PDA

View Full Version : #2: I thought Trick said they would keep the lower dotted line progressing....

crasher
05-22-2015, 09:39 AM
... Visibly for people who didn't need any more perk points.

He agreed on a Live Stream over a year ago that it was a useful and encouraging visible clue for players to see that they were making progress during game play.

We had discussed changing it's color to red or green for people who had passed the perk point milestone to show that they were advancing in a level in a verifiable way.

How'se about it?
I just flipped another 'toon over that point, and it's a bummer to see that you can't watch the progression to see when you're going to level up again.

I know I've answered that question in chat for players a buncha times who just noticed the line went dead, and they were worried that they were 'stuck', or bugged and not making progress.

The line doesn't have to do anything but move to show that players have moved ahead a few steps.

MagnusRune Daltus
05-22-2015, 02:37 PM
but what level would it show?

exp? but what happens when it fills up? re-sets? or do you get 100 scrip?

or will it show progress to leveling up next gun... well thats already shown under the gun you are using.

i see no point in the bar being there at all once ive got all perk points. i dont need exp any more, im after AF and pursuit hunter then.

crasher
05-22-2015, 02:53 PM
but what level would it show?

exp? but what happens when it fills up? re-sets? or do you get 100 scrip?

or will it show progress to leveling up next gun... well thats already shown under the gun you are using.

i see no point in the bar being there at all once ive got all perk points. i dont need exp any more, im after AF and pursuit hunter then.

The line served no purpose before that last perk point either.

My new 'toon is E-4615.
I want the line to progress so it continues to show my EGO progression as a visual function of progression on my way to E-4619.

What purpose does it serve me?
None but personal satisfaction.
What purpose does it serve a player with E-200, or E-900, or E-3000, etc?
None additional to the purpose it serves me.
The lower EGO 'toon won't be in any different control, and won't be able to steer/control the line or character progression in any way that I can't.
It's purely aesthetic.
Just like every other aspect of a video game.
I want to see evidence of my 'toon progressing after I earn all my perks, plain and simple.
Just like I saw evidence of my 'toon progressing before I earned that last point.

irisawifi
05-22-2015, 03:40 PM
I want to agree with you, but then I read your rule...so... uhhh:D

I would like having the line as well. There I said it.

xXxDSMer
05-23-2015, 02:45 AM
With the vast number of pursuits that give ego... how exactly would you propose this one bar track those many different possible ego gains?

Cobra Crusher
05-23-2015, 09:00 AM
How about everytime the bar fills you get 1 arkforge and 1 key?

MagnusRune Daltus
05-23-2015, 10:01 AM
so going from 4615 to 4619 is from leveling a gun or car type up. the gun one is shown as the thin white line below the gun you are currently using as to that guns level progression.

the line servered no purpose before? yes it did.... it showed how far along the exp needed to get the next perk point you were and 10 ego points.

maybe ther could be a way to have it mirror a pursuit or gun level of your choosing, but with 1200 ego just from gun/car levels which of the 16 skills should it show? and then once they are done, which of the 150 pursuits should it show? order them by easiest to do next? or hardest to do? will eventually get stuck on something like 50hours in PvP.

Lithova
05-23-2015, 11:48 AM
Trick is no longer working @ Trion so anything he may have said, mentioned in plans or whatever has mostly likely been changed, lost or ignored completely.

Dixie Cougar
05-23-2015, 11:59 AM
Wouldn't that only confuse more people into thinking they still had ego points to gain from exp? It would literally turn the xp bar into a lie.

crasher
05-23-2015, 12:20 PM
It's not that complicated.
The bar is already there.
It's still counting as the subroutine is still there, it's just no longer displaying a color anymore.

As stated up at the top of the thread, the bar turns to either red or blue dashes when perk points are no longer accrued.
All the bar has to do is flip to counting decades of EGO.
It flips every 10 EGO points.
If you're at 5018, it registers '8' dashes.
If you at that point get the last level of BMG, (4 EGO value) your EGO is now 5022, and the bar shows '2' dashes.

<lunatic> eazy peazy. /<lunatic>

I just hate seeing that dead bar at the bottom of the screen when it used to be a dynamic visual encouragement of progress.

Cobra Crusher
05-23-2015, 12:39 PM
Wouldn't that only confuse more people into thinking they still had ego points to gain from exp? It would literally turn the xp bar into a lie.

Have you read some of the questions in zone chat? Theres already alot of confused people anyway lol.