PDA

View Full Version : constant hard freeze since patch deploy

Lamar Kendrick
06-19-2015, 06:57 AM
ever since the 3.014 patch my game keeps on experiencing more game freezes than usual. probably around 50 or so and today i hard froze 4 times in the past 2 hours. anyone else having the same issues?

Dark Book
06-19-2015, 07:50 AM
Yes i also have had a lot of hard freezing since last patch . i am also on ps3 na .

Ryu Soba JP
06-19-2015, 07:50 AM
I hard froze twice yesterday and it was in expeditions.
On my low ego toon I hard freeze or crit out any time I navigate in the loadout screen.
Still haven't got any help with that.

hutchy82
06-19-2015, 08:05 AM
Yea I am getting loads too on xbox eu

David Irwin
06-19-2015, 08:26 AM
my clan mates and I have been mostly unable to work together, cause group up and one of us is going to lock up, cant work together when some one is always having to restart.

richardkrainium
06-19-2015, 08:29 AM
its happening alot on 360 as well

SaikoTeek
06-19-2015, 09:03 AM
I hard freeze on my ps3 quite a bit more since the patch. Yesterday, I couldn't even get through 2 matches of PvP wo freezing. Twice in 10 minutes.

There are numerous times I'm just squatting at op reading chat and my system will lock up. It's getting old quick.

CM Kiwibird
06-19-2015, 09:14 AM
Hey there folks, I see that several of you are reporting this. If anyone else you know is seeing increases, please make sure to have them post in this thread.

Keziah
06-19-2015, 09:19 AM
ever since the 3.014 patch my game keeps on experiencing more game freezes than usual. probably around 50 or so and today i hard froze 4 times in the past 2 hours. anyone else having the same issues? I've been having hard freezes more. I think it happened to me five times in one day.

my clan mates and I have been mostly unable to work together, cause group up and one of us is going to lock up, cant work together when some one is always having to restart.
Yeah, I've noticed there's always people getting hard froze or dcd more in the last couple of days. As you said, it's really hard to do anything with our clan mates now.

David Irwin
06-19-2015, 09:25 AM
its seems to me that almost everyone ( on ps3 where I play anyway) is affected, constantly see people in chat complaining. but most people don't have the patience or ambition to come on here to complain about it. Believe those who have posted so far, the problem is large and very wide spread. My clan mates on a few occasion have been trying to run expeditions with no success due to freezes. People only try and fail so many times before they stop trying.

clay marrow
06-19-2015, 09:26 AM
I am also now hard freezing a couple of times a day since the last patch... This never happened to me before and never happens with other games.....

riverat
06-19-2015, 09:34 AM
yes i had one earler as we ll

Johnny Stranger
06-19-2015, 09:37 AM
happening to me pon ps3 na , way more frequently since last patch, what, 2 weeks ago ?

Ray8888
06-19-2015, 09:41 AM
Two things will happen if I join a Warmaster anymore...
1) I freeze or disconnect or
B) There's three people there and we lose

Also freezing in most coops ( before is was just Scrapyard that was a struggle) and still randomly when just scrolling in inventory.

CM Kiwibird
06-19-2015, 10:05 AM
Two things will happen if I join a Warmaster anymore...
1) I freeze or disconnect or

I'm good on Warmaster freeze reports, but I still need more tracert results for disconnects involving the Warmaster. If you want to add your reports in, make sure to PM them to me with the time/timezone, date, and situation. Appreciate it.

Grandpa Ace
06-19-2015, 10:39 AM
I reported this and this is what I got---"First you’ll want to make sure that the proper ports for Defiance are opened to both incoming and outgoing network traffic." That YOUR Router is set up properly. I've got good internet, and your speed test proved it!!

