PDA

View Full Version : Beta-Invite > now Alpha-Invite???

Captain Miller
02-12-2013, 02:12 AM
hi

last week i get a beta-invite > it was awesome!!! thanks for that!
but today i get a alpha-invite? whats the reason for that?

see you next time
cm

Primus Palus
02-12-2013, 02:20 AM
You're lucky. :P I haven't gotten one of those but the Community Manager Lance James (Myll_Erik) said they sent some invites out. Not sure what his reasons were for picking who they did. I'd say some of the ways people got picked were:

- Watching and participating in streams
- Posting on the forums and being a productive member
- Doing odd things for the dev team to get noticed

If you only have this one post I'm guessing you weren't here on these forums. You might have caught someones eyes on the beta forums if you posted there. Maybe it was luck of the draw and they randomly flagged your account. ;)

Either way, be thankful and enjoy your exclusive access.

Fiancee
02-12-2013, 02:36 AM
Alpha beta is ongoing process, I suppose they liked you. Shouldnt TW reward those and give some bits to good beta testers. :cool:

Im too lazy I just hate if I have to lose everything. (wipe)

Opacus
02-12-2013, 02:39 AM
Well, if you actually played in the beta that could have been a contributing factor. I can't tell from your original post because you just said you got an invite not if you actually played. If you actually played and contributed meaningful input that's probably why you got an alpha invite. I logged into my email and was shocked to randomly find an alpha invite in my inbox but then I thought about it and figured someone probably just took notice of the few dozen or so bug reports and comments I filled out during the beta.

Primus Palus
02-12-2013, 02:48 AM
Im too lazy I just hate if I have to lose everything. (wipe)

All part of the game of testing. I remember doing the starting area for Rift about 10 different times, and I'm on my fifteenth character give or take for Path of Exile which I've been testing for months. Lots of wipes there.

Captain Miller
02-12-2013, 02:49 AM
thanks for answers!
ohh yes > i played the beta a lot > all three day's > everyday more then 8 hours :D
it's awesome!

Primus Palus
02-12-2013, 02:55 AM
thanks for answers!
ohh yes > i played the beta a lot > all three day's > everyday more then 8 hours :D
it's awesome!

Nice. Wish I didn't work EVERY weekend. All the good stuff always happens on the weekends. To top it off, I work nights so I get a couple hours a day IF that to play games. But enjoy, have fun with the Alpha. I don't know if they have any Alpha forums, and if a thread like this exists... but if you find any bugs, post them to the thread in my signature (the compiled list).

Dead_Phoenix
02-12-2013, 03:19 AM
As primus said either you've been valuable in someway. Ot just randomly picked in a lottery style selection.

Just don't waste out :) find those bugs and get devs to sort them so we don't have to experience them on release!

Shane5484
02-12-2013, 07:20 AM
I also recieved an Alpha invite yesterday, downloaded and patched last night and will check it out tonight. Cant wait.

Dead_Phoenix
02-12-2013, 07:30 AM
I also recieved an Alpha invite yesterday, downloaded and patched last night and will check it out tonight. Cant wait.

im getting sure Trion are activly trying to take code hunters off us.

soon ita just going to be me and the tin of spam iv named Phil.

Tombs
02-12-2013, 07:33 AM
same here i just checked my email got alpha invite....soo doing patches hopefuly my ego 175 still there..lol

need help Tombs is my main

Shane5484
02-12-2013, 07:56 AM
sorry bud you start over with new Character.

cab0218
02-12-2013, 08:26 AM
I gave alot of good feedback too. Hopefully I will get one too.

Archangel
02-12-2013, 08:33 AM
Very lucky to have gotten an Alpha. Wife and I are now praying each night for one lol. We had such a blast during beta, we just wish we had more time to explore everything and give our feedback.

So enjoy that alpha and be super grateful they picked you.

Myll_Erik
02-12-2013, 09:56 AM
Howdy Folks!

Please respect the NDA and keep all mentions of alpha related to the alpha boards - thanks!

