PDA

View Full Version : Questions? Concerns? This is your thread!

CM Kiwibird
05-18-2015, 03:23 PM
http://i.imgur.com/vSnA6f1.gif

Hey there all! We're collecting questions for this week's Defiance Developer Q&A!

If you have any questions you'd like to submit, please post them here. I will be drawing questions from this thread late in the day on Wednesday and locking it after questions have been drawn.

Look forward to hearing from you, everyone!

clay marrow
05-18-2015, 03:26 PM
will standard synergy t5 mods ever be introduced???

clay marrow
05-18-2015, 03:34 PM
what will the summer event be and when will it begin??

ratpie
05-18-2015, 03:42 PM
Are they working on the bugged incursions and sieges?

jumping in and out of war masters, co-ops, expeditions i hate getting duped by the same server that has the times stuck at 0000.

Thorax The Dark
05-18-2015, 03:50 PM
what are your plans with the eventual server shutdown for xbox 360 / ps3 for Defiance?

Ray8888
05-18-2015, 03:58 PM
Where are the broken chips and syns on the priority list?

dremora ven0m
05-18-2015, 04:04 PM
Can you sort the disconnects in boss fights along with all the other problems in alcatraz.
yet again i have critted out tonight after beating a boss & got nothing for my time & effort!
What is the point of pts if you release something with so many bugs?

Dixie Cougar
05-18-2015, 04:15 PM
Can you sort the disconnects in boss fights along with all the other problems in alcatraz.
yet again i have critted out tonight after beating a boss & got nothing for my time & effort!
What is the point of pts if you release something with so many bugs?

A couple of us reported the grenade bug on PTS but it didn't get fixed until 3 weeks after the update went live.

I guess the number of affected players wasn't that big (only users of oj nades).

Niner82
05-18-2015, 04:19 PM
Are they working on the bugged incursions and sieges?

jumping in and out of war masters, co-ops, expeditions i hate getting duped by the same server that has the times stuck at 0000.
^
This. When will this be implemented in on your busy schedule? It's hard to finish 7th contracts when a broken incursion doesn't go away.

Niner82
05-18-2015, 04:21 PM
what are your plans with the eventual server shutdown for xbox 360 / ps3 for Defiance?
Is this a reality, or are they just not making anymore games or consoles?

Kylae
05-18-2015, 04:53 PM
What are the plans to improve stability? I find most players can rarely play for an hour without atleast one restart and their is certain locations/instances known for high disconnect rates. Examples being: The Crater, WM arkfalls, Commander Cronkite to name a few. Any update on the work being done on this would be greatly appreciated as it feels from the gamer point of view that these issues are being ignored and at best "put on the back burner" in favor of profit generating work.

Vega
05-18-2015, 05:29 PM
Will Season 3 show crossover content be tied into expeditions?

Hexthat
05-18-2015, 05:47 PM
I wish I had a better quality pic, but I was playing on an old fish-tank tube. I don't want this fixed I want it to be intentional and not random.

http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/aa141/hexthat/5%20in%201.png

Bentu
05-18-2015, 06:52 PM
I wish I had a better quality pic, but I was playing on an old fish-tank tube. I don't want this fixed I want it to be intentional and not random.

http://s23.postimg.org/kfqle1655/5_in_1.png

Tried to fix it.

Mister Derpenhowser
05-18-2015, 07:55 PM
Guess I will repeat myself again....

When will expedition rng be addressed? It is meant to improve as rounds go on but it doesn't at all.

Dixie Cougar
05-18-2015, 08:31 PM
1,728 silicon shards and counting. Will I ever get a use for them?

BlackTalons
05-18-2015, 08:41 PM
What are you doing to get more manpower on the project?

How much damage is prevented by the protector BMG?

When can we expect results from the synergy feedback thread?

If damage reduction only stacks from diferent sources (best reduction from weapon, perk and shield) are cyber rigs a fourth, diferent source? Will this ever change?

Will you make a feedback thread of either shields, mods or masteries in the near future, like you did with synergies?

