PDA

View Full Version : Questions? Concerns? This is your thread!

CM Kiwibird
06-15-2015, 07:09 PM
Hey there all,

This is the question collection thread for this week's Defiance Developer Q&A. If you'd like to add your question in or you have any concerns, this is your thread! Questions will be drawn on Wednesday and the thread will be closed after the questions have been drawn to prevent confusion.

If you're new to Q&As, here are the latest editions!
June 15
(forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?217552-Defiance-Developer-Q-amp-A-June-15)June 5 (http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?216706-Defiance-Developer-Q-amp-A-June-5)

Thanks all!

Yun
06-15-2015, 07:31 PM
Will the Omec appear at some point in the game as a cross-over?
Is there any chance of Bay Area Ark Hunters getting their hands on Omec tech/armor?

Yendol05
06-15-2015, 11:31 PM
What's the issue with the constant hard freezing? Had game hard freeze 5 times in 45 minutes of gameplay...

Claydough
06-16-2015, 12:34 AM
any updates on adding old lockbox outfits?

i was thinking about the addition of a bit store box that contained some (all?) of these outfits that drop randomly.
no guns or weapons, just a box for outfits.
i feel this would be fair to the people that already spent the huge amount of money obtaining the rare outfits.

Midnight
06-16-2015, 12:45 AM
Are you going to be able to handle all these questions?
Any season three missions coming soon?
Any words on the next event?

Octo
06-16-2015, 12:56 AM
Quote from the last Q&A :

Have the rewards for expeditions been examined?

As discussed during our most recent livestream, we’re going to have Rashere make a pass at adding some additional loot at higher levels.

I'm very curious. What is a "high level" ?
High round ? High tier ? Both ?
The rewards are supposed to be progressive but for me they are still pretty much random - more purples on higher rounds but nothing really exciting. So I was wondering, do we need to reach like round 50 tier 280 to get something nice ? :D

- The clan list is still very short, the friendlist is still bugged and the chat is still weird sometimes. Are there any plans to fix them ?

- Do you guys plan on making a Defiance Radio ? The TV Show has one but the Bay is still really quiet !
And I'm really tired of Youtube and the weird random playlists o:

Mister Derpenhowser
06-16-2015, 01:02 AM
Are you going to be able to handle all these questions?
Any season three missions coming soon?
Any words on the next event?

Most likely not.
They said season 3 content will be a month behind the show.
The word fireworks has been dropped a few times so most likely July 4th, or after season 3.

rosco raptor
06-16-2015, 02:05 AM
Why are you worried about farming instead of other issues in the game

StraightUpRev
06-16-2015, 02:46 AM
Can you make the Corporate Espionage Box outfits (once pulled from the boxes of course) made where all our characters have the ability to wear it?
1 Million scrip is a pretty big amount to spend to get an outfit available to only one character

GahdolfMiLahwn
06-16-2015, 02:47 AM
PvPPE: I am looking forward to eventually being able to interact with the Purple People Eaters (omec) in the game.

And by "interact" I mean "shoot in the face"

And why are all the mutants/raiders/99'ers of the same race and species? Re-skin a few of those bad boys.

Mister Derpenhowser
06-16-2015, 03:08 AM
PvPPE: I am looking forward to eventually being able to interact with the Purple People Eaters (omec) in the game.

And by "interact" I mean "shoot in the face"

And why are all the mutants/raiders/99'ers of the same race and species? Re-skin a few of those bad boys.

You for real?

99ers faces are hidden and they're all cyborgs. Nothing to change.

Mutants are all humans that want to kill aliens, cant be another race.

Raiders are probably the only ones who could be multiple races but why bother? Bigger fish to fry than reskinning junkies.

WhiteKnight019
06-16-2015, 03:37 AM
I don't know why I bother because I'll either get shot down, not answered, or some passive answer that doesn't explain anything, or a "we're working on it" answer.

What incentive are there for players to return to old content if all the contracts are for expeditions? I know your trying to "sell" expeditions but if that is all we are doing, then why do old content anymore.

