PDA

View Full Version : DEFIANCE Season 3 JUNE 12th: WHAT NEW IN-GAME CONTENT HAVE YOU FOUND ?

Sea_Jay
05-28-2015, 04:59 PM
Greetings Fellow Ark Hunters !

Season 3 DEFIANCE Is almost upon us !

Anyone finding new in-game content, missions, goals, episodes, etc ?
Please post what new content you have found here !

thx!

PithHelmetIrath
05-28-2015, 05:01 PM
Zero.. zip.. zilch.

CM Kiwibird
05-28-2015, 05:41 PM
Little early here, but appreciate the enthusiasm! Can't release Season 3 content without Season 3 being out. :o

For anyone who hasn't tuned in to our Q&As, Season 3 content will consist of expeditions and the first will arrive a month after the premiere of the show.

Cobra Crusher
05-28-2015, 05:44 PM
Does season 3 have disappearing hellbugs? Found a bunch at an arkfall.

hardy83
05-28-2015, 06:40 PM
I hope the tie-in stuff is better than season 2.

Season 1 tie-in was decent, but season 2 was terrible.

A bunch of codes and storylines that just kidn of sat there; quite obviously having been cut from development.

Lunachik526
05-28-2015, 06:50 PM
Glitches . . . lots and lots of glitches.

Escyos
05-28-2015, 06:53 PM
I knew Defiance was close to airing, but only just realized that I have two weeks to do so much wiki work.

Also I hope these expeditions are wrapped in a story and not simply just "Go and clear out this bunker."

Atticus Batman
05-28-2015, 08:09 PM
I hope the tie-in stuff is better than season 2.

Season 1 tie-in was decent, but season 2 was terrible.

A bunch of codes and storylines that just kidn of sat there; quite obviously having been cut from development.

You wish. Season 3 content will be mostly expeditions. So pretty much no storyline.

skepticck
05-28-2015, 08:48 PM
Expeditions... That's it ?

oh wow how exciting ! can't wait... no really...

http://i.imgur.com/UglgzmM.jpg

well at least the tv series is good, i am really excited for season 3.

crazyged
05-29-2015, 12:24 AM
Expeditions?

Hahahah, you had me going there! Good one, Trion!

Wait... you're serious, aren't you...?

Mister Derpenhowser
05-29-2015, 12:46 AM
Beyond all the problems with grouping, invisible enemies, getting knocked out of bounds, enemies stuck in walls, RnG and whatever else I can't remember at the moment, I actually quite like expeditions. Its the only place where good loadouts and good teamwork really matter (with the exception of WM, which is broken).

Atticus Batman
05-29-2015, 01:01 AM
Expeditions?

Hahahah, you had me going there! Good one, Trion!

Wait... you're serious, aren't you...?

They have said that a couple times. People just don't want to believe it.

[center]Will Season 3 show crossover content be tied into expeditions?

Season 3 content consists of the expeditions, we are planning to release the next expedition about a month after the Season 3 premiere of the show.

Read more about the cast on the Syfy blog and begin your preparations for Season 3 in-game with all-new Expeditions and Cyber Rigs launching with next week’s Alcatraz Update!

http://www.trionworlds.com/defiance/en/2015/04/10/defiance-season-3-premieres-june-12-at-87c/

justifiable187
05-29-2015, 05:03 AM
Little early here, but appreciate the enthusiasm! Can't release Season 3 content without Season 3 being out. :o

For anyone who hasn't tuned in to our Q&As, Season 3 content will consist of expeditions and the first will arrive a month after the premiere of the show.

I believe that anyone here for seasons 1 and 2 will be looking for something in the game that leads to the show.

In season 1, players helped Nolan and Irisa steal the Libera Nova Gem when the game launched with episode 1 on April 2, 2013 after which Nolan and Irisa drive to Defiance so they arrive in time for the series premier on April 15, 2013.

In season 2, we received episode 1, which was an investigation of the votan-human hybrids on May 19, 2014. In episode 2, we met Stahma in the game on June 2, 2014; early enough for her to travel back to Defiance in time for the season 2 premier on June 19, 2014.

Gaige12
05-29-2015, 07:39 AM
Does season 3 have disappearing hellbugs? Found a bunch at an arkfall.

Thats a "feature". Those are cloaking hellbugs.

Fallen_Aingeal
05-29-2015, 09:27 AM
I believe that anyone here for seasons 1 and 2 will be looking for something in the game that leads to the show.

In season 1, players helped Nolan and Irisa steal the Libera Nova Gem when the game launched with episode 1 on April 2, 2013 after which Nolan and Irisa drive to Defiance so they arrive in time for the series premier on April 15, 2013.

In season 2, we received episode 1, which was an investigation of the votan-human hybrids on May 19, 2014. In episode 2, we met Stahma in the game on June 2, 2014; early enough for her to travel back to Defiance in time for the season 2 premier on June 19, 2014.

I see what you did there.

Well played sir. Very well played.

Altras
05-29-2015, 09:36 AM
Hope they still do weekly codes

GahdolfMiLahwn
05-29-2015, 09:45 AM
I am certain there will be weekly codes.

