PDA

View Full Version : Why are you patching the game during prime time?

AquaBladder
04-05-2013, 03:16 PM
I don't mean to be rude and I'm not trying to say the game isn't good, but for the past week you've been shutting down the servers every day around this time on the xbox 360.

And, you know what, why?

Now, I understand that some people play this game in every time zone at every time, but really? Can't you patch the game at like 1:00AM Eastern time? Or at least at a time when the majority of players, and I mean the MAJORITY, won't have to worry about it?

Why do I say this? Well, normally, it wouldn't be a big deal, but this is going to keep happening every day for a long time apparently. So why not set it up so your players can enjoy the game around the time when a bunch of them choose to play it?

It isn't us that should be giving up our enjoyment because the game has issues. I really appreciate you trying to fix the game, but at the very least, try to fix it when people won't mind.

Otherwise more people are going to get irritated with the game and stop playing it. I might not be one of those people because I am a rational person, but its very easy to see how many people get pissed off by this, particularly first time players who just finished downloading 2 hours of updates and patches.

Just a thought.

Jardian
04-05-2013, 03:20 PM
So you wish for them to waite to put in crash patchs that are effect everyone just because it is prime time for you ?

jack2059
04-05-2013, 03:24 PM
So you wish for them to waite to put in crash patchs that are effect everyone just because it is prime time for you ?

Right now is primetime for US and Europe together. Shouldnt be going offline at this time.

Do it so its early morning for america and afternoon for UK. Less active times

AquaBladder
04-05-2013, 03:26 PM
Right now is primetime for US and Europe together. Shouldnt be going offline at this time.

Exactly.

That way everyone is happy. I fail to see why this is an issue.

FailedSeppuku
04-05-2013, 03:26 PM
They went down at 10:30GMT, i usually play between 9 and 12. I don't play in the middle of the day, so 6am EST would be 11am GMT ... perfect time to put the servers down. Only the jobless bums or those lucky enough to have a day off will be missing out :p:p

mcwjimbo
04-05-2013, 03:29 PM
actually its PRE prime time west coast USA and since Trion offices are based in San Diego CA then a bias for West Coast prime time is understandable

its only 3:30 there and people haven't even left work yet

AquaBladder
04-05-2013, 03:30 PM
actually its pre prime time west coast usa and since trion offices are based in san diego ca then a bias for west coast prime time is understandable

its only 3:30 there and people haven't even left work yet

those monkeys!

Warlander
04-05-2013, 03:30 PM
they should be patching whenever important patches are available.
if that happens to inconvenience you for 30 min to bad.

Jardian
04-05-2013, 03:31 PM

ummm this isnt primie time US on a weekend yes but not a friday west cost is just getting off work and so on. prime time us is about a hour and a half away. Just to clear that up.

Valethar
04-05-2013, 03:33 PM
Nowhere near primetime US, it's only just now 3:30 west coast time, you know, where Trion is at?

SchwartzJesuz
04-05-2013, 03:36 PM
I thought primetime was about 8 pm? Its 03.37pm in most of the US right now, and 00:37 am in most of Europe right now (11.37pm in the UK)

JMadFour
04-05-2013, 03:36 PM
because the game has shtako that needs urgent fixing. better to fix it now, than later.

you can live without playing Defiance for an hour.

besides, it's not even 7 yet on the east coast.

sushiking89
04-05-2013, 03:38 PM
It would be nice to patch the game up maybe during morning or like noon time? I know you guys love this company or whatever but please stop defending them. And it's not just an hour, the patch takes an hour then we have to deal with all the people trying to log in and the servers having to deal with that which takes another hour.

dahanese
04-05-2013, 03:41 PM
We will always try and patch the game during non-peak times, however, if we have a patch that can help fix some serious problems we aren't going to hold it - we want to make sure you get the best experience as soon as possible.

SchwartzJesuz
04-05-2013, 03:43 PM
It would be nice to patch the game up maybe during morning or like noon time? I know you guys love this company or whatever but please stop defending them. And it's not just an hour, the patch takes an hour then we have to deal with all the people trying to log in and the servers having to deal with that which takes another hour.
That would affect EU gamers instead. You forgot that people outside of the US also play this game?

JMadFour
04-05-2013, 03:43 PM

so you don't mind when things are screwed up and not working properly and you don't want them fixed until it is convenient for you, personally. correct?

got it.

FailedSeppuku
04-05-2013, 03:50 PM
Just UK losing out here anyway, patch it all tomorrow anyway as i won't be on for the first time in 4 days ... i have the shakes already

sushiking89
04-05-2013, 03:55 PM
so you don't mind when things are screwed up and not working properly and you don't want them fixed until it is convenient for you, personally. correct?

got it.