Are there going to be any "new" arkfalls or are there only going to be just expeditions now?

I would ask for some new enemy types in the world, but they'll just be thrown into expeditions.

What plans for the future (other than immediate) is Trion planning for? The best situation I could see ya'll doing is to stop last Gen Defiance at season 3 or 4 and start new gen Defiance at season 5. I know this could upset people, but old tech is outdated and the average consumer looks for new tech to sink their teeth into. What type of business model do ya'll have to keep supporting outdated tech. Defiance could look and so much more on next gen platforms. I'm sure the PC people would love a "New" Defiance on next gen platforms.

One final question, are ya'll hiring for positions? voice actors? story writers? etc?

dreadi
06-16-2015, 03:52 AM
http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?217555-Is-Defiance-going-to-be-available-on-Xbox-One
I'd like an answer to this question please....

Bentu
06-16-2015, 03:58 AM
The game needs new large events, the holiday events and the recent deathmarches have shown this.

Are there any plans to introduce new large in game activities/events. Content.

YahootsMagoondi
06-16-2015, 08:23 AM
would it be possible to get the preparedness perk and on reload cooldowns reverted to their original states since it is no longer possible to have a 0.00 reload weapon?

WhiteKnight019
06-16-2015, 08:25 AM
http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?217555-Is-Defiance-going-to-be-available-on-Xbox-One
I'd like an answer to this question please....

I'm not talking about putting Defiance on xbox one, I'm talking about making a sequel with better.... well MMO elements. you know crafting and jobs and things like that. plus less lag. Anyways, if Defiance is one of the xbox 360 backwards compatible games, then you can play DEFIANCE ON XBOX ONE.... even though it doesn't take away the hang ups the game has.

Xbox 360/Xbox One backwards compatibility (http://news.xbox.com/2015/06/xbox-microsoft-unleashes-xbox-one-backward-compatibility-game-streaming-in-preview)

I'm talking about the fact that Defiance is old outdated tech. When can we see a sequel.

David Irwin
06-16-2015, 08:59 AM
Glitchiness is becoming a huge problem recent patches . new patches only ever seem to make the game run worse... enemies that constantly stutter around (in one split second they are here and then they flash a feet one way and in and instant back) sometime my player flashes around in the same way. I'm seeing and increased number of enemies stuck inside of things or the ground. menu's ,display's, vendors taking minutes to load ( moving miles across the map with no hud, no access to any menu function ) hard freezes ( WHICH ARE VERY BIG PROBLEM SINCE THEY CAN DAMAGE YOUR CONSOLE BECAUSE OF FORCED SHUT DOWNS) more patches keeping getting piled on but none of it seems to work correctly together. I'm in no hurry to run expeditions if I am expecting my system to freeze. at a warmaster last night I think just about everyone who tried to enter got kicked ( outside the ark I'm sure there was more than 20 players, actually made it into the arkfall, about 7). there is so many patched stacked on patches my system is confused and often loads saying patch 3.013 and then the next time its says 3.011, to me this makes no sense. this is suppose to be a social game and I find myself running off to isolated places to play alone in the hope it will actually work. since I started playing in oct I'm confident it is about the buggiest I have ever seen. And there is not even that many people playing at once these days. when the next holiday even comes its going to be a real s*** show cause the server will actually busy. then what?

Ray8888
06-16-2015, 09:14 AM
Did I miss something? What happened to last week's questions?

CM Kiwibird
06-16-2015, 09:17 AM
Did I miss something? What happened to last week's questions?

Those are right here. (http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?217552-Defiance-Developer-Q-amp-A-June-15) :o

Trick83
06-16-2015, 09:37 AM
would it be possible to get the preparedness perk and on reload cooldowns reverted to their original states since it is no longer possible to have a 0.00 reload weapon?

^^^ This ^^^

DEATHBRINGER210
06-16-2015, 10:28 AM
when is the radar , mini map getting fixed?

