PDA

View Full Version : Advice on a weapon mastery and mod

CaptainObvious
05-30-2015, 08:47 AM
Hey there,

I have an oj quick repeater grenadier rad with double crit and oj dmg, dmg mastery and T5 dmg barrel. I was wondering if I should change barrel to crit and/or mastery to crit?

Does it worth it? Will I gain a good bonus in damage? (assuming it's a headshot weapon)

Thanks for the replies and good game :)

stefb42
05-30-2015, 08:57 AM
Its personal preference, me personally I would go for the crit barrel and mastery as its double crit already, thing about snipers is you're always going for the crit hit, so will most likely crit more often than not, making crit the better option

How about you? Do you feel you get more crit hits than normal hits with a sniper? If you do crit should suit you better, if you hit more normal shots than crits (like body shots etc) then the dmg might suit you best

Duke_Shambles
05-30-2015, 09:01 AM
It depends, if it was my weapon, I would probably go for max crit if I planned to use it for PvE, I'd go for DMG barrel and mastery if I planned to use it in PvP.

Ray8888
05-30-2015, 09:57 AM
The crit is based off the dmg so it really depends on how much you value your cores and AF. Is it in your primary loadout?

CaptainObvious
05-31-2015, 07:30 AM
It's mostly used in pve in a rad loadout with dancing lady for volge sieges or other crap that need fast killing.
But I guess I will change mastery to crit and barrel to crit also.

I'm just wondering if it's an huge boost in dps because for now with the current weapon setting the crit seems kinda low (3.5x for 22k dmg).

Ray8888
05-31-2015, 02:06 PM
With that loadout I bet you're hitting the top tier payout in sieges. You could end up sinking a lot of AF to remaster. Personally I could find better use for the AF but I would T5 it. But I have good luck upgrading purps. YMMV.