PDA

View Full Version : Questions? Concerns? This is your thread!

CM Kiwibird
05-11-2015, 06:19 PM
http://i.imgur.com/oQEFHO9.gif

Hey there all! We're collecting questions for this week's Defiance Developer Q&A!

If you have any questions you'd like to submit, please post them here. I will be drawing questions from this thread late in the day on Wednesday and locking it after questions have been drawn.

Look forward to hearing from you, everyone!

Niner82
05-11-2015, 06:49 PM
Are there any plans to fix the shaky RNG in this game? At this point it is very broken. Can we have new rewards for incursions, Sieges etc. The old ones are getting very old.

Mister Derpenhowser
05-11-2015, 07:06 PM
Will expedition RnG be addressed? Its not working like we were told it would

http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?214141-Expedition-rewards

Holy Bahamut3
05-11-2015, 07:52 PM
This is an old one, but since they are introducing new races in the show, is their any chance we will see new playable races in the game? You could sell them in the bits store...

Also gonna put this here...

http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?214408-A-few-suggestions.

Yeah

Lazerus
05-11-2015, 10:01 PM
There are two things i want to know...
- How true is the "broken vet rng thing"?
- How does the RNG on weapons work? I never figured it out...are there fixed variants, or are they made of different parts (borderlands like)? If it is like that, i will keep looking for a Syphon charge rifle and some Nano Detonators...if not i stop since its boring then.

Ryu Soba JP
05-11-2015, 10:13 PM
RNG is random

Lithova
05-11-2015, 10:24 PM
Why can't players earn hunter reqs and chip pullers through other means within the game such as pursuits, contracts, reward drops?

Why are patron pass holders/customers not getting the 10% discount on the new bundles?

What progress if any has been made on addressing cheaters and exploiters within the game? Also have you look into Fairfight, Punkbuster, nProtect Gameguard or some other form of anticheats to deal with the rampant an obvious cheating currently taking place ingame?

What is being done to address the issues with the BMG graphics? Mainly are we going to see an option to disable the abusive glowy particles effects that blind players?

Will Ark Salvage ever be changed to be more useful? As it is currently its pretty much useless.

Gaasden
05-11-2015, 11:50 PM
Do you plan to adress the issiue of lost rewards in bugged expeditions ? You have the pts server to check things, you sold us a product that did not work and is still working quite bad . Can we get rewarded for our lost time and effort ? Maybe do some massive refound insteed of awarding every person that puts a ticket. It wont be fait but will prevent people from exploiting.
( Alcatraz starter kit and Cyber Rig Crate for every week of bugged expeditions ?

Do you plan to realese any APP that would work outside the consoles or pc client ? Something that would give me the option to check my pursuits and my inventory, maybe enter the salvage matrix from work :)

Keep up the good work Utah!

Nefarious
05-11-2015, 11:52 PM
Ive always been curious about the bonuses that increase Vehicle damage such as the Perk Wrecking Ball and others in form of Weapon Mastery, Synergy, select weapons, and now Chips. Do these damage multipliers have any use in PvE? If so which enemies count as vehicles for these to take effect?

TNO
05-11-2015, 11:59 PM
Maybe do some massive refound insteed of awarding every person that puts a ticket.

Not every person gets the lost reqs refunded. I just got a mail that says thank you and sorry but no reqs to my account.

Gaasden
05-12-2015, 01:42 AM
Not every person gets the lost reqs refunded. I just got a mail that says thank you and sorry but no reqs to my account.

More reason for massive refound.

WhiteKnight019
05-12-2015, 05:08 AM
1. Can we get an update to the Thorn Liro Vendor? maybe some Mk II variants of the existing Liro weapons? Or maybe a Liro synergy that makes these weapons more worth while. Maybe a Thorn Liro exclusive vehicle? Something to spend all that Liro currency on. I know I'd spend more time there for better weapons. Maybe add a couple of new Areans to at an area in Silicon Valley or Alcatraz.

2. I know the series in sponsored by Dodge, maybe we can get some more colors for the Dodge vehicles in the 2015 color choices. I know these should get an update.

3. Can we get a Votan vehicle? some alien looking Runner? (You could run a contest on this, I'm sure there are a lot of fans with concepts out there that would fit into the game)

4. Could we get some new time trials in Silicon Valley? I know the area is laggy and full of disconnects but with some spit and polish it could get better.