DEATHBRINGER210
06-16-2015, 10:32 AM
when is chip pulling going to work?

DEATHBRINGER210
06-16-2015, 10:34 AM
dont yall think you should have put a limit to how many of the same type of chips you can put on a cyber rig?

EvilAg3nt
06-16-2015, 10:36 AM
Hellbug Hunt/the Expos

can you Address the Fact that the Hellion boss can shoot THRU EVERYTHING,walls,boxes Trucks Etc etc and hit you Repeatedly over and over again in Seconds.
thanks btw for that nonfunctional 5 second respawn,that is Worthless because you are getting Hit so fast you Cant run and get a better Position!!!!
i have Never said wtf so many times in my life.
the devs should be forced to go play this section for a Full day,i BET it would get fixed asap.

recap.
the hellions aim can hit you even if youve dodged = bs
can hit you thru Anything = bs
can hit you Repeatedly in a span of seconds = bs
can fly thru anything = bs
can knock you into the water and you get Instant extracted even if you have a revive,doesnt matter = BS!!!

i was so mad yesterday i didnt make a video,but i will next time the hellion is the boss fight.
not that it seems to matter,as my other videos they werent interested in either,showing Disconnects.
wondering if theres really going to be some progress here,otherwise,please dont pee on my foot and tell me its raining.....

Holy Bahamut3
06-16-2015, 10:41 AM
Any plans to add content to the DLC's or their vendors?

KILLSHOT707
06-16-2015, 10:43 AM
When will there be a real incentive for people to get on PTS. I don't think a title will be enough. One of the biggest problems is very few people are on PTS. Just look at every patch that has gone live. There are also problems that can not be detected with so few people on there. Doing this could save a lot of time,money and lost players.
When deciding a reward it was said a title in the past. I don't think that will do it. Maybe 1$ per hour in the bit store credit. 40 hr per month = 500 forge. 40 hr per month = 1600 bits. 40 hr per month = 30 patron pass. One of these and after 100 hours or 3 months and cool title,outfit and truck (Nomad black/blue flames). That is what it will take to get people on there. So please fix the ghost town called PTS.

Holy Bahamut3
06-16-2015, 10:51 AM
When will there be a real incentive for people to get on PTS. I don't think a title will be enough. One of the biggest problems is very few people are on PTS. Just look at every patch that has gone live. There are also problems that can not be detected with so few people on there. Doing this could save a lot of time,money and lost players.
When deciding a reward it was said a title in the past. I don't think that will do it. Maybe 1$ per hour in the bit store credit. 40 hr per month = 500 forge. 40 hr per month = 1600 bits. 40 hr per month = 30 patron pass. One of these and after 100 hours or 3 months and cool title,outfit and truck (Nomad black/blue flames). That is what it will take to get people on there. So please fix the ghost town called PTS.

Not a bad idea, but I doubt they would go for it.

KILLSHOT707
06-16-2015, 10:56 AM
Not a bad idea, but I doubt they would go for it.

I know, but I dream of playing in a world with working updates and patches.

EvilAg3nt
06-16-2015, 11:00 AM
that reminds me,
Props to you guys n gals that do work on the pts server,TY for your efforts.

Fallen_Aingeal
06-16-2015, 12:41 PM
What, if anything, are you planning or implementing for player retention?

I only ask because WM is still broken and getting rather boring. Expeditions are a cruel money grubbing mess that are also, yeah you know, broken.

The team has all but forgotten about pvp even if they claim not to.

I log in for less than 2 hours at a time now. I can't justify spending money in game that is losing my interest and is still riddled with issues over 2 yrs. old.

What is the plan?

DEATHBRINGER210
06-16-2015, 01:22 PM
do any of the devs pvp? and if so who is the best ?