Can you throw some tentative balance changes on the PTS for testers to try and see if they work? The dont have to be perfect, they can be refined with comunity feedback.

Chump Norris
05-18-2015, 08:46 PM
Just because I like honesty and remember Rashere saying he was going to look at the math again.

FWIW, I want to take a closer look at this myself but its going to be time consuming to dig through it all, so not a huge priority relative to everything else that's going on. That's especially true because regardless of what I find, it doesn't change what's actually true in the game. If you can hit the cap without PvP right now, that'll still be true. If you can't, that'll also still be true.

Was it ever possible to hit the EGO cap without PvP?

Thorax The Dark
05-18-2015, 09:12 PM
1,728 silicon shards and counting. Will I ever get a use for them?

i could use some of those lol i like maxing out my rigs with the purple ones. i have yet to get any orange rigs or chips so purples are my main thing to go to at the moment. i would love to sell oj chips and rigs

Nefarious
05-18-2015, 09:34 PM
Will Rigs and Chips ever be tradable? (probably already been asked)

Idk what to ask really. Cant really ask about the soon upcoming content because ya cant give spoilers for that away. And cant really ask on would be-could be features as everything is now focused on Season 3.

QipQip
05-18-2015, 09:49 PM
Could the revive icon be updated to a timer?

When the game launched the little man filling up was a nice touch but unimportant to gameplay. Now with Expeditions the revive timer is crucial information.With shields,chips and ego skills all affecting it, an upgrade to the icon is sorely needed.

JOCCO5150
05-18-2015, 09:58 PM
Will you be making a weapon called "Battle Axe" in honor of axelle axe?

Octo
05-18-2015, 11:16 PM
Any news on resolving the issues with the friendlist (cap, ghost friends, friend requests bugged) and the clan list (so we can see every clanmates, not just the first ones) ?
- Also, an Inspect button for the friend requests can be really useful.

Are there any plans to add a new "sort" option in the inventory ?
Just like Type, Name, lvl and Value; a "Last" option could be very useful to see the last items we got.

Can you remove/hide the account names from the game ? :D
The friendlist/pvp scoreboards/friend requests are... disturbing.
- And it's not very safe, actually.

Bentu
05-18-2015, 11:42 PM
Just because I like honesty and remember Rashere saying he was going to look at the math again.

Was it ever possible to hit the EGO cap without PvP?

No. My first character on the EU server has done minimal pvp and is stuck just under it. Can't remember exact ego but if I was to grind some easy pvp xp I'd get there no trouble except from what I hear pvp is even worse now with these chip things being used.

Kuro29
05-19-2015, 12:25 AM
Will there ever be a PVP private set up match where people get to choose teams and not pop up randomly?
Everybody wants to fight with friends and sometimes even fight friends but with the system right now, It's kinda impossible.

PTR47
05-19-2015, 12:45 AM
Around the start of August last year, event rewards were severely nerfed and at around the same time, the price of things such as buying key codes increased dramatically. We were told that this was to stem the flow of new gear into the game while the items were being balanced.

We're well over six months now. Rashere has been doing a great job on redressing the weapons, and the Trion team is lucky to have him -- as are the players.

My question is two-fold:
(a) What is the state of gear balancing at this point? and
(b) When can we expect more balance of vendor prices (eg. redressing the significantly high key code prices)?

I do see that event rewards are under some scrutiny.

Crack
05-19-2015, 07:28 AM
Around the start of August last year, event rewards were severely nerfed and at around the same time, the price of things such as buying key codes increased dramatically. We were told that this was to stem the flow of new gear into the game while the items were being balanced.

We're well over six months now. Rashere has been doing a great job on redressing the weapons, and the Trion team is lucky to have him -- as are the players.

My question is two-fold:
(a) What is the state of gear balancing at this point? and
(b) When can we expect more balance of vendor prices (eg. redressing the significantly high key code prices)?

I do see that event rewards are under some scrutiny.

Great set of questions!

Put key prices back to what they were (both the salvage and scrip)...please! Grinding for resources is a major part of MMOs, and the HUGE increase in the cost of a key pretty much took resource grinding out of the game.

