one thing. FRom the way we are treated here, after I am done with this game, they will never see another penny from me. Said thing for them too. I am the type of player they need. I like to spend money and if I see something I like I buy it.

It would be nice if they would but out some reply to this RNG problem. I don't think they will, but it would be a smart business move.

This is why all of the F2P players are getting the good loot. There is one thing Trion keeps forgetting though. IF it wasn't for the vets playing the game and spending the money, the game never would have lasted long enough for it to go F2P.
The time has come that they remember that, and start fixing what they are messing up

mystickaldj
05-10-2015, 03:28 PM
If this Rng is true, I think the nobel thing for trion to do is to refund every bit for the vets that bought any box for bits. No wonder why I always get trash from them. It's a good thing I don't buy many of them. I bought 10 of the new Alcatraz boxes and got the min. Not one oj from 10. That is sad. You would think that if your paying money you have have better luck getting the better items. No wonder why "they" are tight for money.

There are two types of RNG in this world

1. a Rng that applies to everyone the same and

2. The Trion RNG. The more loyal you are to the game the worse the Rng gets for you.

I threw quite a bit of money into this game, but I do know one thing. FRom the way we are treated here, after I am done with this game, they will never see another penny from me. Said thing for them too. I am the type of player they need. I like to spend money and if I see something I like I buy it.

It would be nice if they would but out some reply to this RNG problem. I don't think they will, but it would be a smart business move.

This is why all of the F2P players are getting the good loot. There is one thing Trion keeps forgetting though. IF it wasn't for the vets playing the game and spending the money, the game never would have lasted long enough for it to go F2P.
The time has come that they remember that, and start fixing what they are messing up

like the warmaster issue that they never acknowledged.....the people that bought the dlc they have issues with warmaster....yea if they see it not being something that benefits them then they ignore it...plain and simple. which is why im surprised i never got a response back about that $100 bundle cause that involves them making money but yet im not surprised cause that means they have to do something to change what people get

Bentu
05-10-2015, 05:05 PM
I don't know enough about how rng works but if they have the ability to adjust it then it's not rng imo. I'm not saying I haven't had my fair share of ojs but the majority haven't been worth pulling and that has definitely put me off even considering buying the t4s for bits.

Hellstr1ke
05-10-2015, 09:47 PM
Something definitely happened between lock box changes and F2P, I left the game awhile back before box changes and I used to be able to pull OJ's almost daily, and when I came back to the game during the Thanksgiving event till now I will MAYBE pull one once a week IF I'm very lucky, no matter how long I'm online or how many Incurions/lockboxes/Sieges I get in the best I seem to get are purples.

I honestly don't even see why green and blue exists anymore, you cant bring them all up to OJ, why not just make everything purple, since there seems to be barely any OJ drops anyway Trion would make a fortune on Arkforge from people wanting to make perfect rolled purples into Oj's.

(Thinking about it, that could already be exactly why drop rates are lower)

Dixie Cougar
05-10-2015, 10:08 PM
oh come on now...you've been around gaming long enough to know companies/dev team dont discuss problems out in the open. You only see it in a patch note when they think they found a possible solution. ;)

As most of us day/year one vets know (per direct personal Dev support), we have a stuck RNG attatched to our charactors thats causing our Legendary pulls/drops to less than nil.

You made it sound like there's a smoking gun.

richardkrainium
05-11-2015, 02:12 AM
pulled 1 respark when it was the jackpot and then nothing from any of the other jackpots..now dont even try to say your unlucky especially when after opening easily 400 boxes and still nothing and yet a guy that started a week ago just pulled 3

Lithova
05-11-2015, 02:29 AM
I don't think Trion has the ability to fix the current RNG system, they can't even fix the first generation Raptors their solution to that was to make an entirely new one. Plus I doubt they even care about the current RNG system as its been something a lot of players and not just Vets alone that have complained about it. I recall at one point in a previous livestream they stated that the RNG is at a level they are comfortable with. In other words they won't be making any other changes to it anytime soon if at all.

Mr B
05-11-2015, 02:54 AM
As most of us day/year one vets know (per direct personal Dev support), we have a stuck RNG attatched to our charactors thats causing our Legendary pulls/drops to less than nil. Several of us have been told that the only solution is to delete them and have them restored. BUT we cant bring ourselves to do that being the dev(s) said they couldnt guarentee it would fix the problem, and (the scariest part) not being able to guarentee all items would be restored.

Us old school die-hard game supporters cringe everytime we hear/see all the gear these new players pull on a daily basis compared to the one oj a week the 8 of us pull as a group total.

