PDA

View Full Version : Please do not kill the Evangel!

Mr Dudley White
06-04-2015, 07:23 PM
If you see someone doing these events by killing all the enemies, please do not just run up and kill the Evangel right away. The Evangel will auto self-destruct once all the mobs are defeated. Killing the Evangel right away robs everyone of much enjoyment, XP, arkforge and the higher possibility for epic quality 7Th Legion weapons to drop. It only takes a few extra minutes to clear all the enemies and it is way more fun doing it this way IMHO.

P.S. Kudos to the developers behind this awesome new zone, I'm really enjoying this new content.

Escyos
06-04-2015, 08:30 PM
Maybe.

If I show up and there is no one around, I will destroy those evangels and move on. No point making life difficult.

Telemachus
06-05-2015, 02:39 AM
10 -30 minutes to server going down , I'll finish anything as quickly as possible.

Even during other times, like late-night, few are around.

Really is an epic worthy of that waste of time ? I'll move to another evangel, most times, even will finish all the other hubs in the invasion incursion thing, but patience is limited at times.

Holy Bahamut3
06-05-2015, 03:30 AM
Pretty much what the others have said, if others aren't there, or its close to reset. The spawnrate of these events are pretty high anyway.

Dixie Cougar
06-05-2015, 03:42 AM
Well I suppose it's good that someone enjoys the SV events...

CaptainObvious
06-05-2015, 04:11 AM
Same with hellbug destruction or other small arkfall where you have to destroy the crystal. Too many ppl with no brain just show up to shoot crystal like mad and get 1 key when you can wait for the last wave and kill monarchs for 10 15 min and get 15 21 keys and some AF.

Ark Huntress
06-05-2015, 04:24 AM
Too many ppl with no brain

Was that even necessary?

When I do conflicts, usually I'm alone or playing with my bud or clanmates. We'll end the event as fast as we can so that we can move on to other conflict, arkfall or incursion.

Besides, some of the conflict are buggy and will end on itself at the 4th or 5th round for no reason.

Crack
06-05-2015, 04:38 AM
I totally dissagree. All you are doing is holding an open world instance hostage so YOU can farm for extra keys/forge. If you want to farm, then go to a conflict site that will phase lock for you and you can farm all day long without affecting anothers play/contracts. Wasting 30 minutes of our rep boost watching you farm an event/instance isnt going to happen...

ratpie
06-05-2015, 04:48 AM
must shoot glowy light.....

konstantinov
06-05-2015, 05:04 AM
I kill them as quickly as possible because I want to get my daily done.

Mayday
06-05-2015, 05:43 AM
I totally agree with the topic creator....if you kill the evangels and nothing else you don't get any keys. Just finished prosperity arkfall with a few players who actually knew what they're doing and raked in something around 12 keys and forge. If you want to do a quick arkfall then go to one with 5 waves....don't ruin the fun for all by charging in and shooting the core or evangel. This isn't key farming. It's simply the most prosperous way to do it....hence the title...prosperity in 99'.

David Irwin
06-05-2015, 08:05 AM
as far as I can tell most instances, missions, or events you don't earn any arkforge till you break at least 20 000 points, so I always want to try score at least that much on any event. it you hammer through an evangels, or arkfall destruction quickly you will only earn around 5000 - 10000 points, not really worth much , no ark forge, almost no keys. so almost seems pointless ( except for if you trying to get some contracts done quickly) . Through my time playing finding and farming evangels has been a favorite. I find a good way to help increase the evangel score between enemy waves you can draw in enemies from surrounding conflict sites ( its pretty easy to end an evangel with nearly 300 kills or more ) . a good evangel can net you a good amount of arkforge. Plus I love the feeling mowing down the massive waves that can come , 30 or more at time. but we all need to except that this is a social game and people have different way they like to play. so to find evangels or arkfall destructions to farm, look for the ones further from the vendors or spawn points, also try later in the day when people have likely finished their contracts. since recent updates it seems evangels happen almost constantly and I can usually find one to farm with out to much difficulty.

