PDA

View Full Version : My only question/concern.

SSF
05-26-2015, 04:24 AM
At the risk of being banned, I need to know:

This game is over 2 years old, will I ever know what its like to not timeout or have to restart my console every half hour or less? What's being done about this?

MagnusRune Daltus
05-26-2015, 05:15 AM
might be your console.. what platform do you play? and how old is the hardware? i can usuall play 5/6 hours with no problems.

but clan mates crash all the time, there xbox are older.

also have you tried a reintal? i know when mine is lagging me off, i delete last patch and re-patch. usualy fixes it.

KILLSHOT707
05-26-2015, 05:29 AM
might be your console.. what platform do you play? and how old is the hardware? i can usuall play 5/6 hours with no problems.

also have you tried a reintal? i know when mine is lagging me off, i delete last patch and re-patch. usualy fixes it.

I am on Xbox and have yet to see someone play 6 hours and not crit.

SSF
05-26-2015, 05:39 AM

I have latest version of ps3, 1 before ps4. My console is fine. Every other game Ivbe played using online connection works/worked flawlessly. Defiance is the only game to give me these problems.

Sliverbaer
05-26-2015, 05:40 AM
My fix was to stop playing on PS3 and switch to PC.

MagnusRune Daltus
05-26-2015, 06:05 AM
I have latest version of ps3, 1 before ps4. My console is fine. Every other game Ivbe played using online connection works/worked flawlessly. Defiance is the only game to give me these problems.

your not doing somthing like playing the NA server from the EU are you? i know i cant play NA as i get such bad lag, i cant do a thing.

how big is the ps3 hard drive? and how much is free space? do you have a disc copy or fully digital? (if fully digital, i recomend geting a disc copy of ebay or amazon for like 3/$5 the game will run better.)

SSF
05-26-2015, 08:44 AM
your not doing somthing like playing the NA server from the EU are you? i know i cant play NA as i get such bad lag, i cant do a thing.

how big is the ps3 hard drive? and how much is free space? do you have a disc copy or fully digital? (if fully digital, i recomend geting a disc copy of ebay or amazon for like 3/$5 the game will run better.)

240gb drive and last I checked I had about 190gb free space. And my copy is fully digital.

cmpowell
05-26-2015, 09:16 AM
At the risk of being banned, I need to know:

This game is over 2 years old, will I ever know what its like to not timeout or have to restart my console every half hour or less? What's being done about this?

every 45 min to an hour is normal on ps3 na. If phase is heavily populated less. Ignore Magness

EvilAg3nt
05-26-2015, 09:22 AM
i put in a ticket to support and also pmed Kiwi after he gave me instructions on what to send them.
that was last week,nobodies even looked at my ticket...and ive been complaining about the disconnects forever.

im still missing my 3 Hrs i lost,and thanks for not fixing that so my weekend would have been Wasted time playing the game.

im also starting to wonder what direction this is all headed in.
few months ago,the devs were posting and helping out on the forums.
since alcatraz dropped,they have vanished....this doesnt really make me feel warm and tingly...
it makes me feel like we are all alone in here...

Thorax The Dark
05-26-2015, 09:24 AM
I am on Xbox and have yet to see someone play 6 hours and not crit.

for real? because im on xbox and play all the time over 6 hours, did an 8 hour shift on expeditions the other day. its probably everyones different storage, modem , internet speed etc. all these factors play a major roll in connection. a clan mate of mine has over 300mbs and he always sees the enemies first before anyone else. mbs helps

Cobra Crusher
05-26-2015, 09:50 AM
for real? because im on xbox and play all the time over 6 hours, did an 8 hour shift on expeditions the other day. its probably everyones different storage, modem , internet speed etc. all these factors play a major roll in connection. a clan mate of mine has over 300mbs and he always sees the enemies first before anyone else. mbs helps

I have only lagged out once since the last server update patch. You seem to lag out more if your in a group or you have alot of clanmates logging in.

MagnusRune Daltus
05-27-2015, 02:00 AM
240gb drive and last I checked I had about 190gb free space. And my copy is fully digital.

that might be it, i remember GTA-V had problems on xbox360 i you got the digital version, the single hard drive couldnt keep up. so it had lower draw distances and specs patched in. but if yo had the disc, it would install the whole disc, and then run off the disc and the hard drive at the same time.

i recon defiance suffers from the same problem. in fact now i think about it, a clan mate on xbox had the digital version only, and always complained about lagging out, then he got a disc copy for the loot the ultimate gives, havent heard him complain as much since.

so try a disc copy... if you are in the UK/EU i actually have a PS3 copy doing nothing....

Mister Derpenhowser
05-27-2015, 02:14 AM
Needs to be said, the ps3 you bought is the last gen version. The one with the cheapest crappiest components. Sony did the same thing with ps1 & ps2. Ps3 slim is the top dog for reliability, had mine 4yrs and its never broke down.

As for critting out, I wont take trions side because I dont think it should happen as much as it does but there are a few things to consider

1. This is an mmo
2. Its on a severely dated console with crappy ram

That said the game was built for multi platform & like you said has been out two years. Anyways, reloading often is key. Once an hour, or after going in and out of instances a few times. Its a good habit to get into, at least you'll be deciding when to reload most of the time.