PDA

View Full Version : Expedition rewards, the cake is a lie...

Holy Bahamut3
05-24-2015, 12:24 PM
Their are may issues with expeditions, the overall theme is the rewards don't reflect the effort. Take yesterday for example, I ran 15-16 rounds with multiple disconnects in the boss room (separate issue). What did I get for all that effort? One orange chip, some random rigs (now salvaged), some random blue purple chips (now salvaged) and a ridiculous amount of vendor/salvage junk. I want to know how it is possible to be on round 16 and get all blues.

I thought higher tier higher round= better reward, obviously that's not true. Most people I've run these with have run over the 100 rounds and never seen a legendary rig. The higher rounds/tiers seem to cap out their drop rates at round 3 tier 24.

How long under these conditions do you expect us to fork over money Trion? How many expeditions do we run until we get tired of the futility? You either need to improve the drop rates to reflect the initial promise where your odds of better gear reflect the round/ tier. OR you should implement a system like Altras suggested on http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?215194-Questions-Concerns-This-is-your-thread!&p=1767002#post1767002

Also most of your bosses are OP, I'm sure by now you've noticed most people just play the hellbug expeditions. That's because hellbug bosses are more managable than your other bosses. Take the War below foe example. Mutant Grenadiers are tougher than Jackson in most cases. Yesterday I was a part of a bugged expedition with 7 people. The boss fight lasted about the same amount of time it usually did, not because of Jackson, but because of the Grenadiers who kill you in one shot. You should lower their heartyness, or lower the damage they can inflict so people have a fighting chance. People avoid stolen purpose because dukuso's offspring is ridiculously annoying. The crystal spawns happen too frequently, and there is rarely a delay between their spawn and his porting to one. Making him YET again invulnerable to damage.

Dixie Cougar
05-24-2015, 12:28 PM
Most of these bosses can be made much easier with the right strategy, but they'll never be as easy as hivelord. Burrower is actually a harder and more intense, but shorter, fight than dekuso jr.

Mister Derpenhowser
05-24-2015, 12:37 PM
I've asked about this in the last two weekly questions along with the last live stream and was ignored. Obviously, and unfortunately, its not important.

Holy Bahamut3
05-24-2015, 12:49 PM
Another issue I have besides the quality of the drops, is what drops. We get enough vendor/scrap gear in the vanilla game, we should be seeing more rig,chips, mods dropping in expeditions. I'm so tired of pulling a nanoless gun from a golden skitterling or raider box. It infuriates me when I get one from a boss.

stefb42
05-24-2015, 01:01 PM
Another issue I have besides the quality of the drops, is what drops. We get enough vendor/scrap gear in the vanilla game, we should be seeing more rig,chips, mods dropping in expeditions. I'm so tired of pulling a nonoless gun from a golden skitterling or raider box. It infuriates me when I get one from a boss.

I also think the golden skitterlings and crates should have a chance of dropping hunters reqs, more than this I also think elite lockboxes should have a chance to drop them too (maybe at a similar drop rate as arkforge) it makes sense as it would give some ftp players another reason to increase their keycode capacity

SirServed
05-24-2015, 01:14 PM
Better late (http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?p=1765107#post1765107) than never, welcome to the club.

Holy Bahamut3
05-24-2015, 01:19 PM
Better late (http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?p=1765107#post1765107) than never, welcome to the club.

Yeah saw that. Been avoiding it due to getting booted at the boss fight, and all of the other bugs and problems with this content.
Yesterday I spent most of the day running them only to get rewarded junk. I read and listened to the story's from my clan mates on chat and raidcall. Decided it was time to make a thread.

SirServed
05-24-2015, 01:27 PM
Yeah saw that. Been avoiding it due to getting booted at the boss fight, and all of the other bugs and problems with this content.
Yesterday I spent most of the day running them only to get rewarded junk. I read and listened to the story's from my clan mates on chat and raidcall. Decided it was time to make a thread.
At this point, I only farm Epic Mods when doing them. I'm also working on finding Epic versions of the Rigs I own since I'll be locked out of the 4th Passive in my Legendary Rigs for what appears to be forever.

SanCarioca
05-24-2015, 01:42 PM
Also most of your bosses are OP, I'm sure by now you've noticed most people just play the hellbug expeditions. That's because hellbug bosses are more managable than your other bosses. Take the War below foe example. Mutant Grenadiers are tougher than Jackson in most cases. Yesterday I was a part of a bugged expedition with 7 people. The boss fight lasted about the same amount of time it usually did, not because of Jackson, but because of the Grenadiers who kill you in one shot. You should lower their heartyness, or lower the damage they can inflict so people have a fighting chance. People avoid stolen purpose because dukuso's offspring is ridiculously annoying. The crystal spawns happen too frequently, and there is rarely a delay between their spawn and his porting to one. Making him YET again invulnerable to damage.