Basically, it is my fault, my router, my internet. BOLOGNA; stuff like this has been happening since day 1. I'll give you a better fix, viz., quit overloading the spawn rates in the Boss rooms in the Expeditions and everywhere else. While this happens most in the Expedition Boss Rooms--these issues are happening all of the time; just like the Event Arkfalls--SOSDD!!!!!!!!!!!
OR, YOUR wireless setup that kicks us instead of crashing the server--at least that's what we hear.

Example, Jackson (5 times in a row last night by the way, not 1 Dykuso Offspringfor the weekly pursuit.. FYI--finally gave up) and his crew, the ever/over spawning Grenadiers :( That "Don't Miss" (Boy if I had that accuracy I'd be perfect--something they should not be) FYI, it is easier to take down Jackson than the Grenadiers--this is total BALOGNA--it should be the other way around. Then guess what, because there is way to much going on, viz., automatic weapons, grenades going off etc--BOOM, hard freeze.

Don't get me wrong, love the game, love playing---but tired of the BALOGNA, and throwing the blame back on us--your still loyal players.

Get Real,
GPA

Johnny Gatt
06-19-2015, 10:47 AM
I have always had issues with hard freezing, in almost every situation as previously reported by other players on this thread. I have not noticed it being any worse than any other time in two years I have been playing. I guess I am just used to it. Since the latest patch however, I have noticed that when grouped up in expeditions between rounds, if I jump to a group member in a different phase, I will hard freeze every time. I have not had any issues with warmaster on Ps3 or switching loadouts, etc.

I only have hard freeze issues while playing the game on ps3. I don't experience hard freezes on the Xbox 360. (I think I have had two hard freezes on xbox in two years compared to min 2 per day on ps3.)

Cobra Crusher
06-19-2015, 10:52 AM
The menus keep getting stuck. Today they locked up and for over a minute i couldn't move or do anything because the chat box wouldn't close. And every single time i log on now when i go to a vendor the first time it takes like 10 seconds to load the inventory.

Bonehead
06-19-2015, 11:12 AM
constant hard freeze since game deploy

There you go.

riverat
06-19-2015, 11:36 AM
yes luckly we were done right after hard freeze. had to log out to exit. this was on jackson as well

Ray8888
06-19-2015, 11:48 AM
Not on my end. It's only on Defiance. I have two teenagers at home. A lot of consoles and a lot of games. The boy is almost always in the other room playing Smash bros on the other Xbox online lately and never freezes. It's consistently only Defiance.

Crack
06-19-2015, 11:52 AM
Serveral of my friends and I have seen the major increase in our xbox 360's hard freezing...average of twice a day. It has been a problem in the past but it was only a few times a month (no biggy). Whats different about this type of hard box freezing is it completely locks everything, where as the past would allow you the ability to still comunicate if you're in a xbl party. This freeze disconnects you from the party as well.

Nothing is predictable about this freeze, therefore no location/situation seems to cause an increased chance of it happening. If I had to guess when the increase started, it was sometime near the "Scrip Exploit" patch. I dont know if you added some sort of tool to help detect spikes in potential exploits, but Id start there if you did.

Good luck...could be a tough one to solve.

Ray8888
06-19-2015, 11:57 AM
If it isn't resolved soon the next event will be a ragefest when the casual players return en mass.

Bonehead
06-19-2015, 12:09 PM
If it isn't resolved soon the next event will be a ragefest when the casual players return en mass.

I love a good ragefest.

http://i1375.photobucket.com/albums/ag464/lenzdude/giphy_zpsbk5vckv3.gif

PithHelmetIrath
06-19-2015, 02:47 PM

... so, like about two plus hours from now once the next code airs on TV? heh

PS - Game rarely freezes on my 360, sorry to hear about PS3 users but I can't say that I'm surprised..

Ray8888
06-19-2015, 02:59 PM
I'm not talking about no code. I'm talking about double the freezes and crits than with the Christmas event and 10 times the whiners. There will probably be more people farming this next event than the last and the games even less stable. One plus one equals supernerdragemaximus. I predict 300 threads saying some variation of the same theme.

keptman
06-19-2015, 03:04 PM
Nothing new probably going to have to delete the patch work and reinstall. Just to have it still freeze up. The game is so laggy now that pvp is just insane, coops are going to get you dc'ed. I feeze up at least 2 times an hour now. With more then average dc'ing as well.

