PDA

View Full Version : Looking for afflicted Flailers

grindbert
05-11-2015, 02:38 PM
Hello,
i recently got into doing "Goals" and can't finish one because of mentioned opponents. I need to kill 10 of them, however I can't find any in the designated area. I followed instructions from this forum and youtube and any source i could find on google but it seems they are either out of date or were never correct. I cleared the whole arena between the north and south radio tower and collective and kinship plaza. i've ran around in circles for about 3-4 hours now and never saw even a single afflicted not even talking about a specific flailer.
all that has any similarity to something afflicted are "riflemen" and "cleaver".
can anybody help me out? is there any information on this? were the spawn spots changed in a patch at some point?

greetings
bert

SirServed
05-11-2015, 02:59 PM
I've found these enemies anywhere from the road south of Kinship Plaza all the way to (and including) Bloodbath Gorge. If you don't see them, try jumping phases and searching again. Open your Friend's list (not from Quick Menu) and check for someone with a red icon next to their name, port to them to change phases.

grindbert
05-11-2015, 03:05 PM
umm, excuse me for being overly uneducated but what are phases? oO
i don't know if it makes any difference but i forgot to tell that i'm playing on pc.

Tex_Arcana
05-11-2015, 03:14 PM
umm, excuse me for being overly uneducated but what are phases? oO
Phases or "shards" exist within the online game: They are basically alternate versions of the same game world.
You can jump between these by going to friends (who may be playing in a different phase than you), clan mates, or by other arcane methods which I do not know of myself.
Each phase may have different activities/events occurring on them from the one you are in at the time...

stefb42
05-11-2015, 03:15 PM
Phases or shards, so when you log in you are put into a phase/shard that has a limit to how many players it can hold, once capacity is reached a new phase/shard is spawned and people logging in are put into that shard and so on, I've over simplified it but you'll get the idea

Bringing up friend list through radial menu will list your friends with an icon beside their name, green icon means they're in the same phase as you, red means they're in a different phase, different phases will have different events going on so if you cant find what you want on your map, it may be going on in a different phase, so when people talk about phase/shard hopping this is what they're doing

grindbert
05-11-2015, 03:20 PM
thanks for the answers. since i've been playing solo the whole time i have no people on my friendlist so that option won't work for me. is logging in and out a possibility to change those "shards"? any other tricks perhaps? i have every technical tool at my hand except for other people.

SirServed
05-11-2015, 03:22 PM
thanks for the answers. since i've been playing solo the whole time i have no people on my friendlist so that option won't work for me. is logging in and out a possibility to change those "shards"? any other tricks perhaps? i have every technical tool at my hand except for other people.
Yes, you can also Join and Leave matches (loading in and loading out) to dice roll your phase jumps.

stefb42
05-11-2015, 03:25 PM
Entering an instanced match and leaving can land you in a different shard, warmaster, competitive multiplayer, co-op maps, thorn liro arenas, etc etc, basically anything that takes you off the main map will give a chance of a different shard on exiting, you don't need to complete the instance you join, just leave

Atticus Batman
05-11-2015, 03:26 PM
Yes, you can also Join and Leave matches (loading in and loading out) to dice roll your phase jumps.

You could also try joining a clan. If you ar on Pc Na, I can think of 3 with clanmates I see post regularly on this forum.
(in no order)

Team Evolution

Cronus

Consortium (which I see is helping in this thread)

Tex_Arcana
05-11-2015, 03:28 PM
I would simply advise starting your tour of the world by driving between KTAM and Bloodbath. In any case there are Afflicted roadside events all over the place (highways from Headlands to Diablo, Crater to Top Knotch, and scattered around San Fransisco)

grindbert
05-11-2015, 03:35 PM
thanks for all the help! i managed to get it with joining and leaving a co-op mission.

Tex_Arcana
05-11-2015, 03:47 PM
Woot.
'Bert is now the proud owner of the Med-Tech Buggy. :)

JOCCO5150
05-11-2015, 05:23 PM
Go to an inflicted siege. Get all 10 of them in one go

Cobra Crusher
05-11-2015, 11:41 PM
Go to an inflicted siege. Get all 10 of them in one go

You cant on Xbox because the Diablo siege is broken everyday lol

JOCCO5150
05-11-2015, 11:57 PM
You cant on Xbox because the Diablo siege is broken everyday lol

Go to Chinatown

EvilAg3nt
05-12-2015, 11:10 AM
isnt there one that spawns a lot right outside the gates of Iron demon ranch?
i mean ik they rotate the events but ive seen it there a lot.

Tex_Arcana
05-12-2015, 01:51 PM
Go to Chinatown

None of the Synthesizers work toward the Pursuit anyway.
Has to be a roadside emergency.
My clanmate pointed that out to me yesterday and I edited my post accordingly. As I had suggested the same thing.