Dekuso's Offspring is UNBEARABLE, even with strategy. I usually assume the rule of "crystal duty" on this boss, and yet, the guy is a pain. Besides what you said being totally true, the crystals pop up strategically afar from each other, so either you assign two people to cristal duty (lowering the DPS for Dekuso itself and taking forever to kill it) or kill it by sheer luck. It's boring, frustrating, repetitive, tedious and not a challenge, it's just hard work.

Jackson with two grenadiers? Don't even start me about it.

Infinity Eagle
05-24-2015, 01:54 PM
Another problem with the expeditions, is the contracts Not counting.I wait until the weekend to get the weekly contracts done in the expeditions with my clan. Just finished killing the engineer and Nobody got credit. :mad: Maybe they should take the contracts Out of expeditions until they Fix them.

Shadow Cat
05-24-2015, 02:16 PM
https://i.imgflip.com/ly1im.jpg (https://imgflip.com/i/ly1im)via Imgflip Meme Maker (https://imgflip.com/memegenerator)

SirServed
05-24-2015, 02:18 PM
Another problem with the expeditions, is the contracts Not counting.I wait until the weekend to get the weekly contracts done in the expeditions with my clan. Just finished killing the engineer and Nobody got credit. :mad: Maybe they should take the contracts Out of expeditions until they Fix them.
Just a minor observation, but it appears that kills for the Contracts didn't start working until I was at Round 5.

Cobra Crusher
05-24-2015, 02:18 PM
The bosses aren't tough if you fight them by the boat. In the other room you are running for your life.

CaptainObvious
05-24-2015, 02:48 PM
I guess only Nefarious has fun in expedition.

Sevrin
05-24-2015, 03:21 PM
Just want to add my voice to his choir. I believe I was with Alexis during much of what is described above. Close to five hours in the caves: All vendor trash and one OJ chip. This is wearing thin, I tell you.

Sliverbaer
05-24-2015, 03:25 PM
Wow, I am lucky if I have enough time to play 3-4 rounds. Considering an hour of playtime a day the rewards work just like the rest of the game.

How long does it take to do 15 rounds?

Holy Bahamut3
05-24-2015, 04:01 PM
Wow, I am lucky if I have enough time to play 3-4 rounds. Considering an hour of playtime a day the rewards work just like the rest of the game.

How long does it take to do 15 rounds?

All f***ing day... Started at 10am and ended at 10pm roughly, with a 1 and a half hour break before round 11. You aren't missing out, as I said it seems that rewards plateau at round 3 tier 24. So don't matter how many you do after that your odds will not increase.

Holy Bahamut3
05-24-2015, 04:08 PM
Just want to add my voice to his choir. I believe I was with Alexis during much of what is described above. Close to five hours in the caves: All vendor trash and one OJ chip. This is wearing thin, I tell you.

Yep we got far, but it seemed more like this in regards to rewards.

http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view/12753/hamster-wheel-o.gif

Nefarious
05-24-2015, 04:47 PM
When I first heard about Expeditions was on the Twitch live stream.

And the way Trick explained it made me think that upon reaching the end of an Expedition you would see the rewards you got (which at the first few levels would be lower end) and you would be prompted with the choice to end the Expedition and "cash out" with those rewards --- or continue onto the next round of the Expedition leaving those rewards behind at a chance to complete the next round to earn greater rewards.

With that it would give players control in a way as to what they get. But also at a chance of dying and getting nothing... Big risk reward.

Better then RNG...And it gives a purpose to continue on further when playing Expeditions.

Dixie Cougar
05-24-2015, 05:44 PM
The loot doesn't even bother me as much as the glitches that cause the round to reset--eg, when not everyone in the group is taken with the leader.

The entire round reset system is a terrible player experience all around, one's round should only reset at the daily reboot or if you actually click "end expedition."

SSF
05-24-2015, 07:18 PM
Don't be too critical of trions cash grab. You run the risk of being sent to the corner.

Holy Bahamut3
05-24-2015, 07:24 PM
Don't be too critical of trions cash grab. You run the risk of being sent to the corner.