Mrdr
06-19-2015, 04:18 PM
Hey there folks, I see that several of you are reporting this. If anyone else you know is seeing increases, please make sure to have them post in this thread.
I, too, have been having issues but posted in the PS3 bugs forum.

And not to sound like a jerk BUT no less than 4 threads have been started on hard freezing in the PS3 bugs forum since June 1:

http://forums.defiance.com/forumdisplay.php?75-PS3-Bugs-and-Issues

It seems you're the only dev keeping an eye on them as you're the only one to reply in any of the threads I've read. You're awesome for making sure we don't feel like no one's listening but there's too many issues reported for just one person to manage. It also seems this problem got more traction here--at least one dev (you) was kind enough to take notice and ask for more details. Hopefully you can get more details from those 4 threads on page 1 in the link above. You replied in one of them so I know you're getting hit from all angles here (glad I'm not in your shoes).

Thanks for always trying to help and listening to our complaints. :)

LOOKxATxTHISxI
06-19-2015, 05:46 PM
Lots of hard freezes here lately. Went about 2 months with no hard freezes this patch broke whatever had been fixed for me. It was so bad for me this week I would log in to collect the daily reward and about 15 minutes later get a hard freeze. I played for about 1 hour this week. Patron pass money well spent :(

Mrdr
06-19-2015, 06:12 PM
Lots of hard freezes here lately. Went about 2 months with no hard freezes this patch broke whatever had been fixed for me. It was so bad for me this week I would log in to collect the daily reward and about 15 minutes later get a hard freeze. I played for about 1 hour this week. Patron pass money well spent :(

Good point. Those of us with passes should get an extension or partial refund--something for compensation due to this. Just sayin'

SUPREEM
06-19-2015, 08:26 PM
Same issues here (ps3) dam it man why are patches breaking the game? That beta ish smh.

Chump Norris
06-19-2015, 08:33 PM
I thought my PS3 was beginning to crap out on me.

Hope this is resolved before the summer event.

Smokey Black
06-19-2015, 08:42 PM
I had a hard freeze when I went to log off.. first time that happened.

xusdmovementx
06-19-2015, 08:51 PM
Add me to the list as well. Im on Xbox 360 NA and am using a relatively new console.

Orbi
06-19-2015, 10:15 PM
Add me and my husband too on PS3 NA. I think I'd only had one hard freeze ever since I started playing last summer, and my husband had never had one at all. Lots of disconnects, but never a hard freeze. Now though, it happens A LOT. Never at any particular place or during any particular activity. Just really random hard freezes while doing just about anything. Also, far more disconnects too.

Someone else mentioned chat not closing, and we've had that too. It's like it opens on it's own, and you can't close it or open the map/loadouts/menus. The only way to make it go away that I've found is to scroll up, then down, and then open the keyboard as if to type something. Then it will let you close it. This doesn't always work, and then we have to restart the game. This also became a problem after the last patch.

bigge
06-19-2015, 10:22 PM
same here geting hard froz out

Ray8888
06-19-2015, 10:23 PM
Someone else mentioned chat not closing, and we've had that too. It's like it opens on it's own, and you can't close it or open the map/loadouts/menus. The only way to make it go away that I've found is to scroll up, then down, and then open the keyboard as if to type something. Then it will let you close it. This doesn't always work, and then we have to restart the game. This also became a problem after the last patch.

On Xbox you have to open the Xbox menu then press B then press the in game menu button then B then do the hokey pokey and turn yourself around.