5. How about some "Alcatraz" faction weapons? you could do a lot if you made Alcatraz a faction, like adding in the ability to buy hunter reqs out of the vendor with scrip... a lot of scrip... or salvage? maybe like 1 hunter req could be 100,000 scrip and 100,000 salvage.

BlackTalons
05-12-2015, 05:47 AM
What are you doing to get more manpower on the project?

How much damage is prevented by the protector BMG?

Did you see the link in my sig that says Super EGO V2.0?

Graywolfe
05-12-2015, 05:49 AM
Could we put all the time trials in the pedal to the metal pursuits, leaving them out of the exploration pursuits please?

Bentu
05-12-2015, 06:10 AM
RNG is random

The rng isn't random when the reward from a t4 box gives you 2 or 3 variants of the same weapon and rarity.

Combo Breaker
05-12-2015, 06:16 AM
The rng isn't random when the reward from a t4 box gives you 2 or 3 variants of the same weapon and rarity.

Sounds like the Gunslinger Cache. Loves to give multiple snipers and detonators. Never does that with Wildcat and SMG for some odd reason.

Thorax The Dark
05-12-2015, 07:40 AM
can we see a fix to the broken sieges and incursions?

also we need an update to the clan interfaces, social tab in general ( i remember hearing rumors about a massive clan invite system? any response to that ? )

possibly fix the reward screens?

and yes what happened to the new rewards for the silicon valley incursions?

AlexMonk
05-12-2015, 08:28 AM
I still have problems climbing ladders. I have searched the forums but can't find a fix. Did I miss something? I'm not the only one, Will/have you got a fix for it?

Kuro29
05-12-2015, 08:38 AM
Will they ever make hunter reqs more abundant or somehow attainable in-game like how we get arkforge because damn, Dc and other things that make you lose hunter reqs are more likely to happen in the game than acquiring these.

EvilAg3nt
05-12-2015, 09:11 AM
dunno why i keep bothering.

the rng system is now completely screwed up.
doesnt matter how good i do,i see white guns and mods everywheres.
im level 4000+ ego why am i even Seeing white ****??!!
i buy boxes i get doubles of weapons.
i kill everything and then whammo get the killing blow,and some other ******* has 1st with half the enemies and i get a green. How.

then theres the disconnects.
i did your tests,its Your end thats messed up.
we cant even Use the salvage matrix w big inventory because we get disconnected Every farking time!

and hey..did it ever occur to you people to actually check And Reply to those who post the bugs??
even a short TY would at least make us think you actually Cared.

Tolerance..look it up..mines running out fast with all the bs and lack of Serious fixes.

CM Kiwibird
05-12-2015, 09:17 AM

Hey there, can I get a ticket number for this issue? We'd like to check this out. Thanks! :o

Feel free to just PM it to me.

Dslice
05-12-2015, 11:03 AM
Will we ever be able to trade items between characters on the same account?

Niner82
05-12-2015, 11:54 AM
Amen to this.

Niner82
05-12-2015, 12:01 PM
dunno why i keep bothering.

the rng system is now completely screwed up.
doesnt matter how good i do,i see white guns and mods everywheres.
im level 4000+ ego why am i even Seeing white ****??!!
i buy boxes i get doubles of weapons.
i kill everything and then whammo get the killing blow,and some other ******* has 1st with half the enemies and i get a green. How.

then theres the disconnects.
i did your tests,its Your end thats messed up.
we cant even Use the salvage matrix w big inventory because we get disconnected Every farking time!

and hey..did it ever occur to you people to actually check And Reply to those who post the bugs??
even a short TY would at least make us think you actually Cared.

Tolerance..look it up..mines running out fast with all the bs and lack of Serious fixes.
Yes my tolerance is running out with no one replying. No, thank you, we are in the process of working on that. Instead the new sheriff's in town ran me out. Just wanted a simple reply. When are we going to see anything to satisfy our hunger for Defiance? Anything that works atleast half correctly, the way it should. Some new rewards for existing parts of the game would be a good improvement, instead of the same thing over and over.

Bentu
05-12-2015, 12:22 PM
Will we ever be able to trade items between characters on the same account?