Kylae
05-19-2015, 07:52 AM
I know ark slavage's role was changed when ark forge was introduced. Now except to brand new players it seems unimportant to the level of being a pointless resource. Last time I looked I had over 10mil and I know I am by far not the largest ark salvage holder. Is this being looked at to give it a purpose or just remove it from the game? I know you can add it to script to buy keycodes. However, that is not a sufficent use of it as the balance of ark slavage to script earned is not appropriate to make that a good option.

Holy Bahamut3
05-19-2015, 08:11 AM
@kylae they said during the last live stream they would look into additional uses for scrip and salvage.

My question is, a while back it was brought up that it was being looked into about us being able to rename our weapons. Has that idea been "scrapped" or is it still possible, just not a priority?

CM Kiwibird
05-19-2015, 09:09 AM
Lots of great questions folks, keep 'em coming! I'll be pulling tomorrow.

Nicc0
05-19-2015, 09:17 AM
The usual Q&A where the community manager picks only the questions that the devs are comfortable to answer but the real problems and doubts about the game are never coming out.

Ryu Soba JP
05-19-2015, 09:41 AM
Any update on the DLC trophy issue? It's been months and they still do not unlock. This was acknowledge but never addressed.

Also, I dropped a Dev a PM in regards to the Hatchling grenades and was told the team was unaware there was an issue. Really devs? I know it's impossible to read each new post on forums but this hatchling issue for months has been posted and reposted and even a certain dev responded acknowledging they were not scaling properly.

DEATHBRINGER210
05-19-2015, 10:09 AM
yes when are our bug nades and infectors getting fixed ? the npcs hatchlings are working as intended why not ours? when are the expos going to stop stealing our reqs?

DEATHBRINGER210
05-19-2015, 11:22 AM
when is the booting from the game going to get fixed ? 2 years and no fix. we would love to play more than 15min without lag or going crit . enough is enough fix it the booting

SirServed
05-19-2015, 11:27 AM
Your Expedition loot policy rewards neither Skill nor Hard Work in the endgame, what do you plan to do with all of the excess Silicon Shards that players have generated?

Niner82
05-19-2015, 11:31 AM
Will ask yet again so maybe it gets answered. I know it's already been asked. When are Diablo Station, an the Quarry Seiges, Incursions going to be fixed? I especially miss the Diablo Afflicted ones. Also, what is going on with the game the last few weeks? Enemies run in place, and when their shield and health bars deplete, they do not die.

Ray8888
05-19-2015, 12:17 PM
The afflictions and sieges started working for me again after the server reboot last night. Even the one that is always stuck at Diablo lighthouse.

Niner82
05-19-2015, 12:22 PM
The afflictions and sieges started working for me again after the server reboot last night. Even the one that is always stuck at Diablo lighthouse.
Haven't been on since then, will have to check tonight.

ratpie
05-19-2015, 12:51 PM
what you can do is go to your friends list some
will have a green check and some will have the red x.

try porting to any of the red x friends, for a different shard.
good luck not getting back in the bugged server later.

Tyler Sunder
05-19-2015, 02:12 PM
1. Will shard vendor be updated to make it worthy of being endgame content. 2. Will sludge hammer be safe from nerfs in the future. 3. Will we ever see a turret in the raptor turret seat.

DEATHBRINGER210
05-19-2015, 02:15 PM
1. Will shard vendor be updated to make it worthy of being endgame content. 2. Will sludge hammer be safe from nerfs in the future. 3. Will we ever see a turret in the raptor turret seat.

nothing is safe from a nerf . nothing

vPR3D4TORv
05-19-2015, 02:31 PM
Hey, why all so excited? Can it be that someone not notices that it now goes only to 'PAY'! Payed for an "Regulars Pass"! For what - Arkcrafts, which you must pay ''500 to get from purple to oj'' = and 3 or 6 to level down a Item" [only to look that is biggest Joke ever ] ??? A Pack of Sht-Loot??? For a coin that is easily cashed at server restart ??? For Chip-Puller you must pay separate!!! ZZzzzz..... The game is a 'MEGA-PAY TO PLAY - GAME' become !!! Why are they allowed to use the name 'FREE TO PLAY'? That it is no longer !!! The Fun to play this Game is gone - and many Player will follow...

