PDA

View Full Version : Quick Tool to Send WM Disconnect information to Trion

SanCarioca
06-11-2015, 02:15 PM
Kiwi is requesting from us diagnostic information that is critical to solve the Warmaster disconnecting issues that have been plaguing us for so long.

***If you have a Windows PC***, here’s a quick tool to send that information to Trion, even if you play on consoles. The ancient ones among us may recognize the following program as the lost art of “batch files”. Batch files are a set of Windows commands that you can enumerate in simple text files (with the extension .BAT). When you click on these .BAT files, they simply start executing all the commands you lined up in the file. The .BAT file belows simply enumerates commands that send the information of your connection (along with your personal information, if you decide to use it) to another text file, called TRION.TXT. So you can send TRION.TXT to Kiwibird

1. Open Notepad on your Windows PC on a blank page
2. Copy all the lines below and paste them in Notepad. I used my real data at the end of this post as an example, you will be replacing this info with your own:

cls
echo "My account on (PSN/XBOX) is (Your account name)" > trion.txt
echo "Defiance character (The name of your toon)" >> trion.txt
echo "Server (PS3/XBOX) (NA/EU)" >> trion.txt
echo "Location is (State, Country)" >> trion.txt
echo "Date format is (dd/mm/aa)" >> trion.txt
echo "All times in (Your time zone)” >> trion.txt
date /t >> trion.txt
time /t >> trion.txt
ping 208.94.27.1 >> trion.txt
tracert 208.94.27.1 >> trion.txt
notepad trion.txt

3. In Notepad, substitute vital information about yourself, presented above inside (), for your own. For example, if you are on XBOX and your username is XMan, you’d change the line "My account on (PSN/XBOX) is (Your account name)" for "My account on XBOX is XMan>", and so on;

4. All lines initiated with “echo” should be edited with your personal and local information. The lines’ contents are pretty self-explanatory, and I tried to make them as international as possible. You definitely should know in which time zone you are, for example, before editing the lines above;

5. The lines with ping and tracert contain the addresses of Trion’s Servers in the US. If you play in the EU Servers, those addresses must be changed to 193.105.173.1 and 193.105.173.1, respectively;

6. After editing all of these lines, save the file from Notepad, ***on your Windows Desktop***, as TRION.BAT. That way, it will be always quickly available to run, as soon as you login to your PC;

7. Just double click on TRION.BAT on your desktop, and all information above will be generated automatically, and should result in the file TRION.TXT, that will appear on Notepad at the end of the execution;

8. Copy and paste the contents of TRION.TXT and send them as a PM to Kiwibird, on the forums
Here’s an example of the program edited with my personal data. I am attaching my TRION.BAT file as well (as TRION.ZIP, since the forums do not alllow .BAT extensions), with this information ready to run:

cls
echo "My account on PSN is blu-san" > trion.txt
echo "Defiance character SanCarioca" >> trion.txt
echo "Server PS3 NA" >> trion.txt
echo "Location is Rio de Janeiro, Brazil" >> trion.txt
echo "Date format is dd/mm/aa" >> trion.txt
echo "All times in GMT -3:00" >> trion.txt
date /t >> trion.txt
time /t >> trion.txt
ping 208.94.27.1 >> trion.txt
tracert 208.94.27.1 >> trion.txt
notepad trion.txt

NOTICE: the program is designed to report current date and time at the moment of its execution. So it only makes sense to run this program IMMEDIATELY after you experience a hard freeze or a disconnection. Trion needs to know the state of your connection at the moment you experience the failure, it’s no use to report it later than that.

Disclaimer: this information is free to be shared and published anywhere. It’s a simple, harmless batch file that only creates a text file with information that you should have total and absolute control about. My only purpose is to share it with the community, to be used exactly in the way and form it’s described here. Let´s be clear that you can’t threaten me with anything that you decide to take from the internet and use it against myself in any way imaginable, when I’m only trying to help you – that’s your decision your risk, your responsibility. Always judge your sources before making a decision.

Hope it helps.

SaikoTeek
06-11-2015, 04:10 PM
Awesome idea and really so simplistic, its a wonder no one thought to use a bat before this.

I haven't played w them for years, but it's simple enough for most on here to understand. I'll set mine up immediately, because we really need to nail down this issue somehow.

Thanks

cmpowell
06-11-2015, 05:08 PM
Because when we had the in game ticket system thinge never got solved, he said sarcasticly, lol. They had/have the perfect way to get reports on these things. Put the in game ticket system back in the game

SanCarioca
06-11-2015, 05:52 PM
Awesome idea and really so simplistic, its a wonder no one thought to use a bat before this.