I asked if we could get a vault system in which we'd be able to do it but my question didn't get answered, hope you have better luck.
I'm not asking more than once.

Tex_Arcana
05-12-2015, 12:41 PM
There really needs to be a readdress of the daily system.
The requirement to do expeditions is onerous for new players. As well as established accounts that are leveling new toons.
Are we going to see the dailies rethought in this regard?
Getting rep with factions that a new player, OR a new toon should be able to earn rep with from the "get-go" (like Paradise) has been put in the nearly unaccessible category.
Really poor implementation in my opinion.

SanCarioca
05-12-2015, 02:24 PM
Kiwi:

I addressed this in the last Twitch session, and I'll say it again:

1) For the love of LOCI, give us an option to go directly to the end of our inventory screen with ONE. KEY. PRESS. If I enter the inventory screen, I'm at the top of my 100+ itens. I favorite everything that I don't want accidentaly salvaged -- that's the way you gave us to keep our cherished items in place -- so, that means that whenever I gain a new weapon, mod, chip, anything, I have to scrrrrrrooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooolll lllllllllllllllllllllll through hundreds of items until I reach my new goodies.

Would it be really so hard to implement a function so that the UP key, at the top of the inventory screen, would bring us to the last screen of it ("rolling" the screen)? I have 220 items, and this is a pain. I can't even begin to think what people with 400 items are suffering daily.

EvilAg3nt
05-12-2015, 02:35 PM
280 slots on my main and i go thru this daily.
plus the salvage matrix is practically unusable due to disconnects!!

its bs and should be addressed.
esp as this gets Asked every week seems like!!!

Lithova
05-12-2015, 02:54 PM
The requirement to do expeditions is onerous for new players. As well as established accounts that are leveling new toons.
Getting rep with factions that a new player, OR a new toon should be able to earn rep with from the "get-go" (like Paradise) has been put in the nearly unaccessible category.

Sadly on May 1 2015 of their livestream they addressed this stating they have lowered the amount that Expeditions gets put into the daily and weekly contract rotation however they will not be doing anything else to it, meaning they won't remove it from daily contracts. I agree with your opinion, they have made these implementations in regards to Expeditions and it clearly shows a lack of foresight and poor execution.

Bentu
05-12-2015, 03:33 PM
Kiwi:

I addressed this in the last Twitch session, and I'll say it again:

1) For the love of LOCI, give us an option to go directly to the end of our inventory screen with ONE. KEY. PRESS. If I enter the inventory screen, I'm at the top of my 100+ itens. I favorite everything that I don't want accidentaly salvaged -- that's the way you gave us to keep our cherished items in place -- so, that means that whenever I gain a new weapon, mod, chip, anything, I have to scrrrrrrooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooolll lllllllllllllllllllllll through hundreds of items until I reach my new goodies.

Would it be really so hard to implement a function so that the UP key, at the top of the inventory screen, would bring us to the last screen of it ("rolling" the screen)? I have 220 items, and this is a pain. I can't even begin to think what people with 400 items are suffering daily.

Funnily enough I've asked for this one too, again I hope you have better luck than I.

280 slots on my main and i go thru this daily.
plus the salvage matrix is practically unusable due to disconnects!!

its bs and should be addressed.
esp as this gets Asked every week seems like!!!

And the answer to the question is to give you an extra 100 inventory spaces.

You'll only get any action on this when people stop doing them.

TNO
05-12-2015, 03:42 PM
Hey there, can I get a ticket number for this issue? We'd like to check this out. Thanks! :o

Feel free to just PM it to me.

Both my tickets have now been solved and I got my reqs back. Couldn't be more pleased.
The "thank you and sorry" mail was actually my own fault as I accidentally reopened an older request that was already solved.

Dixie Cougar
05-12-2015, 03:49 PM
Are there any plans to add a clan progression track for expeditions?

Ray8888
05-12-2015, 09:21 PM
I will third (or fourth) the inventory question. Adding another 100 slots actually makes this more pressing. Why not just tabs? Or making it sortable?

Octo
05-12-2015, 09:36 PM
Do you plan to add a new "sort-by" option in the inventory ? We have Type, name, lvl and value; what about a "Last modified" option or something like that so we can quickly see the last items we got ?

