PDA

View Full Version : XBOX One

Agent_Molasses
05-12-2015, 10:54 AM
Does Trion Worlds have plans to have Defiance on the XBOX One?

WhiteStrike
05-12-2015, 11:02 AM

No. /10 char

Niner82
05-12-2015, 11:22 AM
It requires a lot to port a game to another console, and money. They have enough to deal with anyways, with the current versions.

Nefarious
05-12-2015, 11:54 AM
1 out of 4 posts on their FB page asks this very same question.

"When is Defiance coming to PS4???"
http://i.imgur.com/S1ETwy9.jpg

Bentu
05-12-2015, 12:30 PM

Don't know when this is going to happen but there's supposed to be an update for xbox one with Windows 10 which should allow you to play the pc version on the xbox one.
I was excited by that news when I first heard it but I stopped holding my breath long ago.

Niner82
05-12-2015, 01:42 PM
Don't know when this is going to happen but there's supposed to be an update for xbox one with Windows 10 which should allow you to play the pc version on the xbox one.
I was excited by that news when I first heard it but I stopped holding my breath long ago.
Are you sure you don't need oxygen now? :)

CM Kiwibird
05-12-2015, 01:50 PM
I get tweets about this quite frequently. At this time, we have no plans to port out to the next generation consoles, but we always appreciate your enthusiasm for Defiance. :o

SanCarioca
05-12-2015, 02:04 PM
I get tweets about this quite frequently. At this time, we have no plans to port out to the next generation consoles, but we always appreciate your enthusiasm for Defiance. :o

Bummer. I can't wait to be disconnected and lose a HR on the PS4...

Bentu
05-12-2015, 03:44 PM
Are you sure you don't need oxygen now? :)

Now maybe that's a question for the live stream.

Dslice
05-13-2015, 09:05 AM

The response is always "we have no plans at this time" which is understandable, there are more important things to work on.

But given the frequency this question is asked there is obviously a solid interest in playing Defiance on XBOX One & PS4. Is this at least something under consideration (even if it is the last item on the list to be considered).

Also just as a suggestion, if the game ever moves to the newest consoles, please add a method of a one time free character transfer to the new platforms.

I can't speak for anyone else but if the game was moved over to the new consoles with no way of moving our characters &/or account with it would be useless to me because I wouldn't just abandon all of the time I put in & start over like I was a brand new player just because of a hardware upgrade.

I know all this is a moot point at the moment because we are quite while before going to the new consoles if at all, but I frequently see people ask about the moving the game to the new consoles but I've never seen anybody mention making sure to be able to move there account with it should it ever happen.

Cobra Crusher
05-13-2015, 10:10 AM
Bummer. I can't wait to be disconnected and lose a HR on the PS4...

Getting disconnected looks better on new gen lol

hardy83
05-13-2015, 02:19 PM
Eh. It's too late anyways. Trion waited too long. Had they coughed up the money to port the game to PS4/One they would've been the only decent MMO for next gen games for a good year most likely more than making up for any cost to port the game.

Now you hear recent stories like Perfect World having 1.6 million players for Neverwinter and know you know there's competition so Trion lost any advantage they could've had for the game.

I understand it costs money to port a game, but not taking advantage of a starving market when you could've was a bad decision. Though more than likely, Trion has zero intention of porting the game to next gen ever, it's clear the budget and staff for this game is a fraction of what it use to be which is unfortunate because it's still one of the only true open world shooter MMOs and porting it to next gen with FAR superior hardware vs last gen would've improved the game a lot.

Dixie Cougar
05-13-2015, 02:27 PM
You want superior hardware, play on PC!

Yeah, I went there.

hardy83
05-13-2015, 02:33 PM
You want superior hardware, play on PC!

Yeah, I went there.

Except the console versions of the game butchered the PC game. It looked like a 5 year old game when it launched let alone now and their refusal to give us even HD textures doesn't help.
SweetFX can only help so much when the game itself is being held back by systems with 512MB of RAM and CPUs less powerful than a smartphone. lol

Dixie Cougar
05-13-2015, 02:38 PM
I'm concerned that the memory limitations of consoles are preventing Trion from adopting a cosmetic based monetization strategy. This is a proven method for many PC oriented or sometimes exclusive games (including other Trion games but also notable titles across multiple genres like TF2, GW2, etc) to earn their keep without damaging game balance.