PDA

View Full Version : Mod Slots - closed when low level, open later... needs to be changed/removed

MagnusRune Daltus
06-02-2015, 03:07 AM
Hi all

was just talking to someone about this, and i realized how arse backwards this is now.

low level player, doesnt necessarily have the ark salvage to open mod slots, but will also out grow guns too fast to even bother modding.

high level player, has 3/4 million salvage with nothing to spend it on as all mod slots come open.

Now for those unaware, this is from the old leveling mechanics, where it made sense.

How did it work then, but not now?

back then

i got an FRC SAW OJ at lvl 343, and it was never replaced. why? well a level 5000 gun with the same rolls had the exact same stats. so once i got it, i knew i would never get a better LMG, so i opened mod slots and started moding.

at the low level, the ark salvage took a little time to get, but i knew it was an investment, as i would have the gun forever.

(i still have that gun actually, with all purple mods, when they changed weapon damage rolls, they brought all guns to current ego, so mine was suddenly 4800 ish. and so i only had to AF it a bit to 6k)

now

start a new character, and get say the Order and Chaos on your level 300 character..... your screwed... you gonna spend 1400 AF to level it up to 6k? no. you gonna use that gun anywhere past level 7/800? nope. so why even bother opening mod slots and modding it?

My idea?

So i suggest that either all guns come with all mods slots open, as the people who bother modding, already get them open for free. and the lower levels would have more incentive to use the crappy white mods they get.

OR

Close them all, and just as you get random rolls, your guns will have a random amount of mod slots open, even at 6k. it would give us something to spend Ark salvage on.

noMOE_justwrong4ever
06-02-2015, 04:16 PM
No. Just no. We don't need anymore content pushed back behind a paywall. They destroyed the t2/t3 boxes, they got rid of the mod boxes you could buy at release for keys. They made it ridiculous to convert scrip/salvage to keys.

You want to complain about something how about the lag. The dc's during expositions. Getting booted from expos cause trolls get bored and are safe behind the anonymous internet.

Pick a better battle they don't need to waste any resources on this. We will end up using ark forge instead of salvage to mod guns. Don't give them anymore ideas.

MagnusRune Daltus
06-03-2015, 01:47 AM
Pick a better battle

like the 100s of posts slamming the lag? because what has that achieved? just pissing off the Devs.

for all we know they will agree with me, and decide to just open them all, as that is much easier then to have a new RNG added. but i wanted to give them 2 options.

this isnt a game breaking problem no, but it is a problem from how they changed another mechanic.

Mister Derpenhowser
06-03-2015, 02:09 AM
I always thought it was ridiculous too but not vastly important to change. And btw, I would sink over 1k AF into any low ego jackpot I wanted on my main ^^

Gaige12
06-03-2015, 08:05 AM
No. Just no. We don't need anymore content pushed back behind a paywall. They destroyed the t2/t3 boxes, they got rid of the mod boxes you could buy at release for keys. They made it ridiculous to convert scrip/salvage to keys.

You want to complain about something how about the lag. The dc's during expositions. Getting booted from expos cause trolls get bored and are safe behind the anonymous internet.

Pick a better battle they don't need to waste any resources on this. We will end up using ark forge instead of salvage to mod guns. Don't give them anymore ideas.

THIS^^^^ All of this.

KILLSHOT707
06-03-2015, 08:34 AM
Low ego players(below 1000) do not get all the rolls also. Only rep and named guns always have all the rolls below 1000. I guess the idea is the more you level up the more you get. I agree with that thinking.

Cobra Crusher
06-03-2015, 10:31 AM
Low ego guns aren't worth modding anyway since you get new ones all the time.

MagnusRune Daltus
06-04-2015, 01:48 AM
is it 1000 all 4 slots are open by default?

KILLSHOT707
06-04-2015, 05:11 AM
is it 1000 all 4 slots are open by default?

No, it's progressive.

crasher
06-04-2015, 06:16 PM
No, it's progressive.

I'm an E-2029 on a new clone and as far as I can see, ~75% of the weapons I've gotten have been suitcase syn, many weapons are without nano,

and every weapon I have that has more than 1 slot was the result of me spending the AS to install a 2nd thru 4th slot.

Disclaimer:
I autocrush white and green stuff, so I don't even see it, but who wants to clog up an inv with white/green weapons with white/green rolls?
I seriously doubt that any of my greens are suddenly coming with 4 slots, even though I get a metric tonne of greens as rewards from events.

Claydough
06-06-2015, 08:43 AM
you could easily remove this system altogether with little to no impact.
closing mod slots for new players only causes confusion and annoying processes before being able to mod a weapon.

making high level play currency for modding is just silly. if im out of salvage and want to mod a weapon, i dont wanna have to farm for afew hours (days?) for a simple action as to open a slot up just to put a mod on

that's the **** that would instantly turn me off the game.

Atticus Batman
06-06-2015, 04:15 PM
you could easily remove this system altogether with little to no impact.
closing mod slots for new players only causes confusion and annoying processes before being able to mod a weapon.

making high level play currency for modding is just silly. if im out of salvage and want to mod a weapon, i dont wanna have to farm for afew hours (days?) for a simple action as to open a slot up just to put a mod on

that's the **** that would instantly turn me off the game.

High level currency? It uses ark salvage. You get ark salvage from events and from breaking down gear. It is extremely easy to aquire.

That said, if you are in a clan with higher level people, just ask them to unlock your mod slots. I always have over 2 million ark salvage because I break down all white/green gear.