Xbox NA
gt CrackerLV

What the hell is that?
I really have a hard time believing this.

I'm a day 1 player, and my rng luck has been quite consistent from that day.Meaning, for the most part, it sucked lol.
But that's the way Rng works, it's RANDOM.Some ppl are luckier than others, of course, that's the law of random things.

Stop playing this game if you guys are still whinning about the reward system in this game, this kind of topic appears on front page once a month since game launched.

That being said, would be nice to have a dev take the time to explain/deny/confirm.

MagnusRune Daltus
05-11-2015, 03:50 AM
That being said, would be nice to have a dev take the time to explain/deny/confirm.

problem there is that if they confirm different player IDs give better or worse RNG, people will demand better RNG player IDs to be given to them. and if they say its not true, people will say, but look at all our evidence! they must be lying to us!

personally i have had 1 jackpot gun... and when i play i open at least 1 64key box a day. and under the 1st 4 holiday events, apart from weekly gits.. i got NO oranges from arkfalls. clan mates got an oj on a score of 7000ish, they killed 2 things, then 5k points for finishing event, had been there for 30 seconds.

Mr B
05-11-2015, 05:01 AM
problem there is that if they confirm different player IDs give better or worse RNG, people will demand better RNG player IDs to be given to them. and if they say its not true, people will say, but look at all our evidence! they must be lying to us!

personally i have had 1 jackpot gun... and when i play i open at least 1 64key box a day. and under the 1st 4 holiday events, apart from weekly gits.. i got NO oranges from arkfalls. clan mates got an oj on a score of 7000ish, they killed 2 things, then 5k points for finishing event, had been there for 30 seconds.

True lol.Endless loop. :D
But this "conspiracy theory" is really starting to become funny, actually.Or ridiculous.I don't know.

Deadeye Joe
05-11-2015, 05:17 AM
True lol.Endless loop. :D
But this "conspiracy theory" is really starting to become funny, actually.Or ridiculous.I don't know.

conspiracies are a lot like stereotypes... they are all rooted in truth. If a majority of people all notice a trending issue it becomes apparent that some inquiries need to be made. no one so far has made the mistake of claiming factual superiority in their arguments, this is all conjecture. but wake up and smell the pow dung matey, it's mighty strong around this issue. if the game is dishing out a reduced RNG for long time players, fine. but if people are paying for lockboxes with that same reduction it is not only exploitative, but it is discouraging marketing for those that have shown the most customer loyalty across 2 years.

Crack
05-11-2015, 06:00 AM
What the hell is that?
I really have a hard time believing this.

I'm a day 1 player, and my rng luck has been quite consistent from that day.Meaning, for the most part, it sucked lol.
But that's the way Rng works, it's RANDOM.Some ppl are luckier than others, of course, that's the law of random things.

Stop playing this game if you guys are still whinning about the reward system in this game, this kind of topic appears on front page once a month since game launched.

No dev response wanted or needed!
I didnt start this thread as a way to call out any leads or devs (past or present), nor did I start it to request/demand answers. The issue has just been put on the back burner and I hoped for nothing more then it to be brought up in a team meeting.

Mr666
05-11-2015, 06:05 AM
I think that is a lie or I got lucky because I can pull a OJ everyday almost if not 2 or 3 a today. I get so many OJs I coined the phase "oranged it" and most who know me will tell you I have stupid lucky.

Crack
05-11-2015, 06:54 AM
I think that is a lie or I got lucky because I can pull a OJ everyday almost if not 2 or 3 a today. I get so many OJs I coined the phase "oranged it" and most who know me will tell you I have stupid lucky.

Not all are affected by this. Who knows how this happened. There was one patch/update where half of us got right back online when the servers where back up, and the rest of us could only get into the game by starting a new toon. Or the time there was a bad patch the they had to remove and replace. The ones that downloaded the patch had to reinstall the game from disc and fully repatch. Others that patched later quickly patched a was in-game. Point is there is something in common with a lot of vets...we all did something around the same time frame that caused the problem. Bought a lockbox, at an Arkfall/WM when servers went down, fighting a Darkmatter Arkfall in SF and having an incursion pass through the area causing dual scoring with seperate RNGs...who knows.

Mr B
05-11-2015, 06:56 AM
conspiracies are a lot like stereotypes... they are all rooted in truth. If a majority of people all notice a trending issue it becomes apparent that some inquiries need to be made. no one so far has made the mistake of claiming factual superiority in their arguments, this is all conjecture. but wake up and smell the pow dung matey, it's mighty strong around this issue. if the game is dishing out a reduced RNG for long time players, fine. but if people are paying for lockboxes with that same reduction it is not only exploitative, but it is discouraging marketing for those that have shown the most customer loyalty across 2 years.

