PDA

View Full Version : Question about the 3 Platforms

tankknat
08-18-2012, 08:44 PM
Hey all,

I have a question and im sure i heard it in one of the dev videos or read somewhere online that it would be 1 a/c for all platforms.
Also will it be cross platform servers... ie ps3, xbox and pc playing together the reason i say this is due to the main story going on the servers. cos we cant have say the ps3 going down a different path than say xbox or pc... just a query...

Matt Treck
08-18-2012, 10:15 PM
There are many threads asking this very question, the answer is and will be no. As of now there will be no cross-platform play. Unless something changes, and I doubt very much that will happen.

If you want a more detailed answer go watch the Comic Con panel on the official Defiance YouTube channel.

Mirimon
08-18-2012, 10:30 PM
Because the are making the poor decision to also dev this to play on xbox, it will not share the same servers, PC/ps3 would have been fine, but MicroSoft plays well with nobody, more so the console itself is just woefully underpowered.

Matt Treck
08-19-2012, 02:22 AM
Judging by your attacking Microsoft in every post you make, I take it you don't like them? :)

Also, you can't deny that the game will sell on the 360. I don't see it as a poor business decision, or a poor design decision. There are other reasons why cross platform play in a shooter can cause bad things to happen.

Arkamenitas
08-19-2012, 10:02 AM
Because the are making the poor decision to also dev this to play on xbox, it will not share the same servers, PC/ps3 would have been fine, but MicroSoft plays well with nobody, more so the console itself is just woefully underpowered.

Maybe trion wanted their game on a platform besides pc that can actually keep a live online service up :P

(side note - i'm against putting this on consoles at all, but as the console players wont affect me in any way, i SUPPOSE they can have their defiance too...grudgingly)

:p

Mirimon
08-19-2012, 04:05 PM
haha, i got it, you talking about psn network hacks? that effected the "store" portion of online.. not the multiplayer servers of sony, or the servers slected by some of it's publishers (publishers for ps3 games have the options of what servers they want to use, also, what they can give to the people as DL content is completely up to them.).. now, xboxlive has been downed several times (14 to count) by simple intrusions purely for hacking accounts, since nothing happens on xbox for free, everything is tied directly to credit cards and bank accounts), furthermore, hundreds of people, if not more, are reporting account "hacks" and the like of their xbox live accounts. To this day it is a Huge issue. Now, the psn was hacked, but by no mere amatures, but non other than the same people who hacked the CIA..... it was not to obtain account information, or delete people's achievements.. it was nothing more than a statement, a sad one at that, as playstation services are free to use.. this would be like hacking wiki, or google, or the air from the sky...

Just saying, if we have to allow for a console defiance.. why not avoid the issues that come with xbox, and potentially ruin the experience for all, and instead move fully into a pc and PS3 only defiance (as the only limiting issue for the console in this case is the RAM..) where both parties can play comfortably with each other. also, a side note, If you have played with the various communities on the consoles.. you would already know the ps3 community is far more mature than xbox, and much more like the PC community.

in summary, xbox development will only make the game worse for all of us, and not allow Defiance to be all that it can be.

Mindfix
08-19-2012, 06:44 PM
Mirimon you are just attacking microsoft and xbox but everything you say is either an out right lie or just exaggerated.

1 Trion has already said there would not have been any issues with them cross platforming the servers, it was just an issue of the seperate companies agreeing to it (mainly microsoft), so saying it is to underpowered is just you being bias and well stupid.

2 I have had PSN and Xbox live accounts since the release of both the 360 and PS3 and while i can't once say my live service has been down due to hacking i can count multiple times my PSN has been down for weeks, also Sony did say themselve that the second time they were hacked they did take some credit card and debit card info, so yeah nice try there. Also coming from someone who uses both services LIVE runs far smoother.

3 For trion to not include 360 well that would be a huge mistake, i for one will be trying the game on 360 and i know quite a few people who will be doing the same and have seen a lot of people posting here saying they will be going with xbox.

