PDA

View Full Version : Rewarding Veterans

Altras
05-22-2015, 07:42 AM
As seen in many mmo's, characters get a yearly gift on the creation/birthday. With the recent updates and additions to the bit store, a lot of veterans are feeling neglected. So, why not make a yearly lockbox for veteran characters?

Of course, since we're vets, something simple wont cut it, wouldn't be much of a 1-3/4 year gift if you got stuff you have no use for. Maybe an arkforge cache for the first year, super awesome rare weapon second year, and an outfit you can only get from 3rd year characters.

What are your suggestions for anniversary gifts?

MagnusRune Daltus
05-22-2015, 08:04 AM
also titles. so there is a special title for 1 year, 2 years, 3 years ect.

also i think play time could be rewarded.

ie once you have accuilated 10 days of play time, title.
50 days
1 year.

ie my play time from /played is 87 days i think, and my clan mate is 180+ days. (and for a game that is 2 years old to have clocked up 180 days on one character... is like playing 6 hours a day every day for 2 years)

Kyrinthic
05-22-2015, 08:23 AM
Most of these things go by months paid, not hours played Magnus. The idea is to reward the players who keep the company in business. Despite not having a patron or being a subscriber in the past, I agree with these sort of things wholeheartedly. The more incentives there are for people to spend, the better it is for the game, and rewarding the players that keep the game running is fine with me.

Altras
05-22-2015, 08:46 AM
The more incentives there are for people to spend, the better it is for the game, and rewarding the players that keep the game running is fine with me.

Agreed, during the last livestream there was some tension from vets and the arkhunter bundles, since items that were supposedly exclusive to vets, are availible for purchase (at an outrageous price)

Holy Bahamut3
05-22-2015, 08:48 AM
Yeah, one of the things I miss from my console player is my daredevil title. I fear I will only be a matter of time before that becomes meaningless as well.

Altras
05-22-2015, 08:58 AM
Yeah, one of the things I miss from my console player is my daredevil title. I fear I will only be a matter of time before that becomes meaningless as well.

Will be availible for purchase with $250 lol

tpollett
05-22-2015, 09:59 AM
I also support the idea of giving veterans exclusive gifts and things despit not being one myself. I disagree with tying it to /played though as I have 45 days play time but started about ten weeks ago. No, I have no life. But also, sometimes I fall asleep while logged in so that bloats my /played time as well.

I don't really like the idea of a special gun perse. At least not one whose use in combat would be either pointless or overpowered. I'm thinking something like a confetti shooter or maybe a short range beam weapon that is radiation so leaves marks on walls. You could write messages or something and it would be seen by everyone yet wouldnt last more than a few seconds. I think that would be both interesting as a concept and enough of a special thing to show the veterans the respect they deserve for their support without making any power gap between the haves and have-nots.

That's the best I've got; sorry, not a creative type. Crayons and confetti is all I have.

Mister Derpenhowser
05-22-2015, 10:20 AM
I also support the idea of giving veterans exclusive gifts and things despit not being one myself. I disagree with tying it to /played though as I have 45 days play time but started about ten weeks ago. No, I have no life. But also, sometimes I fall asleep while logged in so that bloats my /played time as well.

I don't really like the idea of a special gun perse. At least not one whose use in combat would be either pointless or overpowered. I'm thinking something like a confetti shooter or maybe a short range beam weapon that is radiation so leaves marks on walls. You could write messages or something and it would be seen by everyone yet wouldnt last more than a few seconds. I think that would be both interesting as a concept and enough of a special thing to show the veterans the respect they deserve for their support without making any power gap between the haves and have-nots.

That's the best I've got; sorry, not a creative type. Crayons and confetti is all I have.

You know what happens when people can draw on walls with weapons? *******, everywhere. Doesn't matter how old you are or whether you're male or female either. Cant even start to count how many my clan in bf3 drew everywhere, in the middle of battling etc! Haha!

EDIT: the non slang word for male genitalia is banned? Why.. wtf?

tpollett
05-22-2015, 11:59 AM
Of course there will be. That's why them only lasting a few seconds is fine. You already have to put in your birthday just to watch the trailer for this game and trion is not responsible for user-generated content so there are no legal or ethical problems with it. The green paint left by radiation weapons only exists for about 5 seconds. Not really going to be time for a detailed drawing. Just something fun for veterans to mess around with.

freddy koester
05-22-2015, 12:30 PM
Would definitely be cool for vets

blackgut
05-23-2015, 01:12 PM
a good outfit with a decent helmet be nice that no one else can get easy

Cirran
05-23-2015, 02:51 PM
Humble Pie title for those who feel entitled.

Cirran

konstantinov
05-23-2015, 03:01 PM
Humble Pie title for those who feel entitled.

Cirran

I'd like to request "Trollympian"

Psycroww
05-23-2015, 03:08 PM
Would be too much work for them to calculate every person and who has been in game for however many years. If it were to be implemented, it would most likely be a start for every person, thus not really applying to "veterans."

Not a terrible idea but wish they would fix the bugs still going on first.

MAJ_P4IN
05-23-2015, 06:29 PM
It all sounds nice in theory but i am not holding my breath. Blue isn't a good color for me.

2 year veteran 4589 hours played

Chump Norris
05-23-2015, 06:32 PM
a good outfit with a decent helmet be nice that no one else can get easy

If it were good and looked decent it would end up in a bundle down the road anyway.

Bentu
05-24-2015, 01:15 AM
What hoops would vets have to jump through to gain such rewards?

Dixie Cougar
05-24-2015, 01:17 AM
Actual bacon on completing the baconator pursuit.

Telemachus
05-24-2015, 02:18 AM
I liked the red suit, was nice to see afew others around that also owned one.

It meant that there were still some people that were here since the start, most likely.

Now... err.. diminished relevance.

It's feeling like... Hey have you been playing through all of this crap or are you the fool that just parted with your money.

recently

CaptainObvious
05-24-2015, 03:04 AM
Title "Trioned to the end"

But honestly I would see a change with the color of the outlander outfit and the challenger high performance for pre ordered edition.

TNO
05-24-2015, 03:15 AM
Btw my birthday is on the 27th. I expect a surprise party with fireworks...and lots of gifts.

Altras
05-24-2015, 07:55 AM
Pretty sure character creation is in the logs, the only difficulty would be coming up with appropriate rewards, that wouldn't be offered in a $100 bundle down the road.

Sevrin
05-24-2015, 08:21 AM
I think the vets should all get Wolfman MK3s :)

Altras
05-24-2015, 10:14 AM
I think the vets should all get Wolfman MK3s :)

Tier 6: Black. Only stat than can roll double on mk3's xD