No you dont get it. The convenient time for most people is during morning/lunch time since most people WORK for a living

Warlander
04-05-2013, 03:58 PM
Someone close this pointless thread, important patches need to be put out as soon as they are available, not when its most convenient for you.

Not like they shut thinsg down for hours.

Paragons
04-05-2013, 03:59 PM
Its always some time somewhere in the world so someones gotta *****.
Welcome to MMOs, they need updates. I feel sry for the console players (Xbox); but Ive been on pc never QQ over their minimal downtime's and never been kicked. You do realize other companies would take down their severs and say 30-1hr, but then take 5 hours or even half the day... It could be worse...
This one for example had something that needed nerfing.

If somethings breaking the game any mmo would go down... Its the only way to avoid rollbacks which only amateur company's end up doing. I for one also welcome that Vehicles CD is being lowered...

Kittea
04-05-2013, 04:01 PM
As said, Trion is based in the west coast, and I'm sure their day goes kinda like this:
Reading as many issues as possible
Locating to see which issues were causing any sort of memory leak, crash in the server since last patch
Create a patch that should cover these issues
Shut down the servers to patch.

30 minutes isn't too big of an issue. It'll be okay. we can... I dun know read a book or watch tv or go outside and enjoy some really nice weather (at least in my town) lol.

QuantumBear
04-05-2013, 04:02 PM

Everyone is happy? yeah except the people that can't play the game at all on xbox...

sushiking89
04-05-2013, 04:03 PM
Someone close this pointless thread, important patches need to be put out as soon as they are available, not when its most convenient for you.

Not like they shut thinsg down for hours.

Yes please close this thread down. Too many delusional people defending this company.

DustOfDeath
04-05-2013, 04:04 PM
lol priem time.. according to who? just because its the prime for you.. its nto for everyone... its midnight and past midnight in most of the eu and africa and russia and most asia

Popko
04-05-2013, 04:06 PM

Are you trying to say that the patch, which actually took 30 minutes or less, took 2 hours? The queues take less than 30 seconds most of them time

No you dont get it. The convenient time for most people is during morning/lunch time since most people WORK for a living
You know there are these things called time zones, and that lunch time isn't the same for everyone, right?

JMadFour
04-05-2013, 04:12 PM

congratulations, you have a job. most people do, so that doesn't make you a special flower.

so again you would rather them wait until it is convenient to you, personally, to patch, rather than fix game-breaking issues as soon as possible.

as for me, I WORK for a living just like you do, and I say fix everything as soon as possible, even if it means patching during primetime.

you are just being a spoiled, self-entitled brat.

"WAAAAAAAH STOP FIXING THE BROKEN GAME SO I CAN PLAY!"

I guarantee if they didn't patch, you'd be on the forums crying "WAAAAAH FIX THE GAME NOW!"

smh...kids.

Trion, just fix the damn game.

Swarm
04-05-2013, 04:22 PM
this makes me think of that song... its 5 O'Clock somewhere..... itll be primetime somewhere nomatter what you do. be thankful its not a 2hour maintenance that nothing gets fixed in and a 30 min patch where **** gets noticibly better.

iUnR3aLz
04-05-2013, 04:25 PM
We will always try and patch the game during non-peak times, however, if we have a patch that can help fix some serious problems we aren't going to hold it - we want to make sure you get the best experience as soon as possible.

Do you mean the patch for 360 that brought back the crippling lag when everything was FINE. SICK PLAN.

Nmalthus
04-05-2013, 04:29 PM
Because patching the game and fixing issues is far more important than your missed hour or 2 of play.

@Valethar: Trion is here in Redwood City, Ca (About a block away from me , heh)

SmallpoxJenkins
04-05-2013, 04:42 PM
Oh boo hoo, you and other people don't agree with the times decided on for these things.
Be grateful they're rolling out patches in the first place, and go find something different to do until everything is finished.

AquaBladder
04-05-2013, 05:07 PM
I'm not sure if I could have worded my OP any nicer.

Glad to see the community is as friendly as any other game site.

MacDeath
04-06-2013, 07:00 AM
No you dont get it. The convenient time for most people is during morning/lunch time since most people WORK for a livingI agree with you but... People in Europe (and Asia and Australia and New Zealand) don't all have morning/lunch time when America does, In fact, People in New York mostly don't have lunch at the same time as those in California. So... No matter WHEN you take servers down it will impact SOMEONE'S prime time.