PDA

View Full Version : TURTLE BEACH XP400 pairing help xbox

Cygnus
06-21-2015, 09:17 PM
I bought this great bluetooth headset new.It worked great on initial set up.I was in heaven.afterwards I didn't use the head set for about a week .
That's when I discovered it unpairs.I managed to get it paired once only to have it unpair again.
NOW I CAN'T FIGURE OUT HOW TO PAIR IT AGAIN.Ive watched videos, read threads.

The biggest problem in this design is the 3:cool: sets of blinking lights to decipher and no lcd screen with actual information.

IF YOU HAVE THESE AND HAVE EXPERIENCED THIS .PLEASE HELP.

dixzyalot on xbox na
Cygnus in game.

MagnusRune Daltus
06-22-2015, 01:53 AM
well it proablly unpairs each time you turn off the xbox.
and i didnt now xbox had blu tooth.

is there a re-set function for the headphones?

Cygnus
06-22-2015, 05:31 PM
There is an transmitter that plugs into the xbox via the optical cable,a small reciever that plugs into the controller,and the headset itself.

when it works you can hear the footsteps of others trying to sneak up on you in pvp.

The sound is great.only complaint is I can't keep it paired.so essentially they are worthless until I get help.

I know not many people use headsets on consoles.but I'm sure im not the only one who has experienced this with this headset.please help or steer me in the right direction.

Customer support for turtle beach is the same as trion no direct phone number.you need to submit a ticket.

If anyone can help my gamertag is dizzyalot on xbox na

CowdBlud
06-22-2015, 11:58 PM
ive got a px5 the other thing you may want to check for is other wireless devices operating on similar frequencies that may be interfering. i had that a while back and was a pain to track down...

Cygnus
06-23-2015, 01:16 AM
I need to figure out how to pair it again first.

MagnusRune Daltus
06-23-2015, 01:46 AM
how do you charge it? as i have a wireless bluetooth chair.. and the transmitter eats through 2xAAA in 30 mins.

the device turns on, and says its sending the signal, but it doesnt, and is actually a known fault with it.

so maybe the headphones have the power to turn on, but not connect. also not somthing silly like multiple channels avalaible? and you switched channel on 1 end somehow?

Mister Derpenhowser
06-23-2015, 05:09 AM
When I first got my turtle beach px3 for ps3 I thought they were broke, mic stopped working everytime I reset. I was unplugging and replugging everything in between resets for a while.. then I found a much easier fix, never mentioned anywhere in the instructions mind you. I turned the mic volume down 1 & up 1 & problem solved. Lol, worked it into muscle memory so I do it everytime I switch it on now.

I know this isn't a fix for you but hopefully you will find a quick fix that is similar in some way and really I'm just pointing out turtle beach can be a bit screwy on console.

Good luck!

P.s the px3 transmitter box has a switch to choose between ps3/360/pc, idk if yours has something similar but be worth checking if its set to 360 if it does.

Mister Derpenhowser
06-23-2015, 05:39 AM
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=4SKR5aVH2Xw

Found this video, it should help you out. I noticed in the comments someone was having an issue similar to yours, his fix was holding the power button on the headset for longer than the 2 beeps mentioned in the video.

Cygnus
06-23-2015, 07:20 AM
These charge via usb cable just like most cell phones.i have had it fully charged .not being fully charged can keep it from pairing.yes these are ps3 compatible too.ill look into that.ive watched most videos but ill check to see if the one you sent helps.

Biggest problem now is pairing procedure in the manuel isn't working for me.too many blinking lights to decipher .If some one could step by step it for me that knows how to do it that would be a great place to start.
iv only been able to pair it twice, once when it was new and once after about 4hours of standing on one foot ,touching my nose with my eyes closed while spinning in a circle and tossing salt over both shoulders .lol.

then i can address how to keep paired.which I believe may have something to do with how I turn it on or off.a phone number with a live operator would help greatly!!

I can use in xbox live party to hear and speak to others just can't get game audio at the moment which means its unpaired to the transmitter