I know, been around a while. The tone I'm shooting for is blunt honesty. If I came across as harsh I wasn't my intention.

ratpie
05-24-2015, 08:32 PM
http://i1341.photobucket.com/albums/o756/emnoc/OJ%20rig_zpsb9yhshs0.jpg (http://s1341.photobucket.com/user/emnoc/media/OJ%20rig_zpsb9yhshs0.jpg.html)

Here is a pic of a OJ rig.

you get 12 chip slots instead of 10, plus an extra big chip for the top center.

after building up 3 purple rigs fully charged, i can tell you it wont be getting an oj rig.
its getting an oj rig with the right bonuses and chip slots worth building.

fully charged purple rig need all purple chips for bonuses, so oj will be all oj chips as well.

i haven't seen great returns on some of the chips when stacking 6 of the same slots
some are better than others and most of the rig passive bonus on % chance seem
to be the worst in my experience.

Sevrin
05-24-2015, 09:05 PM
When I first heard about Expeditions was on the Twitch live stream.

And the way Trick explained it made me think that upon reaching the end of an Expedition you would see the rewards you got (which at the first few levels would be lower end) and you would be prompted with the choice to end the Expedition and "cash out" with those rewards --- or continue onto the next round of the Expedition leaving those rewards behind at a chance to complete the next round to earn greater rewards.

With that it would give players control in a way as to what they get. But also at a chance of dying and getting nothing... Big risk reward.

Better then RNG...And it gives a purpose to continue on further when playing Expeditions.

Yup. I remember that also. So what happened?

SSF
05-24-2015, 09:22 PM
Yup. I remember that also. So what happened?

Trick left. Locarb took over.

Mister Derpenhowser
05-24-2015, 10:45 PM
http://i1341.photobucket.com/albums/o756/emnoc/OJ%20rig_zpsb9yhshs0.jpg (http://s1341.photobucket.com/user/emnoc/media/OJ%20rig_zpsb9yhshs0.jpg.html)

Here is a pic of a OJ rig.

you get 12 chip slots instead of 10, plus an extra big chip for the top center.

after building up 3 purple rigs fully charged, i can tell you it wont be getting an oj rig.
its getting an oj rig with the right bonuses and chip slots worth building.

fully charged purple rig need all purple chips for bonuses, so oj will be all oj chips as well.

i haven't seen great returns on some of the chips when stacking 6 of the same slots
some are better than others and most of the rig passive bonus on % chance seem
to be the worst in my experience.

I got one of those funky power chips today, no oj rig to put it in though. Lol

1315=195. Thats the charge you would get from a fully t4'd oj rig I think (power chip included) so you'd need to get another 25 before fully unlocking the rigs powers. Not sure how much charge you get from an oj chip but if its 20 then all oj is not necessary.

crazyged
05-25-2015, 12:35 AM
In all the expos I've done, I've yet to pick up an OJ anything.

Still tooling around with a meh purple rig...

Oh well, at least it recharges my ammo... slowly...

stefb42
05-25-2015, 03:17 AM
I got one of those funky power chips today, no oj rig to put it in though. Lol

1315=195. Thats the charge you would get from a fully t4'd oj rig I think (power chip included) so you'd need to get another 25 before fully unlocking the rigs powers. Not sure how much charge you get from an oj chip but if its 20 then all oj is not necessary.

This, my rig has all purple in and 1 orange, but I need 4 more orange chips to fully charge it, the orange chip is worth 5 more charge than the purple is

PithHelmetIrath
05-25-2015, 07:27 AM
Judging from some of the posts in this thread, my decision to not play Expeditions yet has been a wise one..

Grandpa Ace
05-25-2015, 07:53 AM
Agreed..... the below is copied from my earlier post so it can be seen here too:

I'm truly sorry, but I must bring this up again.

**From the Expedition page, it states," Expedition Tier rating determines the power level and rank of the enemies you will face, as well as the quality of the gear you will discover in Expedition reward rooms (higher Tiers lead to greater potential rewards)."

From personal experience, and the experiences of my fellow clan mates that run these expeditions with me--this is BOLOGNA!!!!!!!!!
While we may not have made it as far as others, we have done well. However, without exception, the results are the same, viz., the higher we go, the WORSE the reward. Myself and several others have already earned our "In Bacon We Trust"--only to be totally dissatisfied with the rewards earned--what ever happened to the higher the placement, i.e., the place one finishes in, reaps the best reward. Finish first, get blues, finish last, WOW, get oranges... Totally unsatisfactory

TRION, let be give you a clue to good business--keep the customer (which is always right) happy. This is how you increase revenue, this is how you increase the number of Patron's Passes sold etc..