So, you're saying that if a lot of people say something, then it must be at least "rooted" in truth?This is how witch hunts start, for the most part.I don't buy into this schtako myself, but whatever.

The only thing i ask myself is: Do i still have fun playing the game?

Ray8888
05-11-2015, 09:01 AM
conspiracies are a lot like stereotypes... they are all rooted in truth.

Lol
That's a weird thing to say. The moon landing was kinda faked?

Bentu
05-11-2015, 09:37 AM
Lol
That's a weird thing to say. The moon landing was kinda faked?

And that in itself is a conspiracy theory, my take on that's if the Russians had proof of that NASAs face would be rubbed all up in it.

Cobra Crusher
05-11-2015, 09:46 AM
I have gotten 2 ojs since the event ended. A VBI sniper with no nano and a volge battle rifle. <sigh>

Dixie Cougar
05-11-2015, 11:51 AM
I have gotten 2 ojs since the event ended. A VBI sniper with no nano and a volge battle rifle. <sigh>

Hey if you're going to get a nanoless gun a sniper is the best to get. Mag capacity doesn't matter as much on those.

Dravens
05-11-2015, 12:24 PM
That saying about the house always wins seems applicable. Unfortunately, in this game you can use real money to buy game money to gamble on lockboxes.

Casinos use chips, Defiance uses Bits...

SUPREEM
05-11-2015, 12:34 PM
Day/year 1 vets have the absolute best gear in game lol.

Tex_Arcana
05-11-2015, 03:34 PM
http://i1353.photobucket.com/albums/q674/brian_dawson1/what-if-all-the-conspiracy-theorists-are-really-just-paranoid-dorks-with-too-much-fr_zpsc57df146.jpg

Lazerus
05-11-2015, 09:42 PM
http://i1353.photobucket.com/albums/q674/brian_dawson1/what-if-all-the-conspiracy-theorists-are-really-just-paranoid-dorks-with-too-much-fr_zpsc57df146.jpg

based on how Defiance started, as a game with a very bad developement process, i have no problem believing it...
I would even go as far and say, that there are still bugs from release that were never fixed.

wuzup916
05-24-2015, 01:16 AM
So any new news about the broken RNG? i didn't work to get my only toon to ego 5800 to have to start over and it still may not be fixed..

kcl
05-24-2015, 01:27 AM
This thread wins the internets :D
I think we need more Spiderman here...

Fallen_Aingeal
05-24-2015, 01:48 AM
Day/year 1 vets have the absolute best gear in game lol.

Because we acquired, or the means to trade for it, it when the rng wasn't so screwy.

4 consecutive WM victories. 4 grape precise chaos. 2 with same syn's. Of all the WM weapons and available synergies, explain the "randomness" of this...

Yeah, the rng in "working as intended".

crasher
05-24-2015, 06:58 AM
Because we acquired, or the means to trade for it, it when the rng wasn't so screwy.

4 consecutive WM victories. 4 grape precise chaos. 2 with same syn's. Of all the WM weapons and available synergies, explain the "randomness" of this...

Yeah, the rng in "working as intended".

Well, tbh, first you haz to understand/accept the meaning behind 'intended' as associated with this game.

It's just like the blue glow or bubble wall from BMGs.

None of these 3 things is supposed to be for our benefit.
Players just assume they are.

Players assume the rng is supposed to be useful because it's part of a rewards function.

Players assume that since the BMG can heal, the BMG heal function is supposed to be a 'good thing'.

Players would be better served by redefining the things they assume in game to be more in line with reality.
Players keep assuming that the reward outcomes of the lotto boxes and sieges/arkfalls/WM/etc are supposed to be equally weighted for all possible outcomes.
Stop thinking that.
The reason it's not 'fixed' is because they don't think it's broken, and the reason they don't think it's broken is because they designed it in such a way that you don't have the same access to the great loot as you do for the crap loot.
The game devs do NOT want an overabundance of good loot in the game, because that just makes players fat-n-happy.
They need to keep us hungry to keep us playing.

rng and BMG heals are like a razor-blade put into an apple.
The apple looks good on the outside.
Hidden inside is a device thats designed to reduce the utility of the 'gift'.
They're Trojan Horses.

http://i876.photobucket.com/albums/ab326/kaos_crasher/182161.gif

Altras
05-24-2015, 07:54 AM
Its not just the RNG that's broken on Vet players made before a certain update. Working on a full report for this atm.

