PDA

View Full Version : Searching for "rare" resources for vendors

CVL98
05-13-2015, 03:28 AM
Where and how can I find the resources necessary to purchase weapons/equipment from Chimera, 7th legion, special vendors etc. I have ridiculous amounts of script and arkforge just not the "special items" needed or is this something I have to purchase? I have fought through countless arkfalls, conversions, sieges, and repeated quests and side missions still I cannot find these items. Any and all farming advice welcome.

-Thank you Defiance community

MagnusRune Daltus
05-13-2015, 03:34 AM
you need to do the relivent contracts,

most just require you have rep, but Chimera and Paradise want you to have Ceureion Cores.

to get the rep for vendors
do the daily for 10 rep, and the weekly for 50 rep.

to get the cores. (you need to be 5k+, or a 5k+ friend who will take you in)
do daily chimera for 1 core.
do weekly paradise for 3 cores.

the cores can be spent at either of the vendors, so you can get a T5 mod every week. (all 7 daily's + 1 weekly)

some are things you will do by plaing normally, ie 7th legion is usually based around arkfalls or incursions. but PvP and cores require you to do a set thing, ie kill 25 players in PvP, or complete Explostions 101 on Expert.

hiban
05-13-2015, 03:37 AM
No need to say you need to own the respective DLCs...

CVL98
05-13-2015, 03:44 AM
Those I have I just couldn't figure out why I wasn't finding those damnable cores yet and the paradise resources

CVL98
05-13-2015, 03:44 AM
Thank you. Almost at 4k now I just wasn't sure why I hadn't found any resources to start collecting.

MagnusRune Daltus
05-13-2015, 03:53 AM
you know how to check contracts? you might have a load of stuff already. also check the screen that shows all currencies. you might have 1 or 2 cores already.

Jimmie Mac
05-13-2015, 06:52 AM
The daily contract for Chimera, which gives you one cerulean core, requires that you do a specific co-op (check the Chimera contract each day) at the expert level. To enter expert co-ops on your own you need to have an ego of at least 5000. Until you get there you'll need to group up with someone who is 5K. The weekly contract for Paradise has moved to Expeditions but you'll need to finish a round at level 20 or higher. To start that high I think you also need to be 5K. Certainly you can start lower and work up.

And IMO the only weapon marginally worth buying from either of these vendors (Chimera and Paradise) is the Perforator (from Paradise). A lot of people (most) just use their cores to purchase T5 mods.

tpollett
05-14-2015, 10:01 AM
You also get rep for each PvP match you complete and for finishing an incursion. Also you get rep for the thorn liro arenas. Don't think you get any from the gunslinger arena's though.

Not sure how much rep you get from pvp but it's 5 per incursion and 25 from the thorn liro.