Even if the codes only give the HR needed to play the expedition/advertizement for the next weeks episode.

r1p
05-29-2015, 10:13 AM
It looks like there will be. Someone posted a pic of the new in-game welcome screen from PTS and it has copy on it that states there will be codes every week, with a bonus if you enter all of the codes in from the season.

http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?215694-Defiance-Season-3-(Hotfix-1)-Update-to-PTS&p=1769771&viewfull=1#post1769771

Sea_Jay
05-29-2015, 11:33 AM
Thanks !

I was wondering if in the next update, if unequip really would empty your hands ? Like on Alkatraz ? That would be nice. If my Characters could sit down in chairs or benches, that would be great too ! Please!

When will the Crater Bar open ? The doors are always locked.
Thank you for a very ambitious game in DEFIANCE. :-)

I hope SyFy continues the show for several more seasons, the game is a lot of fun. I like the stories and cut scenes the best - Like their own episodes of the show in-game. I hope it is profitable & fun for your whole team too !

Thank you again !

...Season 3 content will consist of expeditions ...

PithHelmetIrath
05-29-2015, 02:03 PM
Still hoping LoCarb's OJ hoodie makes an in-game appearance.. it would pair nicely with my OJ Soleptor Durango..

RosieMack
06-17-2015, 06:33 PM
Season 3 content will consist of expeditions and the first will arrive a month after the premiere of the show.

:confused:Does that mean there will be no Season 3 storyline content missions? 75% of what makes this game different is is the evolving interactive storyline content. Does this ring a bell?
"... the Defiance TV series is a revolutionary weekly drama that impacts the game, and gives you the chance to change the show."

Tex_Arcana
06-18-2015, 12:45 PM
"... the Defiance TV series is a revolutionary weekly drama that impacts the game, and gives you the chance to change the show."
I have always viewed this statement as absolute BS anyway.
No way in hell any producer or director would submit to the potential chaos this would wreak upon a show's production schedule.
I have worked on production crews enough to know that unless some serious shtako was co-ordinated: Something like what they "marketed" to the sheeple for this game is next to impossible.
The SHOW drives the game. Not the other way around.

Antoine Flemming
06-18-2015, 01:02 PM

That's disappointing.

c_e_r_u_l_e_a_n
06-19-2015, 02:16 AM
So I take it there won't be any 'Episode Missions' like previous seasons? What a letdown, I'm already tired of expeditions and I only do them to get my 3 cores every week.

JEMINAI
06-19-2015, 03:51 AM
rise of the squirrels.

thought occurred to me that we could see a new (purple skinned) playable race.
but not theres really not much the coincides between game and show.

Bonehead
06-19-2015, 11:49 AM
This is the evolution of the game.

The story tie in was too expensive so they ditched it.

That kind of creativity costs too much money.

Way cheaper to just give goals in the expedition instance and be done with it.

Midnight
06-19-2015, 11:59 AM
This is the evolution of the game.

The story tie in was too expensive so they ditched it.

That kind of creativity costs too much money.

Way cheaper to just give goals in the expedition instance and be done with it.

The crossover kinda died during season two when the Indogene Kenya imposter left for the Bay Area, but was never heard from/about...remember people being upset that the Golden Gate Bridge was in the background undamaged...

Bonehead
06-19-2015, 12:07 PM
The crossover kinda died during season two when the Indogene Kenya imposter left for the Bay Area, but was never heard from/about...remember people being upset that the Golden Gate Bridge was in the background undamaged...

I remember it well. I also remember the arkbelt being unequivocally destroyed at the end of last season (in the script as it was written and in the show) but continuity and coherence are not something these game or TV writers are concerned about apparently.

You get used to it after a while and stop expecting much.

JEMINAI
06-22-2015, 09:39 PM
I remember it well. I also remember the arkbelt being unequivocally destroyed at the end of last season (in the script as it was written and in the show) but continuity and coherence are not something these game or TV writers are concerned about apparently.

You get used to it after a while and stop expecting much.

yup defiance the game is a matter of a semi-decent gameplay experience with little more than lasting competitive content
at least from a player's POV. meh@ the show and the minimal tie-ins. (mind you if the show was more like the game... :P)

to be honest it was clear to me when the show had 2wheel motor cycles and no "runners" to be seen. what was that? season 1 episode 2??

Sea_Jay
07-18-2015, 04:05 AM
OH oh oh oh !

PLEASE ADD that huge Van Bach Weapons Truck from the TV show !
$1500 bits I don't care - I NEED/WANT that Big Truck !
:-)

Sea_Jay
07-18-2015, 04:10 AM
Well the out for that could be we saw A LOT of the Ark Belt destroyed, but not all of it is gone...
Considering firing multiple beam weapons into space would vaporize the larger chunks, still plenty of roon for smaller parts to slip through the beams...

Bonehead
07-18-2015, 09:27 AM
Well the out for that could be we saw A LOT of the Ark Belt destroyed, but not all of it is gone...
Considering firing multiple beam weapons into space would vaporize the larger chunks, still plenty of roon for smaller parts to slip through the beams...

Last year there was something of a discussion/debate about the ark belt at the end of the TV season. However it turns out this season, last season the script was unequivocal.

The ark belt was destroyed, written in english, in the script.

The concern for high quality writing with both clarity and continuity has not been a high priority for this endeavor since shortly after launch, seems to me...