Crack
06-05-2015, 09:03 AM
Like I said, I get what everyone is saying about wanting to hold these instances hostage to score boost, but the are conflict sites that are FAR MORE efficient for that kind of farming. So stop being upset when people just want to end them and move on. You can pull about 100 keys an hour as well as the AF you get from some of the typical daily conflict site locations. Just remember that 200k score is the cut-off point before you have to cash out.

David Irwin
06-05-2015, 09:23 AM
Sometimes I don't care to do things in the most efficient way. I play video games for fun. One of the best things about defiance, is the countless ways that it can be played. We shouldn't expect everyone to play the same way we do... in fact I'm pretty sure that would suck if it was that way.

tAsHiNkA
06-05-2015, 09:43 AM
I totally dissagree. All you are doing is holding an open world instance hostage so YOU can farm for extra keys/forge. If you want to farm, then go to a conflict site that will phase lock for you and you can farm all day long without affecting anothers play/contracts. Wasting 30 minutes of our rep boost watching you farm an event/instance isnt going to happen...I would agree with Crack and there are much better places and ways to earn arkforge and farm. Plus, when you let people know what bothers you, what do you think they will do??

Fallen_Aingeal
06-05-2015, 10:04 AM
But, but, but....It says to destroy the evangels....

*Edit*

Just tryin' to "crack that nut", ya know?

Johnny Gatt
06-05-2015, 10:11 AM
If you are on xbox...incursions are located in what is known as crit valley. People are gonna blast through as many as possible before getting booted. As far as rewards go, I agree that the longer you keep an event going, the better payoff in keys and arkforge. That being said, for a year and a half we have been trying to keep people from shooting locks early in war master instances. It still happens, so expect the same at incursions and crystals. As far as purple 7th legion weapons, that is Trion's RNG system and score does not matter.

cartm58
06-05-2015, 11:51 AM
U learn something every day

L am one of those who prefer to kill the Angel as quickly as possible

But l will try to resist the temptation in future and just let the clock run down on them

Is it all three Angels you have to save or can you kill two and save one for last

David Irwin
06-05-2015, 12:13 PM
you can quickly finished the first 2 and farm just the last. If your farming though , you may as well farm them all. but sometimes if you take to long it simply ends suddenly... or if you take too long someone else will come along to finish it. but there is always another one coming soon, it seems they are only minutes apart these days. Sometimes it makes sense to just knock it off quick... other times when the enemies are coming in hordes. its fun to try hold out against the flood of enemies. you shouldn't have to take forever to get it done, but simply holding off on the destruction for like another 60-90 seconds will easily get an 10 000 - 20 000 more points. the most abundant and aggressive waves come when it is closest to being destroyed.

SirServed
06-05-2015, 12:25 PM
It was "fun" when it was new about 10 months ago. Now it's half a mag dumped from my Devil's Advocate Mk II, if that.

Crack
06-05-2015, 12:44 PM
But, but, but....It says to destroy the evangels....

*Edit*

Just tryin' to "crack that nut", ya know?

Haha! Our egos needs to stop giving noobs bad advice...all it does is cause drama in chat. lol "Hey dummy, stop shooting!", "But my ego is telling me to hurry and shoot the locks?"

Sea_Jay
06-05-2015, 01:16 PM
I HATE Grinding !
I just want to import a FatBoy from Fallout 3 and Nuke things & move on...

Some MEGA weapons in Defiance would be great too... A nice clear-the-zone anti-matter implosion or something.

FatMan MIRV being my favorite gun in Fallout 3:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=th-htnkRqxI

David Irwin
06-05-2015, 01:37 PM
free to play = grinding ...

Berfest
06-05-2015, 01:38 PM
Balance out the ego boosting crap. sucks nuts that a 5k+ ego comes by and turns a <2k ego players damage to pure crap. Sure they get some stupid yellow ego numbers that seem to not mean a damn thing as the damage from the low ego doesn't change.