DEATHBRINGER210
06-16-2015, 01:26 PM
when all yall going to increase the rewards drops? right now the reward drops are trash , scrip ,forge ,salvage etc. the game does not give enough forge to maintain weapons ego lvls . and can yall bring bring back the woot loot

VesperLynd
06-16-2015, 02:15 PM
http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?170929-An-update-on-the-recent-reward-changes

So many questions to be made from this thread... The rewards were never looked at again. Major arkfalls, for example, are a complete waste of time for the "rewards". Yes the rewards were too high before, but now they are too low. Players like to play the game to earn resources, not use real money to buy them from the bit store. Plan on balancing this out anytime soon? It's been 10 months. At least lower the cost of re-rolling a mastery bonus.

When will the faction vendors be addressed? They need some love. I know gunslinger is tied to vbi, but is there anyway to separate them and use the gunslinger arenas to earn rep? Similar to thorn liro? Let's face it, the gunslinger arenas and thorn liro arenas could have a purpose in this game other than finishing the pursuits then forgetting about them.

I just want to see stuff fixed and balanced. I have enjoyed this game for a long time. There have been changes I agreed with and ones I have not agreed with. If you do not choose to answer my questions, at least "man up" and answer some questions that a majority of players have issues with.

SirServed
06-16-2015, 02:16 PM
What, if anything, are you planning or implementing for player retention?

I only ask because WM is still broken and getting rather boring. Expeditions are a cruel money grubbing mess that are also, yeah you know, broken.

The team has all but forgotten about pvp even if they claim not to.

I log in for less than 2 hours at a time now. I can't justify spending money in game that is losing my interest and is still riddled with issues over 2 yrs. old.

What is the plan?
WM is boring as hell. After 18 months, people complaining at me for killing the Viscera and breaking the locks is more entertaining.

Believe it or not, the PvP population in this game is a minority and balance is pretty much impossible unless you're ready to see standardized gear sets.

Dixie Cougar
06-16-2015, 02:19 PM
WM is boring as hell. After 18 months, people complaining at me for killing the Viscera and breaking the locks is more entertaining.

Believe it or not, the PvP population in this game is a minority and balance is pretty much impossible unless you're ready to see standardized gear sets.

Regarding WM: The best part is after 2 months of you guys shooting the visc/locks and then killing the boss, people still panic and rage.

PvP needs to (in order of importance):

1. NOT be mandatory for basic pve leveling
2. Give better rewards
3. Have more maps

VesperLynd
06-16-2015, 02:21 PM
One more question... we were asked for our feedback concerning synergy ideas, will any of these make it into the game? Not the bit store. We didn't charge you for our ideas, I'm just saying... ��

SanCarioca
06-16-2015, 07:44 PM
I claim to myself the title of the worst PvP player in Defiance.

I am a one-man Suicide Squad.

People playing Candy Crush kill me in PvP.

People using the blind color scheme kill me in PvP.

Iīm pretty sure I have already been killed while I was offline.

Flags capture *me*.

I have been making veteran PvP players happy whenever I pop up.

I was born to die in PvP.

So, can you please Ė PLEASE -- make PVP not a required path to reach 6000 EGO, by giving us other pursuits?

And I donít mean like now that, every now and then, you launch a new pursuit where you must run a bazzilion maps to getÖ 5 EGO (Expedition pursuits, for example). I mean, give us other pursuits for completing cooperative maps that are abandoned (starting at Into the Depths), for finding hidden hellbugs in the world, for completing scavenger hunts (bring back the reindeers, I donít care if itís not December), I mean: make pursuits that are hard but also FUN to complete. I could bear the "5000 kills" pursuits, because they were part of the actual, daily, gameplay.

To make myself perfectly clear: people who have earned their pursuits on PvP deserve that honor, and all the special rewards and outfits conquered that way. I just want to reach 6000 EGO, and I started playing Defiance because it was a mostly cooperative game (and still is). I suck at PvP (and I recognized that in the beginning of this post) and Defiance was sold to me as an MMO -- so I donít think itís really fair that you make me having to enjoy PvP, when my purpose is simply to reach one of the endgame contents by doing MMO stuff.

