PDA

View Full Version : Personal observation of patch note point #2 of hotfix 3.006

crasher
05-15-2015, 01:37 PM
Defiance 3.006 (hotfix) - Patch Notes

PS3, PC & Xbox 360 Date:
NA: 5/6/15 @ 2:00 AM PDT (http://www.wolframalpha.com/input/?i=May+6+2015+10AM+PDT)
EU: 5/6/15 @ 3:00 AM GMT (http://www.wolframalpha.com/input/?i=3AM+GMT+May+6+2015)

GENERAL
* Increased the maximum inventory size from 400 to 500.
* Created a small window of invulnerability after being revived or using self-revive.

Well, as far as that last part goes, the 'small window' seems to be something like 'slightly less time than it takes to revive', because I've been dying a 2nd time pretty regularly before my 'toon has a chance to run out of the area I'd just (self) revived in.

And by 'out of the area' I mean approximately zero to two paces.

Thats my whine of the day.
ymmv, and it prolly does.
Bring it.

PhantasieTrion
05-15-2015, 09:28 PM
Hi

I tried this today as well, and it dosen't look like its working. I looked up the original changelist and talked to the dev, and it was supposed to be 7 seconds of invulnerability. Will see about getting it looked into, thanks for the report.

--Phantasie

Mister Derpenhowser
05-15-2015, 09:38 PM
Yep definitely not working. I went down in WM earlier, revived myself into instant death.

EvilAg3nt
05-15-2015, 09:45 PM
lol and they thought i was kidding...lol!

Gaige12
05-15-2015, 10:53 PM
Yep definitely not working. I went down in WM earlier, revived myself into instant death.

Yeah sorry about that. I would have put my Shield Spanners loving blue light and hamster ball on you, but i was in the kitchen getting another beer. :p

Gaasden
05-16-2015, 07:49 PM
shroud protocol pretty useless if it going to be 7seconds.

TheAmazingPothead
05-16-2015, 10:17 PM
Hi

I tried this today as well, and it dosen't look like its working. I looked up the original changelist and talked to the dev, and it was supposed to be 7 seconds of invulnerability. Will see about getting it looked into, thanks for the report.

--Phantasie

The invulnerability would be nice, but honestly the problem people have with being vulnerable after reviving is that they've been cornered by 10 or 12 warrior bugs and the boss and can't move, because they've just attacked the boss and gotten it down to half health thus spawning 20 more archers and warriors all at once, which is admittedly their fault....

But if you want to help those players out and make it more enticeing to use a hunter req to revive, you guys should make your characters hitbox able to move through enemy hitboxes for a few seconds after reviving, as getting trapped by the boss and warriors without being able to move is the real root problem

Cobra Crusher
05-16-2015, 10:19 PM
I thought it was meant for expeditions only? Thats the only place i see it working.

Nefarious
05-16-2015, 11:44 PM
it was supposed to be 7 seconds of invulnerability.

7 seconds? That's kinda ridiculous. I never even seen this feature being asked for once.

There's already very little penalty for dying as is in the Open World in the game, but I know what this is really geared towards and what the cause of it is, its Expeditions. But Expeditions are supposed to be the hard and challenging Content a lot of players have been waiting for. And they are already getting set up to be easier? This is the same thing that happened to Expert Co-ops.

Whats the use for a player having something like Shroud Protocol when there's a 7 second invulnerability in play? Im not going to want that as a Rig Ability to help save me on my self revive now that a 7 second invulnerability is going to be standard to have.

Nefarious
05-16-2015, 11:45 PM
How about this idea gets turned into a Rig Ability? Just as Mimic, Shroud Protocol, Rampager, & Reflex Protocol.

A ability that on self revive has 50/75/100% chance to give 7 Ablative Armor for 7 Seconds (Cooldown 60 Seconds.) ??

imo that's more sound then just giving players 7 seconds of invulnerability across the board.

Midnight
05-17-2015, 01:48 AM
How about 5 seconds of invulnerability and it also kicks in when you spawn in PvP...

Cobra Crusher
05-17-2015, 02:04 PM
How about 5 seconds of invulnerability and it also kicks in when you spawn in PvP...