Since it's pretty hard to find a good T4 mod, can we expect a rarity upgrade system for them ? Just like guns and shields.

And finally, Guerrilla Buttstocks. Why ?

Dixie Cougar
05-12-2015, 09:39 PM
And finally, Guerrilla Buttstocks. Why ?

Because grenades.

Also because the recoil stocks on frc carbines and nomads are ugly.

Seriously though I vendor these on sight along with anything else melee related.

SanCarioca
05-12-2015, 10:46 PM
Do you plan to add a new "sort-by" option in the inventory ? We have Type, name, lvl and value; what about a "Last modified" option or something like that so we can quickly see the last items we got ?

Came here to add that. Just add a sort option named "LAST", or "UNFAVORITED" or something like you suggested. The goal is to visualize, promptly, all items that today, you must scroll hundreds of favorited items to see. And guess what? To favorite them! And guess again? If you decide to break a chip, the entire inventory list goes back to the first item, making you having to scroll it all over again just to reach the position you were before!

whit
05-13-2015, 12:12 AM
Came here to add that. Just add a sort option named "LAST", or "UNFAVORITED" or something like you suggested. The goal is to visualize, promptly, all items that today, you must scroll hundreds of favorited items to see. And guess what? To favorite them! And guess again? If you decide to break a chip, the entire inventory list goes back to the first item, making you having to scroll it all over again just to reach the position you were before!

Anything that helps inventory management, even some really simple like remembering where you were in the list would satisfy me.

Octo
05-13-2015, 12:32 AM
Because grenades.

Also because the recoil stocks on frc carbines and nomads are ugly.

Seriously though I vendor these on sight along with anything else melee related.

Today, expedition Tier 33, the boss dropped a guerrilla buttstock.
I was like:
http://31.media.tumblr.com/cec99b76a9f0cc5c64521818d432879a/tumblr_mf9b05wn0y1r0ptf1o1_500.gif

Anything that helps inventory management, even some really simple like remembering where you were in the list would satisfy me.

- A specific inventory for rigs & chips could be great too. Just like grenades, stims, spikes...
But I think people already asked for this. Just in case, I ask again !

ianvoyager
05-13-2015, 12:52 AM
Can we get an update on the War Master major ArkFall despawn issues?

Seems to be taking a very long time to address this, and I do recall reading a reply about with reference to 'we are still trying to track down this code problem'.

Suggestion: why not move the location of the War Master Major Arkfalls to an area where nothing else (literally, nothing else) will spawn? Or as another idea, remove the offending incursion event or Major ArkFall event from spawning in the designated War Master event area?

Ammo Up
05-13-2015, 01:09 AM
1. Can we see the new rolls take place in faction vendors: Chimera/Paradise/VBI/Soleptor/Echelon/Top Notch?

2. Will you add new weapons to these above mentioned vendors?

3. I like someone's earlier post about Alcatraz receiving it's own weapon faction.

Mister Derpenhowser
05-13-2015, 08:05 AM
1. Can we see the new rolls take place in faction vendors: Chimera/Paradise/VBI/Soleptor/Echelon/Top Notch?

2. Will you add new weapons to these above mentioned vendors?

3. I like someone's earlier post about Alcatraz receiving it's own weapon faction.

Your first two questions have been answered already. Its happening, its just gonna take time

EvilAg3nt
05-13-2015, 08:47 AM
And the answer to the question is to give you an extra 100 inventory spaces..

yeah that baffles me..its like we are speaking an alien language here ffs!!
dear Trion,are you Reading the Words we are Typing??

giving us more spaces instead of Fixing the inventory isnt HELPING the Problem!!

Cobra Crusher
05-13-2015, 10:12 AM
Are you working on a fix for arkfalls and sieges not showing the score or time left?

Ray8888
05-13-2015, 11:01 AM
Are you fixing the fourth syn on the Solstice synergy? Same for Bug DMG.

Ark Huntress
05-13-2015, 11:22 AM
Can we have screenshot button in the very near future? Please please please?

DEATHBRINGER210
05-13-2015, 12:37 PM
chip pulling is busted . will it get fixed soon? what about the view the mod option ?

