PDA

View Full Version : Does The World Change?

Nost
04-05-2013, 01:05 PM
Wanted to ask a question I'm about 200 EGO and it seems that the land just never changes or shoould I say the zone / zones? I'm enjoying the game but I'm getting kinda bored with the same looking land or zone each time. Was wondering if anyone is a higher ego and is the zones actually change?

Thank you

russell733
04-05-2013, 01:26 PM
Well when you get to San Francisco it sort of does, but it gets bleaker and more deserted and ruined. But its fun for off road driving

Nost
04-05-2013, 01:35 PM
When you get outta the tutorial area aren't you in SF? I'm pretty sure I'm in SF by now but it seems the the zones don't change? ..

VLX11387
04-05-2013, 01:38 PM
No the zones are pretty static throughout but keep in mind it is only one city. I hope in the future they add a snow continent/city to explore and quest in ^^

djin
04-05-2013, 01:38 PM
No, San Fran is the little island in the south on the map. When you leave the tutorial, you start at Mount Tam in the center of the entire map (even the inaccessible parts)

Mugsy
04-05-2013, 01:43 PM
This is something that I also wanted to also ask about. I recently got bored with the game and decided to go on a road trip. I drove all the way to the golden gate and was very disappointing how little there is to see except and endless repetition of copy paste structures and landscapes.

Maybe I been spoil by the GW series in this regards since even GW1 with its dated engine did a good job in keeping the environments diverse (withing reason) and it actually encourage exploration. I look at the map in Defiance and it looks bland, incredible so.

This was a planet that got shower by pieces of gigantic ships and it was teraform by weird alien tech. There should be titanic wrecks, huge craters, forest of strange flora. Use your imagination, is bloody science fiction.

I'm hoping a miss something in my route. Has any other explores found anything worth mentioning?

Blackwolfe
04-05-2013, 01:54 PM
After the tutorial you are in the san francisco bay area, not san francisco itself.