ZOP
06-19-2015, 10:26 PM
same here! It's getting real old. Hard freeze 4-6 times a day??? I can understand we need to restart from time to time, but after a nice....fresh....restart, hard freeze back to back. Do you guys have something against ppl from the east coast?? lol

darkmass3006
06-19-2015, 10:40 PM
darkmass3006 with the fallen along with hard freezes since day 1 of me playing this great game im having in game chat window freeze ups sometimes itll clear up 0n its own with in a few min but here lately its lasting alot longer

Ray8888
06-19-2015, 10:52 PM
I stand corrected, the code did cause enough traffic to break the game on Xbox (and PS3 as well it looks like). And they have an event planned?

Big Jack Shepard
06-19-2015, 10:58 PM
I had a hard freeze when I went to log off.. first time that happened.I had that happen. Kinda convenient.

Nova_Force
06-19-2015, 11:02 PM
I have had consistent reliable stability in recent weeks until the latest patch. I have been experiencing an unusually higher frequency of hard freezes as well. At times I have experienced a hard freeze while doing absolutely nothing aside from checking chat.

Gaige12
06-20-2015, 12:07 AM
3.012 did it for me. Lost my remaining 7 or 8 days of PP. Enjoying the Steam summer sale, (even if it does stink this year) while this horse shtako gets sorted.

Lamar Kendrick
06-20-2015, 02:09 AM
forgot to mention this, every time i logged off and switch to my other toon the screen turns black and does nothing and sometimes freezes as well

Rappy78
06-20-2015, 02:55 AM
The game is unplayable like this. I was enjoying my evenings playing but now I can only do a few things that don't require fast travelling or entering a different map location. It is horrid.

I WANT TO PLAY!!!!

Bonehead
06-20-2015, 08:02 AM
On Xbox you have to open the Xbox menu then press B then press the in game menu button then B then do the hokey pokey and turn yourself around.

That's what it's all about man...

PithHelmetIrath
06-20-2015, 12:35 PM
The most constant problem that I've been running into lately (on 360) would be the mini-map not appearing when I first log into the game.. that's a new one to me.

k_volle
06-20-2015, 12:54 PM
I am getting the same issue with my mini map, it doesnt appear when I first log in, I have to fast travel to another location to get it to show.

Also, I have been getting disconnected (says the game is unavailable) about every 90 minutes or so.

cartm58
06-20-2015, 01:32 PM

since the 3.014 patch my xbox 360 on eu server seems to hard freeze about every 2 hours of play and when you scroll through inventory you get a server disconnect making it impossible to manage your weapons or play around with new mods being added to new weapons in your inventory.

KILLSHOT707
06-20-2015, 02:49 PM
Happens all the time. Crit,crit,crit...freeze.

Ray8888
06-20-2015, 05:30 PM
Just happened again driving out of Headlands.

InfernoShark
06-20-2015, 06:06 PM
I hard freeze practically any time I do anything in the menu. I'm on PS3. Had this happen 6 times in under a half hour. I can't play it like this.

Macarthaig
06-20-2015, 06:10 PM
I haven't had it as bad as some of you guys, but yeah, getting more hard freezes lately. Not gonna hold my breath for a fix either.

crasher
06-20-2015, 10:18 PM
It does appear that this last update borked the system worse than normal.

Mrdr
06-21-2015, 06:58 AM
Not a hard freeze scenario but late last night (2:15am-ish) one member of our 4 man group was totally invisible the entire time we were trying to play a coop. We could see his green arrow, he could see ours, we were all chatting on our mics together, he could see our green arrows but not our toons. Further he couldn't see any enemies of any kind and even weirder was that the enemies couldn't see him either--they just totally ignored him. He tried everything we could think of to get him back to normal--pressing start, opening quick menu, sending him a private chat, having him blow himself up then revive, having him blow himself up then extract, etc. This lasted for about 10 minutes before he reset and rejoined with normal gameplay. What's more was that the group couldn't advance to the boss stage until he reset. Just before we started the coop he was totally visible and had no issues. This all started as soon as he spawned in the coop. Everyone was puzzled as to what was going on but a reset finally did the trick. Imagine if this happened to him in pvp...he would've been unfairly called (and likely reported as) a hacker.

clay marrow
06-21-2015, 09:01 AM
another hard freeze last night.. at least i made it through the whole death march without a dc....