Tex_Arcana
05-13-2015, 12:47 PM
You'll only get any action on this when people stop doing them.
I expect that there has been a drop in daily completions already; as queueing for Expeditions as a low ego is so onerous already.
I'd love to see a parse of the reputation earning rate now compared with before Alcatraz...
Even with a Clan (See Dixie's "Calling BS on Expeditions" thread. Also reference comments on "Have's and Have not's" being created within Clans. -This second one is particularly galling as high ego's tend to want to run with other high egos in Expos. Unlike Expert Co-ops).

EvilAg3nt
05-13-2015, 12:49 PM
yeah esp that last part.
view the mod.
cant tell anything about it cept its a mod,dunno what the syn is or anything.

also,would it Kill you people to Fix your frakking servers!!
i Just got killed and instantly transported to port bruno from a freaking event 300km Away!!
wtf is up with that bs?
so now im pissed off and driving Back to the event only to get Disconnected Right on the last jump before the event.
no pay,no rewards,nothing but your **** servers As per Usual.
W...T...F.

and you want me to Spend more Real money on this game?
so we can all keep getting Screwed over for Nothing!!
are you Insane??

Nefarious
05-13-2015, 03:00 PM
Here's another one. Don't know if it was asked already because there are a lot of Qs.

Is there any plans to buff Fire Nano?

Electrical recently got a buff from having its dealt HP damage go from doing 50% to 75%. While its counterpart in Fire still stands at doing 50% damage dealt to Shields.

A personal idea I think that could help boost Fire Nano without it needing to be a mirror counter part to Electrical is to buff Fire Nano's tick damage significantly when it procs.

CM Kiwibird
05-13-2015, 03:31 PM
Hey there folks, questions will be pulled soon, make sure to get yours in now if you were mulling another one over! :o Thanks!

Dixie Cougar
05-13-2015, 03:34 PM
Also reference comments on "Have's and Have not's" being created within Clans. -This second one is particularly galling as high ego's tend to want to run with other high egos in Expos. Unlike Expert Co-ops).

Part of the problem is there is no upscaling so lower ego players are very badly gimped regardless of skill level unless you make them the lead and go in at a low tier.

We have been very big on bringing the newer players into experts but it's simply not doable for expeditions unless one is OK with stopping prematurely, which most people understandably aren't.

Lithova
05-13-2015, 04:33 PM
Keys words there "NO UPSCALING" .....but don't worry guys I'm sure they will make new Ark hunter bundle to fix the issue that is Expedition/Alcatraz. =P

heartbreak_courier
05-13-2015, 05:13 PM
This is an old one, but since they are introducing new races in the show, is their any chance we will see new playable races in the game? You could sell them in the bits store...

I'll second this one. Doesn't have to be Biomen or anything, but Indogenes and the Omec are comparable body-wise to the other available races. That could be a lot of fun.

SirServed
05-13-2015, 07:15 PM
Do you have any plans to put Legendary Cyber Rigs and Cyber Chips on the Expedition vendor, even if at ridiculous Silicon Shard costs? Are you also aware that several Cyber Chips (namely Keystones) aren't working?

PTR47
05-13-2015, 07:33 PM
If you don't wish to do expeditions, is there anything else to look forward to?

I kinda liked the idea of them until I tried one, got booted from my first group, then was forced to solo a second one. And it dawned on me, I'll have to PuG to do them, and the reward? More pugs. F that, not interested. I haven't logged on since. Well, I logged on once to get my weekly chest, and then realized that I don't even care.

Is this it?

Bentu
05-13-2015, 07:53 PM
If you don't wish to do expeditions, is there anything else to look forward to?

I kinda liked the idea of them until I tried one, got booted from my first group, then was forced to solo a second one. And it dawned on me, I'll have to PuG to do them, and the reward? More pugs. F that, not interested. I haven't logged on since. Well, I logged on once to get my weekly chest, and then realized that I don't even care.

Is this it?

I feel exactly the same. Played for an hour tonight, the first time in 2 weeks, found 3 incursions and a seige stalled on different phases and thought to myself wtf am I doing here.

Maybe it's time for Bentu to f off.

