PDA

View Full Version : how about rolling back preparedness and on reload cooldowns?

YahootsMagoondi
06-06-2015, 08:58 AM
since this was really a bandaid fix for 0.0 reload guns, which are now no longer possible, can we get this looked at again. preparedness was really handy in the right situations at one time, and the cooldown for on reload should either be removed or knocked back to 5 seconds max. anybody else got an opinion?

eaglepowers
06-06-2015, 09:10 AM
I always hated the change. At the time they based the decision off the pts users who for whatever reason thought it was good. They didn't care that people like me who weren't on pts thought the delay was too long. Shorten it please it really made using perks a lot more fun and like the op said that ridiculous zagger is gone.

Yakalfurd
06-06-2015, 09:48 AM
THIS .THIS A MILLION TIMES THIS!!!! Preparedness before this "fix" for me and my play style was the most useful perk, after the overcharge perks that is. Personally I never play PvP , I've never been a fan of it in this game. I have never understood why they ruin PvE in order to "fix" PvP issues & vice versa. I'm sure it's probably complicated & I don't really know anything about programing/coding. But couldn't they make the way perks, shields, health and weapons work differently between PvE & PvP? Instead of breaking one to fix the other.

alienstookmybeer
06-06-2015, 12:59 PM
They should roll back the Preparedness change, because it is currently broken.

http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?183631-Preparedness-perk-broken

xXxDSMer
06-06-2015, 03:14 PM
I think you're spot on with removing cooldown for on reload stuff since its no longer possible to hit 0.0 reload, or at least reduce it to 5 seconds.

10 or whatever it is right now... a HIGH capacity LMG is the only thing that works with preparedness as far as being any kind of useful (when it feels like working)

Jerrmy12
06-06-2015, 04:13 PM
I always hated the change. At the time they based the decision off the pts users who for whatever reason thought it was good. They didn't care that people like me who weren't on pts thought the delay was too long. Shorten it please it really made using perks a lot more fun and like the op said that ridiculous zagger is gone.

How ridiculous was the zagger?

cmpowell
06-06-2015, 05:06 PM
How ridiculous was the zagger?

The zagger was so good you didn't need any other weapon

I really miss it

Claydough
06-06-2015, 08:02 PM
no such thing as temporary fix in this game

Crack
06-07-2015, 04:24 AM
I agree 100% and we talk about this several times a week. The perk tree got several bad changes to try and "fix" the zero reload Zaggers and in the end they changed the rolls on it anyway.

Put preparedness back to the way its was...I really miss using my duel Saw loadouts. Favorite gun but I HATE reloading those stupid things therefor I dont use them anymore. lol

crasher
06-07-2015, 08:05 AM
I agree 100% and we talk about this several times a week. The perk tree got several bad changes to try and "fix" the zero reload Zaggers and in the end they changed the rolls on it anyway.

Put preparedness back to the way its was...I really miss using my duel Saw loadouts. Favorite gun but I HATE reloading those stupid things therefor I dont use them anymore. lol
There are a lot of weapons and a lot of perks that have been made worth less, and in too many cases worth less to the point of not worth using at all.

Preparedness is just a wasted spot on the EGO grid now, for example.
Preparedness mostly only works in cases where it's not particularly useful.

Preparedness many times doesn't seem to work at all for some weapon combination and/or in many situations anyway. I can combine a BMG/Infector/pistol in various loadout combinations, fire the primary weapon until empty so it auto reloads several times, and I can swap to my secondary to find it empty.
Preparedness is not only neutered, it flat out doesn't work many times when I need it to work even in it's crippled form.
As said by several other people in other threads - It's getting harder to find perks that are even worth using anymore. Many of my newly made 'toons will stack up 90+ perk points at a time. I don't bother even spending them anymore, until I just use them all up at once for the 25 or 50 perk pursuit.

Ned Kelly
06-07-2015, 08:37 AM
I simply left the game, it was the last straw in a long line of last straws