Not sure what your problem with microsoft is nor do i care just felt like correcting you on a few things.

Mirimon
08-20-2012, 11:02 AM
I am biased.. but only in the way of knowing which has the higher numbers.. biased because of facts.. and data...

ps3 has 9k more titles
ps3 has 80k more users online
ps3 doesn't have an 87% failure rate
aside from sever thunderstorms dropping all services in the area.. one of my orignial ps3's is still on line, folding protiens since day one (yes.. something done in 4 hours that it takes stanford U's supercomputers a month to do.)

Owning a game shop gives me much more data than simply believing w/e viral advertising xbox has or the strait lies it touts about. Actually.. I happen to have a wall in here with statements and posts from all 3 manufacturers, and sub companies, as well as data from 3rd parties.. it really is funny the things you see when they are side by side. W/e, believe what you will, or learn something and KNOW the truth. for me facts>belief

Mindfix
08-20-2012, 02:56 PM
I am biased.. but only in the way of knowing which has the higher numbers.. biased because of facts.. and data...

ps3 has 9k more titles
ps3 has 80k more users online
ps3 doesn't have an 87% failure rate
aside from sever thunderstorms dropping all services in the area.. one of my orignial ps3's is still on line, folding protiens since day one (yes.. something done in 4 hours that it takes stanford U's supercomputers a month to do.)

Owning a game shop gives me much more data than simply believing w/e viral advertising xbox has or the strait lies it touts about. Actually.. I happen to have a wall in here with statements and posts from all 3 manufacturers, and sub companies, as well as data from 3rd parties.. it really is funny the things you see when they are side by side. W/e, believe what you will, or learn something and KNOW the truth. for me facts>belief

lol you avoid commenting on the lies you were called out on and reply with more lies, the failure rate of the xbox is high but not 87% . You lost any cred in these forums with in your first few post here.

Mirimon
08-20-2012, 03:32 PM
nope.. it's 87%.. stop listening to 1st party commentary and look at neutral 3rd party data. I make a ton of money on RRoD and it's subsequent failures (they never fixed the issue, only changed the way the user can or can not view the error), likewise many people have even made some funny vids about it.. it was enough of an issue to take up a good portion of it's own wiki page... meh.. nvm, seems we have a fanatic here.. and facts almost never sway the minds of fanatics..

Mindfix
08-20-2012, 04:52 PM
nope.. it's 87%.. stop listening to 1st party commentary and look at neutral 3rd party data. I make a ton of money on RRoD and it's subsequent failures (they never fixed the issue, only changed the way the user can or can not view the error), likewise many people have even made some funny vids about it.. it was enough of an issue to take up a good portion of it's own wiki page... meh.. nvm, seems we have a fanatic here.. and facts almost never sway the minds of fanatics..

lol fanatic? Have you viewed any of your post? All them are anti Microsoft, even when a topic has nothing to do with an Xbox you just start bashing. You have been called out on multiple lies by myself and others and you just avoid it and switch up to another lie. I play both my consoles and enjoy them both and the only reason i will play on my xbox rather than my pc or ps3 is because everyone i know who is buying the game is going 360. I am not defending Xbox, i am calling you out on your bs, so quit trolling :)

Mirimon
08-20-2012, 07:25 PM
yup.. fanatic

Escyos
08-20-2012, 10:00 PM
@Mindfix and @Mirimon - maybe you can keep the petty squabbling somewhere else off the forums. Its not constructive and in most cases, when on forums, escalates until someone gets banned.

Mirimon
08-21-2012, 12:02 AM
very true, though bound to happen in threads labeled for comparison where the premise is a discussion about different choices.

none the less, wtb some testing time am I right? can't wait to get a hold of this!

The Dude
08-29-2012, 04:43 PM

Shadowrun...

Harmil
08-30-2012, 12:15 AM
Seriously? We get the world's first multi-platform, big-budget MMO and all you can think to do is whine about whose platform is going to ruin it? Sad.