I haven't played w them for years, but it's simple enough for most on here to understand. I'll set mine up immediately, because we really need to nail down this issue somehow.

Thanks

Thanks, Saiko. That's the spirit. If everybody starts PMing Kiwibird with these reports, as she kindly asked, there's really an argument for the WM issues to be solved.

SanCarioca
06-11-2015, 09:23 PM
Here's my first report, as an example of the output generated. Don't mind the Portuguese, fellas, your report will also be in the language your copy of Windows runs:

Situation: I was in a group of 4 clannies. I tried to "Go to Friend" to a player that was outside a major arkfall, but was not part of my group. The PS3 immediately froze.

"PSN blu-san"
"Defiance character SanCarioca"
"Server PS3 NA"
"Location is Rio de Janeiro, Brazil"
"Date format is dd/mm/aa"
"All times in GMT -3:00"
12/06/2015
01:15

Disparando 208.94.27.1 com 32 bytes de dados:
Resposta de 208.94.27.1: bytes=32 tempo=171ms TTL=241
Resposta de 208.94.27.1: bytes=32 tempo=168ms TTL=241
Resposta de 208.94.27.1: bytes=32 tempo=171ms TTL=241
Resposta de 208.94.27.1: bytes=32 tempo=149ms TTL=241

Estat¡sticas do Ping para 208.94.27.1:
Pacotes: Enviados = 4, Recebidos = 4, Perdidos = 0 (0% de
perda),
Aproximar um n£mero redondo de vezes em milissegundos:
M¡nimo = 149ms, M*ximo = 171ms, M‚dia = 164ms

Rastreando a rota para dal-r11-s6501.dal.triongames.com [208.94.27.1]
com no m*ximo 30 saltos:

1 <1 ms <1 ms 2 ms 192.168.1.1
2 14 ms 13 ms 4 ms 192.168.0.1
3 16 ms 19 ms 13 ms 10.52.0.1
4 12 ms 20 ms 19 ms c9112101.virtua.com.br [201.17.33.1]
5 12 ms 12 ms 12 ms c9112281.virtua.com.br [201.17.34.129]
6 24 ms 19 ms 14 ms embratel-T0-0-0-0-uacc04.rjo.embratel.net.br [189.87.138.21]
7 17 ms 19 ms 16 ms 200.244.211.201
8 121 ms 133 ms 137 ms ebt-B12211-intl01.nyk.embratel.net.br [200.230.220.38]
9 146 ms 149 ms 149 ms GigabitEthernet2-0-0.GW2.NYC1.ALTER.NET [208.214.102.33]
10 138 ms 139 ms 139 ms comcast.com.customer.alter.net [152.179.220.126]
11 127 ms 125 ms 123 ms he-5-0-0-0-cr01.newyork.ny.ibone.comcast.net [68.86.83.89]
12 131 ms 139 ms 126 ms be-10102-cr02.ashburn.va.ibone.comcast.net [68.86.85.25]
13 156 ms 163 ms 154 ms be-10114-cr02.56marietta.ga.ibone.comcast.net [68.86.85.10]
14 160 ms 157 ms 156 ms be-11314-cr01.dallas.tx.ibone.comcast.net [68.86.85.21]
15 160 ms 160 ms 160 ms be-10-pe02.1950stemmons.tx.ibone.comcast.net [68.86.82.130]
16 162 ms 165 ms 165 ms dal-r11-s6501.dal.triongames.com [208.94.27.1]

Rastreamento conclu¡do.

pldebrook
06-12-2015, 02:15 AM
i think i know why , while being not on our own phase , and wm is made to be 24 players , when 60 player take the 4 tp , 12 at a time the game create a room n resend ppl to it but boom server timeout 2 mucn loading , you should just remove that building create a standard adv expert co op matchmaking WM - Or make it still droppable from spike but outside like any arkfall, make it more interesting and brg a 2nd WM , with a 10 min timer loot drop on ground like exped purp /oj/blue if strong enough maybe 2 wm die ^^ - STIMPACK

Thad Castle
06-12-2015, 02:28 AM
This looks better, more organized, and a little easier than the way I have been doing them. So thank you I will try to figure out how to do all this and hopefully be using it.

whit
06-12-2015, 03:29 AM
This is admirable work by the OP but I am not sure how accurate or useful the info is. For a PS3 user like the OP, he also needs to have a PC on. This is fair enough for the OP, it is his method, but not many people are likewise. If he is quick, he might get to the PC and execute the bat file within a few seconds. May seem quick enough, but on top of that is the 10+ seconds (being generous) it takes before you realise you have been disconnected. Though we don't know when the actual disconnect occurs as the PS3 is probably running a timeout. So the trace could be 15 sec old, which is a long time in the internet. Again, praise to the OP, he is only implementing what the Trion reps have asked him to do.

