PDA

View Full Version : Did grenades ever get any stronger?

Escyos
06-14-2015, 12:57 AM
Seems like grenades are kind of useless now. My hatchling grenades barely dent even a single mutant's health, they barely stun the guy. So did I miss something or are they just not going to do anything about them?

Also didn't they say that we were going to get bigger stacks on the grenades? I'd like to hold more than 5 at a time, doesn't have to be an infinite supply (like the good old days) but maybe each rarity upgrade of a grenade could add another 5 to the stack so a legendary could hold 25 instead of 5.

SirServed
06-14-2015, 01:40 AM
I recently submitted a report about parasite damage from Infectors not working properly. Hopefully when one gets fixed the other will also, since they did both break in the same patch.

You get bigger stacks on your grenades from the Patron Boost and the Bit Store Consumable Boost. They worded it in one manner and delivered it in another, I'm used to it at this point.

Telemachus
06-14-2015, 02:52 AM
I'm just so glad that I have all those great unbelievable fantastically worthless crap x2 or x10 whatever damage from the next grenade or is was it the first grenade ... wait the second to last grenade... was it the middle grenade ? bonuses on otherwise good weapons.

Well if that bonus wasn't in the game, I'd have to just quit and walk into the ocean, or possibly I'd be happy or something like that.

stefb42
06-14-2015, 03:34 AM
Just like to point out that the 'bigger stack' from patron pass is 1 extra grenade so 6 instead of 5, of course you can buy an extra boost for even more (believe it might be double) but like all boosts its on a crappy timer so you'd likely run out of money before too long

SirServed
06-14-2015, 03:36 AM
That's why I said it was worded in one manner and delivered in another. 6 is greater than 5, so technically they delivered.

Duke_Shambles
06-14-2015, 03:59 AM
Hatchlings are definitely bugged, but the rest of my 'nades seem useful enough.

EvilAg3nt
06-14-2015, 06:18 AM
shameless insert for rocket launcher question same thoughts tho.

literally,i have sold/crushed every 1 i had except my swimming swan and precise chaos.

is there Any rocket launchers that actually Kill stuff in this game that isnt a special weapons/pick up weapon??
like,i can 1 shot the volge w their special rl,but nothing else i have dents them....

kinda crazy when im capping fools in the head and they shrug it off and then one shot me....

PithHelmetIrath
06-14-2015, 06:34 AM
From what I have noticed, hatchling and shrill grenades are worthless.. as far as damage is concerned.

SirServed
06-14-2015, 02:34 PM
From what I have noticed, hatchling and shrill grenades are worthless.. as far as damage is concerned.
In that case, so are Flashbangs and Bio. Shrill are utility grenades, meant to grant a benefit in combat instead of an immediate damage effect. Unless you're doing PvP, utility grenades are 1000 times more useful than Frag and Cluster.

stefb42
06-14-2015, 03:39 PM
That's why I said it was worded in one manner and delivered in another. 6 is greater than 5, so technically they delivered.

Was just pointing out it was 1 grenade, the comment wasn't aimed at you but rather the OP who was talking about stacks of 20-25, didn't want them getting the impression pp status was going to boost them anywhere near what they're talking about

Smokey Black
06-14-2015, 05:10 PM
In that case, so are Flashbangs and Bio. Shrill are utility grenades, meant to grant a benefit in combat instead of an immediate damage effect. Unless you're doing PvP, utility grenades are 1000 times more useful than Frag and Cluster.

Flash bangs and bio are the best in the game even though they hardly do damage. Pyro will put a good sized dent in the health of a viscera.

Lamar Kendrick
06-14-2015, 06:59 PM
i love using frag nades on people who camps in pvp

as for hatchlings, it used to be good for pvp but now it's just sitting in 2 of my toons doing nothing, just collecting dust

i hope this gets fixed soon