PDA

View Full Version : New Ninja nerfing

Juggalo Juice
06-08-2015, 07:55 AM
Ok now I'm really getting ticked off. Today I logged on and my blast rifles all have less damage. two weeks ago my piper and cyber rig produced 1898 x 3 damage, one week ago 1892 x 3 damage, two days ago 1840 x 3 damage, today 1802 x 3 damage. They at trion think there slick, I caught it being ninja nerfed. Stop playing with our damage numbers please.

KILLSHOT707
06-08-2015, 08:05 AM
I don't think they touched the blast rifles at all. Are you using a cyber rig ?

Fuzzy
06-08-2015, 08:08 AM
Well, there are many things that can influence the damage:

When overcharge is active, it will be reflected on your weapon card
Having a weapon equipped in your loadout giving +% damage can influence your weapon card afaik
Not sure on this but if you have a Saturnalia weapon, you only see the +% dmg when it's equipped (could be wrong on that!)
Damage mastery, damage barrel (if anything has changed on this)
Even standing in a damage spike or having the green boost from Dark Matter active will reflect on your weapon card.

Any change with Cyber Rigs (changing chips in your Rig from damage to something else maybe?) can result in less damage.

Not saying there hasn't been a change but I don't think there has been.

Smokey Black
06-08-2015, 09:17 AM
The OP is correct.

Just checked my Empousa, a few days ago it was doing 1605(1600 and some change)

Right now it's down to 1575.

Infinity Eagle
06-08-2015, 11:08 AM
Saturnalia synergy has been mess-up from when they first dropped. This is the same weapon all three times.
Has been happening way before we had rigs, so I guess now it is a feature :confused:
http://i257.photobucket.com/albums/hh222/infinityeagle/rsbr3_zpsj0gamsql.jpghttp://i257.photobucket.com/albums/hh222/infinityeagle/rsbr2_zpsj3esjssq.jpghttp://i257.photobucket.com/albums/hh222/infinityeagle/rsbr1_zpsrpr07kw4.jpg
P.S. the last two are with a rig

Nefarious
06-08-2015, 11:20 AM
I haven't noticed or checked. But the Blast Rifle is OP'ed, what do you expect?

Massively Over Powered : - Which weapons does the team feel are in a good place? Are there any weapons that really seem to be lagging behind in popularity or utility?

LoCarb: - Jackpot weapons have been well received, and SMGs are sitting at a pretty good spot. At the same time, Blast Rifles might be a touch on the high side..

Its going to get looked into sooner or later.

Octo
06-08-2015, 11:46 AM
I don't know about the nerf, but he's right, something is weird about the dmg numbers.
I can't explain because it's beyond my english level, but the dmg numbers are going up and down for no reason. Sometimes I lose like 2-4k dmg, then back to regular dmg, then a little more, etc. I can be inside a WM, twerking on a vendor or swimming alone in the ocean, it's the same thing so it's not a scalling thing I guess (or maybe it is)... But it's weird ! And it happended before and after the rigs/chips.

ratpie
06-08-2015, 12:28 PM
check your threat lvl. can change your numbers.

Lithova
06-08-2015, 03:20 PM
I have noticed these fluctuations with the damage output numbers since I started playing, I always assumed it was just a game mechanic and had at least several conversation with various clan mates and friends regarding it. Some say its because of boosts (group, clan) others say its threat level, some say another game bug.

But yea I could just log into the game some days, spawn in a safe zone not be in a group and notice my damage output on say my springer or piper or whatever is equipped at the moment and see that the numbers for damage are changed, either slightly higher or lower.

Lithova
06-08-2015, 11:04 PM
I decided to check the numbers on my Piper MK2, earlier they were 1561x3 and now its 1578x3 the other stats don't change just the damage. Still trying to figure out whats going on.

eaglepowers
06-08-2015, 11:54 PM
Speaking of ninja nerfing this thread sure has changed.

crazyged
06-09-2015, 12:28 AM
http://www.crazyfool.co.za/gifs/nerf.jpg

Smokey Black
06-09-2015, 02:21 PM
Now my empousa is down to 1500 flat down a full 100 dmg points

tpollett
06-09-2015, 02:28 PM
Seems that the saturnalia synergy is applying to whatever you are looking at if you have it currently as your active weapon. I don't have an paradise weapons on live but next time I go to the PTS I'll check if that synergy has the same issue. I'll also check when I log back into live if the assassin synergy is applying to what you are looking at as long as the weapon is equipped and is the active weapon. I know cannoneer does not act that way so I think it's just an issue with saturnalia, but I will check anyway.

Edit: Paradise Territory synergy performs the same way. Damage numbers are showing incorrectly on the card due to the synergy applying to what you are looking at instead of the weapon itself. Probably because it's coded to just provide you personally with a damage increase as opposed to providing the weapon itself with the damage increase. Just speculation but it fits the scenario. Assassin synergy does not provide similar discrepancies. Nor do any others that I currently have. Checked with spinal tap as well and the firing rate or reload speed is not affected.

Doc Kilroy
06-09-2015, 02:35 PM
there are also dmg modifiers on other backpack syn's forgot which ones (exp firewall) I think adds extra dmg to nearby players when certain events happens (shield break) also chimera or paradise adds a little I believe? you might have been close enough to someone with those type of perks when you checked.

tpollett
06-09-2015, 02:43 PM
Doc Kilroy: good point; I know I was checking these on the PTS so I'm alone but it is conceivable that the discrepancies others noted are being affected by those around them.