Sevrin
05-24-2015, 10:57 AM
You know, I've been noticing this RNG penalty for vets for a long while now -- I just didn't want to believe it. But now I'm a believer, sadly. My RNG for months now has been absolutely improbably bad. Like I've been saying in game, it has been so long since I've had a decent OJ drop from a box that I've forgotten what color they are. (I have gotten a couple of OJ chips though, TBH.)

LOOKxATxTHISxI
05-24-2015, 11:36 AM
Rng loves me...bolt action sniper rifles sniper no nano u guessed it cannoneer/back in the long long ago melee rolls on everything or 200% on self revive and the ever important oj fire rate on a bolt action.

Sawed off shotguns with accuracy/recoil/etc...the same guns over and over and over.

They said they couldn't change rolls but new guns can somehow miraculously change????

Still having synergy mods drop for guns that don't exist, this has been talked about forever. Any chance this rng of mods gets updated to drop cannoneer and assassin mods or sights for infectors and detonators so we don't have to hold an auction to get one?

The fallen fl
05-24-2015, 11:52 AM
They should make a rarity system the more you play the better rarity drops u get through out the months or days until you get off the game

Legendarys[10Hrs]50%chance
Purples[7hrs]40%chance
Blues[4hrs] 30%chance
Greens[3hrs]25%chance
Yellows[2hrs]20%chance
Whites[1hrs]15%chance
And for the vet players should have 25% for legendary drops bonus

crasher
05-24-2015, 12:17 PM
They should make a rarity system the more you play the better rarity drops u get through out the months or days until you get off the game

Legendarys[10Hrs]50%chance
Purples[7hrs]40%chance
Blues[4hrs] 30%chance
Greens[3hrs]25%chance
Yellows[2hrs]20%chance
Whites[1hrs]15%chance
And for the vet players should have 25% for legendary drops bonus

The problem that would need to be addressed with that scheme is that one can log in at 05:10 EST and walk away from the computer until the 'toon is kicked during the next AM's restart/reset.

Everyone would rack up a bajillion hours played without actual sitting at the controls.

SirServed
05-24-2015, 01:22 PM
Each Elite Lock Box should offer a very small amount of a unique currency aside from the items that actually drop from it. There would be a vendor that will accept this currency in exchange for desirable items that can't be traded. This way a player won't feel completely shafted after getting nothing good from 60+ Elite Lock Boxes and a player buying an excess amount of boxes to get these items won't destabilize the market any further.

Dixie Cougar
05-24-2015, 01:39 PM
Each Elite Lock Box should offer a very small amount of a unique currency aside from the items that actually drop from it. There would be a vendor that will accept this currency in exchange for desirable items that can't be traded. This way a player won't feel completely shafted after getting nothing good from 60+ Elite Lock Boxes and a player buying an excess amount of boxes to get these items won't destabilize the market any further.

Yeah we were talking about this the other day and I think it's a good idea to cut down on RNG screw as well. It's of a piece with what Rashere said about event tokens too.

Cobra Crusher
05-24-2015, 02:25 PM
Hey if you're going to get a nanoless gun a sniper is the best to get. Mag capacity doesn't matter as much on those.

I got a bmg stingray and clustershot this week. I was hitting the arks and sieges hard. It sucks when i get 1st place at a siege with 180K score and i get the same purple sniper most of the time.

The fallen fl
05-24-2015, 02:34 PM
The problem that would need to be addressed with that scheme is that one can log in at 05:10 EST and walk away from the computer until the 'toon is kicked during the next AM's restart/reset.

Everyone would rack up a bajillion hours played without actual sitting at the controls.

Its just an example
Plus adding a meteor show how long have you been play by doing events on the game like that pursuit for play shadow wars for hours

Applebite
05-25-2015, 02:34 AM
Ok, I tried to read through all of this and.....quit the belly aching.

TRION is hardly the only ones in MMOs to have this kind of system. In fact, from the game I left over a year ago, this is pretty damn easy on the wallet. You're upset that you're not getting OJs every other time you spend money. But anyone that's been playing MMO's with this kind of system knows, it's a gamble. That's essentially what you're doing anytime you spend for these lock boxes. Could they lower the price on these boxes? Sure, they could drop a few bucks off. But the number of weapons you get out of these boxes makes it tough to argue, even if most of them might come out as uncommons.

Now, it's understandable that you feel you're being ripped off, trust me, I get it. But if you're upset that every other weapon isn't some kind of special event weapon, perhaps you're going to the wrong lock boxes? Elite boxes that I've seen only drop random weapons of varying tiers, until you get to Chaos and Order, which are pretty damn epic and worthy of their stature as OJs.

