PDA

View Full Version : expedition crystals

whit
05-19-2015, 10:13 AM
Done a few expeditions but not sure what to do when I come across those big crystals. Some I think you have to shoot, others avoid ? They have different purposes in different situations ? Are there other similar objects ?

In general, are there any good expedition guides around yet ? Looking for boss tactics and hiding places.

Gaige12
05-19-2015, 10:28 AM
Shoot them when the npc's are near them for extra damage.

They'll also do damage to team mates so don't shoot them unless someone needs a good trolling. :D

Telemachus
05-20-2015, 02:26 AM
They're like the explosive barrels.

Jeff Lonestar
05-20-2015, 02:30 AM
Dekuso's Offspring Boss also uses them to recharge his Shields & Armor Plates... break all of them when fighting that boss or he'll take forever to kill on high tier.

Deadeye Joe
05-20-2015, 02:40 AM
I tried to formulate a coherent answer but your avatar pic has warped my mind. Yea I avoid crystals except in dykuso fight.. Even then gotta make sure your buddies are clear... Hivelord spawns them, but only to be a pain and make using explosives a bit risky.

crazyged
05-20-2015, 02:51 AM
I shoot them from a safe distance as a general rule.

Nothing more annoying than being stuck in a corner, surrounded by crystals while all hell is bearing down on you!

TNO
05-20-2015, 03:39 AM
They'll also do damage to team mates so don't shoot them unless someone needs a good trolling. :D

Damnit, don't shoot the crystals when I'm standing right next to it. lol

EvilAg3nt
05-20-2015, 08:59 AM
I shoot them from a safe distance as a general rule.

Nothing more annoying than being stuck in a corner, surrounded by crystals while all hell is bearing down on you!

the other nite we were fighting in expo and it spawned like 2 Rows!! of crystals in a hallway,trapped us between them with tons of enemies...
talk about Dicey moves!

as far as guides,go scope Youtube out,theres tons of vids there to watch n learn :)

konstantinov
05-20-2015, 09:18 AM
The 1st day or so the group I was running with was a field day or trolling. Being on either the giving or the receiving made for some good laughs.

whit
05-20-2015, 09:28 AM
Yea I avoid crystals except in dykuso fight.. Even then gotta make sure your buddies are clear..

Thanks all, sounds like the safe bet is to avoid them apart from the dekuso ones.

as far as guides,go scope Youtube out,theres tons of vids there to watch n learn :)

I know there are probably loads on youtube that's why I specified good guides in the hope that someone might have already trawled through them !

Now we have 3.010, I guess there won't be as many expeditions taking place ...