PDA

View Full Version : Alcatraz Co-op?

bogeyman
05-24-2015, 02:08 PM
I don't understand... Isn't matchmaking supposed to put me in a group with other players? If so, why am I always entering expeditions solo?

Cobra Crusher
05-24-2015, 02:12 PM
I don't understand... Isn't matchmaking supposed to put me in a group with other players? If so, why am I always entering expeditions solo?

Because its 1 to 4 players and there may of not been anyone playing the same expedition and tier as you.

Dixie Cougar
05-24-2015, 02:57 PM
It appears to try to matchmake within a fairly narrow EGO band and avoid grouping you with people significantly higher or lower.

Bored Peon
05-24-2015, 05:25 PM
Ya apparently the developers had no qualms with wasting your hunter requisitions and ending up getting stuck doing something solo that is supposed to take a group effort.

Seeming how you get three a week I would rather rot in queue waiting for a full group than to get sent solo and waste them.

Sure I could buy some with bits or get some daily with patron, but what is the point if the end result is still the same of wasting them because it sends you solo into the match.

I think the ego rating separation is the biggest cause. For example I at about 5500 ego, yet the majority of the players online are around the 2k range. They can easily end up with other people in theirs, but my chances are still going to remain low.

Phobos9000
05-26-2015, 12:51 AM
You know what doesn't seem to make a lot of sense?

Now correct me if I'm wrong on this, but when you search for a public co-op match and you find one, you get to see who's going to be playing with you before you join, I don't think that's the case for expeditions.

If the game told me that i'll be the only one in the expedition, I wouldn't join and waste a HR by going solo! Like I mentioned, I might be very wrong on this, but I just hope Trion isn't going this far to monopolize us into buying a bunch of HRs. :confused:

Cobra Crusher
05-26-2015, 09:55 AM
You know what doesn't seem to make a lot of sense?

Now correct me if I'm wrong on this, but when you search for a public co-op match and you find one, you get to see who's going to be playing with you before you join, I don't think that's the case for expeditions.

If the game told me that i'll be the only one in the expedition, I wouldn't join and waste a HR by going solo! Like I mentioned, I might be very wrong on this, but I just hope Trion isn't going this far to monopolize us into buying a bunch of HRs. :confused:

You would be waiting forever to find a match that way. Its better to group with 3 other people around your ego.

SanCarioca
05-26-2015, 10:11 AM
I have made a thread with a suggestion to address the problem discussed here:

http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?215323-Trion-avoid-griefing-by-giving-us-SOLO-QUEUE-Expeditions!

I'd appreciate your input and constructive opinions about it.