Johnny Stranger
05-19-2015, 02:54 PM
it appears trion can actually fix what they perceive as important. That being said, where does the importance of fixing server stability (not just putting a note saying it has been) ? Even without events going on , the lag and disconnects is almost as bad as when the last event was run .

Also, I believe all our toons should get weekly HR's .... after all we paid for them ... one way or another... just saying... So do you think that this is going to be possible ?If not than how about more than 3 HR's per week to get the damn dailies done ? I mean you did make most of the weeklies and some dailies Alcatraz based....giving 3 hr's to 1 toon doesn't help the people that play all or more toons than one ... again , just saying...

CM Kiwibird
05-19-2015, 03:09 PM
where does the importance of fixing server stability (not just putting a note saying it has been) ? Even without events going on , the lag and disconnects is almost as bad as when the last event was run .

Hey there, we are looking into these cases. I've said this in the past but it's worth repeating! If you're having trouble with disconnects, please send your ping and trace routes over to me (https://support.trionworlds.com/hc/en-us/articles/203364528-How-to-run-network-tests) via PM or send them over to our support team for review. Please be sure to include the approximate time of disconnect and any additional information that you believe might be helpful.

As always, it helps to include platform and region in these reports. :o This will help with our investigation.

Holy Bahamut3
05-19-2015, 03:20 PM
While I agree that server stability is important, I don't see how spamming "fix your servers" or " when will you address the servers or stability" during every Q&A s constructive. Can we limit this thread to questions that haven't been answered in the last three Q&A's please?

Johnny Stranger
05-19-2015, 03:24 PM
While I agree that server stability is important, I don't see how spamming "fix your servers" or " when will you address the servers or stability" during every Q&A s constructive. Can we limit this thread to questions that haven't been answered in the last three Q&A's please?

fair enough HB, just had a hard time staying connected today, so of course that was at the top of my mind per say... I do or would like to know about the distribution of weekly hr's to possibly include our other toons , or to give our one main toon to receive enough to do ALL the dailies and weeklies (should not have to be done on one HR in like 5 hours imo)

Niner82
05-19-2015, 03:25 PM
Hey, why all so excited? Can it be that someone not notices that it now goes only to 'PAY'! Payed for an "Regulars Pass"! For what - Arkcrafts, which you must pay ''500 to get from purple to oj'' = and 3 or 6 to level down a Item" [only to look that is biggest Joke ever ] ??? A Pack of Sht-Loot??? For a coin that is easily cashed at server restart ??? For Chip-Puller you must pay separate!!! ZZzzzz..... The game is a 'MEGA-PAY TO PLAY - GAME' become !!! Why are they allowed to use the name 'FREE TO PLAY'? That it is no longer !!! The Fun to play this Game is gone - and many Player will follow...
Um, relax there buddy before you have a heart attack. A lot of things are still free, don't let Alcatraz get to you man.

BOBIWAN86
05-19-2015, 03:26 PM
Is this a reality, or are they just not making anymore games or consoles?

twas announced two years ago, XBL on the 360 dies in 2016. no exact date given. Defiance is not on the Xbox One. It would seem, though this is a guess and it is unsaid, due to the way the mods and devs keep dodging it, that they plan to milk this until that happens then drop it entirely.

CM Kiwibird
05-19-2015, 03:26 PM

We can, but people come here for answers may not know that their question has been already answered. I don't want to make this less inviting to newcomers, but I could include a FAQ within future gathering threads to help us get past that.

Sound good?

Bentu
05-19-2015, 06:07 PM
Is it possible to get a toggle system to remove icons in the hud much like the legend.

I don't need half the things in the heads up display.