Keep your word (**), and we'll continue to play, and you'll continue to profit--break your word, and TRION will eventually have to pull the plug (which we know is inevitable) sooner that you yourselves, or your loyal players really want to see.

My two cents worth,
GPA

Jeff Lonestar
05-25-2015, 10:50 AM
I Love Expeditions cause they are hard, but I agree with alot in this thread on Loot RNG, Glitches etc...
I will also show a previous post on my thoughts of Expeditions... Click Here! (http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?210758-Expeditions-How-far-did-you-get&p=1762216#post1762216)

Dixie Cougar
05-25-2015, 11:08 AM
what ever happened to the higher the placement, i.e., the place one finishes in, reaps the best reward. Finish first, get blues, finish last, WOW, get oranges... Totally unsatisfactory

Never existed, that's what. Expeditions aren't competitive, they're cooperative. Quit worrying about your damned score.

Holy Bahamut3
05-25-2015, 11:27 AM
I Love Expeditions cause they are hard, but I agree with alot in this thread on Loot RNG, Glitches etc...
I will also show a previous post on my thoughts of Expeditions... Click Here! (http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?210758-Expeditions-How-far-did-you-get&p=1762216#post1762216)

It is a nice change of pace for content, the problem is you can't do anything else while you do expeditions; because, you are tied to that 30 min timer. I think that timer is one of the worst last min additions I've ever seen. I hate missing out on incursions and arkfalls because of that timer. I've missed two clan giveaways because of it as well.

The result is the content becomes tedious and boring by round 6 or so.

Dixie Cougar
05-25-2015, 05:00 PM
It is a nice change of pace for content, the problem is you can't do anything else while you do expeditions; because, you are tied to that 30 min timer. I think that timer is one of the worst last min additions I've ever seen. I hate missing out on incursions and arkfalls because of that timer. I've missed two clan giveaways because of it as well.

The result is the content becomes tedious and boring by round 6 or so.

It was a 5 minute timer before which was even worse. They should scrap that whole system and only reset the round when you hit 'end expedition' and at 2am when the server reboots.

I've lost several round progressions due to various glitches (eg, when the leader queues, only the leader goes in, then when we 'go to leader' we lose our progress).

mr8liner
05-25-2015, 06:11 PM
Expeditions are a joke. When they first announced it it sounded like a great idea, but the fact is it's horrible.

Why would anyone want to waste 3+ hours to get weapons that drop in the game. I can get a t2 box and get better rewards and it doesn't take 3 hours.

The only items that should be dropping in there are RIGS, CHIPS. T4 MODS , OJ ARK sheilds and NAMED OJ GUNS. These blue and purple guns are bs. I'm sorry but those are not rewards.

They aren't even working right either. You try to go into Stolen Purpose and it puts you in The War Below. Figure if you go into War below it might put you in Stolen purpose,NOPE still the War below. Couldn't get weeklies done because of this last week and it will be the same thing this week.

This game use to be fun to play. Anymore it seems like a total grind that ends in disappointment and wondering why you just wasted many hours of your day.

i'm beginning to believe that they do not want this game to continue much longer. If that is the case they are doing a great job.

Holy Bahamut3
05-25-2015, 08:51 PM
Another issue I've had with this content since the PTS server is the auto selected que for expeditions on the quick menu. I can't remember how many times I've been disconnected and upon getting a group invite back to my group I've accidentally qued into a solo expedition. We know how to que up for expeditions Trion! You don't have to baby us!

SSF
05-26-2015, 04:13 AM
*cough* scam *cough*

Sevrin
05-26-2015, 07:40 AM
Speaking of the PTS. I would suggest that the reward / RNG rate for Expeditions on PTS is pretty decent -- even worth soloing for sometimes. It seems like it wouldn't take that much effort by the devs to simply transfer those RNG numbers to the game itself. Just saying.

SSF
05-26-2015, 01:14 PM
Speaking of the PTS. I would suggest that the reward / RNG rate for Expeditions on PTS is pretty decent -- even worth soloing for sometimes. It seems like it wouldn't take that much effort by the devs to simply transfer those RNG numbers to the game itself. Just saying.

Defeats purpose of scam. Not supposed to be decent so you can blow money on df store rig kit.

mr8liner
05-26-2015, 02:04 PM
39 posts and not 1 response from a dev. Are they going to try and sweep this under the carpet and think we are going to forget about??

The only thing that will get them to listen is MONEY. If we stop spending maybe they just might start fixing things. If not the game goes bye bye and it's on to something else.