So, I'm quite happy to sit on hill well out of agro range and kill the stupid evangels.

Game mechanics need work, map needs work, backend hierarchy and infrastructure need some SERIOUS work, ...

It's like a EA or R* touched this game.

SirServed
06-05-2015, 01:44 PM
Balance out the ego boosting crap. sucks nuts that a 5k+ ego comes by and turns a <2k ego players damage to pure crap. Sure they get some stupid yellow ego numbers that seem to not mean a damn thing as the damage from the low ego doesn't change.

So, I'm quite happy to sit on hill well out of agro range and kill the stupid evangels.

Game mechanics need work, map needs work, backend hierarchy and infrastructure need some SERIOUS work, ...

It's like a EA or R* touched this game.
Your damage changes as a low EGO when your EGO is scaled up. If your weapons are severely unleveled, your potential damage done will take the hit. You can't expect to be doing the exact same amount as a 6k player when you're scaled up to 5250 and I personally believe the Threat Level in Silicon Valley should always be at 10. The Open World environment is much too forgiving as it allows even the lowest of low EGOs free rein across the New Frontier.

Lamar Kendrick
06-06-2015, 01:56 AM
arrive. destroy evangel. leave

i have other things to do than to sit there and kill them all

and it's pointless to score big if the threat level is less than 9. you'll only get purp 7th legion weapons at threat 9/10 if theres alot of you guys there

but again...

arrive. destroy evangel. leave

insert this song:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DBwgX8yBqsw

Daily420
06-06-2015, 02:52 AM
I always feel sooooooo good when there's nobody there killing the mobs and consuming so much time. Let the mobs eat the crystal, blow up the evangel... get out of this boring incursion as fast as I can lol

final rest
06-07-2015, 01:46 PM
just cant help it.. 50 ppl having the time of their lives killin enemies or not.. that evangel is dead as hell when i get there

Trick83
06-07-2015, 02:41 PM
I see an open world objective I'm doing it.

Annoying as all hell getting whispers "don't do this" "do that"... makes you wonder if these derps pick up a mission and don't do it? You want to suck, go somewhere else, you want to complete the encounter or at least give it hell trying... reload, sack up, and open fire.

(Ego and those frackin locks are a different story)

Tex_Arcana
06-08-2015, 10:03 AM
Evangel is a crap farm anyway.
Kill it and move on to other things.

_CaNkER_
06-10-2015, 07:22 AM
I have to admit that I enjoy killing all the bad guys as opposed to shooting the tower thing. But that's probably because since I'm over ego 5000 and have no story missions to complete, combined with the fact there are no events, what's the point of killing things quick?
If I log on and complete the (very few) daily contracts in the first hour, what else am I supposed to do?. There's no point rushing off to do arkfalls because 64 keys to earn junk becomes tedious after a while.
When I see someone taking the time to kill the bad guys I assume they're doing it for a reason. Maybe they're trying to level up weapon experiance, probably they're just bored and looking to kill time.

At the end off the day, if you're in a rush to do something, then go do it elsewhere. Don't kill someone elses fun just because you can.

Crack
06-10-2015, 08:25 AM
At the end off the day, if you're in a rush to do something, then go do it elsewhere. Don't kill someone elses fun just because you can.

You're seeing it backwards. If you're kill farming or weapon leveling, dont do it by holding an event/rep site hostage...there are plenty conflict sites you can phase lock and have all to yourself for hours upon hours. Most of us run Rep boost and need to complete 25 of these (5 toons x 5). Dragging them out an extra 20 minutes for a few extra keys is such a waste of time compared to what you could be earning elsewhere.

THEREBELHITMAN2
06-10-2015, 09:14 AM
I'm just going to play mine way.