Holy Bahamut3
05-19-2015, 06:13 PM
fair enough HB, just had a hard time staying connected today, so of course that was at the top of my mind per say... I do or would like to know about the distribution of weekly hr's to possibly include our other toons , or to give our one main toon to receive enough to do ALL the dailies and weeklies (should not have to be done on one HR in like 5 hours imo)

I understand, stability is an issue for me as well, and my statement wasn't an attack on you personally. Im sorry if it came across as such. Just tired of reading the same question across multiple threads, and on every Q&A. The answer is always we're looking into it, and contact us and we'll try to track your particular instance down. Every time they answer it I can't help but feel it was a wasted question to be answered.

Holy Bahamut3
05-19-2015, 06:24 PM
We can, but people come here for answers may not know that their question has been already answered. I don't want to make this less inviting to newcomers, but I could include a FAQ within future gathering threads to help us get past that.

Sound good?

I understand, it seems like its the same ones asking across multiple threads sometimes. If I'm getting frustrated, I can only imagine how frustrating it is for you guys. In a moment of weakness I allowed that frustration to spill over into this thread and for that I'm sorry. Now back to you regular scheduled questions.

http://imgur.com/UKmTyma.gif

Altras
05-19-2015, 07:07 PM
What's the scoop on Community Pursuits, and possible Community synergies?

Niner82
05-19-2015, 07:37 PM
Nope sorry, for me the Tower Quarry is still stuck at 00:00.

Mister Derpenhowser
05-19-2015, 08:05 PM

Sound good?

Plus links to the 2 or 3 Q&A's be good I reckon. Lets everyone know what was recently answered aswell :)

Kylae
05-19-2015, 10:21 PM
This may have been asked in a previous q&a and if it was sorry for the repeat. Any chance the continue expedition popup window on the hud is going to be moved? It blocks the place where you would see who is in your group. This has caused a couple times of people who left group accidently to not be entered into alcatraz with the rest of the group because no one could see they had dropped out.

Chump Norris
05-19-2015, 11:42 PM
Can we get the old +% self revive mastery rolls added back to the game since they have a purpose now?

It should all still be in the code somewhere since pre patch weps still have the roll right?

Ray8888
05-20-2015, 02:10 AM
Nope sorry, for me the Tower Quarry is still stuck at 00:00.

and its back to all jacked up. All night tonight. Guess I just got lucky.

Bentu
05-20-2015, 05:21 AM
I think this has been asked before but I didn't see a reply.

When an incursion reaches the final stage say at Bath House can you add a timer to it when you view it on the map, similar to what you have done on the sieges.
Often I go to one and it's reached round 7 or 8 which is a waste of time going to.

Lithova
05-20-2015, 05:47 AM
Whats going on with Patron pass users not getting the 10% discount on all in game store items purchases? I did a quick Google search and see this was noted previously @ the BBB website. Perhaps revising the advert on your store page is in order or better yet actually granting patron holders the 10% discount on in game items as advertised. Failure to do that then maybe removing particular items like the new bundles from the in game store is required.

Will you please consider implementing ways for players to earn HR (hunter reqs) and Chip pullers through missions rewards, co-ops, lockbox drops etc etc etc

Any plans to implement better anti cheat(s) within the near future?

Grandpa Ace
05-20-2015, 07:15 AM
Your Expedition loot policy rewards neither Skill nor Hard Work in the endgame, what do you plan to do with all of the excess Silicon Shards that players have generated?

I have to agree with this. Last night I ended up in first place in an Expedition; only to have the last (4th) place player receive the only Legendary (OJ) rig. BALOGNA--what ever happened to earning the best reward for the hardest work?

Altras
05-20-2015, 07:26 AM
Saw a lot of questions on Silicon Shards. Maybe make rigs and chips upgradable using Silly Shards?

Holy Bahamut3
05-20-2015, 08:39 AM
Saw a lot of questions on Silicon Shards. Maybe make rigs and chips upgradable using Silly Shards?

I like that idea. ^

It would affect the bottom line favorably because people would need to play expeditions more to acquire the shards to level up the gear they can only get from playing expeditions. It would lead to more PP subscriptions and more HR purchases.

It was so good I also added it to my suggestion thread Altras.
http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?214408-A-few-suggestions.

