PDA

View Full Version : Ark salvage

Exchequer
04-05-2013, 12:26 PM
On streams I often see players break down their gear rather than selling it to merchants.

Now I bought the game myself (ego 120) and so far I have found only one use for ark salvage: to buy keys.

However I have 29 keys and the lockboxes cost 1000 scrip. I have less than 10k scrip so that makes me wonder: what is the point? Will there be more uses later?

Zyvaks
04-05-2013, 12:29 PM
ark salvage is the green honeycomb stuff right?
you use that for weapon modding too

RedPriest
04-05-2013, 12:30 PM
You can use Ark Salvage to add mod slots to your weapon. You also need it to remove mods from your weapon. So far that is all I know of though. But it costs a LOT to add a mod slot to a weapon.

Exchequer
04-05-2013, 12:42 PM
At my level I can only add one mod to my weapon and it is always a mod type that I do not have... :S.

cassell
04-05-2013, 12:43 PM
On streams I often see players break down their gear rather than selling it to merchants.

Now I bought the game myself (ego 120) and so far I have found only one use for ark salvage: to buy keys.

However I have 29 keys and the lockboxes cost 1000 scrip. I have less than 10k scrip so that makes me wonder: what is the point? Will there be more uses later?

Keep in mind that Defiance has a unique gear acquisition model. In most games you shoot stuff until it drops what you want, or you just do quests to get the same stuff as everyone else who did the quest. In Defiance KEYS and king. You can use Ark Salvage to buy keys and then use keys to buy loot boxes and mod caches.

99% of the junk I get from running around blowing stuff to bits gets salvaged. Then I can buy keys and loot boxes and get much better stuff. I have not seen purple or higher gear "drop" from just pew pewing things (that doesn't mean it won't) but I almost always get something purple from a loot box.