Hexthat
06-21-2015, 09:28 AM
I haven't noticed any difference in the amount of freezing, but I guess I'm just super lucky. I have yet to find an incursion that freezes also.

EDIT ADD: Minutes after posting this I encounter my first frozen incursion, Incursion in Mount Tam, said "Time Remaining: 00:00:00".

Hexthat
06-21-2015, 09:36 AM
Not a hard freeze scenario but late last night (2:15am-ish) one member of our 4 man group was totally invisible the entire time we were trying to play a coop. We could see his green arrow, he could see ours, we were all chatting on our mics together, he could see our green arrows but not our toons. Further he couldn't see any enemies of any kind and even weirder was that the enemies couldn't see him either--they just totally ignored him. He tried everything we could think of to get him back to normal--pressing start, opening quick menu, sending him a private chat, having him blow himself up then revive, having him blow himself up then extract, etc. This lasted for about 10 minutes before he reset and rejoined with normal gameplay. What's more was that the group couldn't advance to the boss stage until he reset. Just before we started the coop he was totally visible and had no issues. This all started as soon as he spawned in the coop. Everyone was puzzled as to what was going on but a reset finally did the trick. Imagine if this happened to him in pvp...he would've been unfairly called (and likely reported as) a hacker.

Sounds similar to being in a different phase.

Mrdr
06-21-2015, 10:35 AM
Sounds similar to being in a different phase.

That's what we thought, but it showed that he wasn't. His health meter wasn't grayed out or anything. Everything indicated he was in the same phase except for his invisibility (and ours/enemies' for him). It's all good though as we completed the coop and he was able to get back to normal but it was a head scratcher for a while.

Hexthat
06-21-2015, 10:39 AM
That's what we thought, but it showed that he wasn't. His health meter wasn't grayed out or anything. Everything indicated he was in the same phase except for his invisibility (and ours/enemies' for him). It's all good though as we completed the coop and he was able to get back to normal but it was a head scratcher for a while.

Could you see how much amour plates he had?

I would have added to friend's list and try "Join Session In Progress".

Keziah
06-21-2015, 10:58 AM
The most constant problem that I've been running into lately (on 360) would be the mini-map not appearing when I first log into the game.. that's a new one to me.

That's been happening to me too. But, it's not just when I sign in. It happens when I go into coops & incursions also.

Mrdr
06-21-2015, 12:02 PM
Could you see how much amour plates he had?

I would have added to friend's list and try "Join Session In Progress".

Honestly I can't remember but if his shields were down I would've let him know (always keep watch on each other's shields in group).

Dark Book
06-21-2015, 12:20 PM
along with the hard freez increase the lag has become considerably worse.

FistPumper
06-21-2015, 02:13 PM
I experience several freezes a day, lag issues to the point where it tells me that my server connection timed out. Its not the router or the Service, its being monitored now and have seen no issues with the connection or any other network type cause. on the 19th when the servers went down, it timed out at least 10 times in the hour before it went down.

c_e_r_u_l_e_a_n
06-21-2015, 02:35 PM
I've had problems with hard freezes since I started playing, but lately it has definitely gotten worse. 5 minutes ago I opened the lockbox vendor and bam, froze up. This is getting ridiculous guys.

If defiance destroys my system, you guys gonna comp me for a new ps3? Haha

mark08859
06-22-2015, 09:24 AM
It has been happening to me ever since the new advert screen appears upon entering the game itself. What corrects it for me is using the START button (PS3) to go into the load-out menu and exit out. At that point the mini-map finally appears.

It called TESTING prior to implementation Trion. With your track record, it may be something you wish to consider.

Fallen_Aingeal
06-22-2015, 09:48 AM
It has been happening to me ever since the new advert screen appears upon entering the game itself. What corrects it for me is using the START button (PS3) to go into the load-out menu and exit out. At that point the mini-map finally appears.

