PDA

View Full Version : This game looks great

DonRodie
02-12-2013, 09:42 AM
I can't wait for the beta for the PS3. I haven't played it yet, but I watched a lot of videos about it. Will you be able to take over enemy bases in the shadow war, kind of like in planetside 2?

DuoMaxwell007
02-12-2013, 09:47 AM
I can't wait for the beta for the PS3. I haven't played it yet, but I watched a lot of videos about it. Will you be able to take over enemy bases in the shadow war, kind of like in planetside 2?

as far as i know no one has bases so theres no bases to tak eover

Dead_Phoenix
02-12-2013, 09:49 AM
shadow war only seems to be a capture the objective and hold them style game, or conquest in battlefield.

however the devs do keep hinting theres more pvp game types to be announced, so who knows.

DonRodie
02-12-2013, 09:50 AM
oh ok thanks, I kind of figure that. Hopefully they add it in the game later.

Dead_Phoenix
02-12-2013, 09:52 AM

would be cool imho

Primus Palus
02-12-2013, 10:22 AM

Would be cool to have the option of player bases and such. They've not mentioned that... but one of the things I ABSOLUTELY enjoyed about Star Wars Galaxies were the player cities. Imagine being able to set up your own walled in compound out in the middle of some hills. :D That would be awesome.

Kordesh
02-12-2013, 02:54 PM
Would be cool to have the option of player bases and such. They've not mentioned that... but one of the things I ABSOLUTELY enjoyed about Star Wars Galaxies were the player cities. Imagine being able to set up your own walled in compound out in the middle of some hills. :D That would be awesome.

I really don't see that happening. Nothing they've shown about the game suggests it's going to be a sandbox or even borrow sandbox elements. It would be cool, but something like that is a major design project in itself, and if it was going to be a feature, even to a lesser degree, they would be making it well known as a selling point.

DuoMaxwell007
02-12-2013, 08:17 PM
I really don't see that happening. Nothing they've shown about the game suggests it's going to be a sandbox or even borrow sandbox elements. It would be cool, but something like that is a major design project in itself, and if it was going to be a feature, even to a lesser degree, they would be making it well known as a selling point.

well if you wanna be fair Rift came out in 2010... it didnt get player housing until now... so that being said Defiance may not have that suff now but depending on how well it does whos to say it wont happen later?

Muffinman
02-12-2013, 08:32 PM

This game IS great =)

The shadow war is still early in development, not much info is available yet. Although what I can tell you is that it is large, awesome open world pvp ;)

Dead_Phoenix
02-13-2013, 01:12 AM
well if you wanna be fair Rift came out in 2010... it didnt get player housing until now... so that being said Defiance may not have that suff now but depending on how well it does whos to say it wont happen later?

i would seriously love it if they had it so we could build shacks and upgrade them over time.

Fiancee
02-13-2013, 03:37 AM
This isnt pure PVP game like Planetside 2. But I suppose cant they add something like that in the future.

Primus Palus
02-13-2013, 04:08 AM
This isnt pure PVP game like Planetside 2. But I suppose cant they add something like that in the future.

They could always do a server that flags everyone for open world PvP. The question is, are they willing to do that. I would have a character there for sure.

Fiancee
02-13-2013, 04:11 AM
They could always do a server that flags everyone for open world PvP. The question is, are they willing to do that. I would have a character there for sure.

I'd love to see them getting rid off of all ncps etc and turn their zones into big PVP battlefield.

Letus
02-13-2013, 07:43 PM
There are games out there as well that NEVER got player housing.
That said .. there are at least 2 sides to this shadow war from what I've seen (has to be to be a "war") so .. those sides must have some kind of home base do they not ? Perhaps we will end up defend home base from assault at some point down the road .

DuoMaxwell007
02-13-2013, 09:57 PM

or maybe have a once a month event were the server is open pvp for 24 hours and whoever gets the most kills by the end gets something lol