Can you understand that PvP is a game mode that some people love, but others can't stand it? I don't have anything against PvP, I just don't enjoy playing it.

I know you can argue with me whether PvP is or isn't endgame/MMO content... I'm asking to not do that, and instead, listen to the hundreds of people (seriously) that I have already seen complaining about this exact same issue, in more than an year that I have been reading the forums.

Please, give us an alternative path to 6000. Thanks for listening.

Derailer
06-16-2015, 08:04 PM
Is there a timetable for fixing the keystone chips on consoles?

Getting an OJ rig is pretty much the point of doing expeditions and the biggest benefit of having an OJ rig is getting to finally place a keystone chip for a nice ego power bonus. As of right now many of the chips either have no effect or possibly even a negative effect on the ego powers.

Fallen_Aingeal
06-16-2015, 08:16 PM
Taken from the June 15th Q&A:

9. Can VBI expedition contracts be removed? VBI expedition contracts are hindering my ability to buy Gunslinger crates.
Expedition contracts will remain on VBI, though we may do some tweaking on them so you won’t have to kill a specific boss in the future. We have also added additional contracts to the Patron Pass.

What is the justification in blocking content of what I have already paid for {Gunslinger DLC} behind new pay to play content?

Wouldn't it make more sense to separate Gunslinger from VBI {similar to Thorn Liro} so that I can enjoy the DLC I already paid for?

crasher
06-16-2015, 08:57 PM
Are you ever going to bring back the Arkfall series's's around Verdant Ridge and Seascape Farms.

Calling down Arkbreaks are swell and all, but those arkfalls were a place for a lot of players to meet other players for the first time, and get the hang of the game.

Kylae
06-17-2015, 02:57 AM
http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?170929-An-update-on-the-recent-reward-changes

So many questions to be made from this thread... The rewards were never looked at again. Major arkfalls, for example, are a complete waste of time for the "rewards". Yes the rewards were too high before, but now they are too low. Players like to play the game to earn resources, not use real money to buy them from the bit store. Plan on balancing this out anytime soon? It's been 10 months. At least lower the cost of re-rolling a mastery bonus.

When will the faction vendors be addressed? They need some love. I know gunslinger is tied to vbi, but is there anyway to separate them and use the gunslinger arenas to earn rep? Similar to thorn liro? Let's face it, the gunslinger arenas and thorn liro arenas could have a purpose in this game other than finishing the pursuits then forgetting about them.

I just want to see stuff fixed and balanced. I have enjoyed this game for a long time. There have been changes I agreed with and ones I have not agreed with. If you do not choose to answer my questions, at least "man up" and answer some questions that a majority of players have issues with.

Agreed arkfalls are pointless except for the pve ego pursuits. The drops are horrible and not worth my time.

I would love to see gunslinger seperated from VBI as well.

GahdolfMiLahwn
06-17-2015, 03:27 AM
You for real?
Bigger fish to fry than reskinning junkies.

Just feeding them a simple answer to the original question. (When will we see the Purple People Eaters)

And Trion's artists aren't coders, and aren't used to fix the many underling issues in this game. We've seen that from other answers before that.

tpollett
06-17-2015, 05:24 AM
1. Why is rate of fire tied to frame rate? I can't use many of the machine guns effectively because I lose too much dps when, for example, my 32.5 fire rate needler goes to 19 fire rate whenever an enemy is on screen.

2. Why are so many of the weapon masteries just so terrible (increased damage on last round in clip is especially terrible for any machine gun with the possible except of the volge battle rifle; which is just a terrible weapon to begin with so this doesn't really help)? Especially when there is another mastery which does the exact same thing only better? Like 10% Crit to out of combat targets and just a straight X1.10 crit multiplier. Also; why the difference is wording? X1.10 crit multiplier and 10% crit multiplier ought to be the same thing but they use different wording. Is it just a matter of wording or are they actually different effects?