Anyway, as I've said in other threads, the Comicon answer didn't actually resolve the question, and they're still holding back answering the deeper question (which I don't fault them for, they're probably still working out details, and there's a lot of technical as well as business issues to bang on before they set anything in stone).

All they've said so far is that there would be no cross-platform play, but I've listed out about a half dozen questions in another thread that that doesn't answer.

Interestingly, Rift might provide some context, here. Trion has worked pretty hard to keep the transfer policy and cross-faction interaction as open as possible. I think that speaks well for what they might try to do with this game. There's no particular reason, for example, for them to restrict direct communication (like in-game mail) between platforms, but if this were Blizzard, SOE or any of a half dozen other MMO companies, I wouldn't expect them to allow it. Trion? I'll wait and see...

The core problem with cross-platform really is the PC. The PC's user interface is orders of magnitude more responsive, and there's just no good way to compensate for that, especially in a shooter. But unless they make objectives on consoles trivial, there's no real reason to lock down the economy or accounts, so I wouldn't run around announcing that it's all or nothing.

Harmil
08-30-2012, 12:19 AM
... bound to happen in threads labeled for comparison where the premise is a discussion about different choices.

No one was comparing anything until you showed up. No one was discussing any choices other than the prospect for cross-platform interaction and the divergence of story between platforms before you showed up.

You don't HAVE to start platform flame wars if you don't WANT to.

Arkamenitas
08-30-2012, 07:00 PM
No one was comparing anything until you showed up. No one was discussing any choices other than the prospect for cross-platform interaction and the divergence of story between platforms before you showed up.

^this guy. also, /popcorn

Mirimon
08-30-2012, 11:08 PM
settle down people, no need to call people names or get upset, keep it civil please.

Mindfix
08-31-2012, 02:57 PM

Aye, well said.

DefianceFan2012
09-02-2012, 07:12 PM
hell Xbox have 37 million people logging on a day talking about failure (coughs)(PS3) hell i would bet you money Xbox would do better than PS3

Mirimon
09-02-2012, 07:35 PM
hell Xbox have 37 million people logging on a day talking about failure (coughs)(PS3) hell i would bet you money Xbox would do better than PS3

didn't want to have to go there, but since you have troubles reading english, ps3 have an avg of 80k users online at all times, this is because it's a global system with no limitations or regional content restrictions. (your xbox has regional restrictions within the games and the console.. you cannot buy a game made for japan and play it in your xbox unless you happen to own a japanese xbox.. the same goes for watching dvd (because ps3 plays all disc content up to blueray it also pwns xbox here)) Because of having no restrictions globally, I am not simply playing with another american who happens to be residing in a foreign land, I am playing with all the peoples of the world. That simple fact alone trumps xbox in several ways.

Furthermore.. to the people who generally might have less than us, in terms of monies or properties.. the added value of a ps3>xbox is that they can do a ton of things in one box.. from photo/movie editing, checking emails.. plug and play periphial usage of printers and such really makes it a multi purpose, multi capable machine equivilant and on occasion better than many expensively built pc rigs (yes.. including pc games.. I played WoW on ps3 until 3.0 released using a version of linux 5.4, and it played wonderfully, despite WoW being such an old game, keyboard, mouse, and all).

Check the facts, and yourself before responding please, and stop this hatred and bickering of platforms, we already know which is better, we really don't want to hear unfounded fanaticism about your opinions projected onto us.

Facts people.. facts...

Mindfix
09-03-2012, 09:00 AM
didn't want to have to go there, but since you have troubles reading english, ps3 have an avg of 80k users online at all times, this is because it's a global system with no limitations or regional content restrictions. (your xbox has regional restrictions within the games and the console.. you cannot buy a game made for japan and play it in your xbox unless you happen to own a japanese xbox.. the same goes for watching dvd (because ps3 plays all disc content up to blueray it also pwns xbox here)) Because of having no restrictions globally, I am not simply playing with another american who happens to be residing in a foreign land, I am playing with all the peoples of the world. That simple fact alone trumps xbox in several ways.

