PDA

View Full Version : Just watched Combos vid on the new contracts, Woohoo!!!!!!!

Grimlord
05-30-2015, 08:10 AM
Looks like we getting some new additions to contracts, looks pretty sweet, a big improvement anyway, if you havent seen it here it is https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q3_TjRKCWvg

PithHelmetIrath
05-30-2015, 01:31 PM
.. so in order to get those additional contracts, we have to have an active Patron Pass? If so, wow.. just wow.. might as well sew my wallet closed for this game going forward.

Nefarious
05-30-2015, 01:47 PM
Bringing back some of the old style contracts is cool. I wonder if the old weekly contract called "On All Day" will be in the rotation. If you don't remember or are new it was "Kill 75 Bulwarks in San Francisco."

Would still be nice if more conflict sites became part of the contracts to help mix them up. There a lot of ones just not used for them and they could be. Like Pitfall Mine to name one big one.

There could be weekly contracts that are chained together like The Radio Restart ones where you have to hit up every radio tower in Mt Tam or knocking off the Dark Matter Bases in San Fran. Others could be to clear out the Raider Camps in Sausalito such as Field Road Overview, Hunter Ridge, Bridge Watch, Cronkhite Bunker, and Over Ridge Point. Or to exterminate all Hellbug Nesting sites throughout the Bay. Or to clear out all the Dock sites.

Jerrmy12
05-30-2015, 02:51 PM
Looks like we getting some new additions to contracts, looks pretty sweet, a big improvement anyway, if you havent seen it here it is https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q3_TjRKCWvg

I am very disappointed that the new synergy and elite box is bits only, very disappointed.

KILLSHOT707
05-30-2015, 04:04 PM
I am very disappointed that the new synergy and elite box is bits only, very disappointed.

How else is the staff and server going to make money? Nothing is free.

Niner82
05-30-2015, 04:37 PM
Some of it used to be. There is a difference in making money and getting greedy. Where is the money going? Not to fix the servers, or the content. Lots of things are still broken. But keep that up, whatever helps you keep playing.

Lithova
05-30-2015, 04:56 PM
The direction of the game seems to be focusing more on pay to play/access related content an items.

Nefarious
05-30-2015, 08:29 PM
The direction of the game seems to be focusing more on pay to play/access related content an items.

Im not into the idea of the Premium Lock Box.

As far as Spinal Tap Lock Box and the extra Patron Pass Contracts go, well, new Synergy Lock Boxes are nothing new. And aren't they going to replace and put new ones in every 30 days with a new Jackpot every two weeks? That's kind cool because it will allow players to have weapons unique to them in a way. But it can be shaky ground because certain pay to acquire weapons can be OPed with certain combinations of things. These new Synergy weapons should be limited to having certain weapon types and Nanos in their lock box.

And extra contracts for Patron Pass owners will give more Rep to players that have them but having that extra rep really doesn't give players more of a chance at landing good gear since everything is RNG. A Patron Pass owner will no more chance at cashing in their rep to get something good then a player who doesn't have access to earn the extra rep. That's unless you are looking to spend Rep on the Stock Weapons or on Mods and Chimera Ark Forge , then you have a bit more rep to use to earn those. In itself its not huge but I can see how all these little things could add up for it to be "Pay to Play" in the big picture.

Thorax The Dark
05-31-2015, 12:11 AM
awesome cant wait

Ryu Soba JP
05-31-2015, 03:19 AM
I'm glad to see normal contracts coming back. I'm a patron pass holder but those contracts don't offer enough for me to want to complete them. Players should be able to purchased any lockbox using keycodes and scrip. just my opinion.

SUPREEM
05-31-2015, 05:41 AM

Well its been over 2 years now, they've been raking in the dollars since. How much more time and money do they need before whats been broken for so long finally gets fixed? Another 2 years of cash grabbing and broken content pushing?

Jerrmy12
05-31-2015, 07:27 AM
I'm glad to see normal contracts coming back. I'm a patron pass holder but those contracts don't offer enough for me to want to complete them. Players should be able to purchased any lockbox using keycodes and scrip. just my opinion.
And not like the corporate espionage lockbox...or lockboxes that need 75 keys.

Thorax The Dark
05-31-2015, 09:45 AM
Well its been over 2 years now, they've been raking in the dollars since. How much more time and money do they need before whats been broken for so long finally gets fixed? Another 2 years of cash grabbing and broken content pushing?

obviously its not broken enough as your still playing.

Bonehead
05-31-2015, 10:20 AM
Just another step down the evolutionary path that is Defiance the game. The direction seems to be from a potentially great story driven action shooter mmo to the equivalent of the cheep decoder ring in A Christmas Story.

Meh, the handwriting was indelibly on the wall when the original team was laid off.

Bottom line?

Writers and actors are too expensive for the direction this game is heading.

Can't wait for the "Kill 400 bajillion bosses to help Nolan" tie in content at Alcatraz...

Just give it a couple more years, it's gonna be HUGE in Korea!

PithHelmetIrath
05-31-2015, 10:57 AM
Can't wait for the "Kill 400 bajillion bosses to help Nolan" tie in content at Alcatraz...

Definitely doesn't sound like my definition of "stepping things up", which is what I remember hearing about season 3 content during a developer live stream a few weeks back..

Niner82
05-31-2015, 11:01 AM
I took a break to go play Destiny. I hear T rion is fixing some stuff. Will be back every now and then.

SUPREEM
05-31-2015, 11:10 AM

I log in 1, 2 hours tops every other day and I don't spend a dime. I spend more time on the forums these days. Reconnected with gtao, dcuo and borderlands 1. Compared to just a few months ago I'm not much of a player.

Edit: Also can't remember the last time I pvped. If you're familiar with me you'd know that's odd, my interest has been on a steady decline. Also, why am I still on the forum? Reading post from the names on the screen has become more interesting. I like the game but all I'm saying is that if I continue selling/promoting something that doesn't work as it should, and people continue to support me, I wouldn't take complaints seriously either.

Warhorse1000
05-31-2015, 04:34 PM
Just give it a couple more years, it's gonna be HUGE in Korea!

Lol....and now the lyrics from Tom Waits' song "Big In Japan" are going through my head....