Why theres people using invulnerabilty glitches in pvp anyway lol.

stefb42
05-17-2015, 02:30 PM
Thing is, if I'm alone in an expo, which is most of the time due to groups being split on entry, if I go down whatever put me down is still agro on me, I self revive and go down immediately and I'm still being attacked by multiple enemies, this will not encourage me to spend any reqs on getting back up, after all what's the point? No one around to take the agro so reviving would be a waste of reqs, getting enemies to leave my corpse alone while down would have been a better fix but I'll take whatever is going, maybe firing our guns should be disabled while invincible to balance it out and stop it being exploited

Midnight
05-17-2015, 09:34 PM
Why theres people using invulnerabilty glitches in pvp anyway lol.

Thought it might help discourage the spawn camping...

Atticus Batman
05-17-2015, 11:34 PM
Thought it might help discourage the spawn camping...

But it would further encourage those who dropout and rejoin PVP when they are having problems with an opponent, especially in Shadow Wars.

CM Kiwibird
05-28-2015, 04:50 PM
Hey there folks, this topic came up within another thread and I wanted to provide an update on it. This is something we were just discussing yesterday, and Dev time is dedicated to resolving this. I don't have an ETA on it just yet but we'll keep you posted.

crasher
05-29-2015, 09:35 AM
Hey there folks, this topic came up within another thread and I wanted to provide an update on it. This is something we were just discussing yesterday, and Dev time is dedicated to resolving this. I don't have an ETA on it just yet but we'll keep you posted.
I can't emphasize enough how much I for one appreciate your participation, in the manner you ( and Phantasie ) do, on the forums on our behalf.

CM Kiwibird
05-29-2015, 03:08 PM
Hey there everyone - I need some help so we can get this sorted out.

There should be a 5 second window of invulnerability after being revived or using self-revive in expeditions, but I'm seeing some reports that players aren't seeing this. We've tested it on live and we're seeing the window present.

If you're not getting 5 seconds of invulnerability after being revived or using self-revive in expeditions, I want to know what you did to get to that point so we can get that patched up. Let me know!

Gaasden
05-31-2015, 04:19 AM
Is it indicated anywhere? Like a cloak like effect or something? If so, i havent seen this happen a single time a i use self revive a lot.

SaikoTeek
05-31-2015, 08:15 AM
I did an expedition last night.

In the Hellbugs one, I was killed by those hatchling bombs,which are a little too strong, if I may say, and upon revive, started losing health again.

In another round with raiders, I was trapped and killed by turrets, upon revive, they kept shooting me again and I don't think there was any buffer before I was killed gain. I couldn't even get away before dying again.

Also, what's up with cloak failing? I cloak, touch a generator and have 4 turrets and every enemy blasting me to hell. Is it intended to be that way?

EvilAg3nt
05-31-2015, 07:09 PM
wondering if anyone else has noticed this?
it seems like<< if im under fire i can survive for a good while.
but,if i try to use my cloak/refresh shield,i Instantly die/go down.
im not quite understanding this,but its happening often enough for me to deffo notice the difference.

again,i can stand there and take bullets llike a Sponge,but if i even Try to use cloak and i get hit by Anything,a stray pebble falls from the ceiling,i trip and fall over a box,i Instantly die.

as far as some sort of invulnerability,well,id love to see that at work cause thats how i lost some of my Hr-s.
spawn die spawn die.
5 seconds is an eternity and would allow me to make some form of escape..if it worked....

Mister Derpenhowser
05-31-2015, 08:58 PM
Also, what's up with cloak failing? I cloak, touch a generator and have 4 turrets and every enemy blasting me to hell. Is it intended to be that way?

Cloak only works when you aren't interacting with objects, shooting or being shot. Tbh, its pretty useless 99% of the time. Decoy is the power of choice for expos :)

Smokey Black
05-31-2015, 10:31 PM
Decoy is the power of choice for expos :)
Decoy works so well, open a door someone decoys, their decoy goes down then you decoy.. by then the group had probably killed every enemy in the room if not have a third group member decoy. That will be enough to kill a Hellbug Monarch boss.