PDA

View Full Version : Question about mastery

Ashlocke
05-22-2015, 05:19 AM
Currently I'm saving my arkforge to upgrade some of my more favorite purple guns. They all have purple mastery rolls. I'm curious about something, if I reset the mastery of a purple weapon, then upgrade it to orange, does it get an orange mastery roll when I finally mastery it again?

The reason I ask what seems like an obviously dumb question is I vaguely remember something about mastery rolls already being rolled when a weapon drops, but it doesn't show until you actually master it. If that's the case then if I reset the mastery while it's purple, it gets another purple mastery roll set to it, then upgrade to orange, and when I finally master it, the PURPLE mastery roll appears.

Or does the mastery roll generate when you actually master the weapon?

Basically I'm trying to save some arkforge by resetting the mastery of several weapons while they are still purple rather than resetting them after I upgrade them to Legendary.

I hope my question made sense. :p

Johnny Stranger
05-22-2015, 05:32 AM
reset purple mastery, than upgrade that purple gun to Orange , shoot the now orange gun and when mastered it will produce an OJ mastery... side note, if you have a purple damage mastery , it's only a 1% increase , so I would just keep the purple damage mastery...imo , also, I mastered a purple gun with .80 recoil, the oj mastery is .75, I will be keeping the purple mastery most likely when I upgrade this gun to orange..

Ray8888
05-22-2015, 05:32 AM
I had the same questions...
http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?211166-Weapon-rarity-upgrades-w-masteries-questions

Ashlocke
05-22-2015, 07:37 AM
Ah, so the mastery roll is indeed generated upon mastering the weapon as I originally thought.
Thank you for confirming this.

stefb42
05-22-2015, 07:57 AM
Ah, so the mastery roll is indeed generated upon mastering the weapon as I originally thought.

Not entirely sure the roll is generated on mastery, before resets were available the devs told us that mastery is generated with the weapon and is hidden from us, mastering would reveal this hidden roll

Not sure if they changed how the masteries are generated when they made resets available, but the fact you need to have clean xp on a purple when you upgrade to orange to get orange mastery suggests the bonus still isn't decided at mastery, or you wouldn't need clean xp on upgrade, if it was decided at mastery weapon xp wouldn't matter when upgrading as long as it wasn't mastered, but the xp has to be clean on upgrade

Or put another way, you have your purple gun and you use it a bit then upgrade it before mastering it, the mastery will still be purple, if it was decided at mastery the game would see the gun was oj and assign an orange mastery, but it doesn't meaning mastery was decided before you upgraded

MagnusRune Daltus
05-22-2015, 08:00 AM
Not entirely sure the roll is generated on mastery, before resets were available the devs told us that mastery is generated with the weapon and is hidden from us, mastering would reveal this hidden roll

this is the way i understood it.

that a purple gun unmastered (brand new or re-set) when taken to OJ will keep its purple mastery, as it was already set.

and that you had to take a gun to OJ, then re-master it to get an OJ roll.

but at the end of the day, whats 25AF.

alienstookmybeer
05-22-2015, 08:25 AM

Can't say for certain, but I don't think that's how it works. I imagine the mastery is still generated at weapon creation as was originally described by Trick. Additionally, a new mastery is probably created when the Reroll Mastery is selected from the Salvage Matrix or when an unmastered weapon has a Rarity Upgrade.

Otherwise if what you said was actually correct then the really old school weapons could no longer pull the mastery bonuses that were removed like self-revive (I think it should still be able to pull an antique mastery as long as the weapon mastery was never re-rolled or had it's rarity upgraded).

Johnny Stranger
05-22-2015, 08:47 AM
from Defiance Data....
"Re-roll Mastery Bonus

You can now reset the mastery bonus of a weapon from the salvage matrix. Re-rolled bonuses are hidden until the weapon is mastered again.

If you upgrade a weapon's rarity before mastering it, the mastery will be rolled from the new tier. If you upgrade a weapon's rarity while it's already mastered, you need to re-roll the mastery bonus to get a higher tier bonus."

if I read this correctly, you first reset your mastery on your purple item, than change the rarity to Orange, than start using it and the new mastery should be an orange master roll

SirServed
05-22-2015, 11:15 AM
Since the change, you can get a weapon as Purple and make it Orange to get a Legendary Tier mastery, even before mastering it the very first time ever.

Ashlocke
05-24-2015, 02:20 AM
I have a follow up question regarding mastery bonus rolls:
I have a really old Courier that I had rolled a +6 mag mastery on ages ago. I recently upgraded it to orange for the increased damage mainly. It went from around 33k dmg to 39k damage, the orange damage roll was nice.

So, my question is, since it's an old weapon, if I were to reset the mastery, does it roll on the old mastery table? I.E. I'm aiming for the +8 mag roll instead of the current +6 mag roll.

However, I don't want to risk it if it ends up rolling on the new orange mastery table because those don't have courier +mag rolls.

stefb42
05-24-2015, 03:02 AM
I have a follow up question regarding mastery bonus rolls:
I have a really old Courier that I had rolled a +6 mag mastery on ages ago. I recently upgraded it to orange for the increased damage mainly. It went from around 33k dmg to 39k damage, the orange damage roll was nice.

So, my question is, since it's an old weapon, if I were to reset the mastery, does it roll on the old mastery table? I.E. I'm aiming for the +8 mag roll instead of the current +6 mag roll.

However, I don't want to risk it if it ends up rolling on the new orange mastery table because those don't have courier +mag rolls.

No, do not reset it or that roll will be gone forever, those old masteries cant be rolled anymore (with the exception you have a really old gun that hasn't been mastered yet)

Ashlocke
05-24-2015, 03:15 AM
Thank you very much for the info, much appreciated.