If you want thing to change, close your wallet!!!

Holy Bahamut3
05-26-2015, 02:13 PM
Most of my threads are monitored I'm sure. They may not comment, but I assure you they have seen it. It may end up going like my 1000000 scrip?! Really!? thread, but only time will tell.

http://imgur.com/5rQ6OC3.jpg

Altras
05-26-2015, 04:35 PM
I've noticed expeditions are just a grind for silicon shards, considering the better drop increase @ highest rounds/tiers seems to max out at a certain round.

SirServed
05-26-2015, 11:03 PM
I need a new Passive for my Cyber Rig: Loot Rage - You go into a Fury, dealing 2% increased damage for every Rare item looted after Round 3. Resets when a Legendary item is looted.

Lithova
05-27-2015, 05:06 AM
I've noticed expeditions are just a grind for silicon shards, considering the better drop increase @ highest rounds/tiers seems to max out at a certain round.

I noticed that too, it doesn't seem to be any more rewarding at any of the higher rounds in fact it seems to reset back to round two type loot where the majority of loot drops seem to be blues an occassionally purples...but mostly just garbage rewards.

Holy Bahamut3
05-27-2015, 08:06 AM
I need a new Passive for my Cyber Rig: Loot Rage - You go into a Fury, dealing 2% increased damage for every Rare item looted after Round 3. Resets when a Legendary item is looted.

Not a bad idea, but I don't know if trion would do it. Too many people would get to 100% based on their current RNG.

Sevrin
05-27-2015, 08:24 AM

Now that's a good idea.

Holy Bahamut3
05-27-2015, 09:42 AM
In an unrelated topic, I wonder where our weekly question collection thread is...

http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view8/4730839/tap-dancing-bird-o.gif

WhiteStrike
05-27-2015, 10:25 AM

People would one-shot bosses with just 1 Blast Rifle sub bullet.

Holy Bahamut3
05-27-2015, 01:02 PM
Back to the topic, they should really fix that quick menu...

Lithova
05-27-2015, 02:41 PM
I wish they would adjust the RNG for the better and stop putting these extreme limitations on game content. I see their PR put out another distraction in the form of the "Double Hunter Reqs", my guess is its probably to quell the angry posts / community.

Holy Bahamut3
05-27-2015, 03:10 PM
I wish they would adjust the RNG for the better and stop putting these extreme limitations on game content. I see their PR put out another distraction in the form of the "Double Hunter Reqs", my guess is its probably to quell the angry posts / community.

I agree, the same thought crossed my mind. They did however announce that on a live stream a few weeks ago.

Holy Bahamut3
05-27-2015, 06:42 PM
I would prefer if they took this feedback and at least addressed some of the issues.

Altras
05-28-2015, 02:56 AM
Next q&a we should ask all the unanswered threads

Holy Bahamut3
05-29-2015, 07:40 AM
Just wanted everyone to know Kiwi submitted the feedback from this thread, so hopefully we'll hear something, or see some positive changes.

Sevrin
05-29-2015, 07:59 AM
Just wanted everyone to know Kiwi submitted the feedback from this thread, so hopefully we'll hear something, or see some positive changes.

It would be nice. I really hope so. I hope they also deal with the whole RNG for vets thing discussed in another thread.

David Irwin
05-29-2015, 09:09 AM
bottom line , is people play games to have fun. The extreme effort it takes, the patience to deal with glitches, the persistence to try over and over again because the good rewards don't come, the monetary investment. It all feels more like a job or a chore than fun. For these reasons , since expedition started I've only tried a couple times (just enough to be able to set-up some sort of lame rig, better than no rig ) . investment vs return , basically what everyone keeps repeating.

Gaige12
05-29-2015, 09:36 AM
bottom line , is people play games to have fun. The extreme effort it takes, the patience to deal with glitches, the persistence to try over and over again because the good rewards don't come, the monetary investment. It all feels more like a job or a chore than fun. For these reasons , since expedition started I've only tried a couple times (just enough to be able to set-up some sort of lame rig, better than no rig ) . investment vs return , basically what everyone keeps repeating.

All Trion has to do is tweak the RNG ever so slightly and remove all traces of exped blue guns. t4 and t5 guns, great, but lose the t3 guns already. A lot more chips need to drop too. Even if I don't want it, I'll still grind it into shards and buy what I want at the vendor.

Expeds are hard and they need to be worth the effort to play them.

It's just pixels Trion. Loosen up the death grip please. ;) I have plenty of discretionary income, and you can have some of it, but you absolutely must fix these things first.