It called TESTING prior to implementation Trion. With your track record, it may be something you wish to consider.They do test things. On PTS. On pc systems.

Problem is, most problems console users are having are never experienced on pc, so aren't discovered until it goes live. One would think it would behoove the team to create a way to test on console also, so these issues can be found and fixed before it goes live.

It is a multiple platform game after all.

Bonehead
06-22-2015, 09:52 AM

With PSN players getting the wrong end of the stick since 2013.

Pretty sure I wouldn't have been able to stick with it if I wasn't on PC.

crasher
06-22-2015, 09:59 AM
They do test things. On PTS. On pc systems.

Problem is, most problems console users are having are never experienced on pc, so aren't discovered until it goes live. One would think it would behoove the team to create a way to test on console also, so these issues can be found and fixed before it goes live.

As much as I sympathize with console players, (and I do, I wouldn't have played passed the first 2 weeks if I wasn't on PC), the PC platform is petty borked as well.
Clearly not as badly borked, but borked none-the-less.

Just saying.

Andraz
06-22-2015, 10:12 AM
I have taken the regular disconnects as just a part of the game.

Before the last patch i get the usual "timed out", and have never gotten the hard freeze. Now since the last patch i get more hard freeze's then "timed out". Black screen with 2 incomplete white lines going across or just froze screen. It causes my system to restart or i have to restart it. To make things better every time i get the freeze i get the " PS3 has been shut down incorrectly checking and restoring system file " which usually takes 10 min to 2 hours.

I have done my part and removed 95 percent of the stuff on my PS3 to decrease checking and restoring time:)

Big props to the vet's for putting up with issues for so long and sticking with it.

freddy koester
06-22-2015, 01:26 PM
I've been getting a few freezes per hour on Xbox na

PithHelmetIrath
06-22-2015, 02:07 PM
With PSN players getting the wrong end of the stick since 2013.

Pretty sure I wouldn't have been able to stick with it if I wasn't on PC.

Glad I never bothered playing the game on my PS3.. what a freaking nightmare. Only Netflix sees the light of day on my PS3 the past few months.

David Irwin
06-22-2015, 03:16 PM
since my last posts on this thread I have also had hard freezes right after start up, like right after I clear the little welcome screen that discussed the tv show and that, walked 1 step, and hard freeze. I have also had hard freezes when I go to log out. Also many strange glitches with vendors, too many to expain. it seems you can count on a hard freeze at least once per session, those are terrible odds :confused: . If I didn't have 2 ps3's I would have already quit playing for fear or ruining my system ( I would never install defiance on my fav console ), hard restarts are hell.

dremora ven0m
06-22-2015, 04:05 PM
Yep the hard freezes have increased for me in xbox eu server soooo much since the last patch!
Has happen in 2 expds boss fights as well as pretty much everywhere & anywhwre in game!
With each patch the game gets more laggy & buggy!
But hey the defiance bit store works right, so no real problems for the devs to work on!

Fallen_Aingeal
06-22-2015, 04:15 PM
I'm having a gaming rig built for when Just Cause 3 drops. If Trion told me I could port my character and everything I've worked for for the last 2 years, I may consider it.

Otherwise, I'll continue to torture myself on the ps3...

richardkrainium
06-22-2015, 05:22 PM
im thinking that stupid welcome (to the home shopping network) screen might have something to do with some of the problems we are having on the 360

Mrdr
06-22-2015, 05:47 PM
im thinking that stupid welcome (to the home shopping network) screen might have something to do with some of the problems we are having on the 360

But...how else will you know where to get arkforge and lockboxes--or boosts...or better yet...hunter requisitions? I mean, people had no idea that the the bit store existed before those ads! Hopefully they're making enough money now that everyone knows where to spend it in order to start fixing stability issues etc.

richardkrainium
06-22-2015, 07:41 PM
ya...im waiting for the " repair game" lockbox to show up in the bit store

Mrdr
06-22-2015, 08:01 PM
Hard freeze just now 10:55pm. Just completed island of lost soldiers then teleported to crater. Started driving to soleptor daily when I locked up. Had told power button down for 30 seconds. Tried to log back in and it's saying that it's downloading patch notes with 0 seconds remaining for a minute. Had to reset again to get it to work right. Pausing and resuming did nothing. On PS3 btw. Resetting allowed me to download patch and get back in.