SanCarioca
05-20-2015, 09:45 AM
Several good questions in this thread. I'd like to reinforce some of them, hoping they won't get the same "no" treatment it has been unfortunately too common in recent Q&A's

1) The community is definitely asking for a way to either sort their inventory by "last acquired", "unfavorited" or just give me a key to go directly to the end of the inventory screen. You see, when I return from expeditions with all those T4 MODs I just earned, I need to review them, in order to know which synergy/weapons they should go to. Then I need to scroll back to said weapons. Again to the bottom, for new MODs, and so on.

To me, the ideal inventoy screen would separate items in different windows (weapons, MODS, chips, etc...), but for now, please, give us a quick way to access our last acquired items

2) I still think all matchmaking options should have a SOLO/QUEUE option. If I enter a matchamking SOLO, only me (or my group) can take part on it. If I enter a matchmaking in QUEUE mode, I'm saying it must wait for at least one more player to join me before it starts.

Im sorry, but it's too much work to keep asking around whether people would like to run a co-op arena or expedition with me, then group, then start matchmaking. On the other hand, I have been actually harassed during two expeditions: in one, the guy said he wanted to run it solo, and I should have asked him before joining him. In the other, I was the 4th to join and people were annoyed by the fact that "I took" their last friend slot.

I'm not saying these people are wrong in their feelings. But I'm certainly doing what the game allows me to do. Either way, it's a displeasant situation both parts experience, that would be completely unnecessary if the game took care of it. I think the above solution makes it clear what everybody wants to do.

Trion, you must understand that you have raised expectations very high when you started to "charge" for premium content. Hunter Requisitions are, today, a prized possession, a valuable currency. And as such, they provoke all kinds of exacerbated (or justified, from the players' POV) demands. Some people may want to spend an HR to solo an expedition, but I don't, and we both pay for it. Please, take all the "griefing" situations here into consideration.

I think the matchmaking system for daily expert missions work quite well

jon22
05-20-2015, 02:13 PM
.....da hell do you play this game? I can do all the shooty stuff and exploring and following objectives, but there's a lot I'm not sure of such as requirements to buy certain things,rep with different groups, what some things do and all that. I've turned into a casual gamer but meh comes with age I guess.

CM Kiwibird
05-20-2015, 02:28 PM
I can do all the shooty stuff and exploring and following objectives, but there's a lot I'm not sure of such as requirements to buy certain things,rep with different groups, what some things do and all that. I've turned into a casual gamer but meh comes with age I guess.

Check out Defiance Data (defiancedata.com), it's a great resource for new and returning players. :)

CM Kiwibird
05-20-2015, 03:07 PM
Hey all, added reminder, questions will be pulled within the hour. Get them in now or you'll have to hold out until next week!

Lithova
05-20-2015, 03:21 PM
I'd like to put in a few more questions.

Will RNG ever be fixed to scale properly, I've experienced where I'm at the top of the scoreboard but my rewards are greens or blues, other times I've experienced I've killed more targets in CoOp sometimes nearly double then the next closet guy on my team and yet I'm being placed in second or third and rewards are still fabulously awful.

The scoreboard bug is still present any word on when this will be fixed?

Will we ever see an option to turn off the bmg effect or the very least see them completely toned down to the point they are no longer obnoxious?

CM Kiwibird
05-20-2015, 03:24 PM
Will we ever see an option to turn off the bmg effect or the very least see them completely toned down to the point they are no longer obnoxious?

We actually cover this one here in question #3 (http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?208554). :o It's on the list of what we're looking at adjusting but adjusting the BMG is trickier.

Lithova
05-20-2015, 03:27 PM
We actually cover this one here in question #3 (http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?208554)! :o

Ahh in that case, when can we expect the changes to be implemented in regards to the vfx on those weapons mainly the bmg...

Dixie Cougar
05-20-2015, 03:31 PM
That's a really vague answer.

It would be better to simply remove the healing beam VFX entirely until it can be fixed.

CM Kiwibird
05-20-2015, 04:42 PM
Hey all, questions are being pulled now. Keep an eye out for the results in the news and announcements section this Friday. Appreciate all the responses!