There is no doubt that some people have internet problems during WM, but I believe that the majority of WM disconnects are not primarily a network problem. My own experience of WM disconnects (on PS3) is that if I join WM soon after starting the game my chances of getting inside are very high. However, if I have been playing for more than half an hour my chance of disconnect becomes very likely, more than a hour, a certainty. There seems to be some build up of crap either on the PS3 or server that results in the disconnects. The same applies to the Cronkhite coop map.

The simple advice is that if you know you are going to join WM (as opposed to being invited), and you have been logged on a while, restart the game first.

SaikoTeek
06-12-2015, 03:58 AM
Restarting before any major task like wm, coop or expid, to clear away the "crap buildup" always is the best option. I can usually get into am 99% of the time that way. Unfortunately, the chance of getting thrown into another shard and not having it there when you return isn't worth the risk if you don't use the buddy system to to to.

While I agree that the bat system isn't perfect, it is something.

If theee were a way to "clear cache" for a console before entering things, I bet it would cut down disconnects dramatically. I'm no coder, so I can't find the right words, but that seems like where our console issues are stemming from.

Dravens
06-12-2015, 06:00 AM
Good job on this SanCarioca. I play on console, but I have my laptop next to me, so this will be of use.

I'd like to see Kiwi weigh in on this, so that perhaps we can agree to a standard subject line when sending her the data via PM to make it easier to sort the info. Just a thought...

Sliverbaer
06-12-2015, 08:33 AM
Don't forget pathping. Also the old Latency thread from when people were running in place. Latency Update and Feedback Request (http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?172888-Latency-Update-and-Feedback-Request)

c:\> pathping 208.94.26.3 > pathping.log

SanCarioca
06-12-2015, 11:24 AM
This looks better, more organized, and a little easier than the way I have been doing them. So thank you I will try to figure out how to do all this and hopefully be using it.

I'm willing to help anyone that tries to use the .BAT. For example, you could just save the .zip file on your desktop, unpack it, then edit it with your personal data. Perhaps that's easier than following the post.

SanCarioca
06-12-2015, 11:31 AM
This is admirable work by the OP but I am not sure how accurate or useful the info is. For a PS3 user like the OP, he also needs to have a PC on. This is fair enough for the OP, it is his method, but not many people are likewise.

You're absolutely right. This method works best if you have a PC by your side at the moment of the disconnection.

If he is quick, he might get to the PC and execute the bat file within a few seconds. May seem quick enough, but on top of that is the 10+ seconds (being generous) it takes before you realise you have been disconnected. Though we don't know when the actual disconnect occurs as the PS3 is probably running a timeout. So the trace could be 15 sec old, which is a long time in the internet. Again, praise to the OP, he is only implementing what the Trion reps have asked him to do.

Also well noted, I'm aware of that. Let's say we're following the rules we were given, here. Of course, if Trion asks for a diagnostic that can only be sent from a computer, that's what we have to do, even if we don't find it perfect.

There is no doubt that some people have internet problems during WM, but I believe that the majority of WM disconnects are not primarily a network problem. My own experience of WM disconnects (on PS3) is that if I join WM soon after starting the game my chances of getting inside are very high. However, if I have been playing for more than half an hour my chance of disconnect becomes very likely, more than a hour, a certainty. There seems to be some build up of crap either on the PS3 or server that results in the disconnects. The same applies to the Cronkhite coop map.

The simple advice is that if you know you are going to join WM (as opposed to being invited), and you have been logged on a while, restart the game first.

I agree with you. But I've learned to work with what is given to me. Trion and Kiwi made a stand saying they need these reports. Let's think they may be useful, at least, to convince them the problem is NOT network-related, if everyone keeps sending them.

The ideal situation here? We'd need to have a "submit network report" button directly on our game interface, preferrably, right on the disconnect window message. That way, the report could be sent easily and quickly without all of these steps. Better yet: you'd check "Allow diagnostics" on your game settings, and Trion would do that automatically for you.

SanCarioca
06-12-2015, 10:49 PM
Friday night. In just one hour, I had 1 hard freeze and 2 disconnects, all of them during WarMaster.

All reports sent to Trion. Clearly, this Volge does not like me.