This is getting so old...:(

Bonehead
06-22-2015, 08:03 PM
ya...im waiting for the " repair game" lockbox to show up in the bit store

The way the rng works in this game it would probably be full of birdshot pumps.

Trek1701a
06-22-2015, 08:50 PM
I wanted to chime in with some issues I've been having for the last week or so that are either worse than before or never happened before, I'm playing on the PS3.

As others have had the minimap doesn't appear until I go into the main map screen and back out.

Lag/pop-in has gotten really bad just travelling around the map. I never had to wait for things to load just going around. All I would see for enemies is the red arrow. Items on the ground would take a few seconds to even let me pick them up or not. Sound is getting delayed being played, like quest objectives and such.

Luckily, over the last week or so, I have had only one hard freeze but quite a bit of soft ones and/or disconnects. Ones that I don't remember having or at least having too often is ones during loading screens, which has happened decently frequently recently. The advice on the screen rotates messages, but the next area never loads. So I have to force quit the game and restart.

mark08859
06-23-2015, 06:57 AM

Thank you. I wasn't aware their testing was so limited. But it is indicative of the direction this game is going as they focus more on money instead of a quality product. It doesn't take much to play/test for a short while on an XBox or PS3 system. Most of the problems experienced by console users pop up pretty fast and/or frequently.

As you correctly point out, "It is a multiple platform game after all." And, if Trion is selling it (let's not argue free-to-play here) on multiple platforms, it isn't rocket science to test it on multiple platforms.

Johnny Gatt
06-23-2015, 10:13 AM
I am starting to see hard freezes more on my xbox 360 now too. Hard froze twice yesterday. Once while scrolling through inventory, and second time after disconnect ,hard froze loading back in. I know its not much compared to how many times I hard freeze on Ps3, but I have rarely had this issue on xbox in the past. Now that Ps3 has invisible enemies just like xbox, I'm gonna have a harder time remembering what console i am playing Defiance on now.

Mrdr
06-24-2015, 08:19 AM
So if it's now happening on 2 different consoles and even the PC is having more problems now (and we all know that this game is designed for PC players in mind but little to no concern for testing on console) then it's pretty safe to say that the problem is on Trion's end--not the gamers'. Hopefully this thread combined with the myriad others in the PS3 bugs forum will be enough for Trion to start taking this seriously. At least we know kiwibird is listening/has heard us.

Crack
06-24-2015, 08:44 AM

Ya there is post after post in the PTS threads stating there is a lack of people on there to do much testing...looks to me like it needs to be opened up to a console. I dont know how many times Ive seen videos of major event tests done by one or two players.

Mrdr
06-24-2015, 09:51 AM
Ya there is post after post in the PTS threads stating there is a lack of people on there to do much testing...looks to me like it needs to be opened up to a console. I dont know how many times Ive seen videos of major event tests done by one or two players.

I'd love to test for PS3. Wait...that's right, Every PS3 player is testing for PS3--only the bugs/problems reported don't seem to be bugs/problems to anyone but us testers. At least that's the way it seems to us--like we're screaming at a wall.

Fallen_Aingeal
06-24-2015, 09:56 AM
I'd love to test for PS3. Wait...that's right, Every PS3 player is testing for PS3--only the bugs/problems reported don't seem to be bugs/problems to anyone but us testers. At least that's the way it seems to us--like we're screaming at a wall.

This is what I'm afraid it would be like.

