PDA

View Full Version : Just curious about the games startup

SatinPJ
05-19-2015, 05:10 AM
So you've turned on your PS3, selected Defiance an the game loads.

First prompt is to press start to play (seems this is just a hold over from days longs since gone by yes I want to play the game I selected it and let it load, is in today's term a useless pause).

Second prompt is to patch (ok, nice to know the client is going to check and patch if one is available, but again a useless prompt since you must patch to play, and stated above I want to play the game).

Third prompt is to to play the game (pretty much asked me three times if I wanted to play the game after I selected the game to play. Reminds of the shy girl you invite over for dinner and drinks and when you offer her a drink she says no three times when you both know that's why she's there to eat, drink, and have meaningful conversation.)

I can appreciate redundancy being built into a gaming hierarchy but this is just in the wrong spot, it's your hardware and database that should have it and be capable of seamless failover.

Great game, fun to play, just my thought for the day as I drink my first cup of coffee and wonder why the hell I got out of bed in the first place.

Bentu
05-19-2015, 06:38 AM
Great game, fun to play, just my thought for the day as I drink my first cup of coffee and wonder why the hell I got out of bed in the first place.

I was wondering the same, great first post and long may they continue.

Major Crapshot
05-19-2015, 06:45 AM
LOL. Nice observation.

I think that the players that have been around any length of time will look at those three prompts more like:

Are you sure you want to play?
Really? Even with the anger-inducing issues that crop up?
Last chance, chief. Are you *ABSOLUTELY*, *POSITIVELY* sure? ;)

Don't get me wrong. I love the game and play every day but sometimes on PS3...

Welcome to Defiance! Hit me and my clannie up on PS3 NA if were on at the same time. In-game I'm Major Crapgame and he's SGM Ironside.

MagnusRune Daltus
05-19-2015, 08:58 AM
well from the xbox point of view

its start up game (makes sense)

press start and select the storage device that has the files saved to it (makes sense)

then press a to start patching (or press y to switch server, then press a) (makes sense)

patching ends, asked to press a again. (well kinda makes sense, what if you are stil reading patch notes? and it patched to fast? but really it should just go thorough to select character)

so yes, you need to say 5 time in a row you want to play, before you actually load in. which is kinda excessive. but you cant really have it auto advance.

start game, select storage, start patch, finish patch, select character

Gaige12
05-19-2015, 09:19 AM
well from the xbox point of view

its start up game (makes sense)

press start and select the storage device that has the files saved to it (makes sense)

then press a to start patching (or press y to switch server, then press a) (makes sense)

patching ends, asked to press a again. (well kinda makes sense, what if you are stil reading patch notes? and it patched to fast? but really it should just go thorough to select character)

so yes, you need to say 5 time in a row you want to play, before you actually load in. which is kinda excessive. but you cant really have it auto advance.

start game, get beer, select storage, drink beer, start patch, get beer, drink beer, get another beer, drink that one, get another, drink it, finish patch, get food, select character, forget what you were doing. :(

fixed your poast :D

Cobra Crusher
05-19-2015, 02:55 PM
Wow do you all have ADHD or something? lol