PDA

View Full Version : So, this game is free to play....

Belquerst
06-07-2015, 11:27 AM
Hey,

I'm a player who is looking for a good game. Playing Planetside 2, but looking for something else to play.

This game is dedicated as F2P. Is it worth to play it if I don't want to spend money on it? Or if I want to enjoy some end-game content I have to put some real cash to the game?

Thanks for all suggestions..

PS: Sry for my english :p

final rest
06-07-2015, 03:54 PM
ya the game is fun to play as f2p and totally worth the time to get into even tho they are paying less and less attention(if any) to free players. they just made contracts mostly pay to play which was a major deal for free players but all in all its a good game to play. end game content is still exciting as a free player cause u can still outscore ppl on sieges and arkfalls who pay money and pvp is a blast

ps. your english was perfect :)

Tex_Arcana
06-08-2015, 10:07 AM
I would say the game is borderline now (As a Free to Play).
It was better pre-Alcatraz for a F2P player.
While Alcatraz has added better combat; It has fenced-off a chunk of easy rep farming (primarily from those who can't/won't sit at their gaming desk all day).
Compared to some other F2P models out there: Defiance is about a 6 out of 10.

Dixie Cougar
06-08-2015, 03:43 PM
While Alcatraz has added better combat; It has fenced-off a chunk of easy rep farming (primarily from those who can't/won't sit at their gaming desk all day).

Yeah I have to agree there, the packaging of Alcatraz has been less than ideal. Daily expedition contracts are terrible for anyone who actually has commitments outside the game.

David Irwin
06-08-2015, 03:57 PM
I played the game for months before I ever spent a dime. there is a ton of free content, but if you want to play to max ego you will likely need to make some sort of investment.

Tex_Arcana
06-08-2015, 05:15 PM
I played the game for months before I ever spent a dime. there is a ton of free content, but if you want to play to max ego you will likely need to make some sort of investment.
I played the game for months before Alcatraz and was more than happy to spend a modest amount of money to expand the gameplay (Approx. $80.00).
But Trion has punched themselves in the face imo: Game was better before the release of Alcatraz (for Free to Play).

_CaNkER_
06-10-2015, 06:59 AM
Pre-Alcatraz I loved playing the game. Post Alcatraz you're better off playing free to play games like Solitaire or War Thunder. Hell, making mud pies in the back yard is a better quality, more worthwhile experiance.

Don't bother with Defiance. It's dead in the water.