Believe me, I have gone far and above what the majority of ps3 players have done to help. I know several others that have also.

I think 1 person on the team devoted solely to ps3 and one devoted solely to xbox would help immensely!

Mrdr
06-24-2015, 10:04 AM
I think 1 person on the team devoted solely to ps3 and one devoted solely to xbox would help immensely!

This would make good business sense. Having a SME for each platform would help equalize the support/development fields for everyone.

Cobra Crusher
06-24-2015, 05:21 PM

Its really bad trying to close the chat when you have a thumbstick that stays in the down position.

r1p
06-24-2015, 05:44 PM
Just got back from a hard lock. This time when I restarted the PS3 it forced a system checked and file recovery and didn't even give choice. I did 2 daily contracts and was on for maybe 15 minutes. About half the time when I quit the game now I get a hard lock. It's OK though, I know Trion is focusing on the really important bugs like the 8 players "exploiting" Bug Basin which must be costing them $50 a day.

Mrdr
06-24-2015, 06:23 PM
Just got back from a hard lock. This time when I restarted the PS3 it forced a system checked and file recovery and didn't even give choice. I did 2 daily contracts and was on for maybe 15 minutes. About half the time when I quit the game now I get a hard lock. It's OK though, I know Trion is focusing on the really important bugs like the 8 players "exploiting" Bug Basin which must be costing them $50 a day.
That system check and file recovery on hard lock happens each time for me. I've lost count as to how many I've had happen over the months.

AngryCaveman
06-24-2015, 10:47 PM
Please keep in mind, when we group up, these are Hard freezes happening. meaning that each time the firmware on the consoles has a chance of corruption.Please keep this in mind Trion, this should be priority one would think, even though online experience isn't guaranteed by any game, cause of corruption on too many systems could really be bad PR for future gaming.

Mister Derpenhowser
06-25-2015, 06:06 AM
3 freezes in under an hour... this **** is ridiculous. Sort it trion ffs

Mister Derpenhowser
06-25-2015, 06:23 AM
Make that 4... honestly wtf is being down about this bs

mark08859
06-25-2015, 12:25 PM
Make that 4... honestly wtf is being down about this bs
In all likelihood, probably nothing as it doesn't directly relate to revenue generation.

Just look at the lack of any type of response to the myriad of posts regarding this topic. But hey, we have golden skitterlings!

Mister Derpenhowser
06-25-2015, 01:00 PM
Oddly enough it all started after I added someone who I did a trade with... ended after I deleted him. Not my ideal fix but I rather my ps3 not have a meltdown.

Hexthat
06-25-2015, 01:12 PM
I had an issue hard freezing often for Xbox360, fixed fast though. All I had to do is go to storage and clear system cache, problem was 100% resolved.

r1p
06-25-2015, 01:16 PM
My PS3 just hard froze and rebooted when I said the word "Defiance". The odd bit was that it wasn't even turned on.

Mrdr
06-25-2015, 04:13 PM
My PS3 just hard froze and rebooted when I said the word "Defiance". The odd bit was that it wasn't even turned on.

It finally conceded defeat.

Ookii
06-25-2015, 05:12 PM
Yes, This was a big issue yesterday. Seemed like every hour I would hard freeze, then would have to hit the power button. The hard disk error checking would run every time taking about 5 mins.

Was kind of nice, it helped me remember to stand up, stretch, and get some water. Trion should market this as a feature.

Major Crapshot
06-25-2015, 05:59 PM
That system check and file recovery on hard lock happens each time for me. I've lost count as to how many I've had happen over the months.

IKR? Every time it happens to me and it goes into recovery mode, I wait with baited breath to see if it comes back or not. Talk about nerve racking.

PithHelmetIrath
06-26-2015, 05:41 AM
I had an issue hard freezing often for Xbox360, fixed fast though. All I had to do is go to storage and clear system cache, problem was 100% resolved.

R2D2 must be some kind of special, because I've never had to do this with my 360.. lol