PDA

View Full Version : Prove it!

Zombified
04-05-2013, 02:36 PM
OK. I've managed to calm myself. I was really pissed at this game day one and two. It still has a ton of issues but I'm really doubting the fan service. I've read a lot of people say they have no issues. (Seriously?)

But the one I really like is I've seen a people claim no lag with 40+ people on an Ark fall. Post a video or quit lying.

The game has issues and I think Trion has proven their willingness to work on them (Look for the Dev Blog)
Lying isn't a way to generate support. Give the game time it has a lot of promise. I've changed my views over the last three nights.

But really let me see this 40+ no lag Ark fall.

Rogue345
04-05-2013, 02:39 PM
OK. I've managed to calm myself. I was really pissed at this game day one and two. It still has a ton of issues but I'm really doubting the fan service. I've read a lot of people say they have no issues. (Seriously?)

But the one I really like is I've seen a people claim no lag with 40+ people on an Ark fall. Post a video or quit lying.

The game has issues and I think Trion has proven their willingness to work on them (Look for the Dev Blog)
Lying isn't a way to generate support. Give the game time it has a lot of promise. I've changed my views over the last three nights.

I have no lag unless its a major arkfall after last nights patch(with 100+ people) and even then it's not that bad. There are some other issues but it seems most of the big stuff is getting fixed. (i would make a video but i have cheap internet grade F if you do a speed test and that will lag me)

iCoNiC_Waly
04-05-2013, 02:41 PM

I have streamed a couple 40+ ark falls, and the only lag I received was FPS lag, not server side lag, occasionally mobs would pop in and out, but after yesterdays patch that is the worst it got. What do you expect on a 5+ Year old console? Not everything is going to run super smooth, especially with what this game hopes to achieve.

ih8tnubs
04-05-2013, 02:42 PM
I've had no probs so far

Xavier Horovitz
Until major FPS drops are fixed, the game simply becomes unplayable at points.

Ainrehtea
I watched my friend do one without lag at 3:30pm today(almost 6pm now). The only problems I noticed were glitchy delayed audio and quite a bit of FPS drops in some phases.

The one thing that bugged him was how the game does "Control" over population and mobs. If he was too far away the mobs would disappear until he was closer. I think he had max setting on too(not sure if you can change them for 360).

Zombified
04-05-2013, 02:47 PM
I'm not hating on the game. Just calling BS on no lag at the big ark falls. I was in two last night after that patch and it was pretty horrible. I haven't played yet today so if the patch today fixed it whoo hoo!

Still want proof. Say what you want but I won't believe it till I see it! :)

LALLY
04-05-2013, 02:55 PM
ive had no problems but there certainly is lag on large arkfalls, whether it may be small for some people....there is lag

Vhailas
04-05-2013, 03:02 PM
I hope they don't do like TERA did for Nexus, where they just made everyone outside your party and the 12 nearest players invisible to you. Granted, it did fix a lot of the lag in their open raid content.

TwistedSynns
04-05-2013, 03:02 PM
thats my only lag is in the arkfalls , well big ones. and even then its really not that bad , just a few monarchs disappear for about 2-3 seconds but other than that , with an arkfall swarmed with players its not that bad

Dodece
04-05-2013, 03:07 PM
Believe it or not I have been part of a few events that were particularly free from lag. That isn't to say that it is the most common of things to happen. It does happen though when the event takes place during off hours, or is far enough away from the beginner areas. Of coarse there is a trade off when it happens like that. Sometimes the fall events end up going fallow.

In other words there aren't enough players progressed to that region to actually do the event. When you are talking to people who are telling you they aren't experiencing a great deal of lag. Chances are they are pretty far out of the starter areas. For instance I am in San Francisco now, and I am starting to feel kind of lonely. I have seen a grand total of six people today. I participated in a large Arkfall event, but I was the only one there. Yes I literally tried to bait people into joining me. I took care of four nests solo, and I went to the final staging arena, and waited for five minutes for anyone to show up to do it with me.

I guarantee you if I went to one of the main areas I would positively be tripping over other players. Give it a few days, and once people start to spread out some more. The events are probably going to suffer a bit less lag. You got to realize that if you are in a beginners area even though there are forty people in that event. There are probably hundreds if not thousands of other players in that general area.

I have played a lot of Massive titles. Once the population spreads out the servers will have a easier time with the coping. If you want to help matters then progress your story line. Get out of the starter areas so you can actually take part in the smoother Arkfall events. The lag taking place in those events should actually give you some incentive to make better use of your time. Believe it or not the story missions are pretty good, and the rewards are equal to most Arkfall events. Some of them are a lot more challenging too.

Go do some co-op events, fight in the shadow war, or cruise the roads looking for trouble. They gave us a lot of stuff to do for a reason. Oh and the best thing of all you could do would be this. Don't sleep in the game. There are a lot of self absorbed people that sit just outside of Arkfall events while they go eat dinner. They just sit there taxing the servers, because they plan to jump in for the last few minutes of an event to get the cookies. Now that is purely asinine.