3. Why do enemies in expeditions start resisting nano effects to the point where a bio grenade will apply a DoT effect and the enemy will have the visual effect of bio yet will not be slowed nor is there any increase in the damage I'm dealing to their armor. This typically starts at round 3, seemingly regardless of tier, and by round 5 my flash bang grenades are completely worthless and all my bio grenades are good for is stopping the electric conqueror from regenerating his shield during the 1.8 seconds it takes to reload my weapon; which doesn't proc the radiation DoT it should after round 5 either, I might add. Makes soloing past tier 31-32 incredibly tedious.

4. What's up with weapon mastery RNG? I've now spent 1800 atk forge trying master a single wespon with something I want. I continually get crit to out of combat targets, ego duration on critical kill, extra damage on last shot of clip and extra damage on next shot after kill. I've seen each of these a minimum of 4 times on this weapon. In fact the only things I've seen other than these four are recoil once, damage from above once, mag once and reload once (possibly twice on the reload; but I think that was a different gun I remastered recently). Yes I'm picky on my mastery bonus and I don't mind having to remaster a good weapon 7-10 times to get what I want. But 25 times is a bit excessive at 75 ark forge each time.

5. Why are some conflict sites reaching TL 10 with two players whose combined EGO is less than 9k when other sites are TL 5-6 with combined EGO's of 15k? It would be really nice if the scaling was standardized across all open world conflict sites. Or even if the individual sub areas were standardized (Mt. Tam, Madera etc).

TNO
06-17-2015, 07:38 AM
What is the justification in blocking content of what I have already paid for {Gunslinger DLC} behind new pay to play content?

This exactly. I wonder if this practice is even legal.

Mister Derpenhowser
06-17-2015, 07:53 AM
Just feeding them a simple answer to the original question. (When will we see the Purple People Eaters)

And Trion's artists aren't coders, and aren't used to fix the many underling issues in this game. We've seen that from other answers before that.

And my reply answers your question completely, you went through the trouble of snipping the quote so you must have read it. Also if you watched the show you would see that the omec have their own agenda and wouldn't be seen running around with what they count as food supply.

To further add, I have played since 30th October last year and in that entire time I have seen 1 new enemy type, the grid thing I never see anywhere, other than that its just resized old enemies with new weapons for expos, so don't get your hopes up.

clay marrow
06-17-2015, 08:15 AM
How on earth can you justify fixing a farming spot over fixing any of the broken game play?

Dslice
06-17-2015, 08:33 AM
Will ever see any new permanent (not temporary holiday event) arkfalls in game?

c_e_r_u_l_e_a_n
06-17-2015, 09:17 AM
Obviously I would like the disconnects/timeouts to be addressed like many have posted previously.

On another note, any word on the roaming Warmaster? That would be pretty sweet.

Zippy McPinhead
06-17-2015, 09:20 AM
so don't get your hopes up.

Words to live by when playing Defiance.

Midnight
06-17-2015, 09:45 AM
How on earth can you justify fixing a farming spot over fixing any of the broken game play?

This...again

crasher
06-17-2015, 10:04 AM
Because 'Grenades'.

Sliverbaer
06-17-2015, 11:36 AM
Any plans on dropping consoles?

Any plans on pushing regular weekly updates to PC before the console 'two-weeks'?

How about those high-res textures for PC?

Still no screenshot function eh?

Gunslinger faction should be gained by running gunslinger areas, not restarting the radio again.

Any chance of adding a little icon on the HUD with how many Reqs we currently have? Cause you can't check when you're crawling around.

SirServed
06-17-2015, 07:21 PM
Will vehicles as a whole see any love soon? It's rather silly that the Durango has more than 5 times the health of the next highest vehicle and gets to be the fastest in the game.

mr8liner
06-17-2015, 07:24 PM
Should I make potato pancakes, or a meatloaf this weekend?

Tex_Arcana
06-17-2015, 07:28 PM
Seriously:
http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?217394-Seriously-Trion-Fix-your-darned-game.

CM Kiwibird
06-17-2015, 07:29 PM
Hey there folks, questions have been pulled. :)