Thad Castle
06-13-2015, 01:49 AM
I'm willing to help anyone that tries to use the .BAT. For example, you could just save the .zip file on your desktop, unpack it, then edit it with your personal data. Perhaps that's easier than following the post.

Thank you, I'm good though I got it all set up. It was really easy

SanCarioca
06-15-2015, 02:20 PM
Just a follow-up to this thread, in this whole weekend, I was able to complete only one WM run.

There was one occasion where I was actually chatting with Markeen about this issue, inside an Warmaster, and my PS3 froze. Out of the blue. Kapluft.

I hope the reports I've sent help track this issue. It's been on for weeks, now.

CM Kiwibird
06-17-2015, 03:45 PM
Hey there folks! First of all, thank you so much for the reports! SanCarioca, Kylae, Thad Castle, Dravens, you have been sending me excellent tracert results.

I hope the reports I've sent help track this issue. It's been on for weeks, now.

This was discussed with the Defiance team and while we do need additional reports, we now have enough reports for freezes. We have some changes in store that may help with the freezes players have been encountering, but these changes will need to be implemented with the next client patch. The date for the next client patch isn't pinned down quite yet, but we'll keep you posted. After this patch goes out, we will need your feedback on the results.

What we're looking for in future reports are disconnects from the Warmaster. If you're on any platform and you're seeing a disconnect or critical error when attempting to participate in the Warmaster, please send me your tracert results. If you follow this format, it will be easier to read your reports.

Situation: Describe what you were doing prior to the disconnect. Were you entering the arkfall? Leaving? Mid-fight? That's important information.
Time: Date, time, timezone
Character Information: Character@Platform-Region

Below this information, please include your tracert information for review.

http://i.imgur.com/7ORvACq.gif

Appreciate it, all!

SanCarioca
06-17-2015, 06:00 PM
Hey there folks! First of all, thank you so much for the reports! SanCarioca, Kylae, Thad Castle, Dravens, you have been sending me excellent tracert results.

This was discussed with the Defiance team and while we do need additional reports, we now have enough reports for freezes. We have some changes in store that may help with the freezes players have been encountering, but these changes will need to be implemented with the next client patch. The date for the next client patch isn't pinned down quite yet, but we'll keep you posted. After this patch goes out, we will need your feedback on the results.

Kiwi,

I'm very glad we could help you. Who would thought the bit store was somehow connected to hard freezes?

This is something that puzzles developers and Q&A guys all the time. Whenever you look up a bug, the prime suspect is always the last change made to the code... however, we tend to think bugs are related to the changes we made regarding the issues presented. No. Bugs are evil, tiny little gremlins, that infect a wild region of memory all the way across another portion of the code, where you supposedly only made a small cosmetic change, and later, you discover you changed the color of that object to "impossible".

Most of all, thank you guys for the feedback about this thread. As many people pointed out, sending these reports is hard work. When it effect changes, we fell it was worth it.

What we're looking for in future reports are disconnects from the Warmaster. If you're on any platform and you're seeing a disconnect or critical error when attempting to participate in the Warmaster, please send me your tracert results. If you follow this format, it will be easier to read your reports.

Situation: Describe what you were doing prior to the disconnect. Were you entering the arkfall? Leaving? Mid-fight? That's important information.
Time: Date, time, timezone
Character Information: Character@Platform-Region

Below this information, please include your tracert information for review.

Appreciate it, all!

At this point, I would like to reinforce that the tool at the beginning of this thread makes the above job easier.

Again, Kiwi, thanks, and please, if possible, make the Dev team know I fully understand how hard it was to find that impossible "connection" between unrelated areas of the code.

Kylae
06-18-2015, 02:43 PM
Glad to help ��

CM Kiwibird
06-18-2015, 02:45 PM
Who would thought the bit store was somehow connected

I was really puzzled about how you came to the conclusion that this was related to the bit store until I looked up and saw that I said we had changes in store that may help. By changes in store, I mean that we have some changes that are coming, but are not here yet. They'll arrive with the client patch.

Sorry for the confusion!

SanCarioca
06-18-2015, 03:20 PM
I was really puzzled about how you came to the conclusion that this was related to the bit store until I looked up and saw that I said we had changes in store that may help. By changes in store, I mean that we have some changes that are coming, but are not here yet. They'll arrive with the client patch.

Sorry for the confusion!

Wow, this went right over my head. What a mess. Of course, I'm the one that should apologize. I´m sorry!

CM Kiwibird
06-18-2015, 03:32 PM
No apologies needed, SanCarioca! :)