PDA

View Full Version : Will this ever be released for the PS4?

Sac0117
06-08-2015, 11:33 AM
I am just hoping this will be released soon for the PS4, what are the chances?

cmpowell
06-08-2015, 11:48 AM
No, never. Sry but it's been brought up a multitude of times

_CaNkER_
06-10-2015, 07:52 AM
Before the release of Alcatraz there was a large number of people asking the same question. After Alcatraz, there was a disproportionately large number of players who ceased to play the game, combined with a less than adequate number of new players to take their place.

Defiance across all platforms is effectively dead. Trion has stated they have no plans for transition to next gen consoles and even if they said tomorrow it was going to happen, it'd still take at least 2 years for them to build a half-quality game that would entice people to try it. 2K made the mistake of cobbling old code together to produce Borderlands the Pre-Sequel in roughly 8 months and it flunked. Trion's all about the money and it'll take them a while to realise Alcatraz is a mess and they're not getting financed for it anymore.

Personally I'd be happy to see the so-called promise of the game influencing the TV show and vice versa, but the TV show got cancelled here half-way through the 1st season.

xXxDSMer
06-10-2015, 01:53 PM
Even if it is 3 years from now that the game croaks, or x360/ps3 become totally obsolete... if there's no plans to move to x1/ps4: I'm finding it rather difficult to justify spending money on the game... as I'm sure is the case for many others.

Already been there and done that with other f2p games, spent quite a bit of money... just to have the game die out and lose all of that money for nothing.

_CaNkER_
06-10-2015, 10:07 PM
My console died a couple of weeks ago so I downloaded the game to PC. Still haven't played it. Got a new console a few days ago, downloaded the game and haven't spent more than 10mins 'playing' it.

The game's a ghost, it just doesn't know it's dead yet.