Furthermore.. to the people who generally might have less than us, in terms of monies or properties.. the added value of a ps3>xbox is that they can do a ton of things in one box.. from photo/movie editing, checking emails.. plug and play periphial usage of printers and such really makes it a multi purpose, multi capable machine equivilant and on occasion better than many expensively built pc rigs (yes.. including pc games.. I played WoW on ps3 until 3.0 released using a version of linux 5.4, and it played wonderfully, despite WoW being such an old game, keyboard, mouse, and all).

Check the facts, and yourself before responding please, and stop this hatred and bickering of platforms, we already know which is better, we really don't want to hear unfounded fanaticism about your opinions projected onto us.

Facts people.. facts...

Facts are facts yet if anyone wants to scroll through your past post they can look at all the lies you have already posted. No one has posted anything really negative towards xbox or ps3 besides you who is constantly bashing the 360, please give it a break already.

Btw what exactly was he wrong about? Saying that live has 37 million users because that isn't wrong.

Mirimon
09-03-2012, 08:38 PM
Yeah.. Mindfix.. nobody is really happy here with your constantly stalking their posts on the internet, mature a bit and stop fighting with people please. keep this on topic and clean.

graydragon
09-04-2012, 06:34 AM
well one thing i was thinking on was for the pc platform...operating systems is a good place to start, i my self have been using ubuntu, witch is Linux based and know there's other ones out there like windows , I must ask is will it be viable for both typs of operating systems? im hoping the answer is yes.
or if thay would make a program that you boot your pc off of?
well thats my q for thinking on
my 2 fave os's are ubuntu 10.10 and windows xp

tankknat
09-04-2012, 07:20 PM
the one thing i dont understand, is i came on here asking a simple question... i did not in anyway shape or form want this to turn into a hate thread. mod's can we please close this.

thejackal
09-04-2012, 07:36 PM
Been reading through all the threads here since I joined today doesn't seem like it's just this thread and sounds like its just one guy and people should just ignore him.

Mirimon
09-05-2012, 05:16 PM
well one thing i was thinking on was for the pc platform...operating systems is a good place to start, i my self have been using ubuntu, witch is Linux based and know there's other ones out there like windows , I must ask is will it be viable for both typs of operating systems? im hoping the answer is yes.
or if thay would make a program that you boot your pc off of?
well thats my q for thinking on
my 2 fave os's are ubuntu 10.10 and windows xp

very good points, worthy of an answer, have we got anybody knowing of this?

also.. Vista was bad.. but do you not like win7 over xp?

Mirimon
09-05-2012, 05:17 PM
Been reading through all the threads here since I joined today doesn't seem like it's just this thread and sounds like its just one guy and people should just ignore him.

indeed, it's not very productive to do it and rest assured they were reported.

thejackal
09-05-2012, 05:24 PM
lol mirimon I was referring to you an your attacks on other people posting here.

Mirimon
09-06-2012, 09:40 PM
nah, no attacks, just trying to enlighten a bit.. imagine how Galileo felt?
it's hard proving points to people who blindly believe something.. sigh..

anyways.. can't wait to get in game!

DefianceFan2012
02-10-2013, 05:43 PM
thanks MindFix for backing me up add me on Xbox xThe Gunzerkerx then we can really talk about the game in a PARTY Chat LOL

SmgUk
02-10-2013, 07:28 PM
The xbox is outselling even the wii in the UK now pretty good going.

IGears
02-10-2013, 07:47 PM
lol you arguing over consoles, all you had to say was Skyrim and it would of ended his Xbox troll. Im glad it on xbox and ps3, unlike every other MMO that is only PC only. I personally would not be able to play because of my crappy PC. Being cross platform would of been great, such a shame companies cant agree for this.