Johnny Gatt
05-13-2015, 08:52 PM
I have been playing every day on both consoles for nearly two years now. I know there is a problem with the game's RNG. I have not gotten a legendary item from a rep vendor in two months. No legendary drops from t4 lockboxes for for several weeks. No legendary items at all from expeditions. During Armistice my weekly reward the second week was carving knife for all six of my toons on two different console systems. I find myself in the same boat as Bentu in his post above. I love playing this game, but the thrill of the chase gets old when there is nothing to chase.

Please fix the game before adding more items that I won't get anyways

I used to spend $300-$400 a month in the defiance store. Now I spend $10.00 every 15 days for Patron Pass only for ps3 and xbox. I will probably stop buying those if I don't have anything to spend arkforge or hunter reqs on.

xXxDSMer
05-13-2015, 11:55 PM
When's the lightning rifle getting fixed? (known bug for more than a year now and still not fixed.)

And I'd have to agree with the above posters about RNG bein totally screwed up. I can't count the number of times I've seen silly stuff like +30% melee dmg on shield break, and other plain silly mastery rolls, while rerolling my courier (I've lost count how many times... but it has been a LOT).
Also: never have pulled a jackpot, and barely ever get any oj's of any kind out of elite lockbox.

Ryu Soba JP
05-14-2015, 04:28 AM
Any chance for a capture cam for pvp? Playing on console makes it a bit hard to record how many times you die being shot through walls or by a player outside of the map.

The RNG that was explained for Alcatraz doesn't seem to be working as intended. Players getting epic mods and chips and legendary rigs (supposedly) in round 1. I playe to round 6 and got mostly blue uncommon gear and 2 epic mods.

So the question is, any chance to address this (RNG, in and out of Alcatraz)?

Any chance to see the Alcatraz enemies OUTSIDE of Alcatraz? They put up a better challenge than the current enemies. Especially that burrowing hellion. (Spits goo then pounces on you before you can react- insta kill)

Thanks, all I got for now

tpollett
05-14-2015, 07:27 AM
1. Why is firing rate on certain weapons completely inaccurate? The disruptor and volge assault rifle have damage based on the firing rate specified on the stars screen yet their firing rate is, in general, about half what is stated on the card. This makes these weapons severely underpowered. And it's not simply because they are burst fire as putting a burst fire mod on a weapon which is normally not burst fire does not decrease the firing rate by 50%.

2. It's popular in this thread, but RNG. Well, the system used here cannot actually be called RNG as that requires random number generation. Maybe we should call it RLG for rocket launcher generation. In expeditions at round 10+ and tier 30+ I should never receive two Blues and one purple from the boss. I don't care what system you use but spending four hours or more to get to round 10 and getting not only zero OJ's but two blues for killing the boss is an unacceptable level of screwing the player. Likewise during the Armistice event I received an epic blackened hellfire techmag pulsar for seven of the first fourteen days as a reward for the defiant few daily contract. The odds that out of thirty weapons I pull the same one seven out of fourteen times is so ridiculously small I cannot express it in this post because it would require superscript which I don't know how to make using my phones text. I don't really mind that I've killed warmaster about fifty times in the last three days and have gotten one OJ total from it. I don't even mind that I've pulled 40-50 elite lock boxes without getting a jackpot (I know many others have pulled ten times as many elite boxes without a jackpot but I've only been playing a couple months). But being surprised if I don't pull at least two rocket launchers from an elite lockbox is a problem and you, as programmers, should feel ashamed of how badly the code is written. Not saying I can do better, but I don't code for a living. Or at all. I couldn't code if my life depended on it.

3. The Lightning rifle. I've seen it questioned in his yhread already but seriously. Some people have no problems with it yet I can put the tip of the barrel almost touching a viscera and have the shot do no damage if I charge it. That's not a hit box issue, it's a bug that seems to only affect some people. I've tried from three different networks located in the Bay Area so lag is not really a factor.

4. Why is firing rate determined by frame rate? I have an OJ needler with cannoneer. That's 32.5 firing rate. With an 85 round clip I should be draining my clip in 2.6 seconds. Yet in an expedition it takes 7 seconds. Outside of expeditions, in an area with no players and no enemies it takes 4 seconds. I'm getting screwed either way but in expeditions it's worse.

CM Kiwibird
05-14-2015, 08:43 AM
Hey there all, questions are being pulled now. :o Thanks for adding yours to the bunch!