Rizzlok
02-12-2013, 10:01 AM
fingers crossed for a alpha for the consoles :>

Archangel
02-12-2013, 10:10 AM
Howdy Folks!

Please respect the NDA and keep all mentions of alpha related to the alpha boards - thanks!

will do Erik :o

kndust
02-13-2013, 01:18 AM
I was also sent an Alpha invite yesterday and I already updated server but nothing yet as far as any playtime

ItISLupus
02-13-2013, 01:45 AM
I wish I could get an alpha invite...only on the 360.

Primus Palus
02-13-2013, 01:58 AM
I wish I could get an alpha invite...only on the 360.

I imagine they'll be having some Alpha people for the consoles. Just to make sure everything connects all right.

Dead_Phoenix
02-13-2013, 02:01 AM
I imagine they'll be having some Alpha people for the consoles. Just to make sure everything connects all right.

im not so sure, because the game is jointly developed on cross platform system. so faults in one will be faults on the other. so its not needed, especially when you have to factor in the costs of putting an alpha on the consoles.

there will be beta to stress test servers and iron things out but i doubt there will be an alpha to

Primus Palus
02-13-2013, 04:06 AM
im not so sure, because the game is jointly developed on cross platform system. so faults in one will be faults on the other. so its not needed, especially when you have to factor in the costs of putting an alpha on the consoles.

there will be beta to stress test servers and iron things out but i doubt there will be an alpha to

Not necessarily. With the consoles you're adding in the factor of Playstations Network, and Live. They're not dealing with that now in the office, but it very well could be an issue for the general public. I imagine they'll want to make sure the connections are all working.

Dead_Phoenix
02-13-2013, 04:18 AM
Not necessarily. With the consoles you're adding in the factor of Playstations Network, and Live. They're not dealing with that now in the office, but it very well could be an issue for the general public. I imagine they'll want to make sure the connections are all working.

thats why they need betas and not alphas :) alphas are for bugs and mechanic exploits etc, since there is a massivly reduced population its not exactly going to test the psn or xbox networks

Primus Palus
02-13-2013, 04:19 AM
thats why they need betas and not alphas :) alphas are for bugs and mechanic exploits etc, since there is a massivly reduced population its not exactly going to test the psn or xbox networks

Alpha as in the term they use it for... continuous testing not timed. That's what I was referring to. An Open Beta wouldn't be bad, but I'd think they still want to make sure everything is connected first before they put it out there like that.

soulflymoon
02-13-2013, 09:21 AM
myll plz send me an answer i already pre order the game and i didint get alpha beta plz

Agonist
02-13-2013, 09:44 AM
myll plz send me an answer i already pre order the game and i didint get alpha beta plz

Don't quote me but ... From what I understand, pre orders get into beta and getting into alpha is random invites.

Primus Palus
02-13-2013, 09:45 AM

Pre-orders get beta access, not alpha. You'll have to wait until the next beta event.

SeroRamai
02-13-2013, 09:47 AM
I keep getting my hopes up every morning when I wake up to see my e-mail. During the 3-day beta I was off from work for medical conditions, so I ended up spending my entire days driving around looking for arkfalls.

My downside was I never found any unique bugs :( The few I found were already reported by a large group of others.
Not that it stopped me from reporting them in...

Agonist
02-13-2013, 09:49 AM
I keep getting my hopes up every morning when I wake up to see my e-mail. During the 3-day beta I was off from work for medical conditions, so I ended up spending my entire days driving around looking for arkfalls.

My downside was I never found any unique bugs :( The few I found were already reported by a large group of others.

Bad timing all around. We had a blizzard come through and had intermittent power failures. Got in some pve and had a blast .. can't wait to get some pvp next round.

Primus Palus
02-13-2013, 09:52 AM

Be careful with talking about the beta on these forums. ;)

SeroRamai
02-13-2013, 11:54 AM
Be careful with talking about the beta on these forums. ;)

Im watching my line. :P I dont want to risk missing out on a chance for alpha by talking about beta.