PDA

View Full Version : 10 minute video of Defiance PvP gameplay

MMORPGLife
08-18-2012, 10:46 AM
Hello everyone,

We went to Gamescom this year to cover MMORPG games, but most of all I wanted to check out all the games Trion has to show us this year. As part of our Defiance coverage I shot 10 minutes of gameplay video trying out different loadouts just to see all the abilities and weapons. I had loads of fun playing the game and I hope you guys will have fun watching this video. There is also an interview with one of the level designers we still have not released and we asked about whether the game will be free to play or not, but that will come in the next few days.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HnuWuIUySG8

Tip: The video is in full HD. Unfortunately, since we were basically shooting a computer monitor there are some artifacts from the monitor's glare itself in the first half of the video. Half way through we changed the angle and the picture is clearer.

Also, if you want to check out the rest of our coverage from Gamescom check out http://gamescom.mmorpg-life.com for more news

Arkamenitas
08-18-2012, 10:50 AM
"this video is private"

Arkamenitas
08-18-2012, 10:51 AM
also, the link at the bottom of your post does not work.

Arkamenitas
08-18-2012, 11:32 AM
oh, now it's working :)

PsychoticHamster
08-18-2012, 02:52 PM
Now something is confusing me about weapons. In a gamespot interview of this current map(or whatever it is) the dev speaking said something along the lines of "you can find this weapon in pvp and bring it to pve". But the battleground pvp system they're showcasing seems to indicate a "CoD"(if you will) style of weapon choice. Does this mean that the open world portion of Defiance won't have traditional weapon drops(with random stats and models) and will only have "x" amount of weapons?

Matt Treck
08-18-2012, 03:22 PM
Now something is confusing me about weapons. In a gamespot interview of this current map(or whatever it is) the dev speaking said something along the lines of "you can find this weapon in pvp and bring it to pve". But the battleground pvp system they're showcasing seems to indicate a "CoD"(if you will) style of weapon choice. Does this mean that the open world portion of Defiance won't have traditional weapon drops(with random stats and models) and will only have "x" amount of weapons?

No it does not, the weapons that you choose from in the instanced PvP are weapons that you have found or are given. There are still drops, lots and lots of drops.

Kalbuir
08-18-2012, 03:34 PM
real shame I didnt get to meet you, we should hook up if your still there tomorrow.

Von
08-18-2012, 04:25 PM
I've notice in PVP there is a standerd uniform for you character but
you can have a unqiue face which is probably a hold over from the
main world or it could be unqiue to just PVP.

I like if you haven't collected or bought alot of weapons in the main
world they'll give you some good ones to work with.

Arkamenitas
08-18-2012, 04:48 PM
as i recall from one of the other coverages, the "Loadouts" were solely for the purpose of the demo. not sure where i read/heard that. mighta been defiance central, mighta been elsewhere

Arkamenitas
08-18-2012, 04:49 PM
I've notice in PVP there is a standerd uniform for you character but
you can have a unqiue face which is probably a hold over from the
main world or it could be unqiue to just PVP.

I like if you haven't collected or bought alot of weapons in the main
world they'll give you some good ones to work with.

its also equally likely that the uniformity is in color only, and that in this case they simply copied a character for people to use rather than making many unique characters

JellyBean
11-14-2012, 01:13 PM
Great post thx!

Kalbuir
11-14-2012, 01:43 PM
Be sure to checkout the footage I made during gamescom think it's a total of about 30 - 40 min of PVP

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL951FAE8D10615093&feature=plcp

JellyBean
11-14-2012, 07:16 PM
Be sure to checkout the footage I made during gamescom think it's a total of about 30 - 40 min of PVP

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL951FAE8D10615093&feature=plcp

Really exciting stuff man. Kalbuir you're a beast in pvp lol

Kalbuir
11-15-2012, 01:55 AM
Really exciting stuff man. Kalbuir you're a beast in pvp lol

haha I hope so, plan to stream all my gameplay when the game comes out currently already preparing by streaming nightly as a test (other shooters). That being said to at GamesCom I was not a beast at PVP. You have to keep in mind that the people I was playing with came in the booth for the first time where I spend 4 days allmost none stop (not counting interviews) at the Defiance and TRION booths.

If you want to see beast then it would be the QA team that was at GamesCom, they had to tone it down if they filled an empty spot (person left early) else it would be totally not fun for the other players :). Can't remember exactly which video's are on there as some of my footage got lost when my camera was stolen at GamesCom but in some you actually just see me running around trying to jump on stuff instead of kill people.

Also melee combat was totally over powered in the E3 build (was the one at GamesCom), which according to the devs at GamesCom was already toned down a bit at that time internally.

Kal

Vega
11-18-2012, 03:08 AM