_CaNkER_
06-10-2015, 11:49 PM
Holding events/rep sites up or hostage?... what events?. Besides, you missed the 1st part of my point. Let me re-state, there's NOTHING to do. Not only is there nothing to do, there's fewer people playing so it's hardly a trial to let someone get some kills in.

The big yellow circles in silicon valley are hardly rare. It's not like you won't see one for hours/days or weeks. When you invariably screw up the 1st part of the mission (i.e stopping a conflict in silicon valley) that's when you get the Evangel mission start.

You don't get a cuddle from Santa or a pat on the back for completing it, so why screw with someone's game who's genuinely trying to do something that involves killing all the bad guys?

daitaro
06-11-2015, 12:26 AM
Evangels why u die so fast

David Irwin
06-11-2015, 09:14 AM
The silliest thing about this whole argument is, if your in a hurry then don't hang around. You don't need to stay to the end to get contract credit. you could just stop by knock some shots off and be on your way, when the instance ends you will get your credit. Farming can be frustrating because seems like no matter where your are, or what sort of instance you choose you likely only have around 20-30 min before some one comes along to end it. I don't understand how anyone is holding anything hostage, even when your try get everything you can out the evangel they are still only 15- 20 min long, because if you just let it go it will end on its own.

konstantinov
06-11-2015, 09:22 AM
The silliest thing about this whole argument is, if your in a hurry then don't hang around. You don't need to stay to the end to get contract credit. you could just stop by knock some shots off and be on your way, when the instance ends you will get your credit. Farming can be frustrating because seems like no matter where your are, or what sort of instance you choose you likely only have around 20-30 min before some one comes along to end it. I don't understand how anyone is holding anything hostage, even when your try get everything you can out the evangel they are still only 15- 20 min long, because if you just let it go it will end on its own.

It's not worth rolling the dice on ps3 NA due to server stability.

Ray8888
06-11-2015, 11:02 AM
It's not worth rolling the dice on ps3 NA due to server stability.

Same with Xbox NA. Also nice when it gets stuck between waves. Used to be able to get 60 pts and leave them be but not so much anymore.

Nefarious
06-11-2015, 11:17 AM
imo they definitely have to do something.

Incursions can be mighty fun when they last. The Evangel needs to be tougher. Its not like its a real attacking enemy. Its just an obelisk. Its should have higher HP, Armor plates, and a Shield. Why not?

The same with the Pheromone Secretors, they need some kind of buff or be replaced with something new all together.

Destroying the Evangel or Pheromone Secretors should be a far second to winning the battle to killing a sufficient amount of enemies.

The way the Incursions play now just make them a waste of an event. *snaps fingers* They can just end that quickly.

Arondos
06-11-2015, 11:48 AM
Most times I am doing it for daily/weekly. Not going to stand around because someone wants to try to farm it on the .01% chance they might get a somewhat decent drop.

Nefarious
06-11-2015, 02:40 PM
Most times I am doing it for daily/weekly. Not going to stand around because someone wants to try to farm it on the .01% chance they might get a somewhat decent drop.

I think it has more to do with just wanting to experience a fun event. Not so much farming it as there are more efficient ways to farm resources then Incursions.

SirServed
06-11-2015, 02:50 PM
The only real fix would be to make the ultimate objective (the Evangel in this case) immune to damage until all of the adds are dead. If not, people like myself will always show up and complete the objective that gets the job done regardless of how much other players complain. There are better locations for farming score and the quality of combat that this offers is not mechanically challenging.

Cobra Crusher
06-11-2015, 04:33 PM
Everytime i go to one now theres 5 gajillion enemies and 3 noobs on the ground. I have to destroy the evangel while being mauled non stop.

Tex_Arcana
06-12-2015, 03:47 PM
The only real fix would be to make the ultimate objective (the Evangel in this case) immune to damage until all of the adds are dead. If not, people like myself will always show up and complete the objective that gets the job done regardless of how much other players complain. There are better locations for farming score and the quality of combat that this offers is not mechanically challenging.
Quoted for Truthiness.