And while I'm on the topic of OJs, let's not feel so entitled to have a bunch of legendary weapons in our arsenal from lock boxes. From what I've seen of these weapons, the chances of them dropping are very low, and rather random at a time. If everyone in the game had a crap load of OJs, they wouldn't be so 'legendary' after all, now would they? Of about the 7-9 or so OJs I have, only 2-3 of them came from a lock box of any kind, while the rest were straight up grinds during events. And I've put my share of time into said events. In other words, OJs are to be earned, not bought. To me, TRION at least have that much right.

I'm not saying TRION is doing a great job of handling this situation, but they're hardly doing a bad job, or at least as bad as some made it seem. And to think, if they did improve the RNG drops, along with the OJs coming more frequently, the maps would be flooded with them. What good would that be for the game? For any title to be worthwhile, and have some staying power, the game has to provide some kind of challenge to the players. Otherwise, we'd all blow it off and go elsewhere.

Sevrin
05-25-2015, 07:31 AM
Its not just the RNG that's broken on Vet players made before a certain update. Working on a full report for this atm.

Altras: I would really like to see this. Hope you publish it.

wuzup916
05-26-2015, 03:55 AM
if they did improve the RNG drops, along with the OJs coming more frequently, the maps would be flooded with them. What good would that be for the game? For any title to be worthwhile, and have some staying power, the game has to provide some kind of challenge to the players. Otherwise, we'd all blow it off and go elsewhere.

The thing with me is I've left and came back so many times my character does not have the same chance of OJ drops as the new players have.. The whole time i played this game(EGO 5800/day 1) I've gotten zero jackpot weapons and only one named weapon drop ever.. While other clan mates pulles multiple named weapons in one day during the events, how is that random or anywhere near fair? This game is pushing me away more than trying to keep me.. I'm not saying i want a named weapon every drop but at this point i see it as a zero chance of getting anything named anywhere, I feel like I'm losing a big game play mechanic that other people have and are enjoying.. That's just my personal experience and opinion

Deadeye Joe
05-26-2015, 05:12 AM
More and more the evidence seems to suggest that trion wishes to push the vets out of the game. Alleged RNG penalty, the new arkhunter bundles, changes to contracts, the ads for the bitstore, and all the other fkery that came with free to play. From my experience veteran players have contributed the most money to this game, bit transactions, dlc, BUYING the game in the first place etc, and still do (probably against their better judgement) to date. So I have to ask the question, what's to be gained from steering us out? New players come and go, but Trion needs to acknowledge their dedicated player base and CUSTOMERS. I love the game... I just wish it was in more competent hands.

PithHelmetIrath
05-26-2015, 02:11 PM
the ads for the bitstore

Yeah.. it still annoys me whenever I see those pesky bitstore ads/shortcuts plastered in-game. Pretty shameful, IMO..

crasher
05-26-2015, 03:23 PM
Yeah.. it still annoys me whenever I see those pesky bitstore ads/shortcuts plastered in-game. Pretty shameful, IMO..
You shoulda been here when SystemMessage would plaster things like:

'COME JOIN A SHADOWWAR!!! BRING ALL YOUR FRIENDS!!!!11!!'

across the screen every 4.3 minutes for weeks until we told them to cut it out or we were all leaving and turning out the lights.

PithHelmetIrath
05-26-2015, 03:26 PM
You shoulda been here when SystemMessage would plaster things like:

'COME JOIN A SHADOW!!! BRING ALL YOUR FRIENDS!!!!11!!'

across the screen every 4.3 minutes for weeks until we told them to cut it out or we were all leaving and turning out the lights.

Don't let the forum join date fool you.. my arkhunter has been around since May 2013.

Lithova
05-26-2015, 03:44 PM
More and more the evidence seems to suggest that trion wishes to push the vets out of the game. Alleged RNG penalty, the new arkhunter bundles, changes to contracts, the ads for the bitstore, and all the other fkery that came with free to play. From my experience veteran players have contributed the most money to this game, bit transactions, dlc, BUYING the game in the first place etc, and still do (probably against their better judgement) to date. So I have to ask the question, what's to be gained from steering us out? New players come and go, but Trion needs to acknowledge their dedicated player base and CUSTOMERS. I love the game... I just wish it was in more competent hands.

I agree to some extent, its actually better and more cost effective for them to keep recruiting new players to the game then it is to keep veteran players around. Less resources used less server load etc...its a business practice a lot of gaming studios are deploying